Looks like Call of Duty just got a Universe level character...

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

..."The Shadow Man".

Haven't been following the Zombies storyline since Origins in Black Ops 2.

Looks like things are getting pretty crazy now.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shadow Man vs Goku

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'm done. Just....done.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got?

I'll let you off since you haven't played since origins, but it's had a universal character since origins (in hindsight)

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll play.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Light1150

@amendment50: So what was once a critically acclaimed shooter series for being a grittier, more realistic take on war games, while evolving the fps genre, turns into zombies, 12 year old fuckboys and memes. Wow

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@light1150: turns into zombies? Zombies (by treyarch) has been a thing since 2008 when world at war came out as a spin off game mode (and has gotten a good amount of people invested in it)

It's literally treyarch's baby

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Man, I love Call of Duty zombies! The map looks epic

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COD has the most toxic community I've encountered in a game

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blacksmith_99

He's not the first universe level character in COD. Samantha Maxis is the first universe level character from COD.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: So what was once a critically acclaimed shooter series for being a grittier, more realistic take on war games, while evolving the fps genre, turns into zombies, 12 year old fuckboys and memes. Wow

I'm not sure if that word is allowed.. just letting you know.

And the thing is being around for years, BO2 which is despited as one of the best games of the franchise (not the best but among them) is half because multiplayer and half zombies story and the concept. The first BO which took zombies from its previous game looking to the great success amongst fans has being marked as one of the best zombie stories in gaming industry as the unstoppable theories and sick plot twist in the story. I mean, while I agree part of the community is getting people who are just ridiculous, most of the Treyarch community of zombies is nice and a lot more than what you said.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mike_Fowler
TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COD has the most toxic community I've encountered in a game

The zombie community is cool for the most part

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not the first universal level character in COD, we had Samantha Maxis before.

Is she tho? It's basically about who control the zombies and all and that seemed to be it, and well, Richtofen took over her position as demonic announcer, or as we saw at the end of Origins they're not really anything but childs. Shadowman seems to be real universal.

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: After the origins end, she was released from Agartha and suddenly created that universe where she and Richtofen are friends and her father is alive. She basically created an Universe where everything was the way she wanted it to be. Not only that, but she seems to time travel as well, because after any of the endings on Buried, she realizes that the world is screwed, so she time travels to 1917 (Origins) to fix everything.

But as almost everything on the zombies mode, this is just a theory, a GAME THEORY.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksmith_99: she didn't create that universe

Dr monty did

Seriously? I haven't finished the Gorod Krovi easter egg yet, but I don't recall any moment where this is said.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksmith_99: Yeah well, you got me there, it's been a while since I checked the whole story so I'm kinda rusty in the thing until I recheck everything.

Oh, and..

No Caption Provided

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksmith_99: he says it in the video posted

Yeah, it seems like that he did it. But still, we know very few about Dr. Monty to be fully sure. He is somehow aware of the Apothicons, maybe he is a type of Uatu of the COD universe. Also, because we know very few about him, it makes more sense Samantha creating this universe than him. Maybe, like the Origins timeline Richtofen, he is aware of Samantha's intention in creating this universe, that's why he said what was this universe meant to be. Also, if he really did create this universe, this makes him the first universe level character, not Shadow Man.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler said:

@blacksmith_99: he says it in the video posted

Yeah, it seems like that he did it. But still, we know very few about Dr. Monty to be fully sure. He is somehow aware of the Apothicons, maybe he is a type of Uatu of the COD universe. Also, because we know very few about him, it makes more sense Samantha creating this universe than him. Maybe, like the Origins timeline Richtofen, he is aware of Samantha's intention in creating this universe, that's why he said what was this universe meant to be. Also, if he really did create this universe, this makes him the first universe level character, not Shadow Man.

Hahah, this story line is so confusing, but I love it!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000

WTF is CoD doing with universal characters?? lol

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksmith_99: i don't see how it would make sense for her though for two reasons

1) monty talking about how he had to step in after maxis entered the portal in origins

2) how monty talks about how all the stuff with samantha is ancient history now (implying that at least the stuff that concerned her is no longer relevant)

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

To be fair is difficult to keep the game interesting with realistic portrayal, while the possibility with zombies is endless.

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a while back their was a CoD-verse VS Fallout-verse Battle where everyone was shitting on CoD saying Fallout universe would destroy it. I tried telling people that the Zombies game mode had characters who could destroy the entirety of Fallout with a thought. They all ignored me... I'd love to see the looks on their faces now.