User Lists: 1

Katana stomps.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Katana's blade is too hax for her. Even a single scratch is deadly.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana's blade is too hax for her. Even a single scratch is deadly.

Where are you getting this from. That was not shown in the movie at all.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: it was stated by the boyfriend of Enchantress that it is really haxxed. Can trap the souls of people it cuts.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought they were joking when they said Katana's sword traps the souls of her victims lol

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AkshSarpanch

@nfactor1995: why would they be joking? He was clearly warning them.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Katana.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: it was stated by the boyfriend of Enchantress that it is really haxxed. Can trap the souls of people it cuts.

That isn't what was said. It said it traps the souls of its victims. It never said it could trap peoples souls by simply cutting them. That was absolutely never said.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana, but I disagree on the "single scratch" thing.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana easily.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana but I'm sure you have to kill the victim to trap their soul. Other wise she could've solod the witch with a scratch

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Katana

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana stomps. Her combat speed outclasses Elektra exponentially, and I'd say she's got skill locked down handily too. Her sword will cut through basically anything, so Elektra's blade's gonna be like butter. Plus there's the whole "Soul Trapping" deal. The Soultaker Sword just makes this incredibly uneven.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backing Elektra here, way more feats against combatants of a higher calibre than Eye-Fodder and Japanese mafia?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

I feel like I missed something because I didn't see Katana do much of anything. When he said it'll cut through anything I don't think we should take that literally. I fully believe it traps souls (but it needs to kill, not simply wound), but even a regular katana people often say it'll 'cut through anything' in hyperbole.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MK39
GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: She was fast enough to deflect multiple blows from Enchantress while she port spammed, dodged a boomerang thrown by Cap and nearly killed him, and was cutting through hordes of those fodder soldiers.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: She was fast enough to deflect multiple blows from Enchantress while she port spammed, dodged a boomerang thrown by Cap and nearly killed him, and was cutting through hordes of those fodder soldiers.

Yeah but when she (Enchantress) wanted that fight over it was over, she didn't want to kill any of them and that was made quite clear. Not saying it's a worthless feat, but it's not that impressive. The rest also aren't particularly impressive because Boomerang also seemed pretty unimpressive to me. Then again, Elektra wasn't impressive either.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra. Katana didn't do anything special.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By mickey-mouse

Wow...people are wanking Katana almost as much as people wank MCU cap...

I said almost...

Elektra stomps. Y'all are stretching what that sword can do. She didn't fight any main characters(by herself)..the sword traps the souls of people it kills..not cuts. WTF..use your brain if it trapped the souls of people it cuts then what about when Harley used it on Enchanctress. Derp...

Gamingod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana lolstomp

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lowballing is real lol. Katana chopped up some goo monsters and did some cool tricks but Elektra is no slouch. I'd back her in this until we see more of Katana if she ever makes another appearance.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana utterly disgustingly stomps Ms. Nacho cheese

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DSTREET45

I honestly don't remember anyone but Deadshot, Diablo, and Croc doing anything special in the movie and with Croc that's just because he had generic Metahuman strength.

I think Elektra gets a bad rap due to how she fought the Yakuza at the train tracks. She's not exactly one of the most skilled Live-Action character but the way most people talk about her she might as well just be fodder.

Elektra's feats:

-Carries the load during the first fight with the Hand (Matt had trouble tracking them). Elektra was doing well against multiple Hand ninjas until Matt distracted her.

-Kills Jacques Duchamp, a Chaste assassin Stick sent. Fast enough to kick a glass bottle after it was thrown towards her in close range. Had the upper-hand for most of the fight and once he brought out sais Elektra quickly disarmed and stabbed him with them in two moves.

-Defeats three Chaste members in H2H as a child as part of her training. Stick had to stop her from killing one of them. That same one attacked Elektra later and she killed him.

-Fights Stick to a stalemate (interrupted by Matt). Had the upper-hand for most of the onscreen fight. Stick was so battle worn he couldn't defend himself from a couple of Hand ninjas later and got kidnapped.

-Killed a few Hand ninjas.

Katana killed some of the fodder monsters Enchantress created but IIRC they weren't pretty impressive (they kinda just swarmed their way to victory). IIRC her performance against Enchantress wasn't really that stand out compared to the others so I'll side with Elektra for the time being. The Hand at least were OK fodder and the Chaste were implied to be skilled fighters.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nerdchore

Elektrall

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katana also cut off the hand of incubus, which leads me to believe that it'll go through a couple of sai as well.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Elektra.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maiamaku said:

Katana also cut off the hand of incubus, which leads me to believe that it'll go through a couple of sai as well.

Incubus's durability was poor as hell, he died from that bomb.

maiamaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: he appeared to be made of metal, and what killed incubus would destroy sai as well lol

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DSTREET45

FYI bad quality gifs and spoilers ahead people.

@ashrym said:

@dstreet45: None of those seem as impressive as Katana's reactions to Enchantress in that fight

Just watched the fight again. And this is pretty much all of Katana's contribution to the entire fight (1), (2), (3). She barely did anything and what little she did, she did while Enchantress was attacking other people. The one time Enchantress actually fought Katana solo, Katana was dropped pretty quickly.

So no I don't think Katana's 14 seconds worth of feats against Enchantress was considerably impressive considering Katana didn't even mount a decent enough defense, landed any hits, fought evenly with Enchantress or really anything that shows that her reacting to Enchantress was impressive.

or her ability to cut of metal dude's hand when said metal dude caught and tore a part a train or ripped helicopters from the sky.

Yet didn't cut through another katana during that flashback sequence showing why she was almost late to the helicopter ride to Midway. Nor did it cut through Enchantress's swords that couldn't cut through Deadshot's guns or Captain Boomerang's boomerangs. If it didn't cut through those I don't see why it's do anything to Elektra's sai.

Katana's feats were against ancient powers and Elektra's were against some street level fodder.

And? Katana didn't do anything that couldn't already be done with people with less impressive melee feats than her own, even by people from her own team.

The fodder comment goes both ways even though one set was trained assassins and the other was metamorphed monsters.

Except that the Hand ninjas have a few feats that made at least a few of them dangerous. The monsters pretty much used a number advantage.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DSTREET45

@ashrym said:

@dstreet45: Katana was reacting to and blocking Enchantress while other members of her team were not during that fight while other members of the team were send flying much more easily. Combat showing against an ancient power worshiped as a god who demonstrated skill against other squad members > the opponents Elektra faced. It'll be easier to show when I get the blu-ray.

Yeah no, she didn't fare much better than the rest of the squad if at all. Harley tripped her and dodged her attack, Flag reacted to her attacks, Deadshot was able to do the same (hell he was sliding and still had time to block an attack heading towards Flag) and even landed a punch, Captain Boomerang was also able to block and hold her swords back when she was pinning him long enough for Croc to grab her from behind. EVERYBODY reacted to Enchantress. When Enchantress wanted the fight over, it was over.

If anything Deadshot was the MVP on the team in that fight.

Edit:

And it's not like Enchantress was regularly teleporting while fighting and Katana immediately reacted to her teleporting. When Enchantress teleported to attack the group, Katana didn't react until after Enchantress attacked someone else from the group first. First it was Deadshot and Flag by then Katana attacked with the others, second time it was Deadshot again who blocked her then attacked once while Deadshot was fighting her, then it was Boomerang who also blocked and her back long enough for Croc to step in, then it was after Croc threw her and she immediately disarmed the team with magic. 2 out of 3 of Katana attacks came from when Enchantress was fighting everyone else.

And nothing Katana didn't accomplish anything against Enchantress. She missed twice in the first gif I posted, she attacked while Enchantress was fighting Deadshot and either had her attack blocked or missed (hard to tell with the quality) in the second gif, then has her attacks blocked and was quickly dropped in the third gif. So what part of anything in those 14 seconds was impressive? She never dodged Enchantress and the only time Enchantress actually bothered to attack her Katana was dropped just like the others were at some point in the fight.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Katana is superior, Elektra by feats though.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone so impressed with Katana again?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Elektra.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly nobody but Deadshot, Diablo, and Croc were anything special in the Squad and with Croc that's only because he had generic Metahuman strength.

I'd wait until Katana gets real feats outside of chopping generic fodder or getting out performed by Deadshot when they fought Enchantress in CQC. As is Elektra takes this without question.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite. Katana was boring and weak

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the_stegman  Moderator

Lol, Katana still has no feats. Wasted character.