Adam (Record of Ragnarok) vs Saitama (OPM)

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d065fa72d466
deactivated-5d065fa72d466

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam stomps hard

jimcrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimcrim: https://youtu.be/U2EHp4BAtig (i wasn't able to find it with eng subtitles so rip. I can post the feats and other stuff tomorrow morning (11pm here) or you can read the manga, i'm going to sleep soon, nighty night)

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jashugan

This guy loses really hard. In his only appearance in the manga, neither he nor his opponent punched as hard as Saitama's regular punches with the thousands of punches they threw.

It's also pretty clear that the "power over time" punch was never used again in the entire fight because the god of war, who couldn't see the punch being used because it was too fast or whatever had no problem seeing every punch afterwards and he made it such a big deal that he could see every other move except that one.

I'm also quite sure he doesn't permanently remember or utilize every attack because he was copying and then using attacks as they happened. It's why he doesn't use those fast punches from the beginning of the fight later on in the fight because zeus didn't use them again. It's why he didn't use the time stop move twice because zeus only used it once. It's why once zeus compressed himself, he never used any of the previous copied attacks and only the new compressed punches which were slower than the time stop punch because the god of war could clearly see what was going on in battle.

All his compression punches had no timer on them to indicate they were any faster than the punches he threw one page ago which were showing increasing speed. Why would the author stop doing so one page later if he believes these punches are also faster? We are even given an amount of time that the rest of the fight would last, 5- 6 minutes.

Saitama causes too much damage with his hits and the fact that he Adam was damaged with punches with far less force than saitama can produce doesn't bode well for him. This doesn't even get to the fact that his eye power only lasts for less than 7 minutes in which he'll just die from a combination of being damaged and overheating.

Before anyone brings him not using his eye ability, well, he used it for both fights in the manga and even used it against the snake that attacked him who is far slower and weaker than saitama. It's made pretty clear because of the narrator and the sparkly eyes.

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weebbicboi: moment of silence for Adam our father. The goat human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabii99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam gets one-punched.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If saitama own power can kill him then Adam wins. If not adams eyes break and he loses again

Avatar image for returnofdabeast
ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReturnofdaBEAST

Adam GOD stomps

Yosefscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Adam should be able to copy planet-level stats from scaling with Thor and Zeus. So its a question of attrition. Adam can copy Saitama's attacks, but if Saitama can't be killed by planet-level attacks then Saitama should win.

The thing is, Adam is always faster than his opponent, even if he doesn't have that MFTL punch, his eyes will let Adam counter any attack before it finishes.

Adam already have all tools he need, the main bottleneck is his eyes. 7 min is all he could manage.

jimcrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimcrim: https://youtu.be/U2EHp4BAtig (i wasn't able to find it with eng subtitles so rip. I can post the feats and other stuff tomorrow morning (11pm here) or you can read the manga, i'm going to sleep soon, nighty night)

jimcrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

This guy loses really hard. In his only appearance in the manga, neither he nor his opponent punched as hard as Saitama's regular punches with the thousands of punches they threw.

It's also pretty clear that the "power over time" punch was never used again in the entire fight because the god of war, who couldn't see the punch being used because it was too fast or whatever had no problem seeing every punch afterwards and he made it such a big deal that he could see every other move except that one.

I'm also quite sure he doesn't permanently remember or utilize every attack because he was copying and then using attacks as they happened. It's why he doesn't use those fast punches from the beginning of the fight later on in the fight because zeus didn't use them again. It's why he didn't use the time stop move twice because zeus only used it once. It's why once zeus compressed himself, he never used any of the previous copied attacks and only the new compressed punches which were slower than the time stop punch because the god of war could clearly see what was going on in battle.

All his compression punches had no timer on them to indicate they were any faster than the punches he threw one page ago which were showing increasing speed. Why would the author stop doing so one page later if he believes these punches are also faster? We are even given an amount of time that the rest of the fight would last, 5- 6 minutes.

Saitama causes too much damage with his hits and the fact that he Adam was damaged with punches with far less force than saitama can produce doesn't bode well for him. This doesn't even get to the fact that his eye power only lasts for less than 7 minutes in which he'll just die from a combination of being damaged and overheating.

Before anyone brings him not using his eye ability, well, he used it for both fights in the manga and even used it against the snake that attacked him who is far slower and weaker than saitama. It's made pretty clear because of the narrator and the sparkly eyes.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yosefscion: yeah keep coming up with more useless shit

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama can't tag him in a million years

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReturnofdaBEAST

@jashugan: What's useless about what he said? It's all facts

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast: read his post

"Planet level stats from Zeus and thor". Neither of them showed nothing close to planet level.

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: read the manga

Thor's hammer can shatter earth and still needed protection form Thor's own power until it went into it's final form. And Zeus is the current god of gods, so he should scale to or above Thor AP

Although i agree it isn't entirely concrete, there's still some accuracy there.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast: you are foolish. "Shattering earth" isn't a feat. The ground itself is earth and we see that thor can shatter it, it doesn't mean the entire planet.

Zeus isn't even from the same pantheon as thor. What kinda scaling is there?

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: you are foolish. "Shattering earth" isn't a feat. The ground itself is earth and we see that thor can shatter it, it doesn't mean the entire planet.

No, you are. Where in the statement does it imply that the hammer can only destroy a piece of rock or dirt. That's autistic levels of lowballing right there. If it says earth, then it means the actual earth.

Zeus isn't even from the same pantheon as thor. What kinda scaling is there?

Does he need to be from the same pantheon to scale off of him? No. he doesn't. The whole manga is literally about Gods and humans from different pantheons fighting each other, so where the hell do you get the idea that you can only scale off of someone from the same pantheon as you? Zeus being the god of gods should put him in or above Thor's tier. It's as simple as that.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast: the manga pulls a shit ton of gods from different pantheons. It even has the Christian god in it. He has no combat feats.

Zeus isn't the god of god's, he's just the chief god of the Greek pantheon. Odin the chief god of the norse pantheon also exists.

No. If you haven't taken an English class before, you'd know that earth doesn't always describe the planet itself. We've seen thor fight, he didn't come close to even destroying the planet earth.

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: the manga pulls a shit ton of gods from different pantheons. It even has the Christian god in it. He has no combat feats.

I know. I just said that.

Zeus isn't the god of god's, he's just the chief god of the Greek pantheon. Odin the chief god of the norse pantheon also exists.

Which was my point. Odin being the god of the norse pantheon would mean he's most likely stronger than Thor, and it wouldn't be too far fetched in the slightest to say that the Chiefs scale to each other.

And there is a statement somewhere stating he is the god of gods, IIRC.

No. If you haven't taken an English class before, you'd know that earth doesn't always describe the planet itself. We've seen thor fight, he didn't come close to even destroying the planet earth.

Answer my question. What part of that statement implies he can only destroy a rock or a clump of dirt -_-

There's a thing called context when it comes to statements, and you clearly don't understand this fact.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast: No. Thor was said to be the strongest god of his own pantheon, not odin.

Post said statement, then post a feat backing it.

The fact that he can hit the ground hard enough to destroy it means he can "destroy earth" because the ground it earth. There's a thing called context when it comes to statements, and you clearly don't understand this fact.

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: No. Thor was said to be the strongest god of his own pantheon, not odin.

Zeus has better feats, and has beaten stronger people already though

Post said statement, then post a feat backing it.

I didn't remember correctly

The fact that he can hit the ground hard enough to destroy it means he can "destroy earth" because the ground it earth. There's a thing called context when it comes to statements, and you clearly don't understand this fact.

That's not context, that's just an autistic interpretation you came up with to downplay Thor. If Thor was only capable of shattering the ground, then Lu bu would have one-shot him, and he wouldn't be the strongest norse god.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast:

Zeus has 1 feat of beating Adam, that's it.

yeah, thanks for saying stupid shit.

That's not context, that's just an autistic interpretation you came up with to downplay Thor. If Thor was only capable of shattering the ground, then Lu bu would have one-shot him, and he wouldn't be the strongest norse god.

There is no correlation here. Thor being able to only shatter the ground doesn't mean Lu Bu would one-shot him. Lu Bu still died to regular human beings and he could "split the skies" for hundreds of feet.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama waits till his eyes overheat and one shots. Adam lacks power output to hurt Saitama. If Thor and Lu Bu are truly the strongest physicaly characters RoR is gonna have a hard time against verses like OPM, DB, Toriko or even HST.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e714470be42
deactivated-61e714470be42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saitama

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast:

Zeus has 1 feat of beating Adam, that's it.

Pretty damn good one at that.

yeah, thanks for saying stupid shit.

Not as stupid as "Thor can only destroy some dirt".

There is no correlation here. Thor being able to only shatter the ground doesn't mean Lu Bu would one-shot him. Lu Bu still died to regular human beings and he could "split the skies" for hundreds of feet.

He died because he was bored, not because they could actually kill him. Again, context is needed. He was easily able to overpower an attack that could split the sky, so him being only able to destroy a clump of rocks and dirt is a testament to your ineptitude in understanding the context behind statements.

ChuckApick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

saitama quit easily.

That's just a recent normal punch

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam still stomps

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jashugan

@returnofdabeast: Lu Bu died by being hanged by humans not because he was bored. That is the context you are missing.

Being able to overpower an attack that can split the sky for a kilometer does not even come close to destroying the planet earth or even fighting saitama.

Sticking to a statement that you haven't posted at all means nothing. You are the only one that said thor can only destroy some dirt.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam stomps there is nothing to discuss here

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: Lu Bu died by being hanged by humans not because he was bored. That is the context you are missing.

Because he let them. Context

Being able to overpower an attack that can split the sky for a kilometer does not even come close to destroying the planet earth or even fighting saitama.

Show me where it says it was only for a kilometer. And even that should trump "shattering the ground" as you've so geniusly interpreted the statement. Also, show me where i said that means he could shatter the planet. I brought that up to debunk "ground shattering max" Thor, not to support the statement.

Sticking to a statement that you haven't posted at all means nothing. You are the only one that said thor can only destroy some dirt.

The hell are you talking about here?

And you said the statement meant he can shatter "earth" as in dirt and rocks.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast: you can't let your neck become physically less durable for someone to kill you.

We know for a fact lu bu was hanged to death with a rope by humans. This says a lot about him.

Perhaps you should go back to the original posts of mine you replied to. You supported the idea of "planet level" stats for these characters and said it was "all facts". If you don't believe thor nor adam can shatter the planet, then you're contradicting yourself and we have nothing more to discuss.

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: you can't let your neck become physically less durable for someone to kill you.

Says who? You write the manga?

We know for a fact lu bu was hanged to death with a rope by humans. This says a lot about him.

Again, because he let them.

Perhaps you should go back to the original posts of mine you replied to. You supported the idea of "planet level" stats for these characters and said it was "all facts". If you don't believe thor nor adam can shatter the planet, then you're contradicting yourself and we have nothing more to discuss.

I never said i didn't support that idea fool, i said that specific instance i brought up wasn't for the purpose of supporting the statement. It was for debunking you.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: He can copy Saitama's punches and hit him back even harder

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jashugan

@returnofdabeast: nothing in the manga indicated that lu bu weakened his neck so he could be hanged. He was bored so he didn't fight back.

You didn't debunk shit. Being able to cut some clouds would still allow him to shatter the ground beneath him which is what thor did. Nothing comes close to "planet level"

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberpunkcop: Saitama tanks it and waits till Adam overheats just like Zeus did.

Yosefscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: read his post

"Planet level stats from Zeus and thor". Neither of them showed nothing close to planet level.

Hard feats, wise, yes, RoR characters haven't shown planetbusting feats.

Neither has Saitama actually, but his feats against Boros (and feats from redrawn manga) is above any on-panels feats on RoR, so its moot point anyway.

But if Saitama can get recognized as planetbuster by statements and WoG, then I figure people would have no problem with RoR being the same. *shrugs* Seems I was wrong.

There's one feat of Hermes turning day to night. This implies some kind of celestial body manipulation. It would be understandable for you to doubt wether this is simply illusion or really Hermes rotating the Earth, but if its the latter, then its consistent with other statements of cosmic level Zeus, like witnessing big bang and feat of Zeus being on another planet on Milky Way galaxy, implying some kind of interstellar travel.

LeoTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam stomps.

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ReturnofdaBEAST

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: nothing in the manga indicated that lu bu weakened his neck so he could be hanged. He was bored so he didn't fight back.

That was never my initial claim. YOU were the one making out of context statements to make Lu Bu seem weak, A.K.A, "We know for a fact lu bu was hanged to death with a rope by humans. This says a lot about him.", as if he was captured by them and hung against his will. He let them do it, so this say's absolutely nothing about him or his durability, but that was a nice try though. Even still, asphyxiation wouldn't really put a damper on his actual durability anyways.

You didn't debunk shit. Being able to cut some clouds would still allow him to shatter the ground beneath him which is what thor did. Nothing comes close to "planet level"

Wow, you seem to be in the salty straw-manning mood today XD.

1.) when did i say i debunked you

2.) When did i was the sky piercer was planet level

3.) "you are foolish. "Shattering earth" isn't a feat. The ground itself is earth and we see that thor can shatter it, it doesn't mean the entire planet." Yeah, well they "shattered some earth" when Lu bu and Thor casually clashed. That clearly can't be what that statement meant, considering Mjolnir is the strongest divine weapon and was known for it's destructive power. Any body in that manga can "shatter earth" with the definition you gave it.

4.) he would need to overcome the energy from Lu bu's swing, and then some to shatter the ground, and even then, that doesn't suddenly make the statement mean "he can shatter some dirt and rocks" lol. If it was only capable of doing that, then why mention it? They brought up the earth shattering statement as a testament to the Mjolnir's power, and show why Thor is the strongest of the Norse gods. In a manga about gods who move faster than time itself, have cosmic battles on other planets, witness the big bang, turn day to night, split the sky with pure air pressure, and destroy the planet on a whim, why the hell would shattering the ground or a big rock or clump of dirt (earth as you've put it) be impressive enough to prove Thor's the strongest, or to even be mentioned at all? It's clear they meant the actual planet earth itself. It's literally the strongest divine weapon.

That is the context i was hoping you'd pick up on. Now i know they haven't done any planet busting yet, but based on the rest of the lore and statements we've been given, it shouldn't be hard to believe they can be planet level. Especially since we're given a statement about it.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yosefscion: Saitama is recognized as a planet buster because given his existing feats, if he punched the ground a few times he would bust the planet.

Turning day to night is some magical mumbo jumbo. Not combat applicable.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast: it's impossible to move faster than time. Think about it for a second. Cronos/Zeus/Adam just use some special magical technique.

Having a battle on a different planet means nothing. They somehow fought on another planet, they didn't destroy it that much is clear. We don't know if they teleported there so who cares?

Witnessing or being there when the big bang happened. Again, who cares? Did they cause the big bang? Can they destroy universes? No. So it doesn't matter combat wise.

Everything isn't lore, you can't just claim it is.

All that shit isn't context, it's you typing a whole bunch of fluff unrelated to the battle at hand.

Gods with magical powers. Turning night to day can easily be accomplished though their magic just like Hermes using his magic to shapeshift a cup.

Hanging someone has to do with tightening a rope around their neck. Obviously a force is applied to their neck, if a rope can do that to thor then his durability doesn't approach "planet level" and isn't especially high in the context of saitama who is in this battle. To give another example, wrapping a rope around saitama's neck wouldn't even come close to crushing his wind pipe.

"Character makes hyperbolic statements filled with metaphors while their feats are minuscule in comparison". Yea no shit, this happens in shitty manga all the time.

ReturnofdaBEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan said:

@returnofdabeast: it's impossible to move faster than time. Think about it for a second. Cronos/Zeus/Adam just use some special magical technique.

Not in fiction it is, it's done all the time. Also, show me what that magical ability they used was, and where it's implied that they used it.

Having a battle on a different planet means nothing. They somehow fought on another planet, they didn't destroy it that much is clear. We don't know if they teleported there so who cares?

I guess.

Witnessing or being there when the big bang happened. Again, who cares? Did they cause the big bang? Can they destroy universes? No. So it doesn't matter combat wise.

If they were there before the big bang, not only were they in existence before the universe did, but they survived the explosion.

Everything isn't lore, you can't just claim it is.

I never said everything was lore, quit straw-manning me

All that shit isn't context, it's you typing a whole bunch of fluff unrelated to the battle at hand.

It is context. That "fluff" puts into perspective the level that these gods operate on, and for Thor to be the strongest with the strongest weapon known for it's destructive power, shattering the planet earth, and not just some random ground, makes much much more sense

Gods with magical powers. Turning night to day can easily be accomplished though their magic just like Hermes using his magic to shapeshift a cup.

Shape shifting, and possibly rotating the earth/celestial body manip, are entirely different things. Ones on a completely different scale (planetary scale)

Hanging someone has to do with tightening a rope around their neck. Obviously a force is applied to their neck, if a rope can do that to thor then his durability doesn't approach "planet level" and isn't especially high in the context of saitama who is in this battle. To give another example, wrapping a rope around saitama's neck wouldn't even come close to crushing his wind pipe.

1.) It was Lu bu, not Thor, so idk how you're trying to use an "anti-feat" (quotations because it really isn't) for durability from another character to debunk a statement about Thor's AP. That makes absolutely no sense at all.

2.) Nothing to do with piercing, blunt force, or energy durability,

"Character makes hyperbolic statements filled with metaphors while their feats are minuscule in comparison". Yea no shit, this happens in shitty manga all the time.

Prove they're hyperbolic and show me the metaphors. They've all done these things, except for the planet busting and big bang, on panel, and even those have credibility to them.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@returnofdabeast: Zeus said it was a technique he took from his father. It isn't raw speed.

How did you assume they were there before "existence"? You do know zeus could've easily been born when the big bang happened and saw it? It doesn't change his dialogue.

No one said you said everything was lore. Quit being dumb.

The fights give us the level the gods operate on not your stupid interpretation or bullshit like fighting on other planets. No planet earth was shattered when thor let out the full power of mjolnir against lu bu.

When you're a god with magical powers you don't need to rotate the earth to change it from day to night. The latter was never shown, stated nor implied.

Lol you say they've done this shit yet at the same time admit that didn't do it. How did thor bust earth and it still exists?

That should've easily shown you how hyperbolic they are. When thor actually went all out and used mjolnir to its full power, the stadium he fought in didn't even get demolished. So much for planet busting.

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Everything you're saying makes sense. BUT it was also stated Thor beat the Earth Sized snake from Norse legends. Of course we didn't see it, but that's somewhat of a supporting feat of his destructive power. Doubt he is meant to be planetary though. All we can say for sure is he is well above Lu bu sky cutting and into maybe mountain busting range.