Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1743 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Different ways Superboy (Kon) can use his telekinesis?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I know that in new 52 universe his telekinesis is highly advanced, and he can do numerous different feats with it. = You know, lifting Kryptonian cities, throwing thing, stopping bullet, pla pla... shooting TK-blasts. I also know that one of his genetic donor (Jon) was able to turn himself invisible and create TK-shield. Is Kon able to do the same? I don't now mean theoretically, but is he actually already done it?

Ps. if there is anything else what Kon has done with his TK I would appreciate if you would mention it. (Issue would be also nice)

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good call coming over here and asking Kon related questions instead of the superman board.

KON has made TK shields for sure,he hasn't gone invisible yet like jon did,but he should have learned it when jon DL it into his head.

His TTK Is high level TK,but with his tactile sensory ability to it,where he can scan objects in 3d,so it's way better imo than Supermans 2d super senses.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, sorry about that. :s I needed fast answer and I though that sending this here wouldn't do it.

Ok, thanks. :)

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: yeah there are a ton more ppl over on the superman forum for sure.i check this one pretty much everyday,so I'm usually available.

Kon is my favorite character,so I'm always willing to talk about him lol.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, mine too. Do you think that Kon will develop some kind of relationship to Lois? I mean she is now basically his mom.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta: "IF" DC is going to keep kon as Jon's clone then yeah I hope so,but there is always the slight chance they will make it so down the road we find out it was one big ruse,and he is lexs clone creation.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Jon is not one of his genetic donors. The third strand is still a mistery.

And yes he has shown other uses for his TK. He can enhance his senses using his TK. Like he did when he broke into that prison on the earlier stories and just by touching the wall he was able to get a 3D image on his mind of the entire structure and everyone in it.

At one time he was shown able to acelerate to incredible speeds in the space between seconds, almost like the Flash, holding a girl in his arms and she didn't suffer from any inertia effects, she just got scared seeing everything going by her so fast.

Yes. Kon should be able to do almost everything Jon was capable of (minus the kryptonian things), seeing that like himself stated, when he fought Jon, through his TK he was able to learn everything that Jon knew about the use of TK. That includes invisibility. Remember when he went back in time to make sure Kara and Argo City were able to leave Krypton. Just by touching Kara, he erased all memories she had of meeting him and him saving her from the Eradicator.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Jon is not one of his genetic donors. The third strand is still a mistery.

And yes he has shown other uses for his TK. He can enhance his senses using his TK. Like he did when he broke into that prison on the earlier stories and just by touching the wall he was able to get a 3D image on his mind of the entire structure and everyone in it.

At one time he was shown able to acelerate to incredible speeds in the space between seconds, almost like the Flash, holding a girl in his arms and she didn't suffer from any inertia effects, she just got scared seeing everything going by her so fast.

Yes. Kon should be able to do almost everything Jon was capable of (minus the kryptonian things), seeing that like himself stated, when he fought Jon, through his TK he was able to learn everything that Jon knew about the use of TK. That includes invisibility. Remember when he went back in time to make sure Kara and Argo City were able to leave Krypton. Just by touching Kara, he erased all memories she had of meeting him and him saving her from the Eradicator.

Interesting theories, but I would say that Kon has also some Kryptonian powers like Jon did. Or at least some powers without his psionic powers (Probably some mutations due to his unique DNA?). Healing, strength, durability & self-sustenance.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have already been told that kon is a clone of jon,those human and Kryptonian dna %s are jon,he'll maybe the extra 10 is from jon,seeing as though he is one of a kind.

Jon showed no KRYPTONIAN powers,he once stated he was Supermans kid so he was fast and strong,but that is in the TTK powerset to mimic.

Right now I see his TTK as this,by touch he can get a 3d perfect scan of everything touching what he is touching,and anything else not by touch is all vibrations.i think as he gets older and gets more powerful and skilled with his TTK that he should be able to manipulate energy wavelengths for mimicked hearing and sight abilities.

TK hyper acceleration is TK,and a great way to give kon superspeed without it actually being superspeed.

Invisibility should be easy to him,cause he is just being light,and getting inside someone's head should be more advanced but just like scanning anything else by touch.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glarinetta:

Actually nothing I said was a theory.

It has already been shown that Harvest obtained dna samples from both Superman and Lois to create a duplicate of Jon.

And when Kon was on Krypton he at first was worried about his powers weakening but he soon realized fighting the Eradicator that his powers were not weakening and has such he deduced that unlike kryptonians his powers were not linked to the sun.

Sure it might have been a wrong conclusion, maybe because of his human dna he can process energy from all types of stars. Or maybe because of that unknown dna his powers are not entirely dependent of the sun.

I hope sooner than later DC explains exactly whats going on.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177:

If he was simply a clone then why was it shown exactly when Harvest obtained the dna sample from Superman?! If he was simply a clone from Jon then Harvest wouldn't need to obtain samples from both Kal and Lois, but again has I stated before, it was shown that Harvest didn't simply use Jon dna, in fact if anything DC writers shown that Harvest didn't use Jon dna because he a) didn't need to b) it wouldn't solve the problem in question.

Jon did stated that he was more powerful than Kon because he unlike Kon had some kryptonian powers and Kon had none. In fact he stated that two times already. When he was fighting Kon and later when he was in the future with the Teen Titans.

And he might have been right. I've seen most readers going with the theory that extra dna strand is from Jon, but truth be said it would make little to no sense genetically speaking to be so.

If (and we know that it was) Harvest intent was to cure Jon of his genetic breakdown, logic and common sense by any geneticist would be to add a third dna strand that could stabilize the other two. I've studied genetics and I know some things about the subject, and all sense in the case of genetic breakdown is to either had the right genes replaced through genetic therapy (which is used when you know the exact nature of the problem) or through the add of a third dna strand from a species that's not only compatible but that also has the characteristics needed to solve the problem (this method is usually never used or suggested, because it's too messy and unpredictable).

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: I Agree. Kon said that he is just a clone of Jon (Secret Origins #7), so now people assume that he is? I know that his origin has been little messy, but he isn't just Jon's clone. That's just what he thinks. Harvest was probably only one who actually knew who are Kon's donors.

And about his powers. He is still technically just a baby and unique hybrid of god knows who. We don't also know how his cloning process has affected to him, so he still could develop new powers.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You get around 95% of everything correct.

He is a clone of Jon,Harvest went back in time to get DNA samples from Clark and Lois to add to Jon's DNA to stabilize it.

On and about power levels,Jon told kon he was more powerful than him,then got his ass handed to him right after that from kon.also Jon grabbed the empathic future girl and stated he was supermans son so he was fast and strong enough to kill her,but kon mimics strength and speed with his TTK,nothing Jon said refutes that.

Lobdell has stated numerous times kon is Jon's clone with added Clark and Lois to stabilize his DNA,so he doesn't need a third donor to stabilize his DNA.the third donor could be why he always bounces back during time anomalies,or why he doesn't absorb solar energy like kal or Kara does.heck my quick guesses are brainiac,Martian manhunter,or parasite.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: I Agree. Kon said that he is just a clone of Jon (Secret Origins #7), so now people assume that he is? I know that his origin has been little messy, but he isn't just Jon's clone.

Yeah, I though too that he is, well, technically Jon's clone, but some new DNA samples from Lois, Clark and ... But I just don't see him as a Jon's clone, more like some genetix mix.

Gotta admit, that being Part Brainiac would be awesome. ;)

Avatar image for amontheboneless
    AmonTheBoneless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could kon's TK field protect him from magical attacks?

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkslayer: his future self during the Titans of Tomorrow story could,but very very early on in his original run by kesel he was stabbed by a magical spear.so the answer is MAYBE.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.