Thoughts on Suzaku's New Feat (Chapter 101)?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cocacolaman  Moderator

Okay so I'm fairly confused about Suzaku's most recent feat. In it, he tanks a direct attack from Ignia, which blows through the Labyrinth:

However, this brings some questions. In the previous chapter, we see Natsu, who isn't capable of damaging the Labyrinth, inflicting damage on Suzaku. Logically, this means that the Labyrinth is more durable than Suzaku is. But in the new feat, an attack that directly breaks the Labyrinth does not do so to Suzaku, thus placing Suzaku as more durable than the Labyrinth.

So where is the consistency here? Either Suzaku is tougher than the Labyrinth, which contradicts Chapter 100, or the Labyrinth is tougher than Suzaku, which contradicts Chapter 101. The only way this could be argued logically is if Natsu could break the Labyrinth. Examining this panel we see Natsu's Demolition Fist on Suzaku causing what seems to be slight damage to the Labyrinth but only in a couple of areas (most notably the middle of the floor, to me), while Suzaku himself took notable damage. However, Natsu very soon after claims that he thought the walls couldn't get destroyed.

So what gives? What are your thoughts on the feat and its consistency?

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless next chapter Mashima reveals Suzaku got power cliffed in like 2 seconds

I honestly think him tanking is an inconsistency

yamatama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suzaku took surface lvl damage from Natsu’s attack, and this isn’t the first time characters take attacks way above their level. Natsu being a big example against the dragons.

I don’t really see the problem

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natsu might be able to in DF

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey wait a minute does this mean ignia is stronger than Selene

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That elbow seemed to barely damage him, if at all. Doesn’t seem too inconsistent.

LameLiarLeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

That elbow seemed to barely damage him, if at all. Doesn’t seem too inconsistent.

Pretty much this, and he no sells the demolition fist as well. When Ignia says the walls can't be destroyed by a human it might mean something other then strength.

LameLiarLeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey wait a minute does this mean ignia is stronger than Selene

How does this post suggest that may i ask? Also Selene seems to be confident she rivals his power so doubt

KaiThighJu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaiThighJu

Tbh I just consider that the labyrinth can't be destroyed by magic coming out of humans. And I don't really think Suzaku and Natsu got hitted with the full power of the blast since Ignia just wanted to flex by destroying parts of the labyrinth and show the difference in power between him and them.

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't really think it's an inconsistency since he didn't seem too bothered by Natsu's attack anyway

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lameliarleo: suzaku was able to harm and beat Selene. Natsu has seemingly caught up to suzaku but couldn’t even scratch ignia

LameLiarLeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lameliarleo: suzaku was able to harm and beat Selene. Natsu has seemingly caught up to suzaku but couldn’t even scratch ignia

---> Suzaku Shows Relativity to Selene, yes

---> Natsu was only caught up because of skill, He was clearly getting much more damaged then Suzaku was, Suzaku looks like he is actually not bothered at all by his attacks

---> Natsu uses Fire to attack Ignia The Fire Dragon God, even Suzaku points out how dumb it is

---> Selene believes she can go there and fight Ignia in an equal fight