What did you guys think of Amy Adams as Lois Lane?

• 77 results
lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you want her changed? Do you think her and Henry Cavill work good together? I loved her and thought that she captures Lois essence gloriously. Except she should have more of edge. What do you think?

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off topic, I think Amy Adams is gorgeous. On topic, her performance was average.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Squalleon

She gave me that air of the army brat but i didn't see the fearless reporter in her.I will have to see the movie a second time to make sure.....but i was gonna see the movie again anyway :-p

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like her performance, she got the lois attitude, I didn't warm up to her look though(Amy' Gorgeous) as Lois she's not the normal brunette, but I'm sure ill get used to it by the next one.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lilben42

@ultimatesmfan: At first I was skeptical but she sold me.

@squalleon: The second time you see it you will like it even more. I think we didn't see it as much because she didn't have as much development.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I like her. But she lacks character depth and seemed like her they forced her to find Superman's identity without much effort. Her romance with Clark is undeveloped and forced. But she has great potential and I think they will develop her more in the sequel

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good, but not as good as this.

Loading Video...

bornonamonday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind that Lois Lane was in the movie, I just mind that she was played by someone who was too old for the part and didn't have dark hair. For real, she looks like she's in her late 30's and has orange hair. Drop her for an actress who is 28-30 and has dark hair and her character becomes 100% better and takes one of the only down sides of the movie away

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Well I've never really liked Lois Lane, but Amy Adams made her somewhat likable. I also want to see her naked, so that's a plus.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like her. But she lacks character depth and seemed like her they forced her to find Superman's identity without much effort. Her romance with Clark is undeveloped and forced. But she has great potential and I think they will develop her more in the sequel

this

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

She was...okay, not as confident as the Lois I'm used to, but she fit the bill. Though she literally needed saving three times in the film, that's a bit too Damsel in Distress for me.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I didn't really like her performance. She just seemed to sweet and nice with her voice and everything she does, I couldn't take her seriously in either her argument with Perry or her talking to the soldiers. She doesn't seem to have the army brat edge that most Lois Lane portrayals do....but hey, she is gorgeous.

@batmannflash said:

this

In the movie's defense, it wasn't exactly a 'romance'. It's just that she's the only one who knows his secret, and he saved her like what, three times? In that last scene, I guess it could've been the adrenaline that made them kiss. It wasn't a romance yet, that stuff probably comes later, in the sequel.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I liked her a lot. I think she was a great choice.

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I liked her performance, and I look forward to seeing even more aspects of her character as we see her in the Daily Planet environment.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was fine, but i'm used to a tougher, brash Lois like in the animated series.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batmannflash

@rdclip: the Superman TAS Lois Lane is by far my favorite version of Lois (outside of comics).

Just a side note, did anyone else feel that the scene where Jenny Olson almost died and Perry White is helping was kind of pointless? I mean throughout that scene I thought "why should I care for Jenny?" I wasn't feeling it or sensing any sort of tension.

By the way, (I know anything said about the Man of Steel is sensitive matter) I'm not bashing on the movie. I love the movie. One of my favorites.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amy adams is fine as hell ! she did a good job

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmashBrawler

She was fine. I wasn't wowed by her performance but she did her part well.

@batmannflash said:

Just a side note, did anyone else feel that the scene where Jenny Olson almost died and Perry White is helping was kind of pointless? I mean throughout that scene I thought "why should I care for Jenny?" I wasn't feeling it or sensing any sort of tension.

It showed that the Daily Planet's staff (or at least Perry and Lombard) are people of integrity and kind of like a family.

Techwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she didn't have that "bitchy" Lois Lane attitude, she was a little too cliche for me, but not too bad.. but too blonde-ish, just saying that Lois Lane should've been a brunette. It wasn't too bad just not perfect or too good!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: the Superman TAS Lois Lane is by far my favorite version of Lois (outside of comics).

By the way, (I know anything said about the Man of Steel is sensitive matter) I'm not bashing on the movie. I love the movie. One of my favorites.

made me feel when push comes to shove Perry cares for his staff, they all stuck together until the bitter end. if she died I wouldn't have cared but it would make me respect perry

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash said:

this

what romance...no one declared any feelings what so ever. I have seen girls make out with guys for far less, he saved her life. He earned it.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@eternal19 said:

@batmannflash said:

this

what romance...no one declared any feelings what so ever. I have seen girls make out with guys for far less, he saved her life. He earned it.

They implied that they had a romance, in multiple scenes they made it seem like they were in love. I dont see why you guys always need to make up reasons to cover up a movies flaws

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batmannflash said:

I was hoping she died so Jimmy Olsen could come in a sequel. I want to see a modernized version of him.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@eternal19 said:

@batmannflash said:

this

They implied that they had a romance, in multiple scenes they made it seem like they were in love. I dont see why you guys always need to make up reasons to cover up a movies flaws

why because they held hands at one point and she kissed her knight in shining armor. I admit this movie has huge flaws, like pacing. But as far as I am concerned she kissed her knight in shining armor. The fact when he started his job and she had that shocked expression on her face implies she didn't expect that or they haven't even been in contact for a lengthy period. If she knew who he was and they were in love, she probably would have known he was going to be working with her, if we are going by what's implied.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By theTimeStreamer

why is she getting work? in the entertainment business?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

#27  Edited By Durakken

1) I don't know how good she or anyone in MoS really was cuz the script was horribad

2) Clark in MoS is 33... Lois is supposed to be older than clark, generally she is older by a lot

3) Jimmy Olsen was in MoS... I know cuz I just happened to know trivia and pick up on a name. The older balding dude is Jimmy Olsen... because his name is really Bartholomew Jimmy Olsen and the old dude's name was Bart...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:
3) Jimmy Olsen was in MoS... I know cuz I just happened to know trivia and pick up on a name. The older balding dude is Jimmy Olsen... because his name is really Bartholomew Jimmy Olsen and the old dude's name was Bart...

No, the older balding dude was clearly MOS's version of Steve Lombard, an actual character in the comics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is she getting work? in the entertainment business?

Because she is a really good actress

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xblah_blahx

@thetimestreamer: She's been in about 50 movies/tv shows. She had an amazing performance in The Fighter. She's a really good actress.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@durakken said:

No, the older balding dude was clearly MOS's version of Steve Lombard, an actual character in the comics.

Save for the movie called him Bart...

What? They never did.... maybe you misheard when they said "Lombard".

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@durakken said:

Save for the movie called him Bart...

What? They never did.... maybe you misheard when they said "Lombard".

Possibly

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh...

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lilben42
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't like her, they need to recast her and put a new Director and writer team on the sequel.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

1) I don't know how good she or anyone in MoS really was cuz the script was horribad

2) Clark in MoS is 33... Lois is supposed to be older than clark, generally she is older by a lot

• Agreed. The need to hire a new writer.
  • I'd like an older Lois but Amy looks like a older sister.
  • Really? That would be terrible IMO.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I didn't have a problem with her.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Didn't like her, they need to recast her and put a new Director and writer team on the sequel.

I think Zach Snyder should stay

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Meh.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Wet behind the ears. No spunk or presence that Margot Kidder or Teri Hatcher brought to the role.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked her. She was more of help to Superman. Usually Lois adds obstacles to Superman rather than helping him. She was beautiful and had a lot of charisma.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm not a Lois Lane fan and I wasn't really digging having a redhead play the part but I loved Amy in the role. She won me over despite her red hair and despite how tired I am of Lois in the comics and TV shows.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. Not great. Again, a lot of people are having problems with her cause she's not what they're used to.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a Lois Lane fan and I wasn't really digging having a redhead play the part but I loved Amy in the role. She won me over despite her red hair and despite how tired I am of Lois in the comics and TV shows.

Although I prefer her with black hair, Lois did have red hair in various points throughout her history (I think she was a redhead during the Byrne post-crisis era)

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Amy Adams, she's an awesome actress.

She did well with Louis Lane, but ... Fans thought otherwise. She was a fine choice, good performance, but lacked physical looks.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rdclip said:

@powerherc said:

Although I prefer her with black hair, Lois did have red hair in various points throughout her history (I think she was a redhead during the Byrne post-crisis era)

Byrne never made her a redhead. Maybe you're thinking of somebody else?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want more development from her in the next one.