• 80 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6062ae1b61183
deactivated-6062ae1b61183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is Superman Multiversal? (118 votes)

Yes and anyone who says otherwise is a DC hater 14%
Yes he is and he has the feats to back it up 17%
Hell no. It gives me nightmares 42%
He's called Outlierman for a reason 28%

Is this guy multiversal?

Superman Fanart by HeartOfTheSunrise | Superman art, Batman and superman,  Superman comic

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more like moon level

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

Without amps, no obviously.

ProudHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could imagine a person would think he is if they do enough cocaine

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most writers would not even make his usual power-level universal....

Creasion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know about multiversal but Superman Rebirth is stated to be both a mix of Pre-Crisis and Post Crisis(Given how he's fought both and therefore scales to them. This, by proxy, should have him scale to even Superboy prime who caused a multiversal retcon of his own that freed Barry Allen from the speed force)

The thing about characters like Superman and Thor is that they hold back in their fights(Each for different reasons). Superman in particular, when he is retconned, his abilities remain the same, however his outlook on things changes. How he should go about utilising his powers and so forth.

Even his feat where he oneshot the World Forger, while most people would state that he was amped and whatnot, remember, Mr. Mxyptlk stated that Superman could make the trip to the 6th dimension on his own anyways, but prepared a special transportation anyways because the rest of the Justice wouldn't be able to.

Characters like Wally West(Who in particular, contained so much power that he was accidentally mistaken for The Source) claim that fighting Superman is akin to a suicide mission.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch SethTheProgrammer or YFV and you would get him wanked to that level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chasekilleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:
@ob1toe said:

more like moon level

This, even CAS is below star level as proven by Alonis3612, Superboy-Prime is only version worth something

According to Michael, he's the strongest Chad in fiction.

chasekilleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao scat guy is back 😂🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-60c0f858b7326
deactivated-60c0f858b7326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he's I get stomped by Goku level.

junker134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh God Multiversal Superman Gives me nightmares at nightmares at night.

OT: No his not even Multi-Universal let alone Multiversal.

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman > world forger > dragonball franchise

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's about as Multiversal as 99% of the characters who get called that on this site

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not even planetary

JOSHN05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Can I see the scans for Superman destroying infinite dimensions?

OT: On a consistent basis, not even close. Maybe if we use outliers only.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close to Multiversal. But he is above moon level lol. He literally destroyed a planet on panel.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Not even close to Multiversal. But he is above moon level lol. He literally destroyed a planet on panel.

Which instance?

JOSHN05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby said:

Which instance?

He has the Rebirth feat, and he has this. Don't know the context though

No Caption Provided

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby said:

Which instance?

No Caption Provided

I know some people think that this planet was really small, even though that was never stated, but to me it seems like people are just creating headcanon to lowball the feat. Note that I only think current Superman is a planet buster. I don’t really believe that New 52 or Post Crisis is though.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@kanyecosby: Idk if him destroying a planet while next to death is very consistent. I know about the measurements of the planet as well being a bit off by the angles we get from it but that's just conjecture for the most part.

@joshn05: I mean that one was made out of cheese tbf. Idk if you can really say that's a big feat to use.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I think it’s fair to question the consistency of him doing it while weakened, but I don’t think that means that we have to toss out the feat entirely. I don’t think he’s massively above planet level but I think you can say he is a planet buster. Plus, I think Superman has been steadily improving his feats. He actually has a decent amount of good strength feats such as shaking a portion of the phantom zone, punching Mongul into different star systems, and breaking out of chains meant to move stars (I’m not sure if this is canon though).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I think it’s fair to question the consistency of him doing it while weakened, but I don’t think that means that we have to toss out the feat entirely. I don’t think he’s massively above planet level but I think you can say he is a planet buster. Plus, I think Superman has been steadily improving his feats. He actually has a decent amount of good strength feats such as shaking a portion of the phantom zone, punching Mongul into different star systems, and breaking out of chains meant to move stars (I’m not sure if this is canon though).

Saying he's a planetbuster due to one instance when there's multiple writers not having him as one isn't exactly fair. Under Johns Superman stated that there was only one person in the universe capable of planetbusting and he had Ultraman (Superman's near equal) struggle to move the Moon, Bendis outright stated Superman isn't a planetbuster on Instagram and Snyder, who wrote the "planetbusting" instance made him struggle to move a sub-earth sized planet 13 centimeters. The only evidence supporting he is a planetbuster is vague too considering we don't know the size of the planet and it looks more like he cracked a part of the surface. In any case, it isn't enough to support the claim.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: I see what you’re saying but to me it just seems like we are shifting the goal posts for what Superman has to do in order to be a planet buster. For years people said, and probably rightfully so that Superman wasn’t a planet buster because he doesn’t have any feats to prove it, and then when he does get one, people will do whatever they can to downplay it. This version of Superman has only been around for a few years and he already has a planet busting feat. If he stays the same version, and doesn‘t get any other feats close to planet level in the next couple years then I think it would make more sense to question the consistency of it.

A statement from Superman about there being only one planet buster doesn’t mean anything, because Superman also has multiple statements saying that he is a planet buster. I don’t think it’s fair to pick and choose which statements of Superman to use. I don’t think Bendis is the best writer to ask about power levels considering he also had Superman moving in attoseconds, and even I don’t think that’s consistent. Plus Superman has other feats like shaking a portion of the phantom zone and punching Mongul into different star systems. I’d consider at least the phantom zone feat even with lowballing to be close to planet level.

Even though it was sub Earth sized, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it contradicts Superman’s planet busting feat. There are a lot of other factors that could come into play as for how impressive that feat is, which is why I think it’s a little to ambiguous to use for or against Superman in battles forums. How impressive the feat is could depend on the speed at which Superman had to move the planet.
For example, here is a scan of Pre Crisis moving the Earth at light speed.

No Caption Provided

Even though he only moved the Earth a couple feet, the feat is still obviously above planet level since he had to move the Earth at light speed.

Also, I don’t think lifting strength necessarily applies to overall power output. Otherwise, New 52 would be by far the strongest version of modern Superman, when if anything he’s the weakest.

Lol, it literally says on panel that the planet was destroyed. I think you made some good points, but it’s lowballing to say that only a small portion of the surface was destroyed. I also don’t think it’s fair to question the size of the planet, when we never question it for other characters. If it’s not stated I think it’s only fair to assume that the writer intended it to be the size of the Earth. Otherwise, we would have to toss out most of the planet busting feats of other characters like Silver Surfer, WB Hulk, and Thanos, since it never says what the size of the planet is.

WarrenGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilgpmktra: xeno goku bitch slaps world forager and superman. Db hater trash

WarrenGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku slaps

DOGFIGHTER90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is barely above planet level with amps, which he then becomes star level and possibly solar system level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: I'm not feeling like going into a long debate on this especially since this was not the intended thread idea, but I'd say that since arguably the three most "important" Superman writers of the past decade have Superman either below planetbusting or have him struggle with planetary feats. I'd say that that should be ebough to support the case that Superman is not a planetbuster. He might be planetary depending on what definition you use, but unless he hits the planet multiple times in a short time period he isn't going to destroy the Earth.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope no version of Superman is close to being legitimately Galaxy level without ignoring context and using blatant outliers let alone Multiversal

CLARKKENT10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CLARKKENT10
d1vine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clearly above that? remember wen he lifted da book of da infinite pages?

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is multiversal when sun dipped.

He ko'd the world forger

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The level of mental gymnastics some people display in these threads are genuinely embarrassing...

No Superman is not multiversal, he has certainly had some outlier feats, but almost every popular character has, this isn't nothing new and no amount of "he didn't practice the proper Chi flying trap, spinning knee kick" bullshit is gonna make it so.

The guy has more consistently been knocked out by nukes than he has done anything remotely multiversal.

WarrenGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarrenGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Underfire47

@kanyecosby:I see what you’re saying but to me it just seems like we are shifting the goal posts for what Superman has to do in order to be a planet buster. For years people said, and probably rightfully so that Superman wasn’t a planet buster because he doesn’t have any feats to prove it, and then when he does get one, people will do whatever they can to downplay it. This version of Superman has only been around for a few years and he already has a planet busting feat. If he stays the same version, and doesn‘t get any other feats close to planet level in the next couple years then I think it would make more sense to question the consistency of it.

Here is the problem, i can totally relate with you and the rest of Superman fans on the whole "people will always downplay such feats when they happen", after all it's been 10 years and there are still some people that downplay the WBH planet busting feat. But here lies the problem... Rebirth Superman as you are very well aware yourself started off as a meme on this site, he was suppose to be quite powerful more so than new-52 or pre-52 if we go by the logic of them merging, but for almost 2 years he was memed as mid-tier Superman and in fact i know you yourself were aware of this because in one thread a few years back you said he would likely lose to Bleeding Edge Ironman. Now Superman did start to get better feats obviously, but the problem is he still never seemed anywhere close to a planet buster yet and then all of a sudden out of nowhere a Superman completely depleted of any Solar energy, so much so that he literally lost the ability to fly, can suddenly JUMP, not punch, not kick, not bullrush but jump and the force of him pushing off his legs of a planet is enough to bust it. Now excuse my bias but Hulk has far, FAR stronger legs than Clark and not in a million years would i think that he can jump so hard he could bust a planet like Earth or anywhere close to it from the force of the jump and i am talking about Hulk at his peak, not one that's massively weakened.

So there is no way any rational person is gonna accept people telling them Superman while massively weakened busts planets when he jumps, when under the same writer he has struggled with much less while at normal levels. The only way that feat could have worked is if he busted a planet much smaller than even Mercury, because i have no idea how to even begin to understand the feat. There is a video that's been done to calculate Hulks strongest jump and even that would feel like a massive nuke went off if he jumped as hard as he could and he would need to jump so hard he would turn into a shooting star basically, so imagine how much harder a weakened Clark must have jumped for him to shatter a planet beneath him? I know feats sometimes don't make sense and aren't meant to make sense, but this is just nonsense, the feat sticks out like a sore thumb compared to anything else Clark has done in Rebirth.

It doesn't help that right after that Clark never showed anything close to this ever again, not unless we do some silly scaling and nebulous feats like "Clark, Zod and Rogol shook an entire dimension", it's a bit silly. I maintain that Clark could potentially destroy a planet the size of Mars at his best and even this is speculation on my part, but i don't see him jumping and shattering Earth like planet while weakened, even if this feat was intended as such, all we really have is another Grey Hulk busted an asteroid twice as Earth moment which should be regarded as an outlier, unless Clark keeps showing feats like this consistently with no anti-feats to negate it like exhausting everything he has to move a planet the size of Venus 13 meters, which when calculated is a feat that is thousands and thousands of times less potent than busting the planet the size of Earth, not to mention that massive anti-feat under the same writer in Death Metal where a dozen heroes including an amped Superman failed to destroy an Earth like planet even though just before that Superman was literally stating how he wants to destroy it and how as they were hitting it they are stated to be hitting it with everything they got.

In the end there will always be people that want their favorite to have great feats so they will cling to any feat no matter how ridiculous and then there will be people that deny any good feat, common sense should lead us to use consistency and reasonable logic to determine which is which.

This post ended up being WAYYYYYY longer than i intended it to... sorry about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-606c23b8237e2
deactivated-606c23b8237e2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope no version of Superman is close to being legitimately Galaxy level without ignoring context and using blatant outliers let alone Multiversal

Strange Visitor Superman would like to have a word with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c
deactivated-64cb1ea5c275c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Underfire47

@joshn05 said:

@superprimetime: Can I see the scans for Superman destroying infinite dimensions?

OT: On a consistent basis, not even close. Maybe if we use outliers only.

There are no scans of Superman destroying infinite dimensions lol, what the other user is describing were literally just illusions and all Superman did was break out of them, not like destroy entire dimensions with entire universes in them lol, there was also some shenanigans with him being separated from his physical body and being in his spirit form, a lot of what Clark did was also a consequences of the power of love of his and Lois since he was fighting against Neron there who is more or less the Mephisto of DC universe, oh and in that same issue he was getting pushed around by Banshee who had to job intentionally to let Clark win.

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warrenghost: talking about outliers but you DB tards scale the entirety of dragonball off one feat lol