User Lists: 0

Hawkman

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Can we see scans of Hawkman cutting people as durable as the Thing? If he can cut through Thing he most probably wins.

angrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THING SMAAAASH

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consider Hawkman clobbered.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Hawkman's rather incredible healing factor... He takes a much longer time to go down.

Though I guess he could just fly around and pepper Grimm?

Naw, too out of character. Thing for a majority.

Avatar image for supermutant2121
supermutant2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By supermutant2121

Hawkman has sent Blockbuster airborne and koed him with full battle mode nth metal. He has regenerate limbs and fought evenly with Lobo. Thing gets absolutely stomped, Hawkman is much faster and has aerial supremacy, and deadly weapons that could cut off Thing's head. Plus Hawkman just survived a planetary explosion from point blank range. Thing does horrible against characters like Shatterstar and Wolverine who are much faster than him.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if hawkman has the claw of hours then he takes it

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thing.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No morals - Hawkman gets his op weapon and one shot thing.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman. His punches have hurt Mon-el. so he has the strength and he flys pretty fast. id give it to him.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hawkman

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkmane

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: You forget, Darken gives off pheromones that can effect people. Spider-Man has super reflexes and spider-sense, and 20 ton strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New-52 Hawkman wins. He has all the equipment to win.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Even though Hawkman is a top notch combatant and go toe to toe with every upper street leveler and maybe even low mid-tiers but Thing is in a higher league.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

New-52 Hawkman wins. He has all the equipment to win.

interesting

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, what can current Carter do?

ReaperDewpider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing crushes this bird.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs claws to even hurt Ben unless I'm missing something.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Hawkman has the claw of horus then Thing

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hawkman hit's pretty hard. He's got the advantage here of maintaining a safe distance via flight because his current Nth metal mace returns to him like Mjolnir when he throws it.

He can also take hits that knock him out of the sky and smash people out of the sky. Both examples crater the ground.

If we allow his strange ability to summon past lives he can also create an army but I think we should take that with a grain of salt. If we allow it this is what happens.

No Caption Provided

Including...

...a New God, the Dragon of Barbatos, and a Kryptonian.

It's a fairly recent ability and is likely restricted to circumstances.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By pastepotpete1

why the hell are people posting scans of spiderman a 10 tonner and luke cage a 20 tonner ?to try to debate about fighting hawkman .. hawkman is like a 30 maybe 40 tonner still ben just grabs him and slowly rips his wings off one by one

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1:That only works if we treat this like an arm wrestling match. It's also not Hawkman's strength that matters so much as the way Nth metal amplifies his strikes. That shockwave I posted earlier was just to blow the attacking trees away.

No Caption Provided

This is just to give a bit of the hierarchy of special metals in the DC verse as given in the Metal series.

• 7th metal is used in what are considers some of the world's most powerful artifacts like Fate's helmet, Aquaman's trident, and Wonder Woman's bracelets of submission (as shown in Metal).
  • 8th metal is the god weapons metal and used in things like Poseidon's trident, Apollo's sun blade, and Wonder Woman's invisible jet.
  • Nth metal (9th metal) is the next step and it does things like defy the laws of physics and manipulate energy. This with what Hawkman and Hawkgirl use.
  • Element X (10th metal) is what Motherboxes use. It alters reality and rewrote the universe at the end of the Metal event when Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hal Jordan, and Aquaman combined their wills to manipulate it. Examples include Atlantis rising and the creation of the Dark Pantheon.

Nth metal is extremely potent as a material as the step between what the ancient gods created and Motherboxes. That's why it's so effective in striking (among other thing). That leads into the current Hawkman, who's origin story was retconned to predate Prince Khufu.

There's a lot more to him than people realize. Ktar Deathbringer was the original who made a deal to reincarnate until the lives he's saved exceeds the lives he's cost. The Deathbringers are apocalyptic when they arrive and have destroyed countless civilizations and planets.

That's the kind of villain Hawkman deals with these days. He's also got his life in the Dark Forge adding to his heritage.

reverse order

Nth metal allows him to face and survive Mandrakk, the Monitor of the Dark Universe, who Cosmic Armor Superman struggled with. To be fair, Neon (a reality warper) does most of the work but we can see some physical altercation and using the mace to block energy blasts from a such a powerful being. It should also be noted that Neon specifically cannot affect Nth metal, showing how powerful this metal is.

reverse order

Synn in a Thanagarian god who consumes souls and put that casually put that dragon together. Synn easily took Firebrand's soul and Neon went in after her but he needed to fight Hawkman, hence the dragon. Hawkman easily survived being eaten by a dragon and Synn is another example of the level of opponents current Hawkman has been facing.

reverse order

Neon defeated Synn by freeing the souls he had consumed while rescuing Firebrand. Hawkman is capable of grounding out that amount of soul energy for a while, and when we see how much power that actually was it's enough to rupture a hole in reality.

If it's not clear, I'm demonstrating that Hawkman's Nth metal mace is extremely powerful and capable of hurting Thing.

reverse order

Giant stone magical golems that casually destroy stone temples are getting into the lower end of current Hawkman's foes. Nth metal is traditionally effective against magic and Hawkman one-shots with a strike to the 3rd eye. The reason I chose to add these is for the quote in the middle image.

To bad for you, only one of us has wings? Carter Hall

That's a bit of a drawback for Ben.

As I said above, my earlier image of the shockwave was not Hawkman's attacking blow. He was literally just knocking the attacking forest away. After that things got hairier.

That's the size of the trees when that forest started attacking. The shockwave was a lot bigger than I gave in my scan because of he scan rule but it was a solid blow. What it did was make Moz-Ga angry.

No Caption Provided

Which led to Hawkman attacking a living wizard planet. Again, level of opponent.

That's some more size comparison and Hawkman demonstrating the intent to hit harder than the shockwave image earlier. The size comparison is important because of the crater Hawkman makes.

No Caption Provided

Ray Palmer and those earth monsters in giant, that forest is gone, and not only is the pit so big we cannot see Hawkman, we cannot see the Thanagarian space ship yet that he was after. Hawkman fought through the planet and got to the ship.

No Caption Provided

And tanked gravity manipulation that was about to destroy the Thanagarian ship. You can also see the crater again from a birds eye view up in the sky.

The mace is more than a striking tool, as shown in the massive energy manipulation earlier. One of it's properties is it responds to Hawkman's summons and will return to him, much like Thor's hammer. These images also show that Hawkman can fight armies to nothing over the course of hours with no ill effects. The first two images are facing Idamm, the immortal alien leader of the Deathbringers who replaced Ktar Deathbringer.

He started as one man fighting armies, but these ones eventually overwhelmed him and that was when he summoned his past lives as an army of Hawkmen. All of the Deathbringers are immortal and killing them was problematic.

No Caption Provided

When killing Idamm was an issue (Hawkman did impale and drop him at one point but it didn't take cuz immortal) he chose to break his spirit and reclaim leadership of the Deathbringers. I bring this up because he's intelligent, tactical, and comes up with solutions to his problems.

No Caption Provided

The broken spine didn't take either. Immortal. The point of the image is because an immortal warlord who spent all that time destroying countless civilizations and planets stated Carter Hall's countless lives may have made him the strongest warrior he's ever met. That's an accolade that puts him among the best in the universe. But of course statements. It's just clear he's got a lot going for him in that department.

However, it's interesting to know how much experience that really brings.

Carter Hall's past lives were stated to be quantum by Ray Palmer. They include all time and space, and at least a couple examples that include the microverse and dark universe. The psychic energy from reabsorbing all of his memories was enough to crater the ground around him.

The reason I chose to respond to you was because your post seemed a bit too dismissive to me, and I thought perhaps I could give reason not to be so dismissive. Like I said earlier, strength isn't everything. Speed, skill, tactical ability, and offensive power compared to defensive power all contribute.

I'll repeat myself: this isn't an arm wrestling match. Current Hawkman's typical opponents so far have been gods and immortals, and his Nth metal has seen him through that. I'm inclined to go with the guy who fights planets because Hawkman has the weaponry and striking power to hit Ben from a distance throwing his mace. He has the flight speed and agility to avoid hurled objects, and he has the durability to tank a thunderclap.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben one-shots.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben wrecks

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ashrym

I posted Hawkman fighting characters above Ben's paygrade, which is pretty much everyone this version of Hawkman has fought, tbh. He doesn't have enough appearances yet to get lowballed. His only other battle is Shadow-Thief, who was amped by Apex-Lex.

People are entitled to their opinions, and I'm sticking with the Moz-Ga example for physicals to deal with Ben. Forest blasting strikes and town sized craters are enough to demonstrate the striking power to hurt Thing. When Ben learns to fly he might do better against Mjolnir-light. ;-)

EDIT: to be clear, someone who Cosmic Armor Superman struggled with did not one-shot Hawkman at this point. Some y'all be dreamin' :-D

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

I posted Hawkman fighting characters above Ben's paygrade, which is pretty much everyone this version of Hawkman has fought, tbh. He doesn't have enough appearances yet to get lowballed. His only other battle is Shadow-Thief, who was amped by Apex-Lex.

People are entitled to their opinions, and I'm sticking with the Moz-Ga example for physicals to deal with Ben. Forest blasting strikes and town sized craters are enough to demonstrate the striking power to hurt Thing. When Ben learns to fly he might do better against Mjolnir-light. ;-)

EDIT: to be clear, someone who Cosmic Armor Superman struggled with did not one-shot Hawkman at this point. Some y'all be dreamin' :-D

Whatever you say, pal.

No Caption Provided

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn:

A) That's just an attempt at lowballing and;

B) That's a completely different version of Hawkman who died in the Death of Hawkman miniseries.

Current Hawkman is the incarnation after the version you are using to lowball. He emerged out of the Dark Nights: Metal mini series. After the he was in The Unexpected and his own ongoing series. He's got very few appearances at this point, the most of which are what I demonstrated above.

So yes, "whatever I say" because you don't actually know the character, which is why I was giving information on the character. ;-)

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing wins.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@toratorn:

A) That's just an attempt at lowballing and;

B) That's a completely different version of Hawkman who died in the Death of Hawkman miniseries.

Current Hawkman is the incarnation after the version you are using to lowball. He emerged out of the Dark Nights: Metal mini series. After the he was in The Unexpected and his own ongoing series. He's got very few appearances at this point, the most of which are what I demonstrated above.

So yes, "whatever I say" because you don't actually know the character, which is why I was giving information on the character. ;-)

Ah yes, of course Hawkman being trashed by street tiers is a low end, how could I forget that his epic town busting attacks make actually make him Cosmic Armor Superman tier! Yeah, which is totally consistent and makes perfect sense. About as much as Thing sending Beyonder to hospital, yeah.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: That version of Hawkman was also being lowballed in the Deathstroke scan, which was PIS. That version of Hawkman had Nth metal infused blood that made him immortal and he fought fake Lobo, Ivo's Shaggyman android, and Despero. It wasn't until the Nth metal was extracted from him that they could kill him off and make room for the current incarnation.

Most versions Hawkman have solid showings against mid and high tier powerhouses. Street level was never really a thing outside of the rare PIS images like the Deathstroke example. Not that Deathstroke is trash for street tier, but he certainly doesn't invalidate current Hawkman in any way.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

@pastepotpete1:That only works if we treat this like an arm wrestling match. It's also not Hawkman's strength that matters so much as the way Nth metal amplifies his strikes. That shockwave I posted earlier was just to blow the attacking trees away.

No Caption Provided

This is just to give a bit of the hierarchy of special metals in the DC verse as given in the Metal series.

• 7th metal is used in what are considers some of the world's most powerful artifacts like Fate's helmet, Aquaman's trident, and Wonder Woman's bracelets of submission (as shown in Metal).
  • 8th metal is the god weapons metal and used in things like Poseidon's trident, Apollo's sun blade, and Wonder Woman's invisible jet.
  • Nth metal (9th metal) is the next step and it does things like defy the laws of physics and manipulate energy. This with what Hawkman and Hawkgirl use.
  • Element X (10th metal) is what Motherboxes use. It alters reality and rewrote the universe at the end of the Metal event when Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hal Jordan, and Aquaman combined their wills to manipulate it. Examples include Atlantis rising and the creation of the Dark Pantheon.

Nth metal is extremely potent as a material as the step between what the ancient gods created and Motherboxes. That's why it's so effective in striking (among other thing). That leads into the current Hawkman, who's origin story was retconned to predate Prince Khufu.

There's a lot more to him than people realize. Ktar Deathbringer was the original who made a deal to reincarnate until the lives he's saved exceeds the lives he's cost. The Deathbringers are apocalyptic when they arrive and have destroyed countless civilizations and planets.

That's the kind of villain Hawkman deals with these days. He's also got his life in the Dark Forge adding to his heritage.

reverse order

Nth metal allows him to face and survive Mandrakk, the Monitor of the Dark Universe, who Cosmic Armor Superman struggled with. To be fair, Neon (a reality warper) does most of the work but we can see some physical altercation and using the mace to block energy blasts from a such a powerful being. It should also be noted that Neon specifically cannot affect Nth metal, showing how powerful this metal is.

reverse order

Synn in a Thanagarian god who consumes souls and put that casually put that dragon together. Synn easily took Firebrand's soul and Neon went in after her but he needed to fight Hawkman, hence the dragon. Hawkman easily survived being eaten by a dragon and Synn is another example of the level of opponents current Hawkman has been facing.

reverse order

Neon defeated Synn by freeing the souls he had consumed while rescuing Firebrand. Hawkman is capable of grounding out that amount of soul energy for a while, and when we see how much power that actually was it's enough to rupture a hole in reality.

If it's not clear, I'm demonstrating that Hawkman's Nth metal mace is extremely powerful and capable of hurting Thing.

reverse order

Giant stone magical golems that casually destroy stone temples are getting into the lower end of current Hawkman's foes. Nth metal is traditionally effective against magic and Hawkman one-shots with a strike to the 3rd eye. The reason I chose to add these is for the quote in the middle image.

To bad for you, only one of us has wings? Carter Hall

That's a bit of a drawback for Ben.

As I said above, my earlier image of the shockwave was not Hawkman's attacking blow. He was literally just knocking the attacking forest away. After that things got hairier.

That's the size of the trees when that forest started attacking. The shockwave was a lot bigger than I gave in my scan because of he scan rule but it was a solid blow. What it did was make Moz-Ga angry.

No Caption Provided

Which led to Hawkman attacking a living wizard planet. Again, level of opponent.

That's some more size comparison and Hawkman demonstrating the intent to hit harder than the shockwave image earlier. The size comparison is important because of the crater Hawkman makes.

No Caption Provided

Ray Palmer and those earth monsters in giant, that forest is gone, and not only is the pit so big we cannot see Hawkman, we cannot see the Thanagarian space ship yet that he was after. Hawkman fought through the planet and got to the ship.

No Caption Provided

And tanked gravity manipulation that was about to destroy the Thanagarian ship. You can also see the crater again from a birds eye view up in the sky.

The mace is more than a striking tool, as shown in the massive energy manipulation earlier. One of it's properties is it responds to Hawkman's summons and will return to him, much like Thor's hammer. These images also show that Hawkman can fight armies to nothing over the course of hours with no ill effects. The first two images are facing Idamm, the immortal alien leader of the Deathbringers who replaced Ktar Deathbringer.

He started as one man fighting armies, but these ones eventually overwhelmed him and that was when he summoned his past lives as an army of Hawkmen. All of the Deathbringers are immortal and killing them was problematic.

No Caption Provided

When killing Idamm was an issue (Hawkman did impale and drop him at one point but it didn't take cuz immortal) he chose to break his spirit and reclaim leadership of the Deathbringers. I bring this up because he's intelligent, tactical, and comes up with solutions to his problems.

No Caption Provided

The broken spine didn't take either. Immortal. The point of the image is because an immortal warlord who spent all that time destroying countless civilizations and planets stated Carter Hall's countless lives may have made him the strongest warrior he's ever met. That's an accolade that puts him among the best in the universe. But of course statements. It's just clear he's got a lot going for him in that department.

However, it's interesting to know how much experience that really brings.

Carter Hall's past lives were stated to be quantum by Ray Palmer. They include all time and space, and at least a couple examples that include the microverse and dark universe. The psychic energy from reabsorbing all of his memories was enough to crater the ground around him.

The reason I chose to respond to you was because your post seemed a bit too dismissive to me, and I thought perhaps I could give reason not to be so dismissive. Like I said earlier, strength isn't everything. Speed, skill, tactical ability, and offensive power compared to defensive power all contribute.

I'll repeat myself: this isn't an arm wrestling match. Current Hawkman's typical opponents so far have been gods and immortals, and his Nth metal has seen him through that. I'm inclined to go with the guy who fights planets because Hawkman has the weaponry and striking power to hit Ben from a distance throwing his mace. He has the flight speed and agility to avoid hurled objects, and he has the durability to tank a thunderclap.

thing has gone toe to toe with the Hulk he has beaten different versions of the Hulk

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete1: You say that like it's typical or trumps Moz-Ga. Or that the Hulk was flying and using ranged attacks.

Hawkman isn't the Hulk so fighting one doesn't equate to fighting the other. That's why I posted more than just big attacks.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kane batgirl has koed hawkman so has batman so i dont think fighting someone who can go toe to toe with the hulk is a good idea

maybe rhino would be a better fight

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kane batgirl has koed hawkman so has batman so i dont think fighting someone who can go toe to toe with the hulk is a good idea

maybe rhino would be a better fight

They didn't do that to this version of Hawkman. It's just getting back to highballing Thing and lowballing Hawkman. Your argument is the rare street level is the norm while the typical powerhouse is the outlier. You have it backwards.

It's your opinion, however. I'm not going to dis it because Ben is a solid brick. He's just not going to simply "just grabs him and slowly rips his wings off one by one". That doesn't work on fliers with ranged attacks, something that's been ignored.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Thing wins

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Thing isn't losing to Hawkman, let's be real here. If he can tank punches from Immortal Hulk he can tank everything from Hawkman without problems.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: what are current Hawkmans abilities? And is it still Carter Hall? Does he change significantly morals on vs off? For example Genis Vell morals on is a universal powerhouse that hangs around galaxy level; but morals off he’s a multiversal threat.

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben lolstomps.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: what are current Hawkmans abilities? And is it still Carter Hall? Does he change significantly morals on vs off? For example Genis Vell morals on is a universal powerhouse that hangs around galaxy level; but morals off he’s a multiversal threat.

He's the latest incarnation of Carter Hall, more in line with post-crisis Carter Hall Hawkman. His morals are more significant than the new 52 Carter Hall (who was more violence and battle lust). I haven't seen current Hawkman go morals off to make any judgements on what that might entail.

Currently he really has nothing but high showings in his battles. The typical strength and durability we used to see from Hawkman, flight, vision, fast healing (nothing to the extent n52 Carter had). Most of that is pretty typical of Hawkman facing mid and high tier powerhouses in the past. Typical high end combat skill and tactical ability.

His current mace has been impressive. Blocking blasts from Mandrakk and temporary manipulating 1000 souls that ruptured a hole in reality levels against energy. The giant shockwave strikes I demonstrated earlier are fairly common in his latest series. He demonstrated again in today's comics. The largest were when he "was going seismic" against a planet being and those were large town / small city size crater blows.

The current mace responds to his will by summoning it and he uses it like Thor, throwing it through attacks and returning to his hand. That's actually my main argument for a win here for Hawkman.

Thing is clearly stronger and more durable. There's no question there. It's the striking power Hawkman has with the mace, flight, and range that I'm arguing here. When someone like Carter has been shown shockwaving opponents away by ground strikes and cratering the ground like that it's harder for Thing, who doesn't have anywhere near the same level of mobility. Remote strikes with that kind of striking power eventually garner a win.

It's not like I'm lowballing Ben with Shatterstar beating him here, lol. Hawkman legit has the abilities for a tactical win via striking power and the durability to handle thunderclaps. Ben's drawbacks are range and mobility and that's what's costing him in the long run.

The other ability current Carter has is the ability to use links to his past lives to time / space travel directly to them and summon them to him. That's something that was going on for the last year and may only relevant to that story arc depending on whether it continues or not. If we allow those abilities Carter would stomp this match.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HM got this

Aversionofthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he doesn't.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: that’s awesome information! Not to sound stupid, I honestly thought Carter was streetlevel to low tier, this makes him sound nearly high tier.