Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's high mid-tier, but has very little versatility. She certainly gets more powerful in Binary form, but still low powerhouse at best.

Is Captain Marvel really this weak?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops at 4.

Avatar image for spartanplatinum
spartanplatinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at invisible woman

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eri_Joni

Stops at 4

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma should be a lot higher

Stops at Psylocke

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Stops at 4

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of curiosity.. could Carol technically absorb Susan's shields? Y'know .. with them being made of energy and everything

Avatar image for deactivated-5daccae6547be
deactivated-5daccae6547be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betsy downs her. Stops at 4.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Captain Marvel really this weak?

Was just a matter of time until people came in thinking she was as strong compared to the rest of the Marvel characters as they made her in End game :P

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 due to telepathy. She has no real resistance feats. In a pure physical contest she'd at least make it up to Starfire though

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Noone1996

Might stop at 4. Definitely stops at 6.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The list is out of order

OT She stops at 4 due to morals of hax

teganstone7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rac95 said:

Stops at 4 due to telepathy. She has no real resistance feats. In a pure physical contest she'd at least make it up to Starfire though

This.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 since i don't know if Carol has any good feats against TP

If she's adept to speedblitz tho she could stop at 8-9

gmorto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By gmorto

Eh, if she speedblitz she could beat Betsy and Emma. But I'm not sure how Carol tp defenses are definitely stops at Sue if Betsy or Emma can tp her before Carol speedblitzes them.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

List is quite bad: Cheetah and co are way too high

Stops due to TP

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 Betsy can beat her with telepathy or without

ecstaticgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She’s not losing to Psylocke outside TP. Carol is regarded higher even at base

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Carol have any significant TP resistance to at least speedblitz some of these telepaths ? If she has i could see her going higher

ecstaticgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuuki157 said:
@ecstaticgrace said:

Does Carol have any significant TP resistance to at least speedblitz some of these telepaths ? If she has i could see her going higher

I agree she gets dropped by TP my comment was stating she isn’t losing to Psylocke without it…

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuuki157 said:
@ecstaticgrace said:

I agree she gets dropped by TP my comment was stating she isn’t losing to Psylocke without it…

Even without telepathy she gets haxed. Are you forgetting she's a telekinetic as well who can create a bubble in Carol'brain or one shot her with her teke weapons which can disrupt brain patterns and nervous systems. Also I doubt Carol can absorb them since it's been specifically stated to not have a energy field to absorb or the fact that Carol has never absorbed telekinetic energy. You're also forgetting current Betsy has access to her Captain Britain stats which should be enough to not get oneshotted by anything Carol can do

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace said:
@yuuki157 said:
@ecstaticgrace said:

Even without telepathy she gets haxed. Are you forgetting she's a telekinetic as well who can create a bubble in Carol'brain or one shot her with her teke weapons which can disrupt brain patterns and nervous systems. Also I doubt Carol can absorb them since it's been specifically stated to not have a energy field to absorb or the fact that Carol has never absorbed telekinetic energy. You're also forgetting current Betsy has access to her Captain Britain stats which should be enough to not get oneshotted by anything Carol can do

Betsy's run as Captain Britain hasn't been stellar so far. She still wins but I was really disappointed in Betsy's showings so far after taking on the role.

I have a question here, though. Carol has absorbed kinetic energy so I'm curious about thoughts on differentiating kinentic and telekinetic here. I think she should be able to absorb telekinetic energy based on that.

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PurplehairedNi1

@ashrym:

Betsy's run as Captain Britain hasn't been stellar so far. She still wins but I was really disappointed in Betsy's showings so far after taking on the role

1) Honestly the run started off slow but she did make some noteworthy feats.

• Physically contenting with Rouge, Furies and Brian Braddock
  • Shielding from the Fury and Merlyn
  • Used her telepathy to contact someone while she's in another universe and also sensed danger from another universe
  • She has affected Furies telepathically which has been historically hard for psychics to do
  • Shrugged off attacks from Morgan and broke someone free of her mind control

So she has done somethings but her books clearly focuses more on developing her as a character rather then having her perform insane feats. IMO development> feats especially for a character like Betsy

I have a question here, though. Carol has absorbed kinetic energy so I'm curious about thoughts on differentiating kinentic and telekinetic here. I think she should be able to absorb telekinetic energy based on that

I am specifically speaking about her psychic weapons which absorbers have not been able to absorb before like Bishop, Shaw ect. Also Carol absorbing Kinetic energy is something new for her and we have yet to see the extent of it.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

I have a question here, though. Carol has absorbed kinetic energy so I'm curious about thoughts on differentiating kinentic and telekinetic here. I think she should be able to absorb telekinetic energy based on that.

Another question is ,if absorbing telekinetic energy, if it is possible for her, would still hurt her, like it did with physical hits

ecstaticgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym:

Betsy's run as Captain Britain hasn't been stellar so far. She still wins but I was really disappointed in Betsy's showings so far after taking on the role

1) Honestly the run started off slow but she did make some noteworthy feats.

• Physically contenting with Rouge, Furies and Brian Braddock
  • Shielding from the Fury and Merlyn
  • Used her telepathy to contact someone while she's in another universe and also sensed danger from another universe
  • She has affected Furies telepathically which has been historically hard for psychics to do
  • Shrugged off attacks from Morgan and broke someone free of her mind control

So she has done somethings but her books clearly focuses more on developing her as a character rather then having her perform insane feats. IMO development> feats especially for a character like Betsy

I have a question here, though. Carol has absorbed kinetic energy so I'm curious about thoughts on differentiating kinentic and telekinetic here. I think she should be able to absorb telekinetic energy based on that

I am specifically speaking about her psychic weapons which absorbers have not been able to absorb before like Bishop, Shaw ect. Also Carol absorbing Kinetic energy is something new for her and we have yet to see the extent of it.

What kind of excuse is this…

Id argue Savage She Hulk thunder clapping should suffice to suggest she could absorb Betsy’s TK attacks. All TK is, is kinetic force of the mind.

Though id admit Betsy has more ways then I previously thought to win a fight against Carol. Carol would heal from it all more then likely though given she’s an energy being. Her power output is greater and she’s faster.

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PurplehairedNi1

@ecstaticgrace:

What kind of excuse is this…

It's a perfectly valid excuse since we have only seen Carol absorb kinetic energy a hand full of times and even after those instances it wasn't made clear or hinted at to her doing it consistently tbh. Look at her fights with Savage She Hulk, Black order, Thor ect.

Id argue Savage She Hulk thunder clapping should suffice to suggest she could absorb Betsy’s TK attacks. All TK is, is kinetic force of the mind

No doubt Carol can absorb the kinetic aspect of teke but can she absorb the energy form that can be used to restrain or caused Havok around her. Also I am referring to her psychic weapons in particular which can disrupt your brain or leave your nervous system in a total spasm.

Though id admit Betsy has more ways then I previously thought to win a fight against Carol. Carol would heal from it all more then likely though given she’s an energy being. Her power output is greater and she’s faster.

How would Carol be able to heal against Betsy's psychic weapons when Wolverine himself couldn't.... Also Betsy's shields and her stats should be able to protect her against Carol's energy blasts for awhile. Carol being faster then Betsy is debatable since I have yet to see evidence suggesting otherwise. Also both characters have fought Rogue on a pretty equal grounds so there's no speed advantage here tbh.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops hard at Emma. If Betsy didn't like to fight so much she'd stop at her. Mutant telepaths can solo mad shit and people. Wait is Psylocke Betsy or revenge in French?

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Steve40L

8 or 9, probably 9

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: there are telepaths early on. Are you serious?

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans If you're referring to Psylocke then yeah. I was thinking of a different one and that's my fault.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: it might be Revanche Psylocke. But we good

ecstaticgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ecstaticgrace

@purplehairedni1:

It's a perfectly valid excuse since we have only seen Carol absorb kinetic energy a hand full of times and even after those instances it wasn't made clear or hinted at to her doing it consistently tbh. Look at her fights with Savage She Hulk, Black order, Thor ect.

She was stated to be absorbing energy throughout her fight with Thor. Forum rules are characters fight to the best of their abilities so that’s scratched off regardless anyways. The Black Order struggled to even hit her. If I’m remembering correctly the only thing that connected was Black Swan’s eye beams if we’re talking about the Star comic

No doubt Carol can absorb the kinetic aspect of teke but can she absorb the energy form that can be used to restrain or caused Havok around her. Also I am referring to her psychic weapons in particular which can disrupt your brain or leave your nervous system in a total spasm.

I can agree if Psylocke does some internal attacks she could win that way. But I’m not seeing how she’s restraining Carol. Who can harm characters like Red Harpy with her energy blast and has the ability to disperse energy throughout her whole body.

How would Carol be able to heal against Betsy's psychic weapons when Wolverine himself couldn't.... Also Betsy's shields and her stats should be able to protect her against Carol's energy blasts for awhile. Carol being faster then Betsy is debatable since I have yet to see evidence suggesting otherwise. Also both characters have fought Rogue on a pretty equal grounds so there's no speed advantage here tbh.

Carol’s an energy being. I’m not seeing why an equivalence is being made between her and Wolverine just because they both have healing factors when the function completely differently. Your speed point is terrible. And the comparison between fighting Rogue is as well.

1.) Carol every time she’s fought Rogue wasnt in the best physical condition and involves Rogue draining her. difference one.

2.) Rogue typically is a brick when fighting Carol with energy draining

3.) The speed point is weird when you consider the fights are happening ignoring super speed all together.. it’s the equivalent of someone saying Batman has fought Wonder Woman and didn’t get blitzed so she can’t blitz Batman… Carol has better speed showings and given best of abilities are forum rules I don’t see why she wouldn’t blitz

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PurplehairedNi1

@ecstaticgrace:

She was stated to be absorbing energy throughout her fight with Thor. Forum rules are characters fight to the best of their abilities so that’s scratched off regardless anyways. The Black Order struggled to even hit her. If I’m remembering correctly the only thing that connected was Black Swan’s eye beams if we’re talking about the Star comic

My point is if Carol's kinetic absorption is as powerful as you claim why doesn't she effectively just win every fight against a brick because theoretically she should be getting stronger after each punch from those characters yes. But we have seen the opposite happen for example in her fights against Savage She Hulk, Namora, Black Swan (The more recent instance) and multiple characters. It's only highlighted under one specific writer and even during those instances her absorbing Kinetic energy didn't instantly power her up. Also Betsy is not really the type of telekinetic to be ragdolling her opponents or even throwing stuff at them. She merely focuses on her psychic weapons and shielding herself.

I can agree if Psylocke does some internal attacks she could win that way. But I’m not seeing how she’s restraining Carol. Who can harm characters like Red Harpy with her energy blast and has the ability to disperse energy throughout her whole body.

Betsy has been able to restrain an opponent stronger than Colossus someone who has restrained an enraged Binary. Also these are the types of attacks a bloodlusted Betsy will employ against Carol. Carol dispersing energy out her body can be effectively countered by Betsy's shields (Which has tanked attacks from Jinn, Magneto, Merlyn, Furies, Thunderbird ect) or just simply disrupting the energy with her molecular teke weakening the blasts.

No Caption Provided

Carol’s an energy being. I’m not seeing why an equivalence is being made between her and Wolverine just because they both have healing factors when the function completely differently. Your speed point is terrible. And the comparison between fighting Rogue is as well.

Her being an energy form is something new and we have yet to see the limits or even how it works nonetheless Carol still has a brain right Betsy's psychic weapons can disrupt them effectively rendering Carol Brain dead if she chooses to

The speed point is weird when you consider the fights are happening ignoring super speed all together.. it’s the equivalent of someone saying Batman has fought Wonder Woman and didn’t get blitzed so she can’t blitz Batman… Carol has better speed showings and given best of abilities are forum rules I don’t see why she wouldn’t blitz

Here's the thing Betsy powers operates at a "speed of thought" which has been used throughout marvel to showcase that's psionics in particular has speed feats above any normal human and this is perfectly highlighted in the fact that Betsy has been legitimate able to react to characters with super speed. So comparing any of them to Batman is particularly weird since they opporate at speeds above street levelers

1) Reacts to a blitzing Rogue and puts her under a telepathic affect

2) She's able to kick an AU Quicksilver in mid blitz someone who has tagged the likes of Northstar ( A speedster that has been stated to be close to light speed)

3) She's able to intercept a flying Rachel Grey someone who can telekinetically fly at very high speeds

No Caption Provided

Also she's able to amplify her physical stats (Including speed) to the point where she's able to completely dominate Rogue with a variant of Carol's powers. Currently she's Captain Britain which gives her superhuman capabilities to the point where she's able to equally content with current Rogue and the Original Captain Britain. So Carol's speed should be no issue for her tbh

ecstaticgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ecstaticgrace

@purplehairedni1: Sigh… your really trying to suggest Colossus can restrain Binary.. I know the instance your talking about but she told Piotr to let her go because she didn’t want to hurt him and she was held for a panel… She even punched Rogue towards the moon which is strength a standard Colossus hasn’t replicated.

This site I swear..

The Quicksilver and Rogue with her flying brick powers were good mentions though.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@purplehairedni1: Sigh… your really trying to suggest Colossus can restrain Binary.. I know the instance your talking about but she told Piotr to let her go because she didn’t want to hurt him and she was held for a panel… She even punched Rogue towards the moon which is strength a standard Colossus hasn’t replicated.

This site I swear..

The Quicksilver and Rogue with her flying brick powers were good mentions though.

Colossus is just too strong

PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace:

Sigh… your really trying to suggest Colossus can restrain Binary.. I know the instance your talking about but she told Piotr to let her go because she didn’t want to hurt him and she was held for a panel… She even punched Rogue towards the moon which is strength a standard Colossus hasn’t replicated

1) Colossus has fought against World War Hulk (Although he did get stomped he still performed better then some folks), cracked a amped Juggernaut's helmet which has no sold attacks from groups of X-Men in the same comic, held his hold against Gladiator, Wendigo, Sasquatch and overpowered She Hulk on multiple occasions. I think you're heavily underrating Colossus here

Also I find it rich that you're against using Anti feats (In your context) when I have seen you based you're entire arguements on how powerful a character is by using anti feats.

ecstaticgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ecstaticgrace
@professorrespect said:
@ecstaticgrace said:

This site I swear..

Colossus is just too strong

I know your probably getting entertainment out of this but, to clear it up for other onlookers or future people passing by

Colossus is like a 80 tonner atleast definitely during that time period. I think its a weird showing to flex and parade suggesting it shows a strength disparity when Carol was stating she didn’t want to harm Colossus and she was being held for a panel…

Pretty sure guidebooks at the time had Binary higher in terms of strength as well.

edit: yeah pretty much point confirmed

Colossus strength ranking

Binary’s strength ranking

I think theres a panel where Vox/The Herald had Superboy Prime in a armlock for a panel I wonder if anyone would want to argue Mal is stronger lol

ecstaticgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ecstaticgrace

@purplehairedni1:

1) Colossus has fought against World War Hulk (Although he did get stomped he still performed better then some folks), cracked a amped Juggernaut's helmet which has no sold attacks from groups of X-Men in the same comic, held his hold against Gladiator, Wendigo, Sasquatch and overpowered She Hulk on multiple occasions. I think you're heavily underrating Colossus here

So a bunch of stuff not relevant to the time period he held Binary for a panel? The Collective oneshot murdered Sasquatch and the rest of Alpha Flight casually, and was unable to do the same with Binary in the same story arc. Heck Binary even punched a hole through Xorn/The Collective. Power tier wise Binary is on a whole different tier compared to Piotr.

Also I find it rich that you're against using Anti feats (In your context) when I have seen you based you're entire arguements on how powerful a character is by using anti feats.

Id definitely be entertained to see the context of this lol. Were they actually antifeats or showings you just didnt like? Were they brought up because a prior user was Lowballing so I decided to make a point and do the same? I’m genuinely curious.