Why is there Final Fantasy in my Comicvine!?!?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC

Last time I checked Tifaand the rest of the Final Fantasy gang aren't in any official comic books or manga whatsoever........at least nothing ongoing that lasted for a while and expanded beyond original plot.......unless someone can prove me wrong (and it better be good).....
but if not....
FINAL FANTASY CHARACTERS SHOULD BE REMOVED

you shouldn't make a page for a character that doesn't appear in a single comic/manga am I right?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Final Fantasy has several Mangas...

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DMC

yeah I know....but if these characters appeared in mangas shouldn't their profiles be based more on their manga versions and not all about their video game backgrounds?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
DMC said:
"yeah I know....but if these characters appeared in mangas shouldn't their profiles be based more on their manga versions and not all about their video game backgrounds?"
yea,but that's where everyone knows them from.The Street Fighter character pages are similar.
DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DMC
Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
"yeah I know....but if these characters appeared in mangas shouldn't their profiles be based more on their manga versions and not all about their video game backgrounds?"
yea,but that's where everyone knows them from.The Street Fighter character pages are similar."
sure you can make a refrence to where they're from but the focus should be on their comic counterpart...the sites not called comicvine for nothing....they can find plenty of general info about them at a hundred different sites

same problem with street fighter?....I'm sure that's not all......looks like the staff needs to lay down the rules since people don't know what this site is about...or they just don't care
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
DMC said:
"Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
yea,but that's where everyone knows them from.The Street Fighter character pages are similar."
sure you can make a refrence to where they're from but the focus should be on their comic counterpart...the sites not called comicvine for nothing....they can find plenty of general info about them at a hundred different sites

same problem with street fighter?....I'm sure that's not all......looks like the staff needs to lay down the rules since people don't know what this site is about...or they just don't care"
Maybe you shouldn't care so much...those pages aren't hurting worthless.Nobody comes to comicvine and tried to get FF or Street Fighter info.I agree they shouldn't be here if they don't make much reference to the comics or mangas but at the same time....I don't think it matters.
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I've been arguing about this before, but no one seems to care.
Some of the FF characters appears in the Kingdom Hearts comic, so that's apparently reason to add every Final Fantasy character ever.
Same with Mortal Kombat, there hasn't been any MK comics since the MK4 comic adaptation, but someone added all later characters.

Actually it's much the same with many characters from video games, people just add them for some cheap points.
I doubt there's anything to do about this until mods get the ability to delete stuff.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

This has been a problem in the past.  Other characters from FF were added that weren't in the Kingdom Hearts mangas.  They were removed (along with points).  Yes the focus should be on their comic (or manga) role but at the same time, I suppose some of their history (from the games) would have to be included.  As long as it doesn't go overboard it's not a major problem.  But the rule has always been they must have a comic or manga to be here.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DMC
Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:
"Vance Astro said:
"DMC said:

same problem with street fighter?....I'm sure that's not all......looks like the staff needs to lay down the rules since people don't know what this site is about...or they just don't care"
Maybe you shouldn't care so much...those pages aren't hurting worthless.Nobody comes to comicvine and tried to get FF or Street Fighter info.I agree they shouldn't be here if they don't make much reference to the comics or mangas but at the same time....I don't think it matters."
if you ask me if there's no comic/manga background those pages are worthless and a waste fo space (a small amount)......but as long as people get their points......more power to 'em
DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DMC
G~man said:
"This has been a problem in the past.  Other characters from FF were added that weren't in the Kingdom Hearts mangas.  They were removed (along with points).  Yes the focus should be on their comic (or manga) role but at the same time, I suppose some of their history (from the games) would have to be included.  As long as it doesn't go overboard it's not a major problem.  But the rule has always been they must have a comic or manga to be here."
it should be either a refrence to where the character comes from or a small summary...nothing more
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think most people take pride in their points.  If they're getting "cheap" points, it'll show.  Everyone else will see it too.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By The_Martian
fesak said:
"I've been arguing about this before, but no one seems to care.
Some of the FF characters appears in the Kingdom Hearts comic, so that's apparently reason to add every Final Fantasy character ever.
Same with Mortal Kombat, there hasn't been any MK comics since the MK4 comic adaptation, but someone added all later characters.

Actually it's much the same with many characters from video games, people just add them for some cheap points.
I doubt there's anything to do about this until mods get the ability to delete stuff."
I made this same point with Dragonball Z characters. Several of them never appeared in the manga.
zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Really?

I don't remember Mario having comics.

yet he appears in fights.

You can't just rat out the Final Fantasy because it has no comics you know of

This should be locked.