I think Emma wins

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lantern Prime

Raven? Shes short and isn't that powerful either.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos

i'm not sure...

i don't know enough about Emma's powers...

i know she has some psi ability but i'm not sure how much

can someone help me with Emma's powers please?

M

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Titan3510

Colt Python says:

"Emma is a very powerful Telekenetic and she can become diamond hard.She is also skilled at making electronic devices."

Excuse me, Emma is a powerful telepath not telekinetic.

Raven wins.

Raven can teleport through dimensions, is an powerful empath, meaning that she can control emotions, can relieve others of their pain and heal them, can fly, and can project her Soul-Self, a psychic entity that takes on the shape of a giant black bird that can attack others physically or by entering their minds causing them to collapse in pain and fear and in cold darkness and it acts as her eyes, ears, and mouth away from her body.

Raven's Soul-Self could just envelop Emma showing her worst fears and ravaging her mind. Or Raven could just teleport Emma to a demon dimension and just leave her there. Raven could just make Emma cry uncontrollably and force her to relive her the sad moments in her life without hope.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Elemental says:

"Colt Python says:
"Emma is a very powerful Telekenetic and she can become diamond hard.She is also skilled at making electronic devices."
Excuse me, Emma is a powerful telepath not telekinetic. Raven wins. Raven can teleport through dimensions, is an powerful empath, meaning that she can control emotions, can relieve others of their pain and heal them, can fly, and can project her Soul-Self, a psychic entity that takes on the shape of a giant black bird that can attack others physically or by entering their minds causing them to collapse in pain and fear and in cold darkness and it acts as her eyes, ears, and mouth away from her body. Raven's Soul-Self could just envelop Emma showing her worst fears and ravaging her mind. Or Raven could just teleport Emma to a demon dimension and just leave her there. Raven could just make Emma cry uncontrollably and force her to relive her the sad moments in her life without hope. "

Yes, or Emma could just shut down half of Ravens brain so when she walks it looks like she's chasing her own tail.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Elemental says:

"Colt Python says:
Excuse me, Emma is a powerful telepath not telekinetic. Raven wins. Raven can teleport through dimensions, is an powerful empath, meaning that she can control emotions, can relieve others of their pain and heal them, can fly, and can project her Soul-Self, a psychic entity that takes on the shape of a giant black bird that can attack others physically or by entering their minds causing them to collapse in pain and fear and in cold darkness and it acts as her eyes, ears, and mouth away from her body. Raven's Soul-Self could just envelop Emma showing her worst fears and ravaging her mind. Or Raven could just teleport Emma to a demon dimension and just leave her there. Raven could just make Emma cry uncontrollably and force her to relive her the sad moments in her life without hope. "

Yes, or Emma could just shut down half of Ravens brain so when she walks it looks like she's chasing her own tail.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Titan3510

Raven can beat Emma.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LegendaryKYJ

Elemental says:

"Raven can beat Emma."

It's possible but highly unlikely. Emma doesn't take chances, it's not unlike her to be inside her opponents head before they know it.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chameleone

Colt Python says:

"Elemental says:
"Colt Python says:

IT'S THE SAME THING!!!

anyway Emma Frost wins.Your the only one who thinks Raven will win."

It's not the same. A telekinetic can move things with there minds (Hellion, Jean Gray) but a telepathic can only read/control people's minds ( and a whole lot more but i don't feel like writing it) examples would be Jean Gray (she's both), Prof X, Emma Frost

Pink Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pink Awesome

From what I've seen in both Cartoon and Comic fashion my bets are still on Emma Frost as well, I mean even if things get rough, she can turn into Diamond, and she is a force to be reckoned with in a mind battle. Though Raven for her age and experience can hold her own, I dont think it will be enough for the more experienced Emma Frost.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Emma Frost.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Titan3510

Okay, people. DO you know what goes on in Raven's mind. Do you know what is in it? Her connection with her dark side is still there even though it hasn't been touched upon. But still, Raven has special defenses against telepathy. Her Soul-self. What happened to Raven teleporting Emma to New Azarath and leaving her there.

If you people still won't budge. Let's go with this.

The classic Raven not the teenaged Raven against Emma. Remember classic Raven still had that evil side. So what now. Would Raven from the 80s beat Emma?

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma's one of the most powerful telepaths in the world. She'd lobotomize Raven with an idle thought.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd say she's third or forth on the all time most powerful telepath list.

1. Xavier (when he's got em)

2. Jean Grey

3. Cassandra Nova

4. Emma Frost

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colt Python says:

"Elemental says:
"Colt Python says:
IT'S THE SAME THING!!! anyway Emma Frost wins.Your the only one who thinks Raven will win."

It's definitely not the same thing... telekenisis is the ability to move stuff with your mind, in comics usually can create concussive forces etc. Telepathy is the ability to read peoples minds, in comics usually harm them or control them, or even mindwipe them.

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this only Marvel? Because Martian Manhunter is pretty good.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She also has a great understanding of her abilities, which lets her defeat opponents with more raw mental power. Like Xavier, she has finesse as well as mental muscle. Plus she can dish out one hell of a beating in diamond form.

And yes, that's just in the Marvel Universe, I have no idea how MM stacks up.
Post Edited:2007-10-18 20:56:38

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

She's badass, plain an simple. That was one of the greatest moves by Marvel, bringing her in as an X-Men.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Apparition

why are you sorry about it?

Xénon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xénon

Against any lesser telepath I would say Raven, but Emma just has too much of both raw psychic power and technique/finesse/experience. Sorry, Emma takes this.

Answerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Answerman

Even though I'm more of a Titans fan and Raven is more powerful overall, she'd still loose to the more savvy with her powers and ruthless Emma Frost.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Apparition

that was much better than your first (one word) post!

Baal Zak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Baal Zak

<3 Emma

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Titan3510

So are you guys saying that a Raven possessed by Trigon would lose to Emma. There is no denying, Emma is good. But...

Merman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Merman

Anyways cant Emma just be in Diamond form which blocks all forms of psychic attacks, plus she gets suber stregnth in that form 2

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Titan3510

Her soul-self isn't psychic. And she can teleport other people too, wherever she wants.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792

To quote Storm: "By itself, the piece of straw is nothing. But thrown by my winds, it can punch through brick. Imagine the possibilities if I throw a Steel Spear? Diamonds are incredibly hard, but not unbreakable. They can be cut, they can be carved, and if you find the proper stress point and apply sufficient force, they can be shattered." Raven is a pretty scary opponent. And her telekenisis is really good. Problem is, I've seen Emma go up against uberpowerful opponents with her telepathy and do some serious damage. Heck, she even beat Rachel Grey once. I think Emma's telepathy is comparable to Xavier's. With that said, I'm kinda leaning towards Emma. The things that woman can do with her psychic abilities really surprise me sometimes.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Elemental says:

"Colt Python says:
In diamond form, she has absolutely no emotion. Without diamond, she has mental powers that rival the best of them. Power is one thing, but even if you're uberpowerful, you can still get your butt handed to you. Emma's skill is a powerful force to be reckoned with.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Forever

Colt Python says:

"Dormammu says:
"Colt Python says:
"Elemental says:
"Colt Python says:
IT'S THE SAME THING!!! anyway Emma Frost wins.Your the only one who thinks Raven will win."
It's definitely not the same thing... telekenisis is the ability to move stuff with your mind, in comics usually can create concussive forces etc. Telepathy is the ability to read peoples minds, in comics usually harm them or control them, or even mindwipe them. "

wow way to be all technical about it."

You should try to be at least as technical.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Elemental says:

"So are you guys saying that a Raven possessed by Trigon would lose to Emma. There is no denying, Emma is good. But..."
If Raven possessed by Trigon can be used, then Emma using Cerebra, the older, stronger sister of Cerebro, can be used as well.
Gemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gemini

Erm... Thats a tough one. I'd say that old Raven - especially if possessed by Trigon - would win, but the newer Raven... not so much.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Colt Python says:

"Elemental says:
"Okay, people. DO you know what goes on in Raven's mind. Do you know what is in it? Her connection with her dark side is still there even though it hasn't been touched upon. But still, Raven has special defenses against telepathy. Her Soul-self. What happened to Raven teleporting Emma to New Azarath and leaving her there. If you people still won't budge. Let's go with this. The classic Raven not the teenaged Raven against Emma. Remember classic Raven still had that evil side. So what now. Would Raven from the 80s beat Emma?"
Raven from no era would beat Emma."
I still have to give my vote to White Queen. Her psychic skills are just too much in my opinion. And while she has been overcome, it has been by people who have dealt with her before, thus, more experience. But even with that, Emma has had major comebacks. She's just so skilled that I can't really imagine her losing. I mean, her expertise is such, that she can peroform "PSYCHIC SURGERY" for cryin out loud.
Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Titan3510

White Mage says:

"Elemental says:
"Colt Python says:
In diamond form, she has absolutely no emotion. Without diamond, she has mental powers that rival the best of them. Power is one thing, but even if you're uberpowerful, you can still get your butt handed to you. Emma's skill is a powerful force to be reckoned with. "

She does have emotion in diamond form. She was crying when Scott was very injured in Astonishing X-Men #22. Raven, reborn, can now project emotion and use emotion as an offensive weapon. Raven's demonic connections are back. Raven can absorb Emma into her soul-self and send her someone not nice and pretty. Emma had major issues back when she was a teenager and young woman. Raven can pull that out and make Emma relive her nightmares from a outside POV like Jean did in New X-Men #139. But maybe I'm wrong. Emma has a good chance of winning but has never faced the devil's daughter or demon empowered people before.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Djinn

i doubt Raven could beat Emma

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By Zoom

Raven could definately kill Emma.

Emma should win in character but out of character...

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By pixelized

I doubt Emma would want to go into Raven's Mind.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By Strafe Prower

Raven curbstomp.

Diamond form? Raven is a TK and has teleportation. Superstrength and endurance will do nothing for you.

Telepathy? Raven has a defense against telepathy, not to mention she controls emotions, which would do just as much damage.

I don't see Emma winning by anymeans...at all.

bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bioghost

if the Cuckoos sister have a hard time dealing with Belasco's mind
Why would Raven's mind be any differnt to emma.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zoom
Strafe Prower said:
"Telepathy? Raven has a defense against telepathy"
Does she really?  I thought that for awhile, but I forgot how Phobia's powers aren't straight up telepathy.  They're illusional.

I think full power Raven (note: not the Raven you see in everyday comics) would be able to resist Emma telepathically anyhow for the two seconds it would take her to obliterate Emma, but does she really have telepathic resistance besides having a strong willpower and a ridiculous amount of power waiting to be unleashed?
feihungjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By feihungjin

Raven took down Professor Xavier the most powerful telepathic mutant, so she can definately take down Emma Frost. Sorry guys but it's a fact, she also went one on one with the Phoenix, of course she lost and almost became evil, but still not many beings survive a one on one battle with the Phoenix.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Son Of Storm
@feihungjin said:
"
    Raven took down Professor Xavier the most powerful telepathic mutant, so she can definately take down Emma Frost. Sorry guys but it's a fact, she also went one on one with the Phoenix, of course she lost and almost became evil, but still not many beings survive a one on one battle with the Phoenix. "
IS this a crossover???
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Matezoide2
@Son Of Storm: 

yes
Starfire even kisses Colossus to learn Russian
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spiderpigbart
@VictoriaGrey_2010 said:
 Jean Grey is the strongest Telepath in the world    "
No.  There are several more powerful.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zoom
@VictoriaGrey_2010 said:

"And lets say that you are right, please name the stronger Telepaths "

Manchester Black.  Psimon.  Captain Comet.  Hector Hammond.  Doctor Psycho.  Charles Xavier.  Moondragon.  Saturn Girl.  Saturn Queen.
Avatar image for little_miss_kitty
Little_Miss_Kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma is awesome. She is practically indestructible, and has great telepathy..... raven pwns.  
What if she telports emma to Azarath??? 
Sorry, emma fans. My vote goes to Raven

Avatar image for victoriagrey_2010
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven wins this battle, all Emma has is Telepathic power.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zoom
@Little_Miss_Kitty said:
"What if she telports emma to Azarath???"

She...shouldn't be able to do that.  Unless they retconned that that's where her soulself takes you.  Johns retcons a lot of stuff and I read his Titans before I read Wolfman's and David's.  With Wolfman's and David's being soooooooo much better, I've blocked much of Johns' stuff from my memory.  XD 

Raven does still win though.
Avatar image for little_miss_kitty
Little_Miss_Kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a scene in one of them where Raven threatens someone with transporting them to Azaroth.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zoom

She might have claimed that "inside her soul self" (which is stupid because inside her soul self is like a 30 square foot area of open space) is Azaroth during Family Lost.  That whole storyline sucked though.  Showed Johns doesn't know a thing about Raven and it resurrected a character (Raven) who was better off dead. 

Oh, the point was that that place wasn't anything like the previously established Azaroth.