Follow

Defenders

Team » Defenders appears in 793 issues.

The Defenders are a super-group in the Marvel Universe usually led by Doctor Strange. The team that wasn't a team, often fights against supernatural and magic-based opponents. Protecting humanity from the impossible!

Defenders vs. Secret Defenders

Coldblood-6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Coldblood-6

Should the Defenders and Secret Defenders be considered the same team?

The original Defenders were a loose knit team of heroes that worked together to stop many mystical/world conquery sort of threats. The membership had several core members like Dr. Strange, Namor, Nighthawk, Hulk, Valkyrie and Hellcat with several other guest star members. In the later 40 issues the team was almost exclusively Beast, Angel, Iceman, Gargoyle, and Valkyrie.

Whereas the Secret Defenders had no base of operation and was simply a strike force chosen on a case by case basis.

I've always though of them as two seperate entities.

Does the Secret Defenders deserve to be seperate?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By -000

I have Secret Defenders #1 :D. Not the best comic... I think they should be considered the same.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

In my opinion, I don't think the Secret Defenders really deserves it's own page. Like you said, it wasn't a set group. Just whoever Dr. Strange felt would work on whatever crazy mission he faced. As I recall, the comic was okay and didn't last too long. It seems like it was just a 90s thing to guest star a bunch of popular characters in one book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.