Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23781 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman speed comparison

Mrwoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrwoman

Are these stats right?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I don't think they're right. First of all, besides speed, Batman does not deserve to have an intelligence of 100. He's not the smartest being in the universe, for his own reasons. He'd probably be around a high 95-96 in intelligence or something. Back to speed, Batman is supposed to have trained to almost be peaked human. It is assumed for humans to be able to run at most for 40 mph at peak. I'd assume considering this, he would be around a 35 mph speed on foot. Nightwing, and Catwoman should not be as fast, or faster than Batman. Even though Nightwing seems to be more acrobatic that Batman is, it doesn't mean he is faster than Batman. Nightwing hasn't had enough training to be as good as Batman. Batman has probably more reaction speed than Nightwing, and Catwoman too considering his training. Catwoman also seems to be more acrobatic than Batman is, but I believe is still not as fast as he is. Catwoman has had a lot of training, but not as much as Batman, and Catwoman at most with all the training she's done, she would probably be around 21 mph, or less, being that the fastest woman in mph is 21.3 mph. Overall, besides speed on foot, Batman can glide through the air, something that both Nightwing, and Catwoman can't do, and he has a grappling hook gun, which even though Nightwing does have, Catwoman does not. Edit: these stats are from superherodb.com. Edit 2: Batman, and Nightwing's combat shouldn't be 100 too.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're just stats made by fans, it's not official. Generally Dick is supposed to be more agile than Bruce (or Dick just use more often his acrobatics skills than Bruce) but I don't think is faster.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Interesting...i guess that Cassandra Cain should be 200 in speed :P

- Out-runs/out-paces a bullet:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

- Dodges bullets after they ve been fired:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

- even sniper-bullets after they've been fired as well:

No Caption Provided

- By the way, below you have Cass, even when she was just a little kid, half Damian's age:

No Caption Provided

It can be hard to say exactly how fast is a character in the comics, because writters sometimes go over the board with their favourites, but Cass for instances while only peak-human gets ridiculously fast, even low level meta-humans have trouble keeping up with her speed.

Batman is faster than both Nightwing and Catwoman to my knowledge, and has always been...unless they have been amped up in some very recent retcon that im not aware of.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cass is an unofficial metahuman in speed like Bruce is a unofficial metahuman in strength and endurance/stamina. I agree that Dick and Selina aren't faster than Bruce.

jennifer55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is faster than Catwoman, and Nightwing to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman Reaction is faster

Nightwing Agility is better

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick is more agile, always better than Bruce and Slade, basically an unofficially metahuman in that field. Bruce is an acrobat too, but authors are more inclined to portray him in a different way. Where Bruce is really unmatched is strength, striking power and stamina, especially striking power.

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ps4gamerdude

@bat_girl_cc said:

Interesting...i guess that Cassandra Cain should be 200 in speed :P

- Out-runs/out-paces a bullet:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

- Dodges bullets after they ve been fired:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

- even sniper-bullets after they've been fired as well:

No Caption Provided

- By the way, below you have Cass, even when she was just a little kid, half Damian's age:

No Caption Provided

It can be hard to say exactly how fast is a character in the comics, because writters sometimes go over the board with their favourites, but Cass for instances while only peak-human gets ridiculously fast, even low level meta-humans have trouble keeping up with her speed.

Batman is faster than both Nightwing and Catwoman to my knowledge, and has always been...unless they have been amped up in some very recent retcon that im not aware of.

She's peak human. The feats here are accomplished by moving before the trigger is pulled. With a good eye, one can notice the twitch of the finger and pressure applied to the trigger and act accordingly (1-2 sec, at most). As for the last scan, her senses were honed/keen enough to 'sense' danger and act accordingly. Kind of what a ninja would do if when being attacked from behind or close to being hit, whether by physical attack or a projectile of some sort.

@alexander505 said:

Cass is an unofficial metahuman in speed like Bruce is a unofficial metahuman in strength and endurance/stamina. I agree that Dick and Selina aren't faster than Bruce.

They're nearing the realm of metahuman capabilities of at the very least borderline of it. Peak human+. I mean, still, bruce (not sure about Cass) trains despite being at peak level. Peak doesn't mean absolute limit, but going further would be more or more difficult. Now there is always an upper-limit to everything.

@mrwoman, you remarked that "humans to be able to run at most for 40 mph at peak." I would like to do read up on this. Mind if you can give the link to the source info. Cause, I'm find this intriguing.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gracetrack

I have no problem with Dick being slightly more nimble and acrobatic - he is lighter and did grow up as a circus acrobat after all. Bruce should definitely maintain superiority in striking speed and sprinting, though.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alexander505

Bruce is still superior in strength, striking power and stamina, comparable speed and reflexes, just inferior in agility department, although he's a peak human in that field, but Dick is above that level.

I don't think Cassandra is above Bruce and Dick in reflexes, I think they're equal, but, in the first stories, Cassandra showed to be faster than Bruce and Dick, but I don't know if she still faster in the current continuity. Maybe not.

Mrwoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mrwoman

@ps4gamerdude Thanks for the comment, I see now after your comment it is most likely ridiculous for Batman to be able to run 40 mph, let alone keep a good 35. An average of sources predict that humans can run up to 40 mph, which is what i predicted Batman could run at. Batman would probably be dragged down by his costume and belt, which might drag him down to 38-37. Some links https://www.livescience.com/8039-humans-run-40-mph-theory.html, https://www.wired.com/2010/02/40-mph-human/, and https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-01/scientists-investigate-how-break-biological-speed-limits-humans/ are some articles. Ability in Superhero comics are often exaggerated. Like the ability to dodge bullets.Of course Olympic runners probably wouldn't be able to dodge bullets like the characters mentioned.

Mrwoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to add again but I think there is a line between exaggerated human speed, and superhuman. I don't think that batman should be able to outrun, or to out strength (I don't know if that's a word) the Justice League, a group of superhumans. In what he would lack in strength, and ability, he'd have to make up with smarts. They shouldn't, for example be able to do this:

No Caption Provided

Catwoman shouldn't be able to react to the flashes, Some of the most quick beings, I think, in the DC universe. I think that these peak humans like batman would be in between Olympic speed, but way under superhuman speed.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peak human status in DC Comics means above Olympic status and just a bit under the superhuman status.

Note: Peak human status can vary according with a specific fiction universe, for example different manga shows really powerful characters but they're identified in their universe as peak humans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.