Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 11- Death Wish

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence.

Note- This series is a spin-off from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine and Marvel Genesis: Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 11- Death Wish

Year- 1994 A.D.

Location- Madripoor

After we got into Hightown, the so-called Mr. X explained the details of the mission. I never thought he would do such a thing. It seems to me, he came a long way for this mission, just to get me hooked around and then follow his stupid orders. The mission was that some former Hydra agent named Viper was planning to kill Tyger Tiger, so that she could rule this big city. The purpose of this mission was to kill Viper.

We stayed at some abandoned building. I sat there, fidgeting my adamantium claws as if I had nothing else to do. Before we were about to get on the mission, Mr. X told me that I have to step into the training ground. I didn’t want to perform any training, since I’ve done it a lot of times with my master. However, Mr. X had said that there are some things that I don’t know about him or why he had to do this dangerous mission.

I’ve decided to train with him. I was curious to see if I can hit him. The one time, I met him back at the bar; he prevented me from hitting him. I’ve wondered if he was a psychic like that bald head professor.

Mr. X took both of his swords, ready to fight me in some cellar. To tell you the truth, it smells rotten. I couldn’t stand the smell of it. Then I realized that the mysterious assassin chose this place, so he could see if I can fight him.

Heh! I liked to see what he was made of. Sure, I’ve tried to hit him once, but this time I’ll hit him again. I raised my claws at him, swinging them, so that I can slash his skin into pieces. Mr. X somehow dodged my attacks and hit me on the ground. I fell down hardly, feeling the enormous pain. I let the pain go aside, and got back up. Mr. X jumped over me like an acrobat and hit me on the back again. This time, I didn’t fall. I turned around and tried to slash him. It wasn’t any use. Somehow, Mr. X was reading my moves. I tried a different tactic, which I could hit him. I ran over him, almost slicing his shirt. Mr. X moved back a little, and slashed my skin.

I growled a little with intense pain. Mr. X knows that I can heal like my father and his worst enemy, the Sabretooth. He smiled of the fact that he couldn’t be hit by anyone else. He told me, not even his enemies could hit him.

“How are you doing this?” I asked him. I wanted to know his true abilities, but I often wonder if he ever going to tell me. He smiled again, and swung his swords straight at me. I jumped back in order to avoid getting hit. Then I’ve used my acrobatic skills to jump over him. I landed on the ground with a large thump. Mr. X slashed my back. I almost fell down.

I can feel the sweat on my face. I looked back at him, wearing those shades as if the sunlight was blinding his eyes. He took off his shirt, which made it look like he was also sweating. There were a lot of tattoos on his body.

“Those...tattoos...” I said slowly as I tried to get up. I thought back to the days when my dear friend, Arjuna Qin who made the tattoos for me. Those tattoos were similar in style, the black ink, and the strange shapes that nobody knew what they really mean. People could have called it a fine art, an art with no meaning.

“I see, you have noticed your friend’s work,” Mr. X said. He still smiled. I hate that smile. I want to remove that smile. I want to hit him. I want to him so hard that I should kill him right in an instant.

I pounced on him like a wild animal, trying to release my rage. But Mr. X slashed my skin again. The blood spurted like droplets of fountain water. The ripples of the blood sent me back to those days, when I’ve killed a lot of innocent people in Japan. At that time, I was only a kid. My master told me to embrace my animal nature. He even told me to unleash the animal rage within me, so that I could defeat an unstoppable enemy. At first, I didn’t know what he meant. Now, I realized what he was talking about.

Romulus, the great geneticist has theorized that some mutants have secondary mutations. In my case, I had to become truly a monster. But I’m already a monster. I loved to manipulate people to do my bidding. I like them to hit each other, so I can watch them, smiling and laughing at some stage. I like to tell a kid’s mother, to give me some ice-cream, so I can taste it in my mouth, like stealing a candy from a baby. I even like to cheer with some high-school cheerleaders, thinking that I’m the most handsome devil on Earth.

So, the question is this. How am I to become some dangerous animal in order to beat Mr. X? I have to find a way. But that would mean the end of my true self. There was a saying that I couldn’t revert to my former self. If I had to beat Mr. X right here, and right now, then I have to somehow beat him, before we could continue our mission.

While having second thoughts, I realized that I should allow Mr. X to hit me as many times as he can. The amount of injures, the angrier that I become, and then I become this...this thing whatever it is. If this works, then my master will be right all along.

For this happen, I had to come and try hitting him, making Mr. X think that I wanted to attack him. Since he could read my moves, I have to use my different way of thinking here. So that way, he wouldn’t know what I’ll do next.

I raised my claws, running towards him. Mr. X raised his swords. He slashed my skin, tearing some parts of it. I felt the pain so much that I wanted to beat him badly.

I faked this fight in so many levels, and even tried different tactics to beat Mr. X. I smiled. He had no idea what he was going to face here.

The assassin hit me, slashed me, and then knocked me several times. I felt the anger rushing towards me, feeling the amount of rage that I could take and become a new, wild animal. It took several seconds to subside, and then something hit me like a wave. It was a wave of pain, which I have never felt before. I growled loudly, hoping that no citizens of Madripoor would hear my high-pitched voice. Mr. X stood back as if he felt something was about to take place. My body began to change, the fur on my skin were growing like those of an animal, leaving the adamantium claws intact.

Now is my chance to shine. I will hit Mr. X, no matter what kind of state that I am in. I rushed towards him, hitting him. Mr. X fell back on the floor. He looked surprised that he got hit for the first time. He got up, wielding his swords again. I looked at myself, and saw the transformation was almost complete. But something went wrong. I started to revert back to myself, the same handsome devil.

No! This was my only chance to beat him. I had been taken so many hits, and yet I only hit the assassin once.

I looked upon myself and see that I became normal. What really happened here? I did what I have planned. It didn’t work as I have expected. This was not fair.

Mr. X came up to me. He stood there like he was about to congratulate me for hitting him. He smiled again.

“Let’s start the mission,” he said.

“What?”

“You’ve beaten me, Daken. Now, I know what you’re capable of.”

At that moment, I didn’t say anything else. I felt like a stupid animal. Mr. X had intended this training at the beginning, just to see what I can do. But that’s not what he did. He wanted to know if I can hit him for once.

“I see...How very nice of you...Very nice...Heh! Heh! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!”

Mr. X also laughed with me.

To be continued in Marvel Genesis: Daken, Chapter 12- Poison Ivy.

Well then, Daken has finally beaten Mr. X...kind of. Anyways, Daken and Mr. X are about to start their dangerous mission yet. But first, you would want to hear about the real story of Mr. X and why he’s doing the mission. I like fairy tales as along they are not boring. SNIKT!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited.