What did you think of Secret Invasion?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What did you think of Secret Invasion? (29 votes)

It was fantastic 3%
It was good 28%
It was okay 28%
It was bad 10%
It was shit 17%
Didn't watch it 14%
 • 
Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first two episodes were good but the show slowly declined in quality. Ep 4 had a few stand-out scenes mainly Fury's conversations with his wife, but other than that it feels like a lot of potential was wasted here.

Avatar image for shadowknight130
ShadowKnight130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ShadowKnight130

6/10

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Slower than I would have liked.. episodes felt short too… everything kinda felt underdeveloped, could have used more Gravik scenes to establish his character because he was well acted and scripted throughout just not enough of him.

I liked the last episode jumping between the big fight and the president stuff.

And the ending with the president sending hit squads after all Skrull and Fury saying he’s killing the good ones too was a great way to end it I think.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 87

@ghostodoofus2: The climax felt completely rushed and wasn't thought through. Both Gravik and Giah become Power Skrulls but Giah manages to kill Gravik by blasting a hole in his abdomen. I guess impaling him with an ice hand through his chest wasn't enough. If I were Giah, I would have incinerated Gravik's corpse if I had actually won that unbelievable fight.

As for the captured individuals, I wonder if they have some miracle cure for them because there is no telling how long they will survive due to radiation exposure Rhodey and Ross included.

Avatar image for shadowknight130
ShadowKnight130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My main problems with the series

1. Nick Fury himself. This is a reoccurring problem that MCU has created with characters such as Black Widow, Hawkeye, the hulk, Dr Strange, and a few other characters. Which is the tell don't show method of character development. We don't see Furys descent into the person he is now on the show. We are just told, and we are told right off the bat and numerous times that he has changed since endgame and this is not the same Fury. Which is annoying, we should be able to see him change and watch how he has. Not just be told "oh yeah we gave Fury alot of new development as character, you don't get to see how/why/when it happens but you get to see the aftermath".

2. Pointless shock value moments/deaths. First example of this would be killing off Maria Hill. Her death really provided little to nothing to add any real value to the show except for black mailing Fury. It didn't seem to affect anyone really. Rather than killing her off, they should have been replaced by a Skrull and been a spy. Next is Talos death really did not feel necessary to the story and they killed him because they didn't know what to do with him or how to push Gi'ah's arc forward so they kill him off. Then everything with Furys wife was just wasted potnetial and did not do anything other than try to brng shock value by saying "Hey Look he has a wife" "Hey Look Shes a skrull".

3. Rhodey. This is still yet to be fully determined how much I will dislike this. I mean it was obvious since he appeared in episode 2 where he does not act at all like himself. Also the reveal happened way to fast that he was one. Then finally it depends on how long he has been a skrull for. It seems it happened during civil war because he is wearing a hospital gown, which is a little more fine and based off what fiege says he has been one for a bit, but if he has been once since after endgame it would ruin the whole point of him being skrull, so judgment is still out until we learn how long.

4. The show missed an opportunity to be an amazing psychological thriller, not even in a horror aspect but as in a paranoia aspect. Anyone can be a skrull, you dont know who is and isnt one. The watcher should be constantly questioning it as should the characters themselves, but aside from a few instances, its always obvious who is and isnt one

5. This is just a small detail, and they try to explain it away with throwaway lazy dialogue, but the Skrulls should be in their natural form way more. I mean Gi'ah was in human form the entire final fight.

6. As a couple other have said small stuff like radiation poisoning for the victims, why the hole in the chest killed Gravik but the ice didn't, not finding a planet

7. Probably my biggest one is how everything somehow felt rushed, while also feeling like nothing was happening at the same time. Rushed storylines included things such as pretty much the whole finale, Introducing Furys wife, then the very next episode revealing shes a skrull, then the episode after that Fury finds out she is a skrull. Introducing Rhodey then the next episode he is in the skrull reveal(even though it was obvious). Which is the problem with a series that is limited to 6 episodes, you have to ger all these main stories told before it ends which does not give you much time. And then it leaves way to many unanswered questions. Yes I am aware this is setting up other future projects, but that is just so cheap and lazy. The end of a show should actually feel resolved, but still have cliff hangers. But we basically learn nothing, they beat Gravik but there is still so much left, so they force people to see the Marvels/ Make people need to watch secret invasion before the Marvels. Its like when a video game series makes a DLC and then the next video game in the series is heavily tied onto the DLC.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It was okay.

Could have been much better. Should have involved a lot more cameos from superheroes but with Fury still being the main focus. Would have loved to see characters from Agents of SHIELD appear.

The episodes felt short and episodes 3-5 were disappointing. Episode 6 was good but rushed. Episodes 1-2 were the most interesting.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looked so cheap. Why did it look so cheap? I heard that it cost 200 million to make?? Where did that money go? James Cameron makes Avatar movies with similar budgets.

CGI looked bad, set pieces looked embarrasing and overall the story was complicated enough for a 5 year old. Really disappointed with this series.

Last fight looked very stupid, spamming the same dumb arm morph power. Why would they use any other power than Captain Marvel anyway if they are just going to attack each other?

Talos died like an idiot, so did Maria Hill.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say it was Pretty Good / Okay. I was hoping more for Gravik as a Villain honestly but the Episodes all was just either Good or Mid. Nothing Special. Also, I am kind of bummed the way that handled the Super Skrulls. Too OP at the end with all those Powers IMO.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 krisbishop  Moderator

Skrull "surprise" reveals were shown too early and easily, and most of the time it's not even a surprise. It had potential to be a psychological spy thriller, but ended up being mostly a generic terrorist plot that ends in a boring fight. Plot was way too dragged out and Talos/Hill deaths seemed meaningless.

Enzvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Enzvi  Online

It was shit.