bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow this is rather interesting, @jwwprod What you think. Although his battle needs to be better formatted but still, thoughts?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: All you need is Kill. I thought you knew this army or I would of never tagged you. XD

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp said:

@jwwprod: All you need is Kill. I thought you knew this army or I would of never tagged you. XD

What? you mean that Japanese novel/manga that the film Edge of Tomorrow was based off?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MErulezall

@jwwprod: Yes thats were the UDF.

Also as for the battle movie versions could go either way, Novel versions prolly arachnids due to sheer numbers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78
deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: No, from the Japanese comics/novel "all you need is kill."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78
deactivated-5bb7f2e29af78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Regardless, who you think wins?

Avatar image for harbingerofmomz
Harbingerofmomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking arachnids both rounds. Only reason the UDF did as well as they did was because of the whole time loop thing, they won't have that luxury against the arachnids not to mention the arachnids have some pretty heavy duty fire power.

Danikerhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UDF, considering that infantry is superior to starship troopers.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut your thoughts?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: I have only seen the movie version of UDF, but the Arachnids win the movie version fairly easily. 'Empire' on 'Empire' they chuck an asteroid and blow up earth. Teleport everyone to earth and the Arachnids overwhelm them in short order. The armed forces of the UDF weren't all that large and their amphibious assault was poorly planned, at best while, unlike the UDF's foes, the Arachnids have flying units, artillery and burrowing 'tanks' giving them far more options then the UDF's enemy in the movie had. They would be so outnumbered it wouldn't be funny.

@jwwprod I didn't know who they were at first either. XD

@danikerhino: Superior to movie versions. Book Mobile Infantry lawl stomps the UDF into the ground. Novel MI are power armored grasshoper-like jumping soldiers who drop nukes on people. Those guys are insane in the membrane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: you do realize novel version/comic version UDF fire rounds heavier than 20mm, cause their foes only get "annoyed" by 20mm rounds hitting them, they have to be hit by heavier rounds. I dont think the MI novel fire that heavy of rounds, although I do recall both having aimbot, and in the novel UDF does have artillery, air, etc. Ik MI got nukes and stuff, but as a whole infantry pure infantry, they are about even or slightly leaning towards UDF infantry

Also, feats

Their armor

Weaponry,

The spike the only deadly weapon towards their foes the mimics ofc,

For one of the main characters they wield a 400+ pound ax

and swings it just fine,

Said blows can do meh to the armor,

Granted this isn't all the feats, but overall just an idea,

UDF is out numbered and I agree Arachnids do win through sheer numbers, but they are still noteworthy imo.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: you do realize novel version/comic version UDF fire rounds heavier than 20mm, cause their foes only get "annoyed" by 20mm rounds hitting them, they have to be hit by heavier rounds. I dont think the MI novel fire that heavy of rounds, although I do recall both having aimbot, and in the novel UDF does have artillery, air, etc. Ik MI got nukes and stuff, but as a whole infantry pure infantry, they are about even or slightly leaning towards UDF infantry

For this thread, I am only talking about movies, however, novel MI one member of each squad is given multiple tactical nukes... which they DROP as they jump kilometers over their enemies. They don't deploy their squads in tight formations, they spread out a single squad over multiple kilometers.

Novel MI are bullcrap.

Some Feats:

Their Rocket Launchers/Hand Flamers (they all have them, although, only the officers have nuke warheads)

"They were miles outside the area we were sweeping, but one rule of a smash & run is to expend at least half your ammo outside your sweep area

That left me with nothing to worry about for twenty seconds, so I jumped up on the building nearest me, raised the launcher to my shoulder, found the target and pulled the first trigger to let the rocket have a look at its target - pulled the second trigger and kissed it on its way, jumped back to the ground. ...

And did so myself, hopping over the next row of buildings, and, while I was in the air, fanning the first row by the river front with a hand flamer. ... As I hit, the -rack on my shoulders launched two small HE bombs a couple of hundred yards each way to my right and left flanks but I never saw what they did as just then my first rocket hit - that unmistakable (if you've ever seen one) brilliance of an atomic explosion. It was just a peewee, of course, less than two kilotons nominal yield, with tamper and implosion squeeze to produce results from less-than-critical mass - but then who wants to be bunk mates with a cosmic catastrophe? It was enough to clean off that hilltop and make everybody in the city take shelter against fallout." - Pg. 13 Starship Troopers

Said launcher can be set to automatic (so the wearer doesn't have to worry about aiming)

"I set the Y-rack launcher on automatic and let it lob a couple of little bombs every time I hit." - Pg. 15 Starship Troopers

Their suits:

"A suit isn't a space suit - although it can serve as one. It is not primarily armor - although the Knights of the Round Table were not armored as well as we are. It isn't a tank - but a single MI private could take on a squadron of those things and knock them off unassisted if anybody was silly enough to put tanks against the MI. A suit is not a ship but it can fly, a little - on the other hand neither spaceships nor atmosphere craft can fight against a man in a suit except by saturation bombing of the area he is in (like burning down a house to get one flea!). Contrariwise, we can do many things that no ship - air, submersible, or space - can do.

No need to describe what it looks like, since it has been pictured so often. Suited up, you look like a big steel gorilla, armed with gorilla-sized weapons. ...

But the suits are considereably stronger than a gorilla. If an MI in a suit swapped hugs with a gorilla, the gorilla would be dead, crushed; the MI and the suit wouldn't be mussed.

The "muscles," the pseudo-musculature, get all the publicity but it's the control of all that power which merits it. The real genius in the design is that you don't have to control the suit; you just wear it, like your clothes, like skin. Any sort of ship you have to learn to pilot; it takes a long time, a new full set of reflexes, a different and artificial way of thinking. Even riding a bicycle demands an acquired skill, very different from walking, whereas a spaceship - oh, brother! I won't live that long. Spaceships are for acrobats who are also mathematicians.

But a suit you just wear.

Two thousand pounds of it, maybe, in full kit - yet the very first time you are fitted into one you can immediately walk, run, jump, lie down, pick up an egg without breaking it (takes a trifle of practice, but anything improves with practice), dance a jig (if you can dance a jig, that is,without a suit) - and jump right over the house next door and come down to a feather landing.

The secret lies in negative feedback and amplification.

... I can do field maintenance and field repairs and check off the three hundred and forty-seven items from "cold" to ready to wear, and that's all a dumb MI is expected to do. ...

But here's how it works, minus the diagrams. The inside of the suit is a mass of pressure receptors, hundreds of them. You push with the heel of your hand; the suit feels it, amplifies it, pushes with you to take the pressure off the receptors that gave the order to push. ...

The suit has feedback which causes it to match any motion you make, exactly - but with great force.

Controlled force ... force controlled without your having to think about it. You jump, that heavy suit jumps, but higher than you can jump in your skin. Jump really hard and the suit's jets cut in, amplifying what the suit's leg "muscles" did, giving you a three-jet shove, the axis of pressure of which passes through your center of mass. So you jump over that house next door. Which makes you come down as fast as you went up ... which the suit notes through your proximity & closing gear (a sort of simple-minded radar resembling a proximity fuse) and therefore cuts in the jets again just the right amount to cushion your landing without your having to think about it.

Your "eyes" and your "ears" are rigged to help you without cluttering up your attention, too. Say you have three audio circuits, common in a marauder suit. The frequency control to maintain tactical security is very complex, at least two frequencies for each circuit both of which are necessary for any signal at all and each of which wobbles under the control of a cesium clock timed to a micromicrosecond with the other end - but all this is no problem of yours. You want circuit A to your squad leader, you bite down once - for circuit B, bite down twice - and so on. The mike is taped to your throat, the plugs are in your ears and can't be jarred out; just talk. Besides that, outside mikes on each side of your helmet give you biaural hearing for your immediate surroundings just as if your head were bare - or you can suppress any noisy neighbors and not miss what your platoon leader is saying simply by turning your head.

Since your head is the one part of your body not involved in the pressure receptors controlling the suit's muscles, you use your head - your jaw muscles, your chin, your neck - to switch things for you and thereby leave your hands free to fight. A chin plate handles all visual displays the way the jaw switch handles the audios. All displays are thrown on a mirror in front of your forehead from where the work is actually going on above and back of your head. All this helmet gear makes you look like a hydrocephalic gorilla but, with luck, the enemy won't live long enough to be offended by your appearance, and it is a very convenient arrangement; you can flip through your several types of radar displays quicker than you can change channels to avoid a commercial - catch a range & bearing, locate your boss, check your flank men, whatever.

If you toss your head like a horse bothered by a fly, your infrared snoopers go up on your forehead - toss it again, they come back down. If you let go of your rocket launcher, the suit snaps it back until you need it again. No point in discussing water nipples, air supply, gyros, etc - the point to all the arrangements is the same: to leave you free to follow your trade, slaughter.

... You practice jumping because, while you do it with a completely natural motion, you jump higher, faster, farther, and stay up longer. The last alone calls for a new orientation; those secconds in the air can be used - seconds are jewels beyond price in combat. While off the ground in a jump, you can get a range & bearing, pick a target, talk & receive, fire a weapon, reload, decide to jump again without landing and override your automatics to cut in the jets again. ...

There are three main types of MI armor: marauder, command, and scout. Scout suits are very fast and very long-range, but lightly armed. Command suits are heavy on go juice and jump juice, are fast and can jump high; they have three times as much comm & radar gear as other suits, and a dead-reckoning tracker, inertial. Marauders are for those guys in the ranks with the sleepy look - the executioners." - Pg. 80 Fantasy and Science Fiction

Each platoon covers roughly this much land on their own:

"I was responsible for 680 square miles of hostile terrain and I wanted very badly to find out all I could before my own squads were deep into it." - Pg. 179 Starship Troopers

Yeah.... You don't really want to go up against the MI infantry.. you would want to leave that to jets (which really should have no issue) or supported combined arms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Ik im well aware of what they do lol, hence why I said if we had dropped the nukes XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Nah, even without the nukes, IM are pretty crazy. You need some serious combined arms to beat them, or, some nice heavy weaponry. I wouldn't count 20mm assault rifles as heavy weaponry. Although what manga do these UDF fellows come from? Looks neat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: All you need is kill, and they have heavier weaponry how u think they beat the mimics? Did u not see the javs they carry? lol

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: Kill? Wait, is that seriously the name? I was wondering if this was Gantz or something. Heard about that, haven't read it.

They beat Mimics with their machineguns, well, in the movie they did. Which would work against Arachnids just fine, but Arachnids get pwned by novel MI. It was just their insane breeding rate that was the issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: no "All you need is kill"

Comics as stated in the thing, they only but annoy the mimics, they dont kill them with it.

as stated thee ONLY way to kill them is with this,

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Lol wait, what? I am sorry, but... what? ..... That is... really dumb. XD Is it the fact that it is tungsten that does it? Or the caliber? Because if so, a larger weapon could do it, or any weapon made of tungsten.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Its a big a-- spike that is launched LOL think of it as,

but much bigger XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Then many other weapons can do the job, that is just the best they could do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I understand that, but what I was saying was they pack heavier firepower than just a 20mm assault rifle. Lets not forget they carry 3 rockets as well and as I said the 57mm Jav

Again UDF is fighting mimics though which can cross 100m in a heartbeat, immune to basically everything below 40mm AP and fire large spikes as well. I see the Arachnids are yes a threat, but still lol mimics are no joke

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: A 57m Jav is fairly small. The smallest missile a Apache carries, for instance, is a 70mm rocket. ^_- Really, it seems like the scientist of their world and weapons developers are just lazy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: but for a person carrying is....... along with 3 rockets....and a 20mm weapon.... LOL Come on wut I aint talking about tanks here, I'm talking about a human carrying all that stuff lol and still moving fast enough to keep up with mimics ( btw i added to my post up above )

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: Given tanks usually carry missiles in the 200mm range.... ^_-, the Hydra 70 isn't big and an infantryman in that armor can certainly carry three of them especially if they have the armor, which I am assuming is powered or special, that the UDF has. Just pointing out it is less the Mimics being nigh-unkillable and just the weapon scientist of the UDF are lazy and don't like to work.

(Nah, I didn't say the Mimics were weak, mind, and as for this thread via the Arachnids vs UDF, I am only talk about both their movie versions [Although, three versions of MI exist. Novel, animation and movies])

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Fair enough, I'm just saying the mass production vs actual good weaponry, why go any higher if what u have right at the moment is all u got to kill them for now. They were winning the war at a very fast pace, so yeah they didnt adapt any higher for Mass production due to whats his face basically winning the war for them.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: O.o but what about his inner dialogue about that being the only weapon that could harm them? Seems rather limited, although if they were winning, then yeah, isn't as big an issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Mimics were winning hard, they literally did what the Chimera did, but did it in like 10 secs lol. Like I said its the only thing as an infantry soldier that could harm the mimics as the mimics were immune to anything short of 40mm which would harm, but not necessary kill. Which as a whole unless I see some higher end at least assault rifles the UDF MIGHT stand a chance against taking on the arachnids, but do realize the UDF seen in the novel and manga is part of it, kinda like part of the invasion we saw in Edge of Tomorrow

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: They don't seem to be that much alike, at least the novel/manga guys saw how useful full covering armor could be. ^_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Yes because when the mimics die they release nanobots, so they neeed a full armored suit, and I wasn't referring to the movie, I meant everything so far from the novel not the movie. lol Movie was weak we went over this XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Come on, the movie was decent.. Wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Movie was excellent, 9/10 for me, the characters, plot, everything much better than the last ten years of alien invasions. However, as for gear wise they lack it like the MI did in the movie, but not as bad