Keep the Contest or Retire?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

@robert_erdody: Ha! You're trying to bully the wrong person here, champ. I see through your projecting juvenile taunts. It sounds as though maybe you were around when those image comics started, so maybe you are up there in age but you hardly sound my senior so you can stop with the "once you're 18" cracks you seem to be throwing at everyone. I demand some originality in the insults coming my way otherwise what's the point? I'm glad that your hero CO-created a character that took off, but Rob isn't the one that made that character famous. Sorry. I appreciate the guy's business sense. He's an entrepreneur for sure, but that's where my credit to him ends. I'm not saying that you can't like the guy, hell, love the guy for all I care. But maybe you should open your mind some to other artists who have a much greater grasp on the skill. It'll expand your mind and help you grow as an artist too.

Robert_Erdody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj_was_here: I know all the dirt on liefeld you do all IM saying is when I was a kid a was impowered by rob and you should be too when I learned to play guitar there was no way I could do hendrix you know but I could do cobain and now I can do hendrix so its about finding artists you can emulate based on your personal skill level now adays I like Giger hes the airbrush king checkim out there a documentary on netflix hes the dude who did aliens

Robert_Erdody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey EDOG maybe we should post the contests on deviant and see if we can drag net some more artists to the site

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

@robert_erdody: Heh, yes, I'm fully aware of who Geiger is. Anyone who has drawn for a prolonged period of time knows who Geiger is. And while I agree that you should play to your strengths, art is about pushing the boundaries of your comfortability. It's about taking little lessons in and applying them and coming up with your own style. Geiger may have been awesome at airbrushing, but he actually gave a lot of that up in favor of other mediums. To grow. My problem with Liefeld is he never grew. He never had to. He was comfortable pouring out the same bland artwork day in and day out. He's not an artist. He's businessman that happens to draw a little. He doesn't inspire me. He doesn't empower me. He cultivates mediocrity.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56 EGoD  Moderator

This thread has gone way off topic now, also it not a place to be posting random artwork.