Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

Daisy Johnson:

No Caption Provided

VS

Roy Harper:

No Caption Provided

When Daisy Johnson takes on Roy Harper, who will win?

MCU Daisy, CW Roy

Roy does not have Mirakuru. Daisy does not have powers.

Fight takes place in an urban environment. Starting distance is 30 feet.

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Round 1: Both are unarmed

Round 2: Roy has his bow. Daisy has her gun

Who wins?

T1793456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People on CV love to lowball Roy when he was 2nd most consistent h2h combatant to Oliver on the show , he can beat Daisy with or without a bow

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arcus1

People on CV love to lowball Roy when he was 2nd most consistent h2h combatant to Oliver on the show , he can beat Daisy with or without a bow

Wait, are you saying second best compared to Oliver? Or second in terms of consistency in how he was portrayed?

@t1793456 said:

@arcus1: Daisy both rounds

Any reasons?

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@birdman400 said:

Wait, are you saying second best compared to Oliver? Or second in terms of consistency in how he was portrayed?

@t1793456 said:

@arcus1: Daisy both rounds

Any reasons?

when he was finally established as arsenal , he was portrayed with consistency and he surprisingly very acrobatic when he fights

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400:

Ok. I can see that

I thought you were saying he was the second best fighter after Ollie, which I'd disagree with

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400:

when he was finally established as arsenal , he was portrayed with consistency and he surprisingly very acrobatic when he fights

Roy is cripplingly inconsistent, he goes from being an actual competent fighter to struggling against Curtis. Curtis.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: didn't he beat Curtis, with his own tech?

Plus Curtis placed 3rd in every Olympic event, he's not just a lab tech

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: didn't he beat Curtis, with his own tech?

He ended up throwing back a grenade/pulse thing that Curtis had thrown but apparently misfired/mistimed.

Plus Curtis placed 3rd in every Olympic event, he's not just a lab tech

What?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By jayskee

Daisy both rounds

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm tempted to say Roy takes both rounds. It really could go either way.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

I'll try to find a clip, but yeah, he's an athlete

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400:

Roy is cripplingly inconsistent, he goes from being an actual competent fighter to struggling against Curtis. Curtis.

Curtis is actually skilled in martial arts lol , he knows judo and the basics , remember he only landed 2 punches on Roy , he didn't struggle but you know his entire objective wasn't to fight Curtis but to get in and get out

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9
deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daisy both rounds.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare said:

@birdman400:

Curtis is actually skilled in martial arts lol , he knows judo and the basics , remember he only landed 2 punches on Roy , he didn't struggle but you know his entire objective wasn't to fight Curtis but to get in and get out

Knowing just the basics shouldn't be enough to last a couple of seconds, let alone land a single hit. Roy is many things but consistent he is not.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jayskee

@arcus1:

Daisy has better hand to hand feats

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: like what? @buildhare: he's Olympic level, better than just the basics. Why can't that be a feat for Curtis? It's not like Curtis won, or was ever winning

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400 said:
@buildhare said:

@birdman400:

Knowing just the basics shouldn't be enough to last a couple of seconds, let alone land a single hit. Roy is many things but consistent he is not.

any real fighter knows that no matter how skilled you are , you will get hit and you still try ignore that Roy wasn't focused the whole time on Curtis , his objective was get in and out the lab as fast as you can , , using his one special guest appearance to determine how good he is as a whole shows you don't want to face that truth

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jayskee

@arcus1: Almost beating Agent 33 . Taking down a room full of hydra agents. Taking down trained soldiers .

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1:

It matters what Olympic event. If he got 3rd in everything (?) then fine, he's a fit guy. If it was something like curling then it would mean less then nothing. If it's an actual martial art then great, the feat isn't totally nonsensical.

It's the fact that Roy didn't crush him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Decathalon I think (not everything, my bad), but I'll check it.

He beat him with minimal difficulty, the fact that Curtis wasn't crushed is good for Curtis

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daisy should honestly take both rounds. I think round 1 in pure H2H is close, but Daisy got ridiculously competent with a gun at the end of season 2.

This scene is just ridiculous:

Loading Video...

Sort of competes with May:

Loading Video...

Fights well against Alisha:

Loading Video...

Very early on in her training, she can hold her own against an experienced agent in Agent 33, who was able to give May a good fight earlier on in the season:

Loading Video...

Keep in mind that throughout season 2, she had only received like 3 months of combat training, given she had absolutely none throughout pretty much all of season 1.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Paytience

Daisy wins both rounds. After her sparring match with Lincoln...yeahn the technicals that were actually displayed in that were really good. She takes this...Roy get's put on the deck in rd1 and beat from there.

With a gun? Don't be ridiculous...

That girl is getting so stupid good so stupid fastn that I have no explanation other than "alien dna". And even then, Lincoln doesn't come close.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By PeterParkerJr

@arcus1: In pure H2H, I think it's very close. Daisy's no slouch in that department, but neither is Roy.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

People can joke about all the flips he does, but couple that with his extreme acrobatics and he can close the distance quickly. He's arguably got the skill to give Daisy a damn good fight.

I can see him taking R2 because he's dealt with gunfire before. He can use his Bow and get the drop on her.

Loading Video...

Daisy's not that incompetent with a gun, but still.

Again, it really could go either way. I'm just making a case for Roy cause I feel he's being a little low balled here. He may be inconsistent, but he's still very skilled.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arcus1

Daisy wins both rounds. After her sparring match with Lincoln...yeahn the technicals that were actually displayed in that were really good. She takes this...Roy get's put on the deck in rd1 and beat from there.

That girl is getting so stupid good so stupid fastn that I have no explanation other than "alien dna". And even then, Lincoln doesn't come close.

What'd she do while training Lincoln that was so impressive

@arcus1: In pure H2H, I think it's very close. Daisy's no slouch in that department, but neither is Roy.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yes, gifs, I like gifs

Technically he did beat Nyssa

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Daisy both rounds. While Roy may be more athletic/acrobatic, Daisy is more efficient and has a better emphasis on disabling her opponent. In round 2, Daisy's just a really good shot, but even if she somehow couldn't hit him, she's pretty good at disarming opponents as well.

@nfactor1995: That first scene with the gun...ridiculous.

@arcus1: That doesn't count as beating Nyssa lol.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Paytience

@arcus1: I'll break it down on my laptop later, but it was pretty damn nice. I know they were just chilling, but whoever taught/choreographed is a good grappler and made sure to show it. From her step out on the bearhug escape to the hip drop on the half mount/leg ride, it was really good.

She executed a flawless standing star pass to a double leg post. There is nothing Roy does that can control range between them as well as she can close it, meaning he's gonna get caught and force to fight inside where he is pretty definitively gonna lose.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Daisy both rounds. While Roy may be more athletic/acrobatic, Daisy is more efficient and has a better emphasis on disabling her opponent. In round 2, Daisy's just a really good shot, but even if she somehow couldn't hit him, she's pretty good at disarming opponents as well.

@nfactor1995: That first scene with the gun...ridiculous.

@arcus1: That doesn't count as beating Nyssa lol.

Not a conventional win, sure, but they fought, she went down

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, anyone else?

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By birdman400

nobody here can still convince me that Daisy can beat Roy , and AoS literally has 3 competent fighters that have shown to be elite or almost level (Bobbi and May and Ward) all the others are just jobbers including almost every inhuman

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By TheSuperor

Roy for round 1 and Daisy for round 2

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was this? The new episode uh... I think it was the Inside Man?

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Arrow has zero competent fighters. Either prove it or stop hating.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Arrow has zero competent fighters. Either prove it or stop hating.

malcom, Nyssa , sara , oliver , deathstroke, Isabel rochev , al-owal ,etc. I could name more if you want lol , try again young blood

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Paytience

@birdman400: 1. Don't call me youngblood clown.

2. You wanna go ahead and try to show why they're "competent"? Because I can show you why they're clearly not.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: Arrow has zero competent fighters.

How are you judging competency? Just choreography?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roy takes R1. Looses R2. Daisy is pretty good with gun.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: That's actually a great way to show fighting competency because it shows the fighting moves that they use in combat.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: 1. Don't call me youngblood clown.

2. You wanna go ahead and try to show why they're "competent"? Because I can show you why they're clearly not.

YOUNG BLOOD , lmao and show me cause I got more to name

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: not saying choreography can't be used. But at the same time, if choreography is the only thing used, then it can easily just become a matter of which show/movie has the bigger budget for better choreographers. Plus we all know that, in fiction, martial arts that aren't always effective in real life can be effective

That being said, I do agree that choreography should be taken into account. Just not in isolation

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Paytience

@arcus1: It doesn't matter though...if the ONLY thing making a martial art effective in fiction is the inability of an opponent to fight correctly; and I have another fiction where they CONSTANTLY show the corrwct counters, actions and decisions...and deploy them in a way that the other side would not be able to counter...

...then no it isn't an inaacurate or dishonest way to do it at all.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience:

So you only look at the choreography? And is every fighter in CW bad when judged just on choreography?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nfactor1995

@arcus1: Yeah I agree.

Btw is birdman400 another one of those CW fanatics? Can't tell but he said nobody could convince him that Daisy beats Roy and that's borderline irrational thinking...

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Paytience

@arcus1: No that isn't all that is looked at...but if you wanna judge the actual technical ability fighters, then it is one of the only things we have to go on.

And yes...based on that metric, the same metric you would use when evaluatimg a pro fighter, then yes, most of the CW verse is pretty bad. Like, REALLY bad. And given a few exceptional moments from Punisher, most of season 2 DD is as well.

This wouldn't be an issue if Bobbi, Cap and Ward weren't on the other side of the coin doing it almost perfectly correct.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: idk, maybe @paytience: Except they're not real life pro-fighters, they're fictional characters.

What makes CW/Daredevil so awful?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: That's being awfully close-minded man...seriously after watching Daisy's fight scenes you really think she has NO shot at beating Roy?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: Wait, you don't think the Daredevil season 2 choreography is good?