Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13423 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

ANXM 23 Lettered Preview

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Read the lettered preview of ANXM #23 at ANXM 23 lettered preview

Click on the cover picture to get the preview.

Aaaand I called it earlier. They are gonna retcon Scott/Jean.

The very first page says it all. Jean asks Scott in a dream that she read the note he wrote. Did he really mean it ? Does he really love her ? Why did he not tell her sooner ?

And his answer before being woken up is : "I don't know". So it seems like it's gonna be effectively retconned by Scott himself refusing to be anything more than friends with Jean. Total bullshit just like OMD, but this is Marvel and Bendis.

But Bendis and Marvel themselves said that they are going to make some drastic changes to the timeline and seems like they start here.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85:

I dont think they will retcon jean and scott because there to many things that wont happen like cable or hope. They will eventually figure it out on their own. I cant really see the second page preview but it does look scott does care for jean or he wouldnt freak out like that. :)

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phisigmatau

yeah u can't retcon cable, unless of course sinister gets involved and just forces it idk
    id be a fan of pryor being retconned tho

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Here's the thing, if they're going to use these characters today, they should be using them to tell new stories and that means going in new directions. And if the end is that their minds get wiped and that's it, that's lame. So I hope they conclude the O5 arc by establishing them as an alt-timeline (or the 616 as an alt-timeline, that'd be interesting if inconsequential).

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85:

Oh nvm i saw the second page on chrome. Scott is panic, why is he the only one who seems concern and beast is more interested in space and space travel nerd, lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

Here's the thing, if they're going to use these characters today, they should be using them to tell new stories and that means going in new directions. And if the end is that their minds get wiped and that's it, that's lame. So I hope they conclude the O5 arc by establishing them as an alt-timeline (or the 616 as an alt-timeline, that'd be interesting if inconsequential).

Really??? I want the to be from 616 its more cooler and dangerous

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@avenger85:

I dont think they will retcon jean and scott because there to many things that wont happen like cable or hope. They will eventually figure it out on their own. I cant really see the second page preview but it does look scott does care for jean or he wouldnt freak out like that. :)

Well here's the thing : Bendis mentioned it very clearly on his tumblr that he wants nothing to do with 30+ year old relationships in his X-Books. That is why he will be retconning it. And the very reason the concept of the O5 was created by Marvel's higher-ups was to Retcon the shit out of the X-Franchise and it's effects on the rest of the MU.

Honestly, a lot of things that Scott and Jean did in the MU as a couple could have been done as individuals, or as friends. And it's not like retconning them will be that hard for Marvel. All that one or both of the characters needs to do is just say that they'd rather remain friends only than be a couple. Bam, retcon done. It's that easy lol.

Now as far as Cable, there are easy ways to keep him in the universe. He could be made a simple CLONE of Scott and Jean' DNA gathered by Sinister. Or have a different parent, either mom or dad. And as the fans don't like Hope anymore she could be retconned away. Cyclops and X-23 and Jean and Beast/Angel will be made the main X-Couples from the O5. The whole Dark Phoenix story will be completely retconned and forgotten. Quesada clearly wants NO MARRIAGE in Marvel, so the Scott/Jean wedding will be the first thing to be retconned. And what easier way to legitimise the Logan-Jean relationship in 616 by making the Scott-Jean "never happened". There's money to be made there.

When OMD happened, there was an editorial mandate to create completely new storylines and characters/enemies. That is the very reason the concept of the O5 in future was created. It's called All-New for a friggin reason lol. Sucks for old-school readers like me, but that is what the fans want lol. And fans = more sales. So there's my 2 cents on this.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really can't wait to see what's going to happen to Jean. Poor Jean...came back to life...and now (not too long) she got caught up in a trial.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@cutter said:

I really can't wait to see what's going to happen to Jean. Poor Jean...came back to life...and now (not too long) she got caught up in a trial.

What I find really stupid is that most of the current fanbase thinks that whatever has happened to Jean, it is ALL Scott's fault. Like if she weren't with him, none of this would have happened, al she got from being with him was pain and suffering. Which is why Marvel are gonna retcon it. Giving in to popular demand = Sales

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cutter said:

What I find really stupid is that most of the current fanbase thinks that whatever has happened to Jean, it is ALL Scott's fault. Like if she weren't with him, none of this would have happened, al she got from being with him was pain and suffering. Which is why Marvel are gonna retcon it. Giving in to popular demand = Sales

Seem like it. What I notices about Bendis...is that he seem replaces many of the characters in many different directions. oh Bendis, Bendis, Bendis...what have you done...lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

Yup thats why im angry and scott and emma but even as in a month ago i let go of my angry. I actually like scott in uncanny x-men and the fact that hes not with emma is a bonus. Jean needs to be with a great guy, im not saying wolverine is but someone more "normal" like angel or Star-lord. if someone like emma frost gets to be happy with scott, jean deserves a happy ending to or at least try to have a happy ending.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85:

Did you see the GotG 11 yet? What exactly a Galactic Tribunal?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85:

Also in GotG#11 why was it that it was just mainly about the GotG and the ending ended just like ANXM22 did, lol. GotG is probably slow paced too, just like most of the x-men comics are.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@avenger85 said:

@cutter said:

Yup thats why im angry and scott and emma but even as in a month ago i let go of my angry. I actually like scott in uncanny x-men and the fact that hes not with emma is a bonus. Jean needs to be with a great guy, im not saying wolverine is but someone more "normal" like angel or Star-lord. if someone like emma frost gets to be happy with scott, jean deserves a happy ending to or at least try to have a happy ending.

lol isn't young Scott "normal" ? Sure he has his share of baggage but he is the most mature member on the team and a whole lot more mentally stable than his adult version. He's like a Mini-Captain America lol

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still doubt they will actually retcon Jean/Scott out of existence....but they may find a way to have whatever becomes of the O5 not affect the currently timeline, adult scotts previous relationship with Jean I just don't see them removing. Its such a huge part of his character, and bleeds into other characters such as Logan as well.

imo its either going to end up as things go back to status quo...or somehow the timeline is going to get even more screwed up and whatever changes happen with them will stop affecting the adult characters.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still doubt they will actually retcon Jean/Scott out of existence....but they may find a way to have whatever becomes of the O5 not affect the currently timeline, adult scotts previous relationship with Jean I just don't see them removing. Its such a huge part of his character, and bleeds into other characters such as Logan as well.

imo its either going to end up as things go back to status quo...or somehow the timeline is going to get even more screwed up and whatever changes happen with them will stop affecting the adult characters.

True. Also teen jean and scott needs to get their $%^& together.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RustyRoy

Well I think that's good, Scott and Jean's relationship has always been a mess, Jean herself is time bomb about to go off any minute.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Well I think that's good, Scott and Jean's relationship has always been a mess, Jean herself is time bomb about to go off any minute.

Great more Drama for Bendis, lol. Now that i heard that bendis doesnt want the old 30 year relationships and he wants new ones, maybe bendis will get rid of the jean and scott "romance" but then agan alot of people would be complaining and some would be happy.

@avenger85 Were you the one who told me that bendis was trying to get rid of the old 30 year relationship(or was that someone else) Anyways does that include Emma and Scott's Ten year relationship???

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes he said it on his Tumblr. And yeah he also said he will not continue Scott/Emma.

Remember tough, Young Scott/Young Jean is not a 30 year old thing. Theyre new characters who have just started. But it sucks how she treats him like shit in ANXM.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes he said it on his Tumblr. And yeah he also said he will not continue Scott/Emma.

Remember tough, Young Scott/Young Jean is not a 30 year old thing. Theyre new characters who have just started. But it sucks how she treats him like shit in ANXM.

Well to be fair he treated her like $%*& before she died, so their even, lol. XP

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@hopesummersforthefuture: ugh not that discussion again lol.

She was snogging with Logan while Scott needed psychological help due to Apocalypse. Even then Cyke did not sleep with Emma. I can bet that had Jean stayed alive, she and Scott would have worked out their differences like adults and gotten back together. Couples usually get back together after going through much worse lol

That's all I have to say about the whole Scott/Emma psychic "affair" thing.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes I did. It was good. Separate story that tied in to the end of ANXM 22. Now will continue instead of being separate from there on out.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85:

Have to wait two weeks for ANXM23, then wait another two weeks for GotG12. :'(

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Gamora calling Jean the "Harbinger of Destruction", so she had heard of her???

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see anything in the preview suggesting that they're gonna retcon Scott/Jean. Scott "doesn't know" why he never told Jean about his feelings when he had a chance but he clearly loves her. And as much as I would like to see their relationship over, I'm pretty sure Scott and Jean will end up together.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@mechem_93 said:

I don't see anything in the preview suggesting that they're gonna retcon Scott/Jean. Scott "doesn't know" why he never told Jean about his feelings when he had a chance but he clearly loves her. And as much as I would like to see their relationship over, I'm pretty sure Scott and Jean will end up together.

Check out the latest preview of GOTG 12. That may change your mind. And the interview link in my last post. Jean/Scott will be "friendzoned" LOL. Also, Bendis is very well known for trolling his fans.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mechem_93

@avenger85: Are you talking about that part with Scott and X-23? I don't think that relationship will go anywhere. They will get closer and a love triangle will ensue but he will end up choosing Jean. I hope I'm wrong but Bendis tends to be a little predictable.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechem_93 said:

Check out the latest preview of GOTG 12. That may change your mind. And the interview link in my last post. Jean/Scott will be "friendzoned" LOL. Also, Bendis is very well known for trolling his fans.

Poor Bendis is giving the x-23 and teen scott a shot but it wont work because fans dont like it.

@avenger85: Are you talking about that part with Scott and X-23? I don't think that relationship will go anywhere. They will get closer and a love triangle will ensue but he will end up choosing Jean. I hope I'm wrong but Bendis tends to be a little predictable.

Scott and jean have been through enough, so its obivious Bendis wont break them up permanently. That and it would destroy the time space continuum.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I dont get why there's such a huge need to retcon whats written, why not just tell the stories using different characters who aren't getting shine or have stories untold? For instance, I dont care so much for Quentin Quire, but isnt he a phoenix host or avatar or something? So why not make the Trail about him and have the other students deal with the ramifications of one of their schoolmates and teammates being abducted by aliens. Why try to tear down what's already been established? I dont get that.

What's next? Are we putting Angel on trial for being archangel? What about Iceman for his AOA persona and the death seed he had in Astonshing? Or maybe we have a trail for Hank conducted by SHIELD and ONE and other government agencies for messing with time? How about Cyclops' trial for The Twelve and Dark Pheonix? Where will it end?

Sometimes it feels like Bendis has an idea pop into his head and then he runs to X-offices and tells it and they start production without even thinking about it because, its Bendis. God!! I really dont understand the fascination with this guy.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@mechem_93 said:

Actually even I was thinking he is very predictable. Jean sees Scott and X-23 hugging and gets angry. Scott learns that Jean killed billions as Phoenix and just doesn't love her that much anymore after that. They have a talk, where they decide to remain just friends. LOL it's so simple, that is what Bendis promised in his interviews. "The fans are gonna say 'Whoa. We didn't know you'd go that far."

I hope this does not happen, and I eat crow, but this is Marvel, and since OMD this is what they have been doing. But looking at it from an editorial perspective, the fans these days aren't the same ones that were in the 80s and 90s. So I guess they editors decided to do away with the old pairings for good, get some new hook-ups going for the latest generation of fans lol.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechem_93 said:

Actually even I was thinking he is very predictable. Jean sees Scott and X-23 hugging and gets angry. Scott learns that Jean killed billions as Phoenix and just doesn't love her that much anymore after that. They have a talk, where they decide to remain just friends. LOL it's so simple, that is what Bendis promised in his interviews. "The fans are gonna say 'Whoa. We didn't know you'd go that far."

I hope this does not happen, and I eat crow, but this is Marvel, and since OMD this is what they have been doing lol. But looking at it from an editorial perspective, the fans these days aren't the same ones that were in the 80s and 90s. So I guess they editors decided to do away with the old pairings for good, get some new hook-ups going for the latest generation of fans lol.

Scott and X-23 sleep together, ewww! LOL

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@hopesummersforthefuture: That statement refers to the retcon of the marriage invitation that Jean has with her in some form and yeah, Cyclops and X-23 might sleep together lol. Bendis wanted "healthy" relationships for all characters. I don't think having a younger version of Cyclops shack up with someone with far more baggage than Wolverine is gonna be healthy for him. We may see the "Flatscans need to die" Cyclops a whole lot sooner lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.