Hercules (from Greek mythology) vs Kratos

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is Hercules as seen in Greek mythology vs Kratos as seen in the last game. No prep, in character, full gear, they fight in a field.

Round 1

Speed is equalized

Round 2

Speed is not equalized

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme said:

This is Hercules as seen in Greek mythology vs Kratos as seen in the last game. No prep, in character, full gear, they fight in a field.

Round 1

Speed is equalized

Round 2

Speed is not equalized

what's different from greek myth herc, compared to game herc that kratos kicked the shit out of...?

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: what's different from greek myth herc, compared to game herc that kratos kicked the shit out of...?

-Hercules held up the world for most of a day

-Hercules caught the Golden Doe, which could outrun an arrow. This was after chasing it for years without stopping.

-Hercules has a lion cloak that is invulnerable (except to the lion's own claw)

-Hercules's arrows are dipped in hydra blood, which can kill any mortal thing and has incapacitated immortal beings

-Beat up a river god and wrestled on equal ground with Ares and Apollo.

-Dragged a giant to a different country so that it would die

Yeah, probably shouldn't compare them.

-

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme said:

@w0nd: what's different from greek myth herc, compared to game herc that kratos kicked the shit out of...?

-Hercules held up the world for most of a day

-Hercules caught the Golden Doe, which could outrun an arrow. This was after chasing it for years without stopping.

-Hercules has a lion cloak that is invulnerable (except to the lion's own claw)

-Hercules's arrows are dipped in hydra blood, which can kill any mortal thing and has incapacitated immortal beings

-Beat up a river god and wrestled on equal ground with Ares and Apollo.

-Dragged a giant to a different country so that it would die

Yeah, probably shouldn't compare them.

-

So then how would Kratos beat someone who has those skills?

( I am not being sarcastic, I actually don't know so figured I might as well learn something)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Kratos pounds his head in again.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: My logic is that Kratos is much faster than Hercules, more versatile and has better range. When Kratos shoots his arrows it looks like a machine gun is being fired. The sandals of Hermes would help a lot too. One hit from Hercules and Kratos is done, but I'm not sure the Hercules could hit him at all. Also, Hercules isn't amune to blinding light or having his soul ripped out.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kratos can win, if he uses Blade of Olympus he can.

Without it i think he loses, maybe Blade of Artemis works as well.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme said:

@eyedcyou: Care to elaborate?

lol probably saw the cutscene in the game and just did that reenactment, but apparently the game one was depowered a lot

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: You have no idea. Nearly everyone in that game is depowered. In the actual mythology, gods cannot die no matter what happens to them unless the willingly give up their immortality. Lots of thing bothered me about the game, but I'm a mythology fanboy and it was still fun in the end, so I have no right to complain.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme: I know Gods can't be killed in real mythology, I've taken some classes on the subject. But Kratos (from GoW at least) does not exist in Greek mythology, so to compare them in two different universes is a bit tough. I just said bash his head in from the great moment in GoW3 where you press circle forever until Herc has a bit of a headache. I love mythology as well, but GoW is my favorite game of all time, so my view is probably a bit Kratos favored. But if someone could take Herc it would probably be Kratos...he's been a God, and he's slain the fates and Cronos as well. Probably the best way to make this fight even would be to have it be either God Kratos vs. God Hercules (for KO), or Mortal vs. Mortal.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: lol I've beaten them all multiple times, it's my favorite franchise. And yes the God's are powered down (since they should be immortal,) but nothing is impossible in Mythology, so killing a god could be possible I suppose.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme: @eyedcyou: So in actual myth, when the gods "fought" what was the point they couldn't die

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Most of the time when they "fought", they weren't actually like punching each other. A lot of wars were fought through mortals, such as the Trojan war. A lot of the God's favored a side or a certain hero. But if the gods did actually fight each other, it was mainly just a power thing.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: They either put each other in divine prisons or trapped each other in some sort of torture for eternity, such as having your liver eaten for all time, having your face melted off for all time or holding up the weight of the world for all time. It would probably be better to be able to die.

whoisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisme: @w0nd: Most of the time when they "fought", they weren't actually like punching each other. A lot of wars were fought through mortals, such as the Trojan war. A lot of the God's favored a side or a certain hero. But if the gods did actually fight each other, it was mainly just a power thing.

Also this

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: @whoisme: Alright thanks guys lol. I know some of the stories, but media contradicts it so some of it is skewed for me.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos does have some fancy weaps, but without them i think mythological Herc whoops his ass. It's a tough one, that's for sure.