Doctor Strange Movie possible villain revealed

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

So some people are specualting that the villain is either Nightmare or Kaluu. I hope it's Nightmare for one reason. Eternity showed up in the Doctor Strange comic with Nightmare, and seeing as how the comic also featured Clea, who I feel Rachel McAdams will play, we are looking at the possibility of Eternity being featured in the movie. What do you guys think? Do you feel any of the abstracts will make it into the upcoming Doctor Strange film?

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

He doesn't even look like in the slightness like Nightmare and his supposed origin is not even similar, so I don't know where people got this idea from to begin it( Like Mads also being Dormammu). They just want to be these characters because of popularity and quite frankly.....Both are two of the most well know of Strange's villains gallery, so I don't think many people out there knows other options.

They need to learn that Derrickson took most of his ideas from Strange Tales and alike, which has hundreds of villains and thus making Kaluu a far more reasonable option if we think about it( Just like Silver Dagger or Charles Benton too). Anyway, I would like to see the In-Betweener.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Eternity was merely involved in 2 story arcs revolving around Nightmare; there are quite a few where Eternity had no part in it. So just because Nightmare is introduced as the antagonist does not mean we will get to see Eternity.

Especially considering Marvel tends to shy away from the idea of abstracts especially in the big screen as they are quite difficult to swallow. Instead of tying the origin of Infinity Gems to Nemesis as it was done in the comics, they tied it to 6 singularities that were present before the creation of all that is.

That's telling how much trust Marvel has in being able to create a movie depiction of cosmic abstracts. I guess Celestials is as far as we are going to get in that totem pole.

As per villain anyone but Dormammu would do. We've seen Dormammu far too many times and I fear it's going to be Dormammu again in the upcoming movie.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with @laylah on Kaluu being a more reasonable (and perfect) choice for the first moive. It just seems to naturally flow so well into a story that even I could write a screenplay based on the direction they seemingly decided to take it. As they reveled that he's playing a "sorcerer that broke off into his own sect." That alone highly implies Kaluu.

And it'd work well with how it'd affect the dynamic of the characters in the movie, not just Strange but the Ancient One. From what is shown on the sets, Mordo and Strange seem to have a sort of friendship, or are at least working together, where in the comics Mordo was basically a villain from the get-go. But I imagine someone like Kaluu could really open him up to black magic and its influence. If not joining him outright, I could see Mordo near to or at the end breaking off in his own way and thus coming into the service of Dormammu. The concept would bring a great personal theme throughout all the mystical conflicts.

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice!

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The eventual appearance of Eternity was already strongly hinted at in Ant-Man, with Eternity's reflection briefly appearing on Ant-Man's helmet in the quantum-verse just prior to the word "eternity" echoing afterwards and it was confirmed by the director to be Eternity. So Dr. Strange is the most likely film in Marvel's line-up (barring Infinity Wars) for Eternity to show up.

That being said, the possibility of Nightmare being in the film isn't confirmation or evidence of this. Nightmare and Eternity don't have strong connections with each other, they've only happened to appear in some comics a couple of times.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping that the villain would be either Nightmare or Mephisto (Ghost Rider connection) some still believe the villain to be Dormammu. I think the villain is going to be Kaluu or maybe even D`Spayre in the form of a follower, Dormammu is VERY unlikely considering its the first movie and Mordo is playing the ally role, he will turn to the dark side later I believe in the film, at the very end (post-credit scene) and Dormammu will be hinted at, I mean the Dark Dimension was already confirmed by Kevin Feige to be in the film so there`s that. There`s also a chance that what we see in the imagery in regards to the new set photos is in fact a spin on the Mindless Ones.

deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1: Still.....D'Spayre being in the movie would be so cool!

His interaction with Stephen during Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme# 40 is worth of praise:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Such an awesome moment and the guy is only in the B-List of Strange's villains too( Imagine just how epic Dormammu and Nightmare could be).

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laylah: Such a great story, I fully agree but to feel the full weight of what the character would bring he'd practically need to be saved for a sequel. I have always liked D'Spayre because of the interactions, they're so different and personal. Take Master of The Myster Arts 55 To Have Love... And Lost.

No Caption Provided

You never really see Dr Strange like this, his face in those two panels shows so much.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost certain that it will be Dormammu and Mordo.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_red_viper  Moderator

I.

WANT.

SHUMAAAAA!!!!!

deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1: So true.

But thinking about it, Nightmare was actually Strange's first villain and I wouldn't mind happening in the movie. Let's remember that ''The Great Fear'' was an awesome arc( All the Fear-Lords attacking and fighting against Stephen) and thus makes a perfect choice to introduce the mystical side.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baron Mordo