Better Movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers or Dune: Part Two?

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better Movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers or Dune: Part Two? (28 votes)

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) 79%
Dune: Part Two (2024) 21%

Two very popular and highly rated second entries.

• 
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going The Two Towers, but this is damn close. I’ve only seen DUNE pt2 once.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ghostodoofus2  Online

Voted Dune just to view results, I actually can't pick.

Monarch_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't get why the Dune movies have that much hype.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zafros13

If you want to know results, but don’t want to vote : Two Towers is at 73%

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@monarch_knight: It’s the most popular Sci-Fi novel series of all time with millions of fans who have kept the series relevant and discussed more then any Sci-Fi series for decades. I think the amount of hype is what would be expected.

Specially since it was a mostly accurate adaptation and still good. That’s something a lot of people never thought would be possible with Dune.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Still voted Two Towers though. Dune 2 doesn’t beat that.

Monarch_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: I should have worded myself better.I get the hype by the Dune fans,personally i haven't read the books so everything i know about Dune is from the movies.They are definitely very well done and the visuals and audio kick ass,i just don't believe that they deserve to be compared with movies like LOTR.

Also the fact that the people in the Dune verse have such advanced technology yet they still fight with knives kicks it down a notch for me.

I am like:but why?

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zafros13

I’ll talk about it in fragments:

Actors

I wouldn’t say it’s the most technically advanced of all time but I think FotR might be the most well casted movie ever made. The Fantasy genre in general has had a lot of great casting. The Sorcerer’s Stone and The Wizard of Oz come to mind.

Atmosphere:

You can’t really feel the atmosphere of Helms Deep because it keeps cutting away. Easy win for Dune P2.

Character stuff and storytelling:

Relating to atmosphere, the character stuff is really strong in Dune because there’s something about the immersion that gives me a very visceral response to the character development. TTT is pretty good too, but maybe the weakest of the trilogy in this. FotR has most of the character development. RotK has an impactful 3rd act, though a lot of weaker points.

Action:

Neither handle it as well as say Avengers: Infinity War. But Dune P2’s duels pretty cool so I’d go with that.

Anyway: I picked Dune Part 2.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the fact that the people in the Dune verse have such advanced technology yet they still fight with knives kicks it down a notch for me.

Such a non issue lol. You've seen the movies but don't know why? Except i'm wrong but im pretty sure this was stated.

Can't use lasers because the shield they would would react to it in a way that would cause a nuclear explosion. Can't use any fast moving projectiles because they stop it, can't use any slow moving projectiles because they'd block it, so cqc was the way.

Monarch_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecoblitz: If that was stated in the first movie then i might not remember it cause i have only seen it once a couple of years go.Though i remember Paul's father getting pierced by a dart despite his shield being up and many battleships had their shields bypassed with bombs.

Avatar image for platinumfanboy1
Platinumfanboy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOTR.

I didn't even read the book (tried to read the book, but i considered it boring so sold it) but the movie was so fantastic it is har to compare anything.