• Pre-52 versions of DC

Setting:

• Indestructible Earth
  • Start a mile away
  • Win by any means but BFR
  • Morals off
  • Which team wins and why?

Bonus Round:

• A Free For All fight. Who comes out on top?
106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team 1 for the slight majority I suppose.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sly_141

Team 2 Alan Scott MVP.

Actually depends Doctor Strange so nevermind

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close one.

Martian Manhunter's telepathy'll be troublesome, but Orion I see as a weak link.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Team one in a fierce fight.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 should take this in a good one.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By destinyman75

Team one mm has tp but strange easily best that with his defenses his magic is MVP surfer beats orion world breaker vs Alan Scott not sure but team one overall

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

marvel team. Strange surfer combo is deadly.

Close battle though

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one with ease.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming that Alan Scott does NOT become possessed by the Starheart and its classic Dr Strange...

I see the Marvel team winning this, with Strange as MVP. Surfer vs Alan Scott would be close, and I think they'd go at it for a while cancelling each other out. Orion takes out WBH in a decent fight. Then we have Strange fighting MMH which will go to Strange because of his very powerful magic. After that Strange can take out Orion.

Marvel Team 8/10

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel wins...WBH is a weird teammate to have but I can see Strange teleporting himself and SS away while WBH does work with gamma bursts then they return to pick off what's left.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Strange can shield them from MMH's tp, Marvel take this comfortably.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By green_skaar

Marvel

runekingthor98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

team marvel with ease

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I think Team2 could take a majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming that Alan Scott doesn't go full Starheart possession, Strange/Surfer should edge it in favour of Marvel. They are both VERY versatile and powerful.

Avatar image for deactivated-57cfa44d47823
deactivated-57cfa44d47823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

Team 1 for the slight majority I suppose.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Assuming that Alan Scott doesn't go full Starheart possession, Strange/Surfer should edge it in favour of Marvel. They are both VERY versatile and powerful.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By reaverlation

@highaccuser @dondave @laflux @claymore1998 @juiceboks @citizensentry @lvenger @ghostravage @heirtothekingdom

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 juiceboks  Moderator

I think Strange would beat Alan in character, J'onn's only chance at beating Norrin is through TP but between his own notable resistance and Stephen's magic that shouldn't be too difficult to defend against.

Hulk should beat Orion without much trouble though.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@reaverlation: My bad, well then Norrin would be better equipped to fight Alan then IMO. J'onn still only has his TP to effectively combat team 2 and again between Strange and Norrin that shouldn't be very effective.

Team 1 still.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Doc Strange freezes time but spares his teammates the effects. Team then proceeds to finish them off.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Martian Manhunter has always impressed me more on a physical level and his physiology protects him from alot of Silver Surfer's go to moves.....

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Really? I'm pretty sure SS has busted a planet. I don't recall MMH having any sort of busting feats, TBH.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@106me said:

@laflux: Really? I'm pretty sure SS has busted a planet. I don't recall MMH having any sort of busting feats, TBH.

Silver Surfer doesn't usually bust out those types of moves and MMH can just go intangible.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WBH is enough to take down Orion and MM. Hulk is already highly resistant to TP. WBH even more so.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude said:

WBH is enough to take down Orion and MM. Hulk is already highly resistant to TP. WBH even more so.

No. WBH is the weak link on team 1. He cant fly, he's slow, and his only real advantage is gamma energy projection... which will hit his own team so he cant really use it much. As far as strength, he's not stronger than Orion and he cant even tough MMH.

Orion has the Astro Force and the Mother Box, so he can take out WBH after a decent fight. Or, Orion could just BFR Hulk, but that's not in character.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By reaverlation
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: It's morals off. You people gotta read the OP please

That doesnt change what I said. Are you talking about me saying that Orion wont BFR?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juiceboks  Moderator
Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dre_Savage

@pipxeroth:

Has Surfer been TP'd before? I thought he had high resistance, as did WBH (well, Hulk in general); isn't his brain's rage too much for TP'ers?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By reaverlation

@willpayton: Yes if that's something Orion would do out of character aka morals off. And there's no BFR allowed anyways.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Yes if that's something Orion would do out of character aka morals off. And there's no BFR allowed anyways.

I really consider "out of character" and "morals off" to be separate things. So, morals off to me says that that person is just going for the kill and doesnt care about the repercussions of what they do. But, they're still in character. If a person likes to brawl, they'll still brawl if bloodlusted.

Out of character to me is like when a character is mind-controlled or under the influence of some drug. In those cases they do things differently than they normally do because it's not their normal personality. But, being out of character doesnt mean they're bloodlusted. They could be out of character and be peaceful.

So:

morals on/off = how brutal and violent they are

in/out of character = how much they act in accordance with their personality

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Alan can also freeze time.

Evidence?

Even so, I highly doubt he's as good a time manipulator as Strange who manipulates time on a regular basis and in a multitude of ways which I'm willing to bet Alan has never done. Once even, the cosmic awareness granted by the Infinity Gauntlet warned Thanos that if he froze for the group of heroes attempting to stop him, Strange could just undo it:

No Caption Provided

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By kbroskywalker
pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth:

Has Surfer been TP'd before? I thought he had high resistance, as did WBH (well, Hulk in general); isn't his brain's rage too much for TP'ers?

Both Surfer and Hulk have some really good TP resistance, but the general consensus is that it just isn't high enough for someone like MMH. Manhunter's TP feats are absolutely ridiculous (why is why I dislike him as a character so much). Either way though I think Strange's tp is good enough to at least hold off Manhunter, and the pure power on team 1 is a fair bit higher than team 2's.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude said:

No. WBH is the weak link on team 1. He cant fly, he's slow, and his only real advantage is gamma energy projection... which will hit his own team so he cant really use it much. As far as strength, he's not stronger than Orion and he cant even tough MMH.

Orion has the Astro Force and the Mother Box, so he can take out WBH after a decent fight. Or, Orion could just BFR Hulk, but that's not in character.

He may be the weak link in terms of versatility, but he's the heavy hitter. He busted a planet what do you mean hes' not stronger than Orion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9
deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Marvel.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By willpayton

@g-dude said:
@willpayton said:
@g-dude said:

He may be the weak link in terms of versatility, but he's the heavy hitter. He busted a planet what do you mean hes' not stronger than Orion.

He didnt bust the planet on his own. It was the result of him clashing with the amped Red She-Hulk that did it. I think both Surfer and Strange have more power than that, and they can direct it better than just omni-directional energy output.

And there's the problem that him outputting gamma radiation like this will affect his team as well as the other. Hulk is an asset, but also a liability for his own team.

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By G-Dude

@willpayton said:
@g-dude said:
@willpayton said:
@g-dude said:

He didnt bust the planet on his own. It was the result of him clashing with the amped Red She-Hulk that did it. I think both Surfer and Strange have more power than that, and they can direct it better than just omni-directional energy output.

And there's the problem that him outputting gamma radiation like this will affect his team as well as the other. Hulk is an asset, but also a liability for his own team.

Silver Surfer can just phase by it and Doctor Strange could just open a portal into another dimension.

I've heard that argument, but the title World Breaker Hulk still isn't enough to imply he still destroyed the planet? It doesn't matter if he clashed with Red Hulk, he still destroyed the planet and is fully capable of doing so alone. In WWH he was cracking the eastern seaboard with a mere footstep while holding back. What do you think a direct punch to the planet itself would do while letting go, be honest. Furthermore, the fact that RSH and WBH indirect hit to the planet destroyed it speaks for itself.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people keep mentioning tactics that lead to BFR?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel in all honesty. Not sure how strong he is with the astral belt but I don't see Orion being as helpful normally compared to Hulk.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you forget you were on CV fam?

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opening a portal to another dimension is just one of the possible tactics DS can use to protect himself from Hulk's gamma rays. Also is friendly fire on or no There are others if need be.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: Still BFR...

@darthaznable not directed towards you but why is Orion looked upon as a weak link? Plenty would believe Superman could beat WBH. Orion is Superman without exploitable weaknesses. The guy was capable of destroying Earth while firing on the moon.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude: Still BFR...

@darthaznable not directed towards you but why is Orion looked upon as a weak link? Plenty would believe Superman could beat WBH. Orion is Superman without exploitable weaknesses. The guy was capable of destroying Earth while firing on the moon.

Well, Orion is arguably the weakest of Team DC, but he's not the weakest overall. Hulk is the overall weak link... but the Marvel team makes up for him with Surfer and Strange.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: How would Bruce be a weak link when it can arguably be made that he's the most durable? He's physically the most imposing?