Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men Apocalypse Wars - Civil War II

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Is it just me (maybe it's just me...) but is the X-men Apocalypse story arc not really going anywhere? I hate to say this about X-men-- but this is one of the most boring X-events I've seen in a very long time. It doesn't seem to really have a purpose. Just three separate teams going about Apocalypse's randomness..

On the other side--

The overlapping Civil War II event is full of mutant/Inhuman issues-- Which is a good step up from Apocalypse Wars, but it still feels like a side story within the Civil War event, When it has major potential for it to be incorporated into the main Civil War II story. (It feels like Marvel doesn't want the X-men to get too important in the Marvel universe.)

What are your thoughts on these two X-events right now?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yeah, Apocalypse Wars seems like it was only meant to make a quick buck off of the movie.

I don't really want the X-Men to become to important to the Marvel Universe. I want the missing mutants to come back to X-books and the X-Men to just be in their own corner of the Marvel Universe, like they were in the 80's and 90's.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'd be cool with that. Or to take it a step further split them off into their own separate universe.

As far as Apocalypse Wars... I agree that the thing has been lackluster the only book worth following is Uncanny and that felt like a great follow up the Remender. Civil War feels like a waste to me. I've always felt that the X-men could have had a bigger role in the original Civil War event and that it should have been more about the mutant/superhuman registration act with several Avengers siding with mutants while others were tasked with imprisoning unregistered ones along with unregistered superheroes. For Civil Wars 2, instead of pushing the Inhumane with this new character Ulysses which is sort of ridiculous for carrying an event... I mean there's absolutely no attachment to the character and I already want to just kill him off. Civil War 2 could have been based off of Blindfold using precognition and seeing the future. That would have made more sense and given the X-men and important role as opposed to being a footnote beneath the Inhumans and Avengers boot

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my... Blindfold!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any pics?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@poisonfleur: No actually right. The whole War is actually a waste of time if you really take a step back and look at it.

Marvel just needed to think of a story anything for the X-men

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Definitely feels like it's just spinning its wheels in advance of Death of X. The only story which has been somewhat interesting was the one in Uncanny. Extraordinary has gone nowhere, and the only takeaway I have from All-New X-Men is that all of the pain and suffering Apocalypse has inflicted upon the world over his thousands of years is all Beast's fault.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well here's the thing.

Remember back when Fraction was running Uncanny? Remember Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and Fear Itself?

Well each of those Events (with the exception of Invasion which happened in the middles of a relaunch) had X-men tie in stories that were MAJOR plot moments for the X-men. With Secret Invasion showing the X-men gaining the trust of the city, Dark Reign ending in the move to Utopia, and Fear Itself giving Colossus the powers of the Juggernaut. THAT is the kind of Event Tie-in that Civil War II X-men is. It pushes the X-Men's main plot forward using their current events while still showing them taking part in a (admittedly poorly crafted) Major Event in the Marvel Universe. The only difference being that it takes place in its own series instead of the main X-men line (likely because they can sell an extra comic this way and not worry if it stretches out to long like WILL of Xavier did).

That said Apocalypse Wars is like Fall of the Mutants. 3 seperate X-men stories with a common theme (though this one is more on the nose). The stories don't really impact eachother...but show a big change occurring in the X-men books.(Fall of the Mutants being status quo changes across the board and Apocalypse Wars being the imminent return of Apocalypse to one day take over the world).

Now it's definitely not working as well as it could...the Apocalypse stories would be a lot better if they had a more solid connection (Maybe Tempest or someone looking from outside time and watching How Apocalypse Rises to power by following him in 3 different time periods) and It's seems VERY sloppy for the X-books to have abruptly stopped what they were doing with their T-Mist plots to tell a non Inhuman story...only to have a more important story told outside of the books.

It's just funny because If the Civil War II story was the main crossover written from 2 perspectives ...Lemires run might have actually redeemed itself.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like Apocalypse War was a filler till Death of X.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sad that nothing has really even happened in these X-books and now they're probably headed for a relaunch already. Uncanny X-men also built some hype by introducing a bunch of different factions that would most likely oppose the team, but will that even go anywhere?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.