vastatosaurus rex ( king kong ) vs spinosaurus (jurassic park 3)

• 95 results
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spartan92

vs 

who wins ?
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Vastatosaurus Rex.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spartan92
@comicdude23:
why ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartan92 said:
"@comicdude23: why ? "

Much faster, can out maneuver the Spinosaurus, and has much Sharper / Longer teeth.
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spartan92
@comicdude23:
but the vastatosaurus is larger than the t rex ... but is about the same size as the spinosaurus so cant be that much faster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartan92 said:
"@comicdude23: but the vastatosaurus is larger than the t rex ... but is about the same size as the spinosaurus so cant be that much faster. "

Vastatosaurus is thicker and has more muscle, it's slower, the T-Rex showed more Speed.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By saiyan_earthling

V-Rex, because it's not just bigger than the T-Rex, it's tough enough to withstand beatings from Kong.

Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tutorman

V-Rex>>>>Spinosaurus...firstly, V-Rex is bigger then the JP3 Spinosaurus....V-Rex is nearly 60 feet in length and stands 25 feet tall, look at its stats.  While the JP3 Spino is only 17 feet tall and 43 feet long, not to mention this...a Real Tyrannosaurus Rex would destroy a Spinosaurus, let alone an "evolved" and even more powerful version within the V-Rex, it's not even remotely close here.

JP3 was the worst scenario of a T-Rex vs Spinosaurus, its not even comparable, T-Rex it the most powerful land predator that human kind has discovered to this very day, no way a Spino can beat a real T-Rex, so the idea of it having a chance against an even more larger, more powerful version is out of the question.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By demifiend

spinosaurus loses

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vastatosaurus Rex. Spino killing T-Rex was PIS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001: Why did you bump this?
Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Larkin1388
@Tutorman said:
V-Rex>>>>Spinosaurus...firstly, V-Rex is bigger then the JP3 Spinosaurus....V-Rex is nearly 60 feet in length and stands 25 feet tall, look at its stats.  While the JP3 Spino is only 17 feet tall and 43 feet long, not to mention this...a Real Tyrannosaurus Rex would destroy a Spinosaurus, let alone an "evolved" and even more powerful version within the V-Rex, it's not even remotely close here.  JP3 was the worst scenario of a T-Rex vs Spinosaurus, its not even comparable, T-Rex it the most powerful land predator that human kind has discovered to this very day, no way a Spino can beat a real T-Rex, so the idea of it having a chance against an even more larger, more powerful version is out of the question.
Very well put fellow Viner.
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23 said:
@venomoushatred1001: Why did you bump this?

Cause its a cool battle :P
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By progenitorigin

In this scenario, most likely the Rex, but the Spinosaurus is basically amped up, an experiment rather than the actual Spinosaurus people know today, so it would most likely give a good fight with it's height, speed, & strength.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blood_guts

spinosaurus was my favorite dinosaur when i was little. i HAVE to say spinosaurus. i also have to satisfy my inner 5 year old and detail how. 

first the spinosaurus would ram him with his comb 
then he would grab a leg and slamm him into a tree using his teeth 
lastly he would maul the v-rex whilst its downed

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Killemall
@Tutorman said:

V-Rex>>>>Spinosaurus...firstly, V-Rex is bigger then the JP3 Spinosaurus....V-Rex is nearly 60 feet in length and stands 25 feet tall, look at its stats.  While the JP3 Spino is only 17 feet tall and 43 feet long, not to mention this...a Real Tyrannosaurus Rex would destroy a Spinosaurus, let alone an "evolved" and even more powerful version within the V-Rex, it's not even remotely close here.  JP3 was the worst scenario of a T-Rex vs Spinosaurus, its not even comparable, T-Rex it the most powerful land predator that human kind has discovered to this very day, no way a Spino can beat a real T-Rex, so the idea of it having a chance against an even more larger, more powerful version is out of the question.

That is very arguable because we know very little about Spino it’s very hard to say, but i am 100% with u on the fact the fight wouldn’t have gone the way they showed in the movie, especially considering the fact that T-rex did have a first bite and with such massive bite force, spino's neck would have broken into half. And ppl tend to overlook many facts about Spino, one of which is its build gives him a better advantage against bigger predators, since those claws on his hands (which were the size of meat hooks) could do some serious damage.  

Plus from found evidence so far researches are leaning towards the fact that Spino would have been the apex predator of his time, simply because it doesn’t have the body structure to go deep water exploring for food and isn’t really build to hunt, the only way it could survive as much as it survived would be relying on stealing other predators food whenever possible. To note is the fact that Spino did share its territory with other giant theropods who were as large as T-rex in size, namely Carchardontosaurus and Deltadormeus, the former of which is actually larger and pretty much has similar  build as T-rex. 

Returning to battle at hand, as mentioned above, I think a battle between T-rex and spino would have been close, this upgraded version of T-rex however is well and truly out of Spino’s league

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:
@Tutorman said:

That is very arguable because we know very little about Spino it’s very hard to say, but i am 100% with u on the fact the fight wouldn’t have gone the way they showed in the movie, especially considering the fact that T-rex did have a first bite and with such massive bite force, spino's neck would have broken into half. And ppl tend to overlook many facts about Spino, one of which is its build give him a better advantage against bigger predators, since those claws on his hands (which were the size of meat hooks) could do some serious damage.  

Plus from found evidence so far researches are leaning towards the fact that Spino would have been the apex predator of his time, simply because it doesn’t have the body structure to go deep water exploring for food and isn’t really build to hunt, the only way it could survive as much as it survived would be relying on stealing other predators food whenever possible. To note is the fact that Spino did share its territory with other giant theropods who were as large as T-rex in size, namely Carchardontosaurus and Deltadormeus, the former of which is actually larger and pretty much has similar  build as T-rex. 

Returning to battle at hand, as mentioned above, I think a battle between T-rex and spino would have been close, this upgraded version of T-rex however is well and truly out of Spino’s league

I didn't know you were a Dinosaur expert.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Killemall said:
@Tutorman said:

That is very arguable because we know very little about Spino it’s very hard to say, but i am 100% with u on the fact the fight wouldn’t have gone the way they showed in the movie, especially considering the fact that T-rex did have a first bite and with such massive bite force, spino's neck would have broken into half. And ppl tend to overlook many facts about Spino, one of which is its build give him a better advantage against bigger predators, since those claws on his hands (which were the size of meat hooks) could do some serious damage.  

Nice analysis!  I am also a dino fan.  I think the spinosaurus would lose, it had much weaker jaws than a t-rex.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Killemall
@venomoushatred1001 said: 
Lol i wish man, i am a law student so dinosaur isnt really my field (i hope that wasnt a sarcasm coz i totally missed it) but i have always had an interest in prehistoric life, after all there were some super awesome predators in the deep. 

@Owie said: 
Nice analysis!  I am also a dino fan.  I think the spinosaurus would lose, it had much weaker jaws than a t-rex.
LOL cheers man, and that is what i think as well, but most likely than not those two predators would have avoided themselves (had they existed on the same time frame) more like a bear and a tiger. But regarding the bite force, the thing ppl tend to miss is, yes spino's bite force was less potent , although we dont really know how powerful t-rex's bite force was (235 KN was the prediction, and was accepted for quite a time but then a clear analysis of t-rex's anatomy showed that, such a massive bite force would shatter its own jaws so its unlikely to be accurate, but then still well and truely above Spino by a big margin), it has been estimated to be around 150 odd KN, (235 vs 150 is quite odd right) but 150 KN is more than enough bite force to kill T-rex with a single bite. :) Either of them have the capability to kill the other with 1 bite, so the bite force argument isnt so strong. But the other advantage T-rex has it, arguably t-rex was more compact, had a very strong neck ment for ramming (and spino because of its spine would pretty much die instantly if it fell on the ground, since the spines are connected to vertebral column). so yeah , if fought wisely t-rex should win 7/10 fights.. V-rex would will almost everytime..  
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Killemall said:
Lol i wish man, i am a law student so dinosaur isnt really my field (i hope that wasnt a sarcasm coz i totally missed it) but i have always had an interest in prehistoric life, after all there were some super awesome predators in the deep. 

@Owie said: 
LOL cheers man, and that is what i think as well, but most likely than not those two predators would have avoided themselves (had they existed on the same time frame) more like a bear and a tiger. But regarding the bite force, the thing ppl tend to miss is, yes spino's bite force was less potent , although we dont really know how powerful t-rex's bite force was (235 KN was the prediction, and was accepted for quite a time but then a clear analysis of t-rex's anatomy showed that, such a massive bite force would shatter its own jaws so its unlikely to be accurate, but then still well and truely above Spino by a big margin), it has been estimated to be around 150 odd KN, (235 vs 150 is quite odd right) but 150 KN is more than enough bite force to kill T-rex with a single bite. :) Either of them have the capability to kill the other with 1 bite, so the bite force argument isnt so strong. But the other advantage T-rex has it, arguably t-rex was more compact, had a very strong neck ment for ramming (and spino because of its spine would pretty much die instantly if it fell on the ground, since the spines are connected to vertebral column). so yeah , if fought wisely t-rex should win 7/10 fights.. V-rex would will almost everytime..  
No sarcasm at all--i am also just an amateur paleo guy as well.  nice details.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall
@Owie: Just a random question, nth related to the topic at hand, do you think V-Rex (if it ever really existed, do you think would be able to hunt Ankylosaurus (the tank on legs?? ) ;)
OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OhItsThatGuy

Spinosaurus was primarily a hunter of fish. It gets wrecked by V-Rex.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:
@Owie: Just a random question, nth related to the topic at hand, do you think V-Rex (if it ever really existed, do you think would be able to hunt Ankylosaurus (the tank on legs?? ) ;)

I don't think so. Ankylosaurus were armored from head to toe. No way is V-Rex biting through that.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Killemall said:
I don't think so. Ankylosaurus were armored from head to toe. No way is V-Rex biting through that.
I doubt they would hunt them actively because of the difficulty of fighting them.  Ankylosaurs are unarmored underneath so it's not impossible to gut them.  But they're pretty heavy and wide so I doubt they got tipped over often.  I don't know if they've done any tests to see if a T. rex could bite through an Ankylosaur's armor.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Killemall
Yeah man after all they are the living tank :)  

@OhItsThatGuy said:

Spinosaurus was primarily a hunter of fish. It gets wrecked by V-Rex.

No disrespect intended mate, but that shouldn’t really make any difference, just because something hunts fish doesn’t automatically make it weak. Add to that the fact that scientists have reasons to believe Spino was the apex predator of its time (of course only on land, you cannot  expect them to fight Iloperidone). The reason they believe so is because due to its physics it wouldn’t be able to go deep water, so in swallow water it had to fight it out with Sarcosuchus on water and/or Carchardontosaurus, either of them are powerful enough to fight off T-rex why should Spino be any different. 

Look I am not saying Spino wins, but its sad to see ppl giving it way less credit than it actually deserve. 
OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OhItsThatGuy
@Killemall

Spins had a crocodile-esque snout, pointy teeth, lanky arms, and nostrils that were upward facing. Perfect for hunting aquatic prey, in or out of the water. I really don't know where you're getting that the creature couldn't swim in deeper water. The thing was built like a giant bird, with strong appendages, and a crocodile snout. I doubt it spent most of its time in the Earth's oceans, but to say that it couldn't have when we can see things such as saltwater crocs do it on daily basis is pretty odd. Also, no. I doubt  Sarcosuchus could even challenge T-Rex out of the water, and Carchardontosaurus would get slaughtered by T-Rex. Carchardontosaurus was longer on average, but T-Rex was more muscular, especially in the jaws. T-Rex outclasses every carnivorous dinosaur in bite force. T-Rex also outclasses any of them in weaponry. Its teeth were specifically designed to crush the hardest defenses the world had to offer at the time.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Killemall
@OhItsThatGuy said:

@Killemall

Spins had a crocodile-esque snout, pointy teeth, lanky arms, and nostrils that were upward facing. Perfect for hunting aquatic prey, in or out of the water. I really don't know where you're getting that the creature couldn't swim in deeper water. 

He cannot swin in deep water because he cant breath under water, besides you are talking about  Cretaceous period, underwater Spino would be road kill. Surface water isnt filled with fish enough to feed something the size of a spino. 

The thing was built like a giant bird, with strong appendages, and a crocodile snout. I doubt it spent most of its time in the Earth's oceans, but to say that it couldn't have when we can see things such as saltwater crocs do it on daily basis is pretty odd.

Sarcosuchus has nearly as strong bite force as Deinosuchus, a beast that rules the beaches at the same time T-rex was around. Its not about being as strong, they are faster, has awesome biteforce and very powerful even by T-rex's standard. 

Also, no. I doubt  Sarcosuchus could even challenge T-Rex out of the water, and Carchardontosaurus would get slaughtered by T-Rex. 

In regards to swimming underwater, swallow water yes, salty water during Cretaceous, unless it had death wish. 

Carchardontosaurus was longer on average, but T-Rex was more muscular, especially in the jaws. T-Rex outclasses every carnivorous dinosaur in bite force. T-Rex also outclasses any of them in weaponry. 

Outclasses in weaponry? what did T-rex have apart from bite-force and ramming neck? he doesnt have arms to damage anyone. T-rex bite force is still a mystery, they dont know how powerful his bite force is, there were estimates saying 240KN but his jaws are muscular but not durable enough to handle anywhere near enough biteforce. But dont get me wrong i am not saying Spino's bite force was as stong as T-rex, not by a LONG WAY! but that being said Spino's biteforce is stong enough to kill T-rex outright with a single bite (180KN is super strong).     Plus spino has massive arms, and would have a massive power with such massively. A random fact,  scientists  believe Suchomimus can generate 65KN, which is like awesome force, would feel like being hit by a car. Considering Spino is much bigger he would have better force, we are talking about Bitch Slap man ;)

Its teeth were specifically designed to crush the hardest defenses the world had to offer at the time.

I cannot argue with that at all, it is a fact with i have always accepted, it has a bite force to chew a car.   But that doesnt change anything, both have enough bite force to kill others, ones might be twice as power as compared to other, but well still both has lethal bite force :)  

T-rex was a hunter, lived in an age where he has to kill armored and strongest herbivorous and hence the ridiculous biteforce.  Spino on the other hand was living on the age where everyone was bigger and strong, and being the way it is hunting wouldn't really be one of its greatest asset, it had to rely on scavanging, had to fight against other dinos for food.  So i think it would be a hard call man. 

On a side note, apart from the fact that T-rex has a better biteforce there isnt much he has over Carcharodontosaurus. Its just that T-rex was a better hunter. And Carcho had quite a bit of size advantage to be fair!
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight has me a stalemate.   

Seriously on the note, this is a hard battle to judge since bother dinosaurs are from to different periods. The V-Rex doe have more jaw power and basically one bite kill along with mass. 

The Spinosauras has the snout which is great for stick and move. Also the Spinosauras can go bipedal and quadrapedal which also can be great for charging attacks. 

I was a big fan of Zoids and I still have the original Killer Spine. 
Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tutorman

@Killemall said:

@Tutorman said:

V-Rex>>>>Spinosaurus...firstly, V-Rex is bigger then the JP3 Spinosaurus....V-Rex is nearly 60 feet in length and stands 25 feet tall, look at its stats. While the JP3 Spino is only 17 feet tall and 43 feet long, not to mention this...a Real Tyrannosaurus Rex would destroy a Spinosaurus, let alone an "evolved" and even more powerful version within the V-Rex, it's not even remotely close here. JP3 was the worst scenario of a T-Rex vs Spinosaurus, its not even comparable, T-Rex it the most powerful land predator that human kind has discovered to this very day, no way a Spino can beat a real T-Rex, so the idea of it having a chance against an even more larger, more powerful version is out of the question.

That is very arguable because we know very little about Spino it’s very hard to say, but i am 100% with u on the fact the fight wouldn’t have gone the way they showed in the movie, especially considering the fact that T-rex did have a first bite and with such massive bite force, spino's neck would have broken into half. And ppl tend to overlook many facts about Spino, one of which is its build gives him a better advantage against bigger predators, since those claws on his hands (which were the size of meat hooks) could do some serious damage.

Plus from found evidence so far researches are leaning towards the fact that Spino would have been the apex predator of his time, simply because it doesn’t have the body structure to go deep water exploring for food and isn’t really build to hunt, the only way it could survive as much as it survived would be relying on stealing other predators food whenever possible. To note is the fact that Spino did share its territory with other giant theropods who were as large as T-rex in size, namely Carchardontosaurus and Deltadormeus, the former of which is actually larger and pretty much has similar build as T-rex.

Let this be noted here. Spinosaurus did indeed have large arms, however they are not as large as what is portrayed within the JP3 movie. In their, they are around 8 feet in length which is significantly larger then any known estimate for Spinosaurus arms. More importantly, they were tucked under its body, which emphasizes a specialization which has proven evidence for the animal. Being tucked under the body makes it incredibly effecient for fishing, and its no coincidence that the Spino remain found had a 10 foot fish within its belly.

However, Tyrannosaurus Rex is too large for it to use as a "slashing" attack. This isn't a raptor here in which the arms were obviously built for long grasping, the Spinosaurus simply does not sport this kind of arm support.

Carcharodontosaurus "may" have been larger then T-Rex, remember, "may" have been (considering the 2007 release papers of Giganotosaurus is actually showing that it was in fact slightly smaller then T-Rex, and Giga was before that time regarded as being slightly larger then Carcharodontosaurus). However lets make one thing very clear here, T-Rex was a far more powerful animal then Carcharodontosaurus, and Spinosaurus for that matter. That is a significant difference here that needs to be put into place before assuming that Spino could simply run around. Think of a Pit-bull when compared to a Wolf, the wolf is obviously much heavier, and larger, but the Pit-bull in terms of brute strength is the more powerful of the two.

A T-Rex is significantly more better equipped to kill powerful prey items. The mouth and jaws of a Spinosaurus were not built to tackle large prey items, of course being the biggest in the block, it could kill small to possibly medium sized animals. However it wasn't built within the same equilibrium as that of T-Rex who was engineered to tackle large prey equal to its size or larger. Their is a reason why Triceratops had horns, and Ankylosaurus became the most heavily armed Ankylosaurid of all time during Rexes reign.

Carcharodontosaurus was more then a match for Spino, however T-Rex being more intelligent, more advanced, and having the most powerful weaponry out of them all, it gives the Tyrant Lizard King far more legitimacy in winning against Spino.

V-Rex without question would've crushed a Spino.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Killemall

@Tutorman said:

@Killemall said:

Let this be noted here. Spinosaurus did indeed have large arms, however they are not as large as what is portrayed within the JP3 movie. In their, they are around 8 feet in length which is significantly larger then any known estimate for Spinosaurus arms. More importantly, they were tucked under its body, which emphasizes a specialization which has proven evidence for the animal. Being tucked under the body makes it incredibly effecient for fishing, and its no coincidence that the Spino remain found had a 10 foot fish within its belly.

However, Tyrannosaurus Rex is too large for it to use as a "slashing" attack. This isn't a raptor here in which the arms were obviously built for long grasping, the Spinosaurus simply does not sport this kind of arm support.

Carcharodontosaurus "may" have been larger then T-Rex, remember, "may" have been (considering the 2007 release papers of Giganotosaurus is actually showing that it was in fact slightly smaller then T-Rex, and Giga was before that time regarded as being slightly larger then Carcharodontosaurus). However lets make one thing very clear here, T-Rex was a far more powerful animal then Carcharodontosaurus, and Spinosaurus for that matter. That is a significant difference here that needs to be put into place before assuming that Spino could simply run around. Think of a Pit-bull when compared to a Wolf, the wolf is obviously much heavier, and larger, but the Pit-bull in terms of brute strength is the more powerful of the two.

A T-Rex is significantly more better equipped to kill powerful prey items. The mouth and jaws of a Spinosaurus were not built to tackle large prey items, of course being the biggest in the block, it could kill small to possibly medium sized animals. However it wasn't built within the same equilibrium as that of T-Rex who was engineered to tackle large prey equal to its size or larger. Their is a reason why Triceratops had horns, and Ankylosaurus became the most heavily armed Ankylosaurid of all time during Rexes reign.

Carcharodontosaurus was more then a match for Spino, however T-Rex being more intelligent, more advanced, and having the most powerful weaponry out of them all, it gives the Tyrant Lizard King far more legitimacy in winning against Spino.

1.Why bump this when everyone agreed V-Rex would win.

2.And no, this is a speculation. We don’t know how big a Spino truly is, there is no complete Spinosaurus skeleton, we however have few head bones , few sail humps and few random bone parts. So this is not entirely correct.

3.T-Rex is not too large for its slashing attack that would be pure speculation.

4.The next paragraph I agree, I have to agree because it is fact. However T-Rex being more powerful than Carco, no!, that I do not agree with. Carco has a bigger body mass, the only real difference is T-rex would have significantly better bite force.

5.Better equipped for killing? Could you tell me what weapons does T-Rex have APART FROM HIS MASSIVE JAW??? It has nothing nil, maybe you could argue about his giant legs but that can’t kill anything really big. And the bite force thing was a constant evolution because animals at that time were NOT BIGGER but had HADDER skins.

6.It has been long assumed that Spino might have been the apex predator, I did explain in long details to the post you replied. It cannot go underwater and hence will not find enough fish for sustenance; it was built for scavenging (like grizzly) not killing. However there is no hard and fast proof either.

7.This part no one argued.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fetts

Isn't this the same dinosaur that got his jaws cracked open by King Kong or something like that?? 

Anyways, I'd say the Vastatosaurus Rex after reading other comments.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By demifiend
this is true
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Killemall

@demifiend said:

this is true

LOL . that i sorta dont agree :)

Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tutorman

@Killemall said:

@Tutorman said:

@Killemall said:

1.Why bump this when everyone agreed V-Rex would win.

2.And no, this is a speculation. We don’t know how big a Spino truly is, there is no complete Spinosaurus skeleton, we however have few head bones , few sail humps and few random bone parts. So this is not entirely correct.

3.T-Rex is not too large for its slashing attack that would be pure speculation.

4.The next paragraph I agree, I have to agree because it is fact. However T-Rex being more powerful than Carco, no!, that I do not agree with. Carco has a bigger body mass, the only real difference is T-rex would have significantly better bite force.

5.Better equipped for killing? Could you tell me what weapons does T-Rex have APART FROM HIS MASSIVE JAW??? It has nothing nil, maybe you could argue about his giant legs but that can’t kill anything really big. And the bite force thing was a constant evolution because animals at that time were NOT BIGGER but had HADDER skins.

6.It has been long assumed that Spino might have been the apex predator, I did explain in long details to the post you replied. It cannot go underwater and hence will not find enough fish for sustenance; it was built for scavenging (like grizzly) not killing. However there is no hard and fast proof either.

7.This part no one argued.

1. Whats the problem, just simply because I'm not on every week doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to make a post when I return.

2. Spinosaurus size has always been speculation, however we at least know that it was larger then T-Rex, almost every single paleontologist can agree to that. As to how large, that is obviously speculation the 37 foot long specimen that was destroyed in WWII was a sub-adult. So obviously Spino could get bigger, however again, why are we commenting on this leaves me boggled.

3. Spinosaurus Arms are first and foremost not as large as those portrayed within the movie, which makes a significant difference. Being tucked under its body would mean that Spinosaurus cannot use it within the same slashing motion as to what you would see like that of a Raptor. That is no speculation, T-Rex stood around 15 feet at the hip and would've been taller if you measured from the head, and this would put the animal above the slashing attack. Again, tucked under the body, not as long, cannot be used within the same standard as the arms of a raptor. They were however highly effecient for grapping fish, which was most likely of its long arm intentions. Not saying it can't use it at all, however it wouldn't be as effective as you make it out to be.

4. Carcharodontosaurus was not as heavily built as T-Rex. Paul Sereno the man who found the most complete skull structure and the most recent pieces to Carcharodontosaurus has even made the effort to state that T-Rex is lb for lb the most powerful land predator we know of to date. Carcharodontosaurus is actually regarded to being smaller than Giganotosaurus, and please take the effort to find the 2007 Giganotosaurus papers, its actually smaller then the T-Rex measurement for measurement (leave to the sites to not get currently up to date on this matter). However, lets just assume Carcharodontosaurus was slightly larger. It still would not have been as massively built for its size. T-Rex had more powerful robust legs, a more stocky chest build, and the largest neck muscles to power the skull that is leagues of Carcharodontosaurus. So even "if" Carcharodontosaurus was a ton heavier (that would make it around the same estimate size as what Giganotosaurus was originally at before the 2007 paper) it isn't going to topple the Rex in terms of strength.

5. One of the most significant advantages T-Rex has over all other giant theropod dinosaurs is Binocular Vision. Carcharodontosaurus, Spinosaurus, nor Giganotosaurus have this evolutionary advantage, in fact all those large theropods I just named have their eyes set to their sides. So whats the difference? Carcharo, Spino, and Giga cannot correctly judge distance in front of them within the same manner as T-Rex. With T-Rexes eyes facing forward, it can correctly judge the distance of prey/foe in front of itself, where as the other large predators would've had to sway their heads from side to side in order to achieve the same effect. That is a Significant advantage that T-Rex has.

The other is, you named it...the Skull of T-Rex. What is the main killing weapon of Carcharodontosaurus, Spinosaurus or Giganotosaurus? Their Jaws. What is the T-Rex most dominant at? Jaw Strength. Within the 2007 recent study of T-Rex bite-force, they found that the T-Rex could bite with a force of 150,000 to 200,000 newtons of force. You know how much that is in pounds? That's basically 40,000 lbs of force coming down on you. The only other animal to even come close to numbers this high is the gigantic shark from the past Megalodon who also clocks in at 40,000 lbs or more.

Carcharo, Spino, and Giga do not even come close to this, because unlike T-Rex, their skulls are seperated with bones and tissue, making the force of their bite being dispersed. T-Rex on the other hand had fused bones, which allows all of the bite force to be concentrated upon the bite and the teeth. Spinosaurus would have an even less advantage here, considering its bite force would've been even weaker in contrast to Carcharo or Giga, due it having a rather thin neck structure, and its narrow snout which wouldn't have supported the same muscle structures as the other three.

With this being stated and the mere fact their main killing tools were in fact their mouths, T-Rex wins by a landslide.

Although small, you can even argue brain size considering Giga and Carcharo had brains only around the size of a banana, while T-Rexes brain was more, about the size of a milk carton. Evolution has clearly given T-Rex some significant advantages in weaponry, and not even including being more heavily muscled.

6. Spinosaurus was most likely an Apex-Predator, with you being that large, their is no question you shouldn't be. However Carcharodontosaurus would've given it a run for its money because in terms of mass to body size, Carcharodontosaurus was a more stocky/muscled animal in contrast to Spino. Not saying the Spino wasn't one, that much is true that when you are the biggest around the block, you can use size as an intimidation. However Carcharodontosaurus is more then a match for Spino, and T-Rex being more robust in terms of muscle morphology, and having more evolutionary advancements, as well as the most powerful jaws out of any of these land giant predators, the lean of who will come out on top would go to the Tyrannosaurid.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@Tutorman said:

V-Rex>>>>Spinosaurus...firstly, V-Rex is bigger then the JP3 Spinosaurus....V-Rex is nearly 60 feet in length and stands 25 feet tall, look at its stats. While the JP3 Spino is only 17 feet tall and 43 feet long, not to mention this...a Real Tyrannosaurus Rex would destroy a Spinosaurus, let alone an "evolved" and even more powerful version within the V-Rex, it's not even remotely close here. JP3 was the worst scenario of a T-Rex vs Spinosaurus, its not even comparable, T-Rex it the most powerful land predator that human kind has discovered to this very day, no way a Spino can beat a real T-Rex, so the idea of it having a chance against an even more larger, more powerful version is out of the question.

A spino and a T-Rex has different various factors that can aid either one against each other.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By jumpstart55

King Kong was complete bs, first off there is no a gorilla can take on 4 or 5 Trex,s and win he should have died.

Jurassic Park 3 was also equally as stupid, i highly doubt the fight between a Spinosaurus and Trex would have gone like that.

One thing i noticed about the two fights, is that the Tyrannosaurus had a clear advantage its jaw, yet somehow both Kong and theSpinosaurus were so invincible they were able to shake it off like nothing. Hollywood does not do its research, or just ignore the research for share entertainment value.

As the fight between the two, i say the Vastatosaurus-rex would absoultely annihilate the Spino becuase their faster, larger, and stronger.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@demifiend said:

this is true

Why? Spino was was built mainly for hunting fish, which explained its amphibious biology. A T-rex was built for big game animals. T-rex should have a clear advantage over Spino.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nickthedevil

@Killemall said:

@demifiend said:

this is true

Why? Spino was was built mainly for hunting fish, which explained its amphibious biology. A T-rex was built for big game animals. T-rex should have a clear advantage over Spino.

you do know thats debatable, right? evidence suggests that they were just huge scavengers. besides, T-rex got stomped in Jurassic park 3 by the Spino :P

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nickthedevil

@jumpstart55 said:

King Kong was complete bs, first off there is no a gorilla can take on 4 or 5 Trex,s and win he should have died.

Jurassic Park 3 was also equally as stupid, i highly doubt the fight between a Spinosaurus and Trex would have gone like that.

One thing i noticed about the two fights, is that the Tyrannosaurus had a clear advantage its jaw, yet somehow both Kong and theSpinosaurus were so invincible they were able to shake it off like nothing. Hollywood does not do its research, or just ignore the research for share entertainment value.

As the fight between the two, i say the Vastatosaurus-rex would absoultely annihilate the Spino becuase their faster, larger, and stronger.

wow, YOU good sir should do your homework instead of complaining about Hollywood not doing it's own. T-rex = not fast. look it up. and on top of that, more evidence suggests that they weren't built for running, and don't have a high endurance for it.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

you do know thats debatable, right? evidence suggests that they were just huge scavengers. besides, T-rex got stomped in Jurassic park 3 by the Spino :P

Bad writing.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nickthedevil

@venomoushatred1001: given that the OP says the movies, then thats what we're supposed to go off of.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Killemall

@Killemall said:

I did explain this on my earlier post, let me copy paste here :p i am getting lazy:

"

from found evidence so far researches are leaning towards the fact that Spino would have been the apex predator of his time, simply because it doesn’t have the body structure to go deep water exploring for food and isn’t really build to hunt, the only way it could survive as much as it survived would be relying on stealing other predators food whenever possible. To note is the fact that Spino did share its territory with other giant theropods who were as large as T-rex in size, namely Carchardontosaurus and Deltadormeus, the former of which is actually larger and pretty much has similar build as T-rex."

What people dont generally get is Spinosaurus is indeed build to fight larger dinosaurs, that is how its body structure is. T-rex however is build as a hunter. If this was a hunting contest T-rex would win 10/10, although even fighting T-rex should win the majority if he is smart enough to exploit a weakness (which I doubt).

Its a hunter vs scavanger , something like a Tiger vs a Grizzly

@Tutorman said:

@Killemall said:

1. Whats the problem, just simply because I'm not on every week doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to make a post when I return.

2. Spinosaurus size has always been speculation, however we at least know that it was larger then T-Rex, almost every single paleontologist can agree to that. As to how large, that is obviously speculation the 37 foot long specimen that was destroyed in WWII was a sub-adult. So obviously Spino could get bigger, however again, why are we commenting on this leaves me boggled.

3. Spinosaurus Arms are first and foremost not as large as those portrayed within the movie, which makes a significant difference. Being tucked under its body would mean that Spinosaurus cannot use it within the same slashing motion as to what you would see like that of a Raptor. That is no speculation, T-Rex stood around 15 feet at the hip and would've been taller if you measured from the head, and this would put the animal above the slashing attack. Again, tucked under the body, not as long, cannot be used within the same standard as the arms of a raptor. They were however highly effecient for grapping fish, which was most likely of its long arm intentions. Not saying it can't use it at all, however it wouldn't be as effective as you make it out to be.

4. Carcharodontosaurus was not as heavily built as T-Rex. Paul Sereno the man who found the most complete skull structure and the most recent pieces to Carcharodontosaurus has even made the effort to state that T-Rex is lb for lb the most powerful land predator we know of to date. Carcharodontosaurus is actually regarded to being smaller than Giganotosaurus, and please take the effort to find the 2007 Giganotosaurus papers, its actually smaller then the T-Rex measurement for measurement (leave to the sites to not get currently up to date on this matter). However, lets just assume Carcharodontosaurus was slightly larger. It still would not have been as massively built for its size. T-Rex had more powerful robust legs, a more stocky chest build, and the largest neck muscles to power the skull that is leagues of Carcharodontosaurus. So even "if" Carcharodontosaurus was a ton heavier (that would make it around the same estimate size as what Giganotosaurus was originally at before the 2007 paper) it isn't going to topple the Rex in terms of strength.

5. One of the most significant advantages T-Rex has over all other giant theropod dinosaurs is Binocular Vision. Carcharodontosaurus, Spinosaurus, nor Giganotosaurus have this evolutionary advantage, in fact all those large theropods I just named have their eyes set to their sides. So whats the difference? Carcharo, Spino, and Giga cannot correctly judge distance in front of them within the same manner as T-Rex. With T-Rexes eyes facing forward, it can correctly judge the distance of prey/foe in front of itself, where as the other large predators would've had to sway their heads from side to side in order to achieve the same effect. That is a Significant advantage that T-Rex has.

The other is, you named it...the Skull of T-Rex. What is the main killing weapon of Carcharodontosaurus, Spinosaurus or Giganotosaurus? Their Jaws. What is the T-Rex most dominant at? Jaw Strength. Within the 2007 recent study of T-Rex bite-force, they found that the T-Rex could bite with a force of 150,000 to 200,000 newtons of force. You know how much that is in pounds? That's basically 40,000 lbs of force coming down on you. The only other animal to even come close to numbers this high is the gigantic shark from the past Megalodon who also clocks in at 40,000 lbs or more.

Carcharo, Spino, and Giga do not even come close to this, because unlike T-Rex, their skulls are seperated with bones and tissue, making the force of their bite being dispersed. T-Rex on the other hand had fused bones, which allows all of the bite force to be concentrated upon the bite and the teeth. Spinosaurus would have an even less advantage here, considering its bite force would've been even weaker in contrast to Carcharo or Giga, due it having a rather thin neck structure, and its narrow snout which wouldn't have supported the same muscle structures as the other three.

With this being stated and the mere fact their main killing tools were in fact their mouths, T-Rex wins by a landslide.

Although small, you can even argue brain size considering Giga and Carcharo had brains only around the size of a banana, while T-Rexes brain was more, about the size of a milk carton. Evolution has clearly given T-Rex some significant advantages in weaponry, and not even including being more heavily muscled.

6. Spinosaurus was most likely an Apex-Predator, with you being that large, their is no question you shouldn't be. However Carcharodontosaurus would've given it a run for its money because in terms of mass to body size, Carcharodontosaurus was a more stocky/muscled animal in contrast to Spino. Not saying the Spino wasn't one, that much is true that when you are the biggest around the block, you can use size as an intimidation. However Carcharodontosaurus is more then a match for Spino, and T-Rex being more robust in terms of muscle morphology, and having more evolutionary advancements, as well as the most powerful jaws out of any of these land giant predators, the lean of who will come out on top would go to the Tyrannosaurid.

1.Sorry if I sounded offensive, all I am saying is why did you bump this thread? Coz I feared most people would not give this thread much of an interest, people here are more into comics rather than dinosaurs. But it’s getting good attention, nice to know =)

2.Actually I replied to something else =) when I said it is speculation at best what I meant was his arms being used to catch fish. His arms were built like Suchomimus, with more agility, the reason they believe this is true is because of two things : (a) It had to be able to partly swim in order to catch fish, for an animal as large as that you cannot swim only with tail (unlike crocodile or bigger versions them), because had their hands been the way you are explaining, they would pretty much exclusively have to hunt on land, which simply is not true. (b) They need a means to defend against other water predators of their time , namely Sarcosuchus. These predators are lot faster than Spino in water so they need something to fight back else they will not get enough food. Makes sense right?

3.I think I have addressed this point above.

4.This I do not agree with, not the part where Carcho might have been lighter that perhaps is true the fact that it would not be as powerful as T-rex. T-rex is not going to be much heavier either and all it would take it one bite from either. A bite from Carcho would finish the fight as well and so would T-rex. Being lighter on foot actually makes you more agile =)

5.Binocular vision is used in hunting not fighting. =)Skull/ jaws/ jaw-strength all comes down to what, yes exactly biteforce, both have enough bite force to kill the other. Besides the bite force thing I have already addressed, that simply cannot be true not because its jaw muscles are strong enough for that kind of biteforce but because that kind of force would simply shatters its jaws. Jaws are strong enough YES durable enough NO. Megalodon has significant advantage under water and there are other animals such as Pilosaurs who have better biteforce .

6.No one argued Spino has a better bite force all we are arguing is bite force doesn’t not give you total advantage in fight, it’s not a biting contest. Just an example, during Cretaceous period the top water predator was Mosasaurs despite the fact that there were other ichtysosaurs and plisaurs who have better bite force.

7.Last point I sort of agree with but people are giving T-rex a lot more advantage that what he should get. What other Therapod did T-rex compete against? Or was built to fight against? Yes that you. It was built to Hunt not fight. Built to hunt animals that have heavy (but shorter height) and armoured skins not build to fight something that is actually bigger in size then it.

@nickthedevil said:

This is so true :)

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

@Tutorman said:

T-Rex it the most powerful land predator that human kind has discovered to this very day

What about Giganotosaurus? It's been measured at 43 feet( a foot longer than T-Rex) and weighs 13.3 tons compared to Rex's 7.5 tons.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By jumpstart55

@nickthedevil said:

@jumpstart55 said:

wow, YOU good sir should do your homework instead of complaining about Hollywood not doing it's own. T-rex = not fast. look it up. and on top of that, more evidence suggests that they weren't built for running, and don't have a high endurance for it.

What the heck are you talking about, i never said a T-Rex was built for running,and neither did i say they had high endurance, I simply said its jaw gave it a clear advantage.

And on a side note-Think before you act man.

Tutorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tutorman

@Killemall said:

2.Actually I replied to something else =) when I said it is speculation at best what I meant was his arms being used to catch fish. His arms were built like Suchomimus, with more agility, the reason they believe this is true is because of two things : (a) It had to be able to partly swim in order to catch fish, for an animal as large as that you cannot swim only with tail (unlike crocodile or bigger versions them), because had their hands been the way you are explaining, they would pretty much exclusively have to hunt on land, which simply is not true. (b) They need a means to defend against other water predators of their time , namely Sarcosuchus. These predators are lot faster than Spino in water so they need something to fight back else they will not get enough food. Makes sense right?

3.I think I have addressed this point above.

4.This I do not agree with, not the part where Carcho might have been lighter that perhaps is true the fact that it would not be as powerful as T-rex. T-rex is not going to be much heavier either and all it would take it one bite from either. A bite from Carcho would finish the fight as well and so would T-rex. Being lighter on foot actually makes you more agile =)

5.Binocular vision is used in hunting not fighting. =)Skull/ jaws/ jaw-strength all comes down to what, yes exactly biteforce, both have enough bite force to kill the other. Besides the bite force thing I have already addressed, that simply cannot be true not because its jaw muscles are strong enough for that kind of biteforce but because that kind of force would simply shatters its jaws. Jaws are strong enough YES durable enough NO. Megalodon has significant advantage under water and there are other animals such as Pilosaurs who have better biteforce .

6.No one argued Spino has a better bite force all we are arguing is bite force doesn’t not give you total advantage in fight, it’s not a biting contest. Just an example, during Cretaceous period the top water predator was Mosasaurs despite the fact that there were other ichtysosaurs and plisaurs who have better bite force.

7.Last point I sort of agree with but people are giving T-rex a lot more advantage that what he should get. What other Therapod did T-rex compete against? Or was built to fight against? Yes that you. It was built to Hunt not fight. Built to hunt animals that have heavy (but shorter height) and armoured skins not build to fight something that is actually bigger in size then it.

2. It doesn't need to be able to swim in order to catch fish. Brown Bears today prove to you and I, and everyone else that you don't need to be adapted swimmers to catch fish. You simply have to be patient and having the quick eye to do so. Their is no stopping a Spinosaurus from standing in the water to wait for fish to swim on by and have them caught by either its forelimbs or mouth. This is the same case with Bears during the Salmon run. What large swimming to do you see in catching prey? Next to none of the sort. Bears idle around to snatch the fish that comes passing by. Hence why Spinosaurus arms being tucked under its body would've been well adapted to this philosophy. As for Sarcosuchus, I'm going to be perfectly honest, Spinosaurus probably was in the semi-aquatic niche, but not within the same confines as Sarcosuchus whom within the water would've had a significant advantage over Spinosaurus. Both predators for the most part would've stayed cleared of one another.

3. I've addressed what you claimed above in 2.

4. A bite from a Carcharo would've been bad, but a bite from the T-Rex would've been absolutely devastating. The jaw strength comparisons of both animals is so drastic and far from one another its not even close. Carcharo attacked with a different method in which it would take multiple bites to try and cause a significant enough amount of blood loss to its prey. T-Rex bit down with so much tremendous force that the first bite was intended to be a fatal and killing bite. Two completely different aspects of how they tackled prey, and T-Rexes method is significantly more powerful.

You're also incorrect on the Carcharo being more agile. Tyrannosaurus Rexes legs are the most gracile legs out of any giant theropod dinosaurs. In fact T-Rexes legs resemble closely to those of ornithomimid family, also known as the family which is noted to have the dinosaurs whom were the fastest on their feets. Now this isn't saying that T-Rex was running at 40mph, that's completely ludicrous, however in comparison to Carcharo, the T-Rex was better equipped on the legs department. The advantages of being at the evolutionary end of the dinosaurs.

5. Binocular vision is not just used in hunting. It's significantly better in the face of fighting as well. Again, the ability to judge distance is an absolutely significant advantage, and its just preposterous that you would downplay this advantage. Being able to see your opponent in front of you, and being able to judge distance is a huge evolutionary significance that the T-Rex has over the other large theropod dinosaurs. The bite-force of T-Rex is not false, it was significantly more powerful then any land-predator to date period. Spinosaurus would not have even remotely come close to the bite-force of T-Rex period, nor Carcharo for that matter. Care to disagree...find another experiment and thorough study that proves otherwise.

http://www.livescience.com/1557-rex-secret-weapon-discovered.html

There is a reason why during T-Rexes time, large herbivore dinosaurs developed horns, and the most heavily armored dinosaurs which evolved during Rexes time. All of this just simply isn't coincidence.

6. The problem is...it is a biting contest. The main weapons of these animals were their mouths and T-Rex blew all contestants out of the water, and not only having better vision, ridiculous jaw power, but also lb for lb being the strongest. Here in lies the problem...Spinosaurus with its skull and teeth would've been good for gripping, it wasn't serrated, so the damage wouldn't be as significant. Where as T-Rex could not only bite down, rip, but also go through bone. It's clear who had the more deadlier bite, and this is highly attributed to an advantage for the Rex.

Are you really seriously comparing Mosasaurs to Icthyosaurs for your ideas here? By the time the large Mosasaurs appeared, the majority of the Icthyosaurs were nearly extinct or gone by that time. Not to mention they were completely engineered in completely different aspects and ways. Mosasaurs were built to tackle large prey items while Icthyosaurs on the majority with their skull structure could not have achieved the same effect.

7. What other predators did T-Rex have to fight against? Let me see here...other T-Rexes! We have evidence of T-Rexes attacking one another, and quite frankly a T-Rex taking on a T-Rex is a more formidable animal then a T-Rex going up against a Spino or Carcharo. This isn't even including the most heavily armored dinosaur, Ankylosaurus, a walking 7-ton tank behemoth that would've been more formidable of an opponent then any Spinosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus out there. Spinosaurus was not built as a "fighter" as you claimed, that's ridiculous, they are all predators, however the T-Rex with its evolutionary advantages, its jaws which is the main killing weapon of all large theropods being the absolute most potent will make it the victor in the majority of these fights.

@Killemall said:

from found evidence so far researches are leaning towards the fact that Spino would have been the apex predator of his time, simply because it doesn’t have the body structure to go deep water exploring for food and isn’t really build to hunt, the only way it could survive as much as it survived would be relying on stealing other predators food whenever possible. To note is the fact that Spino did share its territory with other giant theropods who were as large as T-rex in size, namely Carchardontosaurus and Deltadormeus, the former of which is actually larger and pretty much has similar build as T-rex."

What people dont generally get is Spinosaurus is indeed build to fight larger dinosaurs, that is how its body structure is. T-rex however is build as a hunter. If this was a hunting contest T-rex would win 10/10, although even fighting T-rex should win the majority if he is smart enough to exploit a weakness (which I doubt).

Its a hunter vs scavanger , something like a Tiger vs a Grizzly

Spinosaurus being at that size would've been both a scavenger and hunter. The idea of completely throwing out the semi-aquatic option is also absurd. In 2009 a skull study of Spinosaurus with X-Ray scans showing pressure receptors that could've been potentially used to detect swimming prey species without seeing them. Not only that but in 2010 they did an Isotopes analysis on the teeth of Spinosaurus and they found that the isotopes were in fact closer to turtles and crocodilians when compared to other large theropod dinosaurs within the same region.

The simple option of "stealing" prey items from other predators as its only form of solution is also pretty false. Bears can't be compared to a Spinosaur is simply because they are omnivores and don't simply rely upon meat as its only source of food. Spinosaurus would've shared a large growth rate when it hit its teens (as evidence from what we are now currently gathering with the growth-rate of multiple dinosaur species) and had it relied upon other predators to provide food for it, then its species would've went extinct quickly.

Spinosaurus body structure in fact was actually more slim in contrast to other large theropod dinosaurs. A Spinosaurus of say 40 feet would've been smaller in mass to a 40 foot Tyrannosaurus Rex, simply because Spinosaurus like its kin had a more slim and narrow body size, much like in comparison to the earlier theropod Dilophosaurus. So in contrast its body structure was not more adapted to fighting other large theropod dinosaurs as you say.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

it's highly debatable a spino could beat t-rex. spino was the last of its lineage, being at the prime of his genus. t-rex was also the last of its lineage except if it weren't for the extinction it probably might've evolved further into v-rex. v-rex max sizes reach 70 feet in comparison to the largest spino estimates 60 feet. it was bulkier, stockier and stronger plus an apex predator whereas spino was mainly a fisher. tyrannosaurids were also smarter than spinosaurids therefore scientifically v-rex should beat spino easily like a herbivore.

even judging by the movie, v-rex had a much bigger stockier skull than spino, arguably bigger size plus it has an armored hide that would protect against those claws. when v-rex falls and stumbles it seemed fine, when spino falls its spines connecting to its vertebrate will break.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A T.rex could beat a Spino, a V.rex is just overkill.

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spino's feats in J3 are PIS. Vastatosaurus Rex in a stomp.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rex stomps. Lock this.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Er no, the Spinosauraus could wins this it has ling arms with knife like claws, the V-rex has to get in close to do any real damage, whereas the Spino has the long arm reach.

IMO, Spinosaurus 6/10