Who can stalemate Deathstroke in a very Good Fight?

• 64 results
GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoldenStar66

I've been going through the battles that were created between Slade and his opponents and it seems none can stalemate him. It seems to almost always either be a complete stomp or near easy. So, anyone know who can stalemate him in a perfect match?

virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By virgin4life

spiderman :D

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Without prep?  What about Captain America? Wolverine?
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By mark5

Albert Wesker

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

Wesley Gibson (Graphic novel)

GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GoldenStar66
@TheGoldenOne: With and without prep. I read that Wolverine would get stomped and Captain America would lose.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@GoldenStar66: Are you looking for characters that can stalemate him or defeat him?
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By weaponmaster

Mister X could Fight Deathstroke to a stalemate.
GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GoldenStar66
@TheGoldenOne: Mmm, Stalemate him.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@GoldenStar66: Hmmm...Mister X? Let me think about it. I'll post here later.
GoldenStar66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GoldenStar66
@TheGoldenOne: Ok.
Avatar image for matthew_corleone
matthew corleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matthew corleone

It was said that David Cain was capable of matching DeathStroke in hand to hand combat

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis
@The_Tree said:
I'd say Lady Shiva, Ra's al Ghul, or Richard Dragon.
And maybe Cassandra Cain, or Connor Hawke.
They'd all die 
@matthew corleone
said:
It was said that David Cain was capable of matching DeathStroke in hand to hand combat
Crap 
@weaponmaster
said:
Mister X could Fight Deathstroke to a stalemate.
I think X may actually beat him.
darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By darkcloakx

batman or bronze tiger or lady shiva

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis
@The_Tree said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@The_Tree said:
They'd all die
Naaah.
Yaaaaaaa. 
Cassandra would last the longest but she'd fall too.Unless it 's 4 on 1. 
@darkcloakx
said:
batman or bronze tiger or lady shiva
Tiger and Shiva lose.Batman may,MAY sneak out wih a victory depending on the use of gadgets.But i doubt it.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis
@The_Tree said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@The_Tree said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@The_Tree said:
They'd all die
Naaah.
Yaaaaaaa. 
Cassandra would last the longest but she'd fall too.Unless it 's 4 on 1. 

What makes you think Shiva, Ra's, Dragon, or Hawke would lose? If anything I'd see Cass being the weakest of them all.
Cass has body reading,move mimicking and physical stats on her side.The others are just really good fighters,Shiva would do better cause she too has body reading but the others are gonna do much against Slade's intelligence,weapons,stats.Richard Dragon is the first out.He only has maybe 20-25 appearences Post-crisis.12 of which may not even be in canon(from where the bulk of his showings come from).
darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By darktiger

grifter

Saucedo17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Saucedo17

Didn't he got beat by Aquaman and he also didn't really beat Kyle (Green Lantern) Oliver kinda interrupted there match preventing us to see who would be the clear winner.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Batman wearing the suit of sorrows

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WarBlade539

Master Chief in h2h

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jobbernos
No Caption Provided
hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wesley the killer gibson wolverine non jobbing sabretooth deadpool midnighter bloodlusted spidey

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I've always believed David Cain to be a very underrated character. His skills could match Deathstroke's in H2H but if it came down to weapons Slade would have a slight edge. Slade might win but it he wouldn't be able to stomp.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow could put up a draw against Deathstroke.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically?

Batman

Captain America

Wolverine

I pretty sure Cassandra Cain fought him to a standstill in..... Identity Crisis I think? Can't remember.

Taskmaster

Lady Shiva (I think Shiva should be able to beat him in straight hand to hand)

Quite a few people actually.

Of course if your going with stupidly overpowered Deathstroke who apparantly has faster reaction time than the frickin' Flash and possesses the power to make all his opponents fight in ridiculous ways, then yeah, he'd probably beat most people.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine and sabretooth maybe deadpool aswell also daken

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alexander505

Nightwing went in stalemate against Slade, so, I would say Dick, and Batman, Cassandra Cain, Shiva, Wolverine, Cap, Taskmaster, Mr X, Iron Fist, Black Panther.

eternalnature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gar did once

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Without massive amounts of PIS (meaning every single instance Nightwing survived a fight with Deathstroke on his own), I can only see Midnighter from DC standing a chance against DS one on one.

Normal humans like Shiva, Bat family or the Arrow family should be next to nothing against DS.

Maybe Grifter could split due to his telekinesis.

From Marvel metas like Wolvie and Deadpool seem like a good choice.

And DS tagging Flashes is character trademark consistent with his history and powers. Nightwing suddenly matching Slade is a flaming pile of $hit btw.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both Wolverine and Black Panther would take majorities over Slade in a fight.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

No one stalemates Deathstroke. Sooner or later one of the combatants will get tired or fatigued. Most of the people listed already can give him a great fight though. I'd say Logan gives him the best fight with neither stomping the other.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster - It depends on how he's fighting and if he's fighting at his best. He doesn't have Slade's strength or endurance, but he certainly has the skill and the move copying.

Captain America - People always say that DS has Cap beat, but show me a comic where DS actually surpasses Cap in almost every way and I'll give Slade the victory. Realistically speaking, Cap is nearly Slade's equal physically, but Slade has the healing factor and the Tactical brain over Steve. However, with the way Batman almost fought Slade to a complete standstill, and Cap having a similar level of fighting skill to Bruce as well as physicals beyond Batman, he should atleast stalemate DS 6/10 imo.

Martial artists like Lady Shiva, Bronze Tiger, Elektra, Daredevil - I really doubt they'd have what it takes to stalemate Slade. They may outclass him in skill, but Slade has a lot of other attributes that make up for that.

Deadpool - Well, if Deadpool is fighting at his best (And 100% at his best, we're talking early Deadpool days) I think he could actually stalemate Slade. Deathstroke can't put him down permanently, but Deadpool may not have the power to put down Slade for good as well.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one stalemates Deathstroke. Sooner or later one of the combatants will get tired or fatigued. Most of the people listed already can give him a great fight though. I'd say Logan gives him the best fight with neither stomping the other.

This probably.

And for people that said "Batman", seriously, we've actually seen that fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve said:

This probably.

And for people that said "Batman", seriously, we've actually seen that fight.

The only clear victory I have seen for Deathstroke was from a roughly 15 year old comic, and even then Deathstroke was severely injured after the fight. Deathstroke takes a definite majority in H2H but saying Batman can sneak out with a victory based on his use of tech is not out of the question.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wolverine008

Wolverine and Black Panther both take 7/10 majorities over him.

Iron Fist Chi amped wins 9/10.

Spider-Man takes majority over him as well.

Few street levelers have what it takes to drop Slade to be honest.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: Considering Deathstroke is traditionally a Teen Titans villain, taking on the whole team, which I dont believe Batman should be capable of, id say it shouldnt actually be an "even" match. Id be liable to call that PIS.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan doesn't have that problem :D

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I'm trying to think out of the box here and suggest some battles nobody has considered, so forgive these if they are off the wall.

How about Deathstroke Vs. Simon Baz. Baz has a Lantern ring, so his power level clearly dwarfs Deathstroke's, but he's new, so he should be inexperienced. I could see Deathstroke hitting a Lantern hard enough or overwhelming him enough to get in a knockout blow, but it would be an incredible battle to get to that point and avoid being killed or pinned. I haven't looked up Baz. He might have that Earth luck that seems to make every recruit from Earth a natural, but I'd like to see a battle between Slade and a newbie Lantern.

Deathstroke Vs. Martian Manhunter? Manhunter should clearly stomp Slade based on his out of this world power set and long years of experience, but Manhunter is often portrayed as getting pwned by lesser opponents. Admittedly, this is usually because of lazy writing, but if you consider PIS valid, then you'd have to say that Manhunter is a sloppy fighter. Also, he has the psychological vulnerability to fire, and if given the chance, Slade could easily use this to his advantage.

Deathstroke Vs. Booster Gold. It's a simple battle of superior tech vs. superior skill. Booster has the power to down Slade and the shields to take a mighty beating, but Deathstroke could fight circles around him. It would be interesting.

So, there is some fresh food for thought. Anybody have predictions on how these battles would go?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: Seems like Simon should annihilate him, but I think Green Lanterns are among the most susceptible of "heavy hitters" to prep time. They are just "people" with whatever powers their imagination bestows. So, I all in all like this pick.

Martian Manhunter Jobs a lot, and is never written to his potential. Its bull, and I cant personally allow PIS as evidence in a forum battle (which removes plot, and often even morals), so this one is an nanosecond stomp, IMO.

I think Deathstroke could actually win this, so its close. But it could never be a stalemate, because eventually Booster will need a rest.

Interesting list, imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Another Deathstroke...

Seriously speaking, T'Challa can stalemate him, maybe beat him.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Nightwing has stalemated Deathstroke several times, are those all instances of PIS aswell?

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Cap

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By Raw_Material

Drifte, Spider-Man or Wolverine would be great match-ups.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#48  Edited By BatWatch

@batwatch: Seems like Simon should annihilate him, but I think Green Lanterns are among the most susceptible of "heavy hitters" to prep time. They are just "people" with whatever powers their imagination bestows. So, I all in all like this pick.

Martian Manhunter Jobs a lot, and is never written to his potential. Its bull, and I cant personally allow PIS as evidence in a forum battle (which removes plot, and often even morals), so this one is an nanosecond stomp, IMO.

I think Deathstroke could actually win this, so its close. But it could never be a stalemate, because eventually Booster will need a rest.

Interesting list, imo.

Thanks. Glad I could come up with something interesting.

I'm not big on the Lantern universe, so I'm not sure how much firepower it takes to break a lantern's field. I know it is supposed to be a matter of will, but then big things always damage them, and then there is the battery life on them. Is there anything really set in stone, or is it just a flexible, "whatever seems cool in this situation" sort of thing?

If it's a matter of needing to concentrate to keep up even a rudimentary defense, I can definitely see Slade mounting some formidable distraction even on the fly.

I'm not sure what to do with PIS. I get that bad writing should not count, but at the same time if a character is routinely shown as performing in a certain way, shouldn't that be a legitimate standard? Even if we feel like a character should perform better, shouldn't he be judged by the general way he is portrayed? Isn't it the outliers we should dismiss?

I'd like to see the battle between Booster and Slade, but I think Slade would have it too. It just seems like Deathstroke would be able to avoid the vast majority of Booster's attacks, and he'd heal off those few that got through.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_stegman  Moderator

I'd say Wolverine is the closest physically and skill wise.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Huh I would have thought Logan would stomp him.