• 148 results
inchiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By inchiso

I was watching justice league new game trailer and superman punches flash, do u think flash survived or dead?

Skip to 1:25 to see superman punch flash

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shawnbaby

@inchiso said:

I was watching justice league new game trailer and superman punches flash, do u think flash survived or dead?

Skip to 1:25 to see superman punch flash

Well...considering its a fighting game everyone will be completely equalized.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Only in a fighting game.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Vrakmul

Assuming the Game is balanced. I personally think it's going to be decidedly not. I'm not expecting the next super smash brothers.

Mina319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mina319

Maybe one or two..............if superman is in a good mood

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigcimmerian

Better question would be, can Batman take Flash punch?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ximpossibrux

@Mina319 said:

Maybe one or two..............if superman is in a good mood

In the comic nah.

Literally a flick from Superman would explode Flash's head, but it's a fighting game.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Aiden Cross

Seeing as Batman kicked Grundy through a building, he'd be fine :p

Kablamicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kablamicus

They say there will be a reason in the story to why for example nightwing can take on superman.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bo88gdan

Flash dies

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crabtree

Flash would die. He's just a human.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsterStomp

Superman can break the Flashes nose with a flick.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PlasticBag

Flash would die in New 52 Supes flicked the Flash and sent him flying.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Zoom

Wally Flash has taken punches from Mongul and punches from Professor Zoom that causes sonic booms.  He's been struck by lightning, frozen solid, stood directly in front of an exploding car engine, blasted with superheated flame that's several thousand degrees and none of this did anything but slow him down for a second or two. 

The Flash is not "just human."  His durability is seriously superhuman and his regeneration ain't too shabby, either. 

So can Flash take a punch from Superman in the comics and live?  Yes.  And then, as has already been proven on this forum, he'd beat the tar out of Supes.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nickthedevil

Yes. The speed force aura would allow him to take a /few/ punches. But not for long.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TifaLockhart

He also took some hits from Steppenwolf. Hits that knocked him through walls. He's not just a human.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@nickthedevil said:

Yes. The speed force aura would allow him to take a /few/ punches. But not for long.

This.

Although Flash wouldn't get hit in the first place :P

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeeksaid:

@nickthedevil said:

This.

Although Flash wouldn't get hit in the first place :P

This

unless Superman wanted to hit him :)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonsterStomp
Superman flicks the Flash?

If a flick did that I doubt he could take a punch.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By laflux

@MonsterStomp: Pre New 52, he could take loads due the Speed Force Aura. Now, it seems, that he can't.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MonsterStomp

@laflux: Superman just got uber amped imo.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By laflux

@MonsterStomp said:

@laflux: Superman just got uber amped imo.

Yeah with the whole Bench pressing the Earth for 5 days flat, while sun deprived with no rest. But I would still say that Flash has been nerfed.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bane_of_sith

NO! Lol

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MonsterStomp

@laflux: The Flash has shown fetmosecond reation and was able to hang with Captain Atom while time appeared to be paused.

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Roman

The question is actually "Can Supes hit the Flash"?

Judging by that scan, yes.

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kameo

@laflux said:

@MonsterStomp: Pre New 52, he could take loads due the Speed Force Aura. Now, it seems, that he can't.

With the speed force aura, Flash should be able to tank many.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MonsterStomp:Give time, DCnU Flash is kind of new ... again, he needs something to build up to.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeanroygrant

Flash can't even take one punch from Superman.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d

why not? strength has nothing to do with the force of a punch it's speed...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MonsterStomp

@SlimJ87D: Force = Mass x Acceleration. Superman sure as hell has the mass and speed to put Flash down.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MonsterStomp

@drgnx said:

@MonsterStomp:Give time, DCnU Flash is kind of new ... again, he needs something to build up to.

All DCnU characters are new. I guess more time was spent on Superman and Batman then anyone else. I can't wait until the Flash tops the speed feat shown when he saved half a million people from an exploding nuke.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Malevolent1

@SlimJ87D said:

Well....actually, strength is one end of the equation; speed is the other. P = F x V (power equals force times velocity). An increase in either strength or speed results in an increase in the felt blow.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vouile

No.

The Flash can not take on even one of Superman's average punches.

The Flash is a mere human that has superpowers of speed from the speed force.

No mere human can handle one of Superman's average punch.

Vouile

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Any version of Superman would kill Flash with 1 punch.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By ComicStooge

@logy5000 said:

Any version of Superman would kill Flash with 1 punch.

This.

Though, Supes would be hard-pressed to lay a hand on any Flash.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kingsloth

pre-52 with the speed force aura he can take superman punches, Now if it happened in a comic considering flash has been significantly depowered he shouldn't be able to take a punch but I guarantee they wouldn't kill flash. So due to flash being a valuable asset to DC yes he can take superman punches.

Baron Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Baron Cross

He can always vibrate through

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38  Edited By Zoom
@MonsterStomp said:

If a flick did that I doubt he could take a punch.

I'm not saying that DCnU Flash could take a punch from Superman but I don't see Flash being that messed up. 

Sure, there was some collateral damage but Flash was just like "ow."  If my girlfriend flicked me in the face, I'd say "ow" but that doesn't mean she could KO me with one punch.
stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By stephens2177

superman was trying to hurt him,just tag him.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AngryHulks

As long as Flash is running, he should be able to take Superman's punch with some pain. If he stood still, he is literary obliterated.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By slimj87d

@MonsterStomp said:

@SlimJ87D: Force = Mass x Acceleration. Superman sure as hell has the mass and speed to put Flash down.

What mass? He probably has the same amount of mass as the Flash does... Superman weighs 225lbs, Wally weighed 190lbs. I know we're using new-52 here. So I admit I haven't caught up with Barry and his new series but everyone says he's still dozens of times faster than Superman is.

@Malevolent1 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Well....actually, strength is one end of the equation; speed is the other. P = F x V (power equals force times velocity). An increase in either strength or speed results in an increase in the felt blow.

I don't understand how you are relating power and strength here. Just because weight lifter can lift more than a boxer doesn't mean he can punch with greater force. Feel free to discuss it here in my blog.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/speed-vs-strength-common-misconceptions/608680/

Yes, it's in our anatomy to have more strength to be able to support a faster movement, I know that. Baseball players for example are quite strong and build their muscles to throw a ball very fast with great amount of force. But regardless it is speed and the manipulation of mass and speed that determines the force of a punch, and when we talk about the Flash, his abilities involve manipulating himself in a timezone with his powers of the speed force and this part breaks the laws of physics. Even though Flash can only lift as much a peak human, him existing in a different time relative to our time is what lets him survive blows and deliver them just as much.

Here Wally explains how the speed force allowed him to survive a punch from Mongul.

And here he explains how the speed force lets him punch with as much energy equivalent of a white dwarf star. A single one of his punches is equal to the amount of energy a white dwarf star would have.

There are a lot of factors that come into play here. But the Flash and Superman's powers work by putting them in a different timezone relative to normal time. But if Barry is faster than Superman and if the speed force permits him to exist in a much faster time zone than Superman, then Superman would be punching him at slow motion. Logically it should do nothing to Flash. It has been well established that DC uses the laws of physics as much as they can with the Flash, and sure it's not perfect all the time but I have dozens of scans and analysis in that thread up there.

Putting New-52 aside, Wally West could definitely take a punch from Superman very easily as Superman's punch to him would be like your friend delivering a very slow motion punch at you.

Back to Barry Allen and the new-52. I don't know where he is currently with the speed force, but if it is established that he is dozens of times faster than Superman then yes, he can definitely survive a punch from Superman like Wally Pre-Flashpoint could.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimj87d

The way this thread is going and the people posting in it... I don't think I have the endurance to stand it much longer. This will be my final post and it will be addressing this scan.

Yes, Flash flew back dozens of feet. But again, you guys don't understand the laws of physics and what is going on here. Flash only weighs around 190lbs, so he doesn't weigh that much when taking into account a fight between heavy hitters. Second, Superman does have a good amount of super speed, so Flash would still be receiving a flick at super speeds and he only weighs 190lbs so it's obvious he would fly back that much feet. But was he hurt? No. That's not even blood on him, it's ketchup from the hot dog stand...

Lastly, it is also obvious that Barry didn't rev up his reflexes and time to it's maximum because he's still able to talk to Batman and Flash and had a conversation with them meaning he was tuning himself up and down for the sake of communication with his teammate.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Zoom: If Superman wanted to mess the Flash up he'd mess him up.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsterStomp

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Malevolent1
@SlimJ87D power(the end result of a blow in this case) = force (the combination of mass and strength behind a blow) x velocity (the combination of mass and velocity behind a blow). So an increase in either force or velocity results in an increase in the felt power. A real world example: 320 lb offensive tackle starts downfield to block a 200 lb safety who is movinf approximately twice his velocity. Result? Tackle ends up on his butt. And I've also seen the reverse. I don't entertain any ideas that one of the greatest weightlifters of the old USSR, Vasily Alexyiyev could successfully go toe to toe with Ali....Ali had much greater hand speed...but in the rare event that the weightlifter is able to land a blow...he will do some serious damage. My cousin (6 foot 6 and 270 lbs at the time) beat the crap out of a guy who was a 5th degree black belt. He was simply overwhelmed by a mightier foe. Speed AND sttrength are both beneficial....to one who has both (like the Silver Surfer)...those are the truly ones. Incidentally, the whole IMP and white dwarf baloney? It's one thing for someone to say they can hit with the force of a white dwarf...but the result on panel is quite different. Hulk also knocked Onslaught cross country? So are we to conclude that strikes with the force of a white dwarf?
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Malevolent1

* dangerous ones

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nickthedevil

@Vouile said:

No.

The Flash can not take on even one of Superman's average punches.

The Flash is a mere human that has superpowers of speed from the speed force.

No mere human can handle one of Superman's average punch.

Vouile

shows how much you know....

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nickthedevil

@Malevolent1 said:

@SlimJ87D power(the end result of a blow in this case) = force (the combination of mass and strength behind a blow) x velocity (the combination of mass and velocity behind a blow). So an increase in either force or velocity results in an increase in the felt power. A real world example: 320 lb offensive tackle starts downfield to block a 200 lb safety who is movinf approximately twice his velocity. Result? Tackle ends up on his butt. And I've also seen the reverse. I don't entertain any ideas that one of the greatest weightlifters of the old USSR, Vasily Alexyiyev could successfully go toe to toe with Ali....Ali had much greater hand speed...but in the rare event that the weightlifter is able to land a blow...he will do some serious damage. My cousin (6 foot 6 and 270 lbs at the time) beat the crap out of a guy who was a 5th degree black belt. He was simply overwhelmed by a mightier foe. Speed AND sttrength are both beneficial....to one who has both (like the Silver Surfer)...those are the truly ones. Incidentally, the whole IMP and white dwarf baloney? It's one thing for someone to say they can hit with the force of a white dwarf...but the result on panel is quite different. Hulk also knocked Onslaught cross country? So are we to conclude that strikes with the force of a white dwarf?

Are you kidding me? this is the worst logic I've ever seen.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By slimj87d
@Malevolent1 said:
*Yawn*... try again. 

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-workouts/why-lifting-weights-wont-increase-punching-power
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Malevolent1
@nickthedevil if we r using real world logic and not comic logic....my logic comes from personal experience