Darth Vader(Rebels) vs Anakin Skywalker(TCW)

• 113 results
Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because this is canon only, Vader should win this comfortably.

AnakinVader99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By redheathen

@breakofdawn said:

As far as I know, the only source for Vader becoming more powerful is Vader himself.

Even so, 14 BBY Vader was stalemated by Eeth Koth in sabers, so I'd argue that even by Rebels he's not as good as Anakin (who was one of the finest swordsmen in the Order, up there with the top 5) given that he didn't face any real threats after that until Rebels. He's stronger, but he's not as agile or nimble, and that'll be a problem.

I'll give it to Vader in an amazing fight, simply because of his strength and (potentially) greater power.

1. As far as I know, the only source for Vader becoming more powerful is Vader himself

Are you talking quotes from Lords of the Sith? If not, then would you please tell me what you're talking about? However, I am familiar with a couple sources that say this:

• Tarkin - Sidious says that Vader's power is unparalleled:

"You are a true Sith, Lord Vader. Your dedication is unerring and your powers unparalleled."

One could argue that Sidious is lying to Vader, but this statement is backed up by another source:

• Jedi Fallen Order's "Tactical Guide" entry for 14 BBY Vader:

Few survive an encounter with the most powerful Sith in the Galaxy.

2. 14 BBY Vader was stalemated by Eeth Koth in sabers, so I'd argue that even by Rebels he's not as good as Anakin

I don't really think that was a stalemate. My POV was that Vader eggs on Eeth Koth and then throws him. They duel and then Vader chokes him.

3. He's stronger, but he's not as agile or nimble, and that'll be a problem.

I'll give it to Vader in an amazing fight, simply because of his strength and (potentially) greater power.

I do agree it will be a good fight, but S5 Anakin still had some difficulty with Dooku. Actually, ROTS Anakin before turning to the dark side had some trouble with Dooku, but he was doing very well against him...until Dooku used Dun Moch (ROTS novel). This would give Vader an edge I'm sure, especially if Sidious isn't there to tell Anakin what to do.

14 BBY Vader could possibly have been as fast or faster than Sidious (Lords of the Sith), depending on how you interpret the verbiage:

With preternatural speed the Emperor drew, ignited, and slashed at the girl with his lightsaber, but Vader had sensed his Master's intent and moved with greater speed, igniting his own blade and intercepting his Master's blow before it could land.

Eh, maybe not, but either way, the novel also says that Vader's immense connection to the Force is now greater (which you acknowledge), which means his augmentation is greater than Anakin's, and perhaps Vader's speed is not as hindered as many people seem to think:

His injuries had deformed his body, left it broken, but they’d perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force.

When man and machine were one, he no longer felt the absence of his legs or arms, the pain of his flesh, but the hate remained, and the rage still burned. Those, he never relinquished, and he never felt more connected to the Force than when his fury burned. With an effort of will, he commanded the onboard computer to link the primary respirator to the secondary, and to seal the helmet at the neck, encasing him fully. He was home.

Even the limitations that people perceive Vader to have because of his suit aren't really limitations. We also know from the 2017 Vader comic that Vader had a difficult time in the beginning, but he modified his suit so that it became his home. More from LOTS:

Once, he'd found the armor hateful, foreign, but now he knew better. He realized that he'd always been fated to wear it, just as the Jedi had always been fated to betray their principles. He'd always been fated to face Obi-Wan and fail on Mustafar--and in failing, learn. The armor separated him from the galaxy, from everyone, made him singular, freed him from the needs of the flesh, the concerns of the body that once had plagued him, and allowed him to focus solely on his relationship to the Force.

Apparently, Vader is closer to the Force than ever before, and apparently, the absence of Padme (among other things) gives him the ability to do so, which should give him an edge over Anakin. I know you acknowledged Vader's greater power and that you gave the duel to Vader, but I wanted to share those quotes anyway.

Vader's suit gave him other abilities. He lost a bit of one thing but gained a couple other abilities to replace what was lost, such the various benefits his suit and prostheses provided him. Example: His suit is armor. Anakin's anger can amp him, but no matter how mad Anakin is, he can't force his lightsaber to be more of a lightsaber (amp his lightsaber) and therefore cut through Vader's armor faster and better. I think Vader's suit could negate any speed advantage TCW S4 Anakin has over Vader, if there is one.

If his suit itself becomes an issue during the duel, we saw in the 2015 and in the 2017 Vader comic series that Vader can live without the use of his suit for a relatively long period of time.

I'd argue that Vader is more durable than S5 Anakin. Anakin has the ability, obviously, to further develop his extraordinary durability, but Vader has lived that and done that. Anakin has yet to live through what Vader has and has yet to develop Vader's pain and damage threshold. Vader is Anakin, but better in every way in terms of combat with the possible exception of speed, which might not be that big of a deal.

I'm not really arguing with you. I pretty much agree with what you've said and thought you might like these quotes.

Above I talked about 14 BBY Vader. The OP uses Rebels Vader, who has 10 years more time practicing in the dark side, learning, and experience then Lords of the Sith Vader and Jedi Fallen Order Vader.

Rebels Vader >>> S5 TCW Anakin in experience, power in the Force, and knowledge.

Vader's bionics give him an edge in addition to his greater power, which gives him stronger augmentation. Vader will overpower Anakin. Even though they have zero knowledge of each other, Vader will recognize everything about Anakin's combat abilities, tactics, etc. He may not know Anakin, but he'll know what he's going to do the majority of the time after he recognizes the moves and tactics.

Round 2: Vader still wins. Anakin at his angriest is still not experienced in the dark side and will be sloppy compared to Vader. Vader is the master of emotion and will most likely feed off light-side-user Anakin's anger.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen:

No Caption Provided

To be honest, I'd forgotten about this thread, lol.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader obviously, Jesus

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DeutschKurzhaar

@void_reborn: I agree he is better than tcw Anakin. But if your not just talking about tcw Anakin and your saying Vader has become more powerful than knightfall Anakin as well, I have to strongly disagree with you, as Vader is actually only a fraction of what knightfall Anakin was

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf02d3ddc76
deactivated-61cf02d3ddc76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Vader.

donloota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin.

NighStar666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: this Vader beats knightfall Anakin , why make this ?

Everything is debatable -- especially in an active, ever-shifting continuity. For example, in this instance, you could compare Anakin's domination of Barriss Offee to Vader's performance against Ahsoka Tano.