Hal Jordan vs. Kyle Rayner (lantern battle)

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

Hal Jordan vs Kyle Rayner

new 52 versions for both characters

standard versions for characters

fight starts in space

win by KO or death

who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dondave

@Clark_EL:White Lantern Kyle stomps, even the Guardians admitted they couldn't beat him

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Clark_EL

@dondave: Sorry I need to edit it...it's just the standard versions for the characters.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

well right now Hals dead and Kyle has all the powers so i'd say Kyle... but if Hals not dead he takes it. the entire Green Lantern story is unchanged so even is you said pre or post flashpoint i would say Hal due to sheer will power.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By New_World_Order

Hal has always been slightly superior in my opinion.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MethoKi

Kyle

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Clark_EL

@AllStarSuperman: It's the standard versions for the characters so Kyle does not have his entire emotional spectrum powers. Also Hal is this thread is not dead.

@Batman242: Why?

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Epicbeast3000

Isn't Kyle stronger, I always thought that Kyle and Alan were the most powerful lanterns, Hal right behind them and John was just some weak ass.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Epicbeast3000 said:

Isn't Kyle stronger, I always thought that Kyle and Alan were the most powerful lanterns, Hal right behind them and John was just some weak ass.

Alan is the most powerful but he's technically not a green lantern. Hal is then next because he has the greatest will power. then Kyle because he has the best imagination. then john becuase hes was in the military and is the best flyer. then Guy because he is stupid and annoying.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clark_EL

@Epicbeast3000: I always thought Hal was more powerful than Kyle under normal circumstances.

What about new 52?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I think Kyle should win

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Killemall

@AllStarSuperman said:

Alan is the most powerful but he's technically not a green lantern. Hal is then next because he has the greatest will power. then Kyle because he has the best imagination. then john becuase hes was in the military and is the best flyer. then Guy because he is stupid and annoying.

I dont recall anything that would suggest Hal has better will power than Kyle really, after all Kyle actually has better feats and done things no one else seem to have done. Like arranging a solar system of 9 planet during JLA: Heaven's Ladder, re-directing a quantum blast , containing multiple black holes, containing Supernova, reacting to 7 times the speed of light, busting a planet (via a plot device).

Maybe its just me, but Kyle has always seemed superior to me. Also his ring has always been special.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@Clark_EL: Most people say kyle is more powerful, but I dont know too much about green lanterns.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Killemall said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

I dont recall anything that would suggest Hal has better will power than Kyle really, after all Kyle actually has better feats and done things no one else seem to have done. Like arranging a solar system of 9 planet during JLA: Heaven's Ladder, re-directing a quantum blast , containing multiple black holes, containing Supernova, reacting to 7 times the speed of light, busting a planet (via a plot device).

Maybe its just me, but Kyle has always seemed superior to me. Also his ring has always been special.

yeah but Hals the original and my favorite so he wins... Just kidding. Hal was able to kill Krona though thats a huge feat right?

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By JamesKM716

Hal should win in a Lantern fight.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clark_EL

@Epicbeast3000: I know a lot of people who say Hal...

In a way it's like Superman vs. Thor it could go either way everyone has tier opinion on who would win.

@Killemall: This is new 52

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Killemall

@AllStarSuperman said:

yeah but Hals the original and my favorite so he wins... Just kidding. Hal was able to kill Krona though thats a huge feat right?

It is, but it smelled PISy to some extent, specially given Krona had Ion entity, along with so many others, still he doesnt drain Hal, and how do you kill someone who is controlling Ion, Parallax, Butcher and all other entity 0_o.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall

@Clark_EL said:

@Killemall: This is new 52

Green Lantern continuity, apart from their appearences in JLA, is unaffected by the Retcon. They are plenty of reference to War of Light story arc, which happens pre New 52 throughout Green Lantern Book, we even see Krona after the battle killed and now imprisoned by Atrocitus.

New 52 doesnt change anything as far as i am concerned.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@Clark_EL: Okay, so they are pretty much equal.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@AllStarSuperman: It was sort of a pis

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Killemall said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

It is, but it smelled PISy to some extent, specially given Krona had Ion entity, along with so many others, still he doesnt drain Hal, and how do you kill someone who is controlling Ion, Parallax, Butcher and all other entity 0_o.

but didnt he kill krona threw sheer willpower. is that why the gaurdians took his ring away, cause hes to powerful?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

Hal would win, of course.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Clark_EL

@Epicbeast3000: Yeah

@Killemall: OK, but aren't their constructs weaker?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Clark_EL

@WillPayton: Really? Why?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Killemall

@Clark_EL said:

@Killemall: OK, but aren't their constructs weaker?

Not really, Green Lantern constructs were always breakable by Superman level beings, has happened so rather consistently throughout their continuity, noteably seen in their fight against Superman level beings. Black Adam has broken it, Superman has broken it, Mongul has broken it, Major Force has broken it, Captain Atom has broken it.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Killemall

@AllStarSuperman said:

but didnt he kill krona threw sheer willpower. is that why the gaurdians took his ring away, cause hes to powerful?

He used his will power to over-ride the restriction on a GL ring that prevent the ring from directly attacking the guardians. Guardians took his ring away because they felt he has always been a lose cannon, as he went Parallax at one point, and now he killed a Guardian and broke Guardian sacred rules.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By willpayton

@Clark_EL said:

@WillPayton: Really? Why?

Hal would win because he has more willpower and determination. Kyle is more creative in his constructs, but that wont give him the win against someone like Hal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Now if I'm not mistaken, Kyle's only experience in hand to hand combat is derived from small sparring sessions with Batman, whereas Hal is an expert boxer courtesy of his training as an Air Force pilot. I think this difference in fighting skill could determine the victor, as Kyle and Hal are bound to run out of juice eventually, because they'll be hurling constructs and energy blasts at each other. I think when the rings run out, the two will engage in a short unarmed battle in which Hal finally defeats Kyle.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Clark_EL

@WillPayton: OK thanks

Hey I have a couple questions:

1). What are each Human Green Lantern's strength mainly Hal, Kyle, John...you already stated Kyle and Hal, but what are John's strenghts.

2). Do you know each of their best constructs?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Killemall said:

@AllStarSuperman said:

He used his will power to over-ride the restriction on a GL ring that prevent the ring from directly attacking the guardians. Guardians took his ring away because they felt he has always been a lose cannon, as he went Parallax at one point, and now he killed a Guardian and broke Guardian sacred rules.

yeah thats what i thought. im pretty sure hal could take kyle because of more wll power.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Clark_EL

@Killemall: OK I've heard Hal is a lot weaker I disagreed I'm glad I have another supporter :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Clark_EL said:

1). What are each Human Green Lantern's strength mainly Hal, Kyle, John...you already stated Kyle and Hal, but what are John's strenghts.

John's constructs are extremely intricate and well designed, stemming from his career as an architect.

Hal's best construct was definitely his recreation of Coast City, but for offensive purposes, his best construct is probably the boxing glove.

Kyle's best construct was the safe he made to keep Solaris in, but his best offensive construct was the electric chair he electrocuted Major Force in.

Hope this answers your questions, regardless of whether or not it was me you were asking.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Killemall

@Clark_EL said:

@Killemall: OK I've heard Hal is a lot weaker I disagreed I'm glad I have another supporter :)

Barring the comics that has come out this week, i am pretty sure i have read ever Hal appearence in New 52 certainly dont see why he one would think he would look weaker.

Next time you have this argument, could you do me a favor and link me to the debate, i would love to see why someone thinks Hal is weaker, maybe i am missing something.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sync1

Hal's will is stronger. Therefore Hal should win.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Killemall

@Shiryu said:

Now if I'm not mistaken, Kyle's only experience in hand to hand combat is derived from small sparring sessions with Batman, whereas Hal is an expert boxer courtesy of his training as an Air Force pilot. I think this difference in fighting skill could determine the victor, as Kyle and Hal are bound to run out of juice eventually, because they'll be hurling constructs and energy blasts at each other. I think when the rings run out, the two will engage in a short unarmed battle in which Hal finally defeats Kyle.

As far as Pre New 52 is concerned, Kyle had a special ring and his ring doesnt normally run out of charge. After all his was the first ring that was immune to yellow.

@AllStarSuperman said:

yeah thats what i thought. im pretty sure hal could take kyle because of more wll power.

Fair enough, although in that regards Simon Baz might be a monster with will power as he did something which was said to be impossible to do via GL ring, heal a guy out of his coma.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Killemall said:

@Shiryu said:

As far as Pre New 52 is concerned, Kyle had a special ring and his ring doesnt normally run out of charge. After all his was the first ring that was immune to yellow.

@AllStarSuperman said:

Fair enough, although in that regards Simon Baz might be a monster with will power as he did something which was said to be impossible to do via GL ring, heal a guy out of his coma.

altough ive barely read simon baz i think there probably up playing him cause hes new

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Clark_EL
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Clark_EL

@Shiryu: Wait I thought John was a marine.

Thanks for you help.

The boxing glove is his best hmmm seems kind of weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Clark_EL: John was a marine, but when he became a Green Lantern he had been working as an architect.

As far as the Hal boxing glove construct, it's been his go to construct for a while now. I didn't really know what else he's done as far as weaponizing constructs.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By willpayton

@Clark_EL said:

These scans does a great job of summarizing each of Earth's Lanterns' strengths. Hal is about precision and efficiency. He has the most willpower and one of him main traits is his ability to overcome fear.

Actually, in the Silver Age, Hal used to say that he didnt have fear at all, and his willpower was infinite. Back then the ring could do whatever the wearer wanted, as long as he had enough willpower.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Clark_EL

@Shiryu: He's used swords, fighter jets, Gatling guns, missile launchers etc.

Also I just realized John has also used many marine weapons.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Clark_EL

@WillPayton: Thanks

Hal is awesome, but still do you know what his best construct is?

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By obscurefan

I've always liked Kyle, but if we're only letting him use his Green Lantern powers and not the other ones he's acquired, and its the New 52 versions of them, then I'd have to go with Hal simply because Kyle's only had his ring for a short while in the comics now, so I think Hal's experience would help pull him ahead.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Clark_EL

@obscurefan: Ok, Thanks

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By willpayton

@Clark_EL said:

Hal has re-created all of Coast City as a construct. He's created constructs to hold the Earth while he and Superman moved it. On occasion he also creates weapons like swords and armor, Gatling guns, jet fighters, and even a huge nuclear bomb to take out Superman one time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Clark_EL

@WillPayton: cool do you have the other scans?, it's OK if you don't

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By willpayton

@Clark_EL said:

@WillPayton: cool do you have the other scans?, it's OK if you don't

I got these:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By willpayton

@Clark_EL said:

Here's Hal creating an army of GLs to fight for him. People really underestimate how good Hal's constructs are, just because he tries to be more efficient with them. There's no point in wasting time and energy making overly complex constructs when you can just focus your thought and power into simple ones. But that doesnt mean he cant make complex and amazing ones.

No Caption Provided
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Clark_EL

@WillPayton: Thanks you're a huge help

If it's not to much to ask do you have the Gatling gun one?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By willpayton

@Clark_EL said:

@WillPayton: Thanks you're a huge help

If it's not to much to ask do you have the Gatling gun one?

Nope.