Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

White Lantern Kyle Rayner being part of the Justice League

Should Kyle Rayner be part of the Justice League? I asked this because he could be a big asset to the team since he's a White Lantern now.

Then again that's my opinion.

Tell me what you think?

Yeah

@jeremy1989 I totally agree. As a white lantern, he can still create inanimate constructs of whatever he wants to build like any other lantern but he also has the ability to teleport, mind control, heal people, restore environments, build his own army and a lot more. He can basically do anything. Unfortunately, I don't think he would be brought back to the Justice League for two reasons. First, he doesn't bring that much diversity to the team. Let's be honest here, while he is half-hispanic, Kyle doesn't seem to add as much diversity as John Stewart, Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz, which is probably one of the reasons why he wasn't in the JL TV shows in the first place. Secondly, he might be too OP for the other League members. With Superman on the team, DC wouldn't want to outshine/overpower their most "powerful/popular" character with a white lantern who may be more powerful and/or add more to the team than the man of steel. While I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see Kyle on the series and get more attention from DC, I just think he'd probably never get that chance for those reasons. What if he was in a different team though? Something like the Titans or the Outsiders (if they ever get a series again)? Would that be cool, lame, meh or just unfair?

Too powerful

Nah, I'm good. Already got two Lanterns.

Kyle should be on the JLA, definitely. The two rookies are in GLS, while Hal John and Guy are in GLC. DC claims they're saving Kyle for something top secret but honestly just give him to the JLA, hell even the Titans since he has a lot of history with Wally and Donna and Roy.

Kyle should be on a revived JSA with Jade

He seems a bit op for that currently.

So is Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman. I think they can manage adding him to the JL.

@avenging_x_bolt said:

So is Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman. I think they can manage adding him to the JL.

i wouldn't compare any of them to the freaking master of the emotional spectrum.

@jeremy1989 said:
    @avenging_x_bolt said:

i wouldn't compare any of them to the freaking master of the emotional spectrum.

The dude can rewrite reality. That's another level.

@jeremy1989: Fuck yeah! Kyle should be a part of the Justice League. As a White Lantern he's much stronger than Superman

Just scrap the WL Kyle business.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.

Loading More Images