Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7782 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

How Does the Hulk Work?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz

Hey all. 
    So this summer I am going to be attempting to catch up with 2 character that I haven't given the attention they deserve which are Hulk and Daredevil. 

Last time I remember the Hulk (ages agoOo!), he and Banner hated each other (I believe nowadays they are attempting to "work together") he was mindless (although I've heard that he has his World-breaker personality intact) and basically his transformations were uncontrollable still. 

Is this still how the Hulk/Banner relationship is shown in comics? Bruce gets upset and transforms into Hulk until he calms down and transforms back? Or is it more like Thor in which Hulk rarely transforms back into Banner? 
    I would hope some changes have been made as the randomness factor is not too appealing..=\. 
    Would appreciate any help on this topic. Thanks all.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

/bump

gunjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By gunjin

same old hulk. transforms back and forth. i think he's stuck as a hammer wielding demigod right now however.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

Hulks currently participating in a crappy story arc right now, but yeah he's basically the same. For a while there he couldn't become hulk at all

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @Kallarkz said:
    Hey all. So this summer I am going to be attempting to catch up with 2 character that I haven't given the attention they deserve which are Hulk and Daredevil.  Last time I remember the Hulk (ages agoOo!), he and Banner hated each other (I believe nowadays they are attempting to "work together") he was mindless (although I've heard that he has his World-breaker personality intact) and basically his transformations were uncontrollable still.  Is this still how the Hulk/Banner relationship is shown in comics? Bruce gets upset and transforms into Hulk until he calms down and transforms back? Or is it more like Thor in which Hulk rarely transforms back into Banner? I would hope some changes have been made as the randomness factor is not too appealing..=\. Would appreciate any help on this topic. Thanks all.

As a character Hulk is in an endless cyclical loop, so you can expect the exact same things from when you last knew about him.

Only differences are that the transformation is now done willingly, whenever Banner has to smash he transforms into Hulk, when there's no need to smash he transforms into Banner.

Most important thing you should know, there are several new hulks now, they all suck, except the classic She-Hulk, but that goes without saying.

Off-Topic: If you're going to get back into Daredevil also, then skip Shadowland, god, what a disaster !
    Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Super_Gui_1

Current Hulk remain his intelligence and is pretty much the same same as world war hulk/green scar persona just not as angry.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kallarkz

Quick question before I get back into these books (giving Green Hulk a last chance) 

Does Banner have any influence whatsoever on the Hulk persona?

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Super_Gui_1

Both persona are strongly linked depending on the emotion of the other.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Super_Gui_1 said:
    Botch persona are strongly linked depending on the emotion of the other.
    ahh i see. 

Thanks for the info

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.