Follow

Fantomex

Character » Fantomex appears in 896 issues.

Fantomex is a highly evolved and technologically advanced mutate, developed by the Weapons Plus program to be Weapon Xlll. He is highly cunning, skilled in misdirection, and has a ship that is an extension of his nervous system named E.V.A.

Is Fantomex considered "street level"?

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fantomex13

As I search through this forum, I see a recurring argument over whether or not Fantomex is considered "street-level".

First, what is "street-level"? Second, does Fantomex fall into that category? Why or why not?

I am new to all of this terminology, so your help is greatly appreciated! :)

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By perry_411

@Fantomex13: well he's dead so more like purgatory level

GabrielEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GabrielEx

Deader then disco :(

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Terms like "street-level" are thrown a lot, but most people don't really have a set definition of what they mean. Spider-man and Daredevil are both considered "street-level", but are both often involved in situations involving space-gods and world-ending crises.

My personal "street-level" gutcheck is "can I imagine this character working with a TV-show budget like 'Human Target'"

Characters like Silver Surfer, Thor, etc have pretty flashy powers.

Characters like Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantomex, how powers that operate in a more subtle manner.

Avatar image for aussiebushwacker
    aussiebushwacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By aussiebushwacker

good q. spider man, luck cage and captain america would be street level but apply their skills to space, multiverse and abstracts. fatomex never works on the street if only for a larger world scheme. his skills and abilties are performed for strange whole world crazy s#it. he could be street level but.. actually i don't have a clue. its a tuffy cos he doesn't and would'nt have anything to do with street level stuff.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

Yes, he is.
    BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.