User Lists: 1

Korra narrowly due to environment

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Close fight. I can see this going either way but I am leaning toward Aang for a very slight majority. I found Aang's bending skill, agility, and creativity with air bending more impressive than Korra's water bending.

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice battle..thanks

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been done . Aang still wins

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra

Just as agile

More raw power

Better durability and damage soak

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid Aang loses

Adult Aang wins

It honestly comes down to that

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrUnsmiley

Aang. He's shown more creativity and ingenuity with air than Korra has with water. He also simply has better feats.

On top of that, Korra's been shown to struggle with agile opponents.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close fight. I can see this going either way but I am leaning toward Aang for a very slight majority. I found Aang's bending skill, agility, and creativity with air bending more impressive than Korra's water bending.

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang has a fighting style unique to air bending, while Korra's is switching between the elements.

Take away Korra's style and Aang wins with his.

I_Aint_bias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can see Anag and Korra having sex at the end of a little fight ;)

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_aint_bias: He'd literally be having sex with himself. So, I guess he'd be masturbating?

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are lowballing Aang , you know why Airbenders were monks ? Airbending is the most powerful and dangerous bending, look at zaheer , he proved that an evil airbender is a no no , and he didn't even have the full master of its ability , now imagine aang , a master bender against Korra, the same person who lost to Kuvira and Zaheer

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra

Just as agile

More raw power

tedbundy654321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang would win. He is incredibly clever, quick on his feet, and versatile with his airbending techniques. Learning from monk Gyatso and having a strong connection to Airbending practices trumps Korra's limited and stressful learning from Tenzin since she could barely grasp its concepts and only airbend in a moment of true peril.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Lol @ Korra having more raw power than Aang.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By GXrevolution96

Aang wins but barely.

@juiceboks said:

Well, if we are talking about air, than I defintely agree with you but if we are comparing their natives elements, I say Korra has shown just as much raw power as Aang.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins but barely.

@juiceboks said:

Well, if we are talking about air, than I defintely agree with you but if we are comparing their natives elements, I say Korra has shown just as much raw power as Aang.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

and aang can do this ? face it korra is weak and lost to people while in the avatar state

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GXrevolution96

@birdman400

Those particular feats are not that impressive. Aang has shown better ones and its not something Korra or any other etsablished bender could replicate.

Korra is far from weak and she actually has a lot of impressive showings. And the only time lost a fight in the AS was when she dying.

Her air bending is obviously not on Aang's level but when it comes it raw power, she has shown to have just as much raw power as he has with some elements,

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400

Those particular feats are not that impressive. Aang has shown better ones and its not something Korra or any other etsablished bender could replicate.

Korra is far from weak and she actually has a lot of impressive showings. And the only time lost a fight in the AS was when she dying.

Her air bending is obviously not on Aang's level but when it comes it raw power, she has shown to have just as much raw power as he has with some elements,

I always thought Korra was weaker than Aang , just b/c how she uses he bending , Aang mastered every element but his Airbending was on other levels and he was high proficient in waterbending? (am I correct on that one?) , Korra is good at her bending but not one of them standouts , her mixing of her elements is one of her main weaknesses , (ex.Kuvira the first time) , plus her use of the avatar state is a joke ,

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GXrevolution96
@birdman400 said:
@gxrevolution96 said:

@birdman400

I always thought Korra was weaker than Aang , just b/c how she uses he bending , Aang mastered every element but his Airbending was on other levels and he was high proficient in waterbending? (am I correct on that one?) , Korra is good at her bending but not one of them standouts , her mixing of her elements is one of her main weaknesses , (ex.Kuvira the first time) , plus her use of the avatar state is a joke ,

It really depends on the element and various other factors. Both have their strengths and weaknesess. Objectively, Aang's air and earth is superior to Korra's, albeit her water and fire has shown to be superior to his. "Arcus" did a really good anaylsis comparing Korra and Aang's elements. His anaylsis would explain the differences better than I ever could. I would strongly recommend having look through it.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/arcus/blog/comparing-aang-and-korra-part-1-the-4-elements/109085/

I do agree that her avatar state was defintely toned downed from the orginal series.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400 said:
@gxrevolution96 said:

@birdman400

It really depends on the element and various other factors. Both have their strengths and weaknesess. Objectively, Aang's air and earth is superior to Korra's, albeit her water and fire has shown to be superior to his. "Arcus" did a really good anaylsis comparing Korra and Aang's elements. His anaylsis would explain the differences better than I ever could. I would strongly recommend having look through it.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/arcus/blog/comparing-aang-and-korra-part-1-the-4-elements/109085/

I do agree that her avatar state was defintely toned downed from the orginal series.

I read it completely , and I heavily agree but one point I kinda disagree with aang being weak in water bending , he is almost on par with Korra , but book 2 , they were in the earth nation (scarce water) for extended period of time , also if they were both allowed to use all the elements , I still think Aang would win due to his avatar state power

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GXrevolution96

I read it completely , and I heavily agree but one point I kinda disagree with aang being weak in water bending , he is almost on par with Korra , but book 2 , they were in the earth nation (scarce water) for extended period of time , also if they were both allowed to use all the elements , I still think Aang would win due to his avatar state power

The problem Aang has with water is that he has limited showings whereas Korra has good amount of water bending feats to draw and a lot of high-ends.

They weren't in the EK in Book 3 and there were various other occasions where they had access to good water sources of water. Katara managed. It is not nessasrily a bad thing. After all, water is Korra's native element like Air is Aang's, so it is only natural that she best him that department.

Agreed.

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Emperor97

@birdman400 said:
@gxrevolution96 said:
@birdman400 said:
@gxrevolution96 said:

@birdman400

I agree with it. I think it was spot on about Aang's waterbending. Also Avatar state isn't Allowed.

@tarutaru said:
@xxxcarzellxxx said:

Korra

Just as agile

More raw power

I don't think Korra without airbending is just as agile as Aang with airbending. And I think they are on the same power level.

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22: Agreed that Korra isn't as agile exactly, her evasion is more based in a bob and weave style, but I do put her above Aang is terms of raw power. And like xxxcarzellxxx said she has better durabilty

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22: she's still slightly stronger in raw power and her bending has more concussive force behind it than aangs but she was a pro bender so she's just as good as aang when it comes to dodges p

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GXrevolution96

@xxxcarzellxxx said:

@king22: she's still slightly stronger in raw power and her bending has more concussive force behind it than aangs but she was a pro bender so she's just as good as aang when it comes to dodges p

@tarutaru said:

@king22: Agreed that Korra isn't as agile exactly, her evasion is more based in a bob and weave style, but I do put her above Aang is terms of raw power. And like xxxcarzellxxx said she has better durabilty

I think this really depends on the element. He has defintely shown more raw power as far as air and earth air bending go

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xXxcarzellxXx

@gxrevolution96: the first one he used the staff to amp his bending and this isn't really raw power ,and the one with xuko isn't that impressive

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GXrevolution96

@xxxcarzellxxx said:

@gxrevolution96: the first one he used the staff to amp his bending and this isn't really raw power ,and the one with xuko isn't that impressive

The lava feat and boulder ones clearly depict the raw power of his air bending

The glider doesn't really amp air bending. Nowhere near to degere as the full moon and Sozin's comet.

How does generating a powerful tornado not show raw power?

Regardless, his air bending feats far surpass Korra's

Avatar image for ultimateinferno
UltimateInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra mayhave slightly better durability and raw power but Aang has more creativity, versatility, etc. and his air bending and earth bending>> Korra's. Aang wins. Also (though this doesn't affect my actual opinion of who wins) I am biased towards Aang. I like him better.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: because raw power would be a blast and which blast does more damage or caused more destruction not run around and charge an attack

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've definitely done this before

Korra mayhave slightly better durability and raw power but Aang has more creativity, versatility, etc. and his air bending and earth bending>> Korra's. Aang wins. Also (though this doesn't affect my actual opinion of who wins) I am biased towards Aang. I like him better.

Korra definitely has better durability. It's not a maybe

The staff doesn't amp his bending

@birdman400 said:
@gxrevolution96 said:

@birdman400

:) :) :) Thanks man :)

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: sorry I copied you. I tried to delete it but only the first post got deleted. How do I delete the battle?

LegallyBlind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesn't Korra have some h2h feats? I think Korra has more raw power but Aang has more experience/versatility. Slight majority to Aang

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang stomp, Korra style was to use many elements at same time while aang was a genius in airbender but a noob in everything else

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22 said:

@arcus: sorry I copied you. I tried to delete it but only the first post got deleted. How do I delete the battle?

Nah you're fine. Just leave it, I think my set up was different anyway

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arcus said:

@ultimateinferno said:

Really? Because I remember Aang taking a lot of physcal punishment, especially in his fight with Azula. I think there was one were she sent him flying accross the catacombs into a wall. Memory is a little gorggy when it comes to Korra, though.

This kind of an off topic question but which human ATLA/LOK character would you say has the best durability? Juat curious.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@ultimateinferno said:

Really? Because I remember Aang taking a lot of physcal punishment, especially in his fight with Azula. I think there was one were she sent him flying accross the catacombs into a wall. Memory is a little gorggy when it comes to Korra, though.

She sent him flying and he was down for a while. Though that was possibly one of his best durability feats. In general he can't take a punch near as well as Korra

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Emperor97

@arcus: ok cool

@gxrevolution96: because raw power would be a blast and which blast does more damage or caused more destruction not run around and charge an attack

that wasn't the only showings of raw power in airbending.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This kind of an off topic question but which human ATLA/LOK character would you say has the best durability? Juat curious.

Maybe Wan or Ozai, Zuko and Korra are pretty good too

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: it does amp bending just like fans etc

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Pretty much what everyone said. Korra due to environment but I could see an argument for Aang too. He's pretty OP.

Beast_mode999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang... no clue why people are brining up style for Korras defense When Aang has made fools out of master benders n book one alone.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By fabricolage

Aang has a good chance of tiring Korra out in the fight, like redirecting her attacks and taunting her like he did to Zhao in the early book series or like Kuvira did with Korra in the final book.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: @fabricolage: The fact that you're comparing Korra to Zhao and implying similar tactics would work on her shows you didn't watch LOK past book 1. And no, Korra would utterly stomp Aang in a waterbending duel.

Korra still wins this because of environment.

PrinceRj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@birdman400: she used airbending to increase her water spout size and girth