Follow

Thing

Character » Thing appears in 8022 issues.

Ben Grimm, better known as the Thing, is the original quintessential tough-guy of the Marvel Universe. But, because of his transformation, he's also the tragic member of the Fantastic Four. Ben was an ace test-pilot until exposure to intense cosmic radiation mutated him into a rock-skinned monster with immense superhuman strength. Ben's exterior is much harder than stone which gives him a rather gruff disposition; but deep down, he has a heart of gold.

So.... who does Ben Job to in Fear Itself?

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Scarbearer

Ok, so I know alot of with love for Ben Grimm are holding out hope that Ben Grimm gets one of what appears to be one of these cool-ass new 'Serpent Hammers' that are going to be picking wielders are part of the 'Fear Itself' story-line.  I think it would be fun to see Ben Grimm go villain for a bit, get a major powerup and then just when his friends need him most have a moment of clarity and be able to be the one that has the 'BIG DAMN HERO!' moment and save the day in the end.

Sadly, if you've followed the ever lovin' blue eyed thing in recent years you've probably learned (like me) hope in such things is rarely rewarded.  I'll be happy if I'm surprised, but personally I'm predicting that Ben fills his usually role of a recent years and gets f'd up by a new 'hammer wielder' to quickly establish them as a credible threat.  So who do you think it's going to be and why?

I'm guessing it'll be Bucky.  Which Is just a knee jerk gut reaction.  What do you guys think? Do you think Marvel has Ben do the JOB to establish one of the villain's of the series? And if so who do you think it'll be?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think Ben will be the one dishing out pain. He'll look extra cool and badass when he doesn't. Plus screaming out For JooooOOooOOohhhny! When he he does. Its Classic Rock with a Heavy Metal twist! Will be bittersweet seeing Benji go villain for a while, understandable but yeah... people with big hearts, you get them pushed beyond their threshold and... its not just Clobberin time, its ^%$*^& ^$^%& face break &%^$*&^ clobber$^(&^ing time. 0_0

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scarbearer
    @SC:  I really hope a story of that magnitude is in store for Bashful Benji... I really really do.. but I've been hurt before.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @scarbearer:  If your really keen, and i won't say who they are, but if your really keen to find out who the worthy are, there are some spoilers about on the interwebz. Showing the designs of the chosen. Marko Djurdjevic and Stuart Immonen designed them. Of course thats just visuals. Won't let us know about the story, but still, fingers crossed, and yah, I can't understand, being a Benji fan must be hard. 
    Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scarbearer

*sigh*

Well It didn't happen the way I necessarily thought it would but apparently Ben's role in Fear Itself was to 'do the Job' just like I thought it would be.

Bah, freakin' humbug.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.