Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The lavabender Bolin takes on the waterbender Katara, who will win?

Fight takes place in the Spirit world where Wan fought Vaatu. Time is perpetual twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet. Katara starts right next to the water. Victory by ko or death

Round 1:

Morals on, no prior knowledge

Round 2:

Morals off

Basic knowledge

Round 3:

Same as round 2, except that this fight takes place on a rock beach next to the ocean.

Who will win?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bolin both rounds. Round 2 is a stomp because he will just turn the ground underneath her feet to lava.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arcus1
MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara for every round. Bolin isn't at master level, Katara was by the end of Season 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara for every round. Bolin isn't at master level, Katara was by the end of Season 1.

master is a pretty vague term, even guys like Zhao have been referred to as masters

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Interesting battle, I can already envision the arguments that will simmer and liven.

Btw, is there even lava in the Spirit World?

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@mrunsmiley said:

master is a pretty vague term, even guys like Zhao have been referred to as masters

As in, mastered the technique to the highest possible degree. Zhao wasn't a master because he got trumped by Zuko in season 1. Aang was an Airbending master because he learned all there was to know. Likewise, Katara is a master of Waterbending as of season 2.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: well there's rock, so it should be meltable @mrunsmiley: how do you know what the highest possible degree is?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rijehu

Bolin for Round 1 because I don't see Katara killing but I see Bolin roasting her to death if he has to.

Round 2: Katara because her application of water in all forms is beyond what Bolin has done with lava and Katara has feats with water in thin air, no to mention how deadly she is when she is pissed or pushed to kill.

Round 3: Katara drowns Bolin or crushes him with water pressure...in fact if she gets to the ocean, he isn't touching her.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: For one, there's variety that's evident in the person's technique. Katara created water blades in the swamp, and used the octopus technique. Tarrlok created a water dome and shot ice spikes out of it. Toph could bend the earth with barely any movements. On the other hand, you don't see Bolin or other benders using any unique battle forms, only the basic earth/fire/water bending, nothing that has any of the sophistication or ingenuity that a master shows.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

Bolin for Round 1 because I don't see Katara killing but I see Bolin roasting her to death if he has to.

Round 2: Katara because her application of water in all forms is beyond what Bolin has done with lava and Katara has feats with water in thin air, no to mention how deadly she is when she is pissed or pushed to kill.

Round 3: Katara drowns Bolin or crushes him with water pressure...in fact if she gets to the ocean, he isn't touching her.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: my point was just that the term master can be subjective @rijehu: what feats of application does Katara have that give her the win?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

round 1: bolin should win this. katara has never encountered a lavabender before and wouldnt really have a way to counter it. the only way she could win is if she went all out right from the start and froze him so he couldnt bend, but with morals on, that seems unlikely. bolin should win this 8/10

round 2: With basic knowledge, katara has a little more of a chance, though i still think bolin can win this one

Round 3: im giving this to katara. she can easily move the fight out to the ocean (by freezing the water and going out far enough that bolin's lava bending couldnt reach her). plus with so much water, it is more likely here that her water bending would be able to over power him.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@z___ said:

@rijehu said:

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My knowledge on Nikon isn't completely so correct me if I'm wrong. Round 1) Bolin is no killer. Does he lava bend in character? I'm going with Katara. She is more creative IMO.

Round 2) Again, if Bolin doesn't lava bend in character(bloodlusted does not mean out of character) then Katara wins.

Round 3) Katara wins

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen anyone mention that Katara can bloodbend and I think with that factored in she can win all three rounds easy with the possible exception of round one, and thats only because of morals.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rijehu

@arcus: Katara has been shown to pull water from he air and freeze it instantly allowing her to literally air walk, and it was a significant amount even then. The water she pulls will cool lava and the force of water can break through earth defenses. Katara has shown the ability to spam swift and powerful water blades in succession that will certainly be an issue for Bolin. She could literally bend the water in the air around him at any given moment and if you add that to the fact that she can flash freeze and has water in the environment, I see her taking him out in round 2.

Round 3 is near an Ocean AND morals are off...I don't think I need to say more on that one lol

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

Only on a full-moon day bro.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

Damn, you're right. It's been a while since i watched that older stuff.

I still think she takes all 3, even without bloodbending. I'd be willing to bet she could neutralize Bolin's lava with water pretty easily.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___ said:

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

You are absolutely wrong lol. God damn. She blood bent the leader of the Southern Raiders in the middle of the day. Jesus watch the show.

Round 1: Close but Katara takes it.

Round 2: Katara blood bends him simple.

Round 3: Same. Katara blood bends simple.

What a joke.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@z___ said:

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

You are absolutely wrong lol. God damn. She blood bent the leader of the Southern Raiders in the middle of the day. Jesus watch the show.

What a joke.

I've seen the show 5 times over and have it on my computer. The only time she bloodbent was when she was on the ship with Zuko, and the full moon was out. She has never bloodbent in the middle of the day.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@thatguywithheadphones said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@z___ said:

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

What a joke.

I've seen the show 5 times over and have it on my computer. The only time she bloodbent was when she was on the ship with Zuko, and the full moon was out. She has never bloodbent in the middle of the day.

The full moon was absolutely not out

It was twilight when she started the assault you tw*t.

Loading Video...

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@z___ said:

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

What a joke.

Loading Video...

>Says the full moon wasn't out.

>uploads a video

>The full moon is literally the first thing you see

No Caption Provided

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@man_of_miracles said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@z___ said:

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

What a joke.

Loading Video...

>uploads a video

No Caption Provided

At the beginning of the video, which is irrelevant, it does not show up one single time during the assault.

In fact they switch to daytime before the assault, moron.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles:

No Caption Provided

Wow talk about needing to be spoonfed, they have to show you the moon during her entire assault? The beginning and end of the video all take place on the same night. Either you're trolling or blind. Whatever it doesn't matter, I'm done.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@man_of_miracles:

No Caption Provided

Wow talk about needing to be spoonfed, they have to show you the moon during her entire assault? The beginning and end of the video all take place on the same night. Either you're trolling or blind. Whatever it doesn't matter, I'm done.

No man they don't, christ. In fact they pass into another entire day before they assault the raiders, are you incapable of watching the video?

They leave on a full moon, gather information leading to the southern raiders location and attack them the next day.

Jesus watch the video.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Gizmorino

@man_of_miracles: must everything be literally shown to you, why didn't she bloodbend azula if she bloodbends during the day, why didn't she just bloodbend her other opponents during the show when things went extreme, she lent bloodbending before zuko joint them, why didn't she bloodbend azula, instead they al flee.

Dude the moon was bright and up in the sky.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles: must everything be literally shown to you, why didn't she bloodbend azula if she bloodbends during the day, why didn't she just bloodbend her other opponents during the show when things went extreme, she lent bloodbending before zuko joint them, why didn't she bloodbend azula, instead they al flee.

Dude the moon was bright and up in the sky.

she doesn't bloodbend unless she's bloodlusted..

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MetalJimmor

@man_of_miracles:

A full moon lasts for three nights out of the month, not one. If it was a full moon the night before they arrived there is no reason to think it'd be gone by the time the act of bloodbending occurred. Especially since at NO POINT did Katara or anyone note she was doing something that, by the show's own rules on bloodbending, should be impossible.

If she was bloodbending without a full moon it would have been emphasized.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By GXrevolution96

@man_of_miracles said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@z___ said:

@dougcl said:

Katara can bloodbend

What a joke.

Loading Video...

>uploads a video

No Caption Provided

At the beginning of the video, which is irrelevant, it does not show up one single time during the assault.

In fact they switch to daytime before the assault, moron.

Dude, the moon was up. You do realise that you can have a fall moon during daylight? Think about it. If Katara could blood bend without a full moon, why would they put so much emphasises on Yakone, Taarlok and Amon being able to blood bent without a full moon. At the Yakone trial, the lawyer's entire argument was based on the sole fact that the times Yakone was accused of blood bending, was without the full moon. He states that it was impossible. This heavily implies that it had never been done before.

@pooty: Actually, Bolin does lava bend with morals on. He did it a couple of times during the recent episode.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@man_of_miracles:

The show was very clear that a full moon was necessary to bloodbend, hence why no one expected Yakone to be able to bloodbend without a full moon. They clearly made a point of showing the moon. But if that's not clear enough I can make it clearer: no bloodbending

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#35 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@man_of_miracles: Careful with the language and insults, please. There's no need for it.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toss up

Katara

Katara

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By johnfrank120

@arcus: Well round 1 I don't see Katara going for the K.O too quickly, maybe giving enough time for Bolin to take her out, but Katara can also do it.

Round 2 Katara is powerful enough and has enough water to repel Bolin's lava and knock him out.

Round 3: Same as round 2.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: repelling lava with water could be tricky considering the heat of the lava could evaporate the water, like fire blasts

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I agree, but Katara can make an ice shield which could stand for more time and Katara has access to large amounts of water.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Arcus1
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

My knowledge on Nikon isn't completely so correct me if I'm wrong. Round 1) Bolin is no killer. Does he lava bend in character? I'm going with Katara. She is more creative IMO.

Round 2) Again, if Bolin doesn't lava bend in character(bloodlusted does not mean out of character) then Katara wins.

Round 3) Katara wins

Yeah, he lava bends in character, he has in I think every fight he's had since learning to lava bend

Here's his two main fights from season 4 if you're interested (hopefully they don't spoil anything if you haven't seen it yet)

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gawd, I got 7 notifications from this convo? I'm glad I wasn't online to see the atrocity. I'm not going to say nothing more other than LOL at the guy who says Katara can blood-bend without a full moon when the damn video is showing a full moon.

@thatguywithheadphones: Sorry you had to go through that, lol.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: you'd think it would have been established by now that Katara can't bloodbend without a full moon

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Z___

@arcus said:

@z___: you'd think it would have been established by now that Katara can't bloodbend without a full moon

Ikr? Some people though. Either too stubborn or too stupid, but we'll never know.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for armlesstigerman
ArmlessTigerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the first two fights, Bolin stomps, his lavabending would destroy katara with or without her having basic knowledge of it, he can just turn the ground beneath her feet to lava and she would be immobilised and burning to death. An ice shield would not work because the ice would almost instantaneously melt and evaporate, you cannot put out lava with water, lava still burns on the sea bed for a while.

I reckon Bolin might be able to win round three also...

Think about it, they may be next to a whole sea of water, but it would take longer for and would be a lot harder for Katara to bend a whole lot of water than for Bolin to pummel her with rocks from the beach, as it is a rock beach. For Katara to move a large mass of water to quickly take out Bolin would require a fair amount of effort and a few seconds.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armlesstigerman: Bolin's not gonna instantly go for a kill like that with morals on

Avatar image for armlesstigerman
ArmlessTigerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: True, true, but if Katara pushes him to, i reckon he would do it. Most people would do a lot to survive.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armlesstigerman: I suppose, but it's not like Katara will be trying to kill him with morals on either