Follow

Daredevil

Series »

A Netflix series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Season Two of Marvel's Daredevil Coming to Netflix in 2016

• 87 results
    Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

nice, first season was amazing

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By donmeca2020

I'm not a big DD fan at all, but gave it a try last night. I must say the show is good. Glad to hear another season will come.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YES! YES! YES! I'm so freaking excited. That show is the sh*t. I was starting to wonder wether or not...

No Caption Provided

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 owie  Moderator

I dear god yes. Hopefully Season 2 will introduce The Hand, Bullseye, Elektra, and (most importantly) The Spectacular Stilt-Man.

Yes, hells yes, and mother-flippin' hells bells yes!

They clearly see that they've caught lightning in a bottle here, and the more they do like Daredevil, the better.

I am hugely looking forward to the Jessica Jones series. I've always been surprised they put it on the list, but Alias was one of my all-time favorite comics, so I hope they do it justice--and based on DD, they can.

Iron Fist and the others should also be great. I am guessing Madam Gau (sp?) was referring to K'un Lun when she said she was from much farther away than China?

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely loved the first season (didn't like Karen Page though ... found her terribly annoying).

I only have to say "ugh" to Loeb joining the team. Surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar over this thus far.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To those mentioning characters like Silver Surfer and Namor, if I'm not mistaken Marvel still hasn't regained those film rights.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

YEEEHEHEHHEEYYEHHH

I'm nervous for the new showrunners, though. Those usually don't end up doing things the right way.

Hopefully they fix DD's costume and bring The Owl back.

I'm excited for Bullseye. I'm curious to see how he's portrayed in the MCU.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmaprice said:

To those mentioning characters like Silver Surfer and Namor, if I'm not mistaken Marvel still hasn't regained those film rights.

Surfer is still with Fox (FF franchise), Namor is back with Marvel... mostly. They can use him, but have to jump through some legal loopholes. (And possibly a Quicksilver like situation, where both they and Fox can use him due to his connections with the FF and being a mutant.)

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I absolutely loved the first season (didn't like Karen Page though ... found her terribly annoying).

I only have to say "ugh" to Loeb joining the team. Surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar over this thus far.

I missed that part.That's horrible!! I now have a bad feeling about this.They should have just went on with the others first and waited until DeKnight was free.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DarthDanMan

Loeb was an executive producer for the first Season of Daredevil as well.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEEEHEHEHHEEYYEHHH

I'm nervous for the new showrunners, though. Those usually don't end up doing things the right way.

The Owl referred to having a son and also called him "Lee" suggesting his son's name is Leland Owlsly jr.. Definitely a good chance he will be the new Owl. Gladiator also said the suit is a work in progress, so there is a great chance he'll get his suit upgraded. Marvel also listens to their fans and that was one of the very few complaints of the show.

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_ said:

YEEEHEHEHHEEYYEHHH

The Owl referred to having a son and also called him "Lee" suggesting his son's name is Leland Owlsly jr.. Definitely a good chance he will be the new Owl. Gladiator also said the suit is a work in progress, so there is a great chance he'll get his suit upgraded. Marvel also listens to their fans and that was one of the very few complaints of the show.

Sweeeeeeet.

And I actually started to like Owlsly in the show, towards the end. At first I wasn't cool with him being so old and harmless looking, but then I changed my mind after we saw what he was willing to do and how he threatened Fisk right to his face. Anyways, I do think that having a younger Owl, his son, would be better so he can be more of a physical threat as well. Hopefully you're right.

I forgot about him mentioning his son, but I do remember the costume bit and seeing it being worked on.

Avatar image for comicsbornandbred
    ComicsBornAndBred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeKnight has previous commitments. He has a seven year deal at Starz and a sci fi show in the works. I'll miss him but knowing these new guys wrote episodes of season one and worked closely with DeKnight and Goddard Is a positive. Also, Goddard is listed as being an executive producer for season 2. Sons of anarchy is a great show so Ramirez working on there is good...he has great crime drama rootsm Petrie having Buffy roots is great too. Also, Ramirez wrote "Rabbit in a Snowstorm" which was a great episode and "Condemned". Petrie wrote solo "Stick" and co wrote "The Path of the Righteous" and wrote solo " The ones we leave Behind". All good episodes

Season 2 desires:

1. Follow Fisk in prison and Vanessa as she tries to get him out

2. Have The Hand sending Elektra to rectify the Nobu situation and deal with The Devil of Hells Kitchen

3. Stick tell Matt about The Chaste and the reason he was chosen for the "war"

4. More law drama that connects with DD and his fight against crime

5. Typhoid Mary origin

6. Bullseye tease for season 3

7. MR fear

8. Owsley's son taking over his position

9. Updated suit...it's been a year so I expect and upgrade

STILT MAN HAHAHA

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeKnight has previous commitments. He has a seven year deal at Starz and a sci fi show in the works. I'll miss him but knowing these new guys wrote episodes of season one and worked closely with DeKnight and Goddard Is a positive. Also, Goddard is listed as being an executive producer for season 2. Sons of anarchy is a great show so Ramirez working on there is good...he has great crime drama rootsm Petrie having Buffy roots is great too. Also, Ramirez wrote "Rabbit in a Snowstorm" which was a great episode and "Condemned". Petrie wrote solo "Stick" and co wrote "The Path of the Righteous" and wrote solo " The ones we leave Behind". All good episodes

Season 2 desires:

1. Follow Fisk in prison and Vanessa as she tries to get him out

2. Have The Hand sending Elektra to rectify the Nobu situation and deal with The Devil of Hells Kitchen

3. Stick tell Matt about The Chaste and the reason he was chosen for the "war"

4. More law drama that connects with DD and his fight against crime

5. Typhoid Mary origin

6. Bullseye tease for season 3

7. MR fear

8. Owsley's son taking over his position

9. Updated suit...it's been a year so I expect and upgrade

STILT MAN HAHAHA

Why not have Bullseye in season 2? Elektra, Hand and Lester would be great for season 2 IMHO. I think your list is awesome though. I especially agree with 2, 3, 4, and 9.

Avatar image for comicsbornandbred
    ComicsBornAndBred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: I guess you could do bullseye. I just fear having too much and overdoing it...overcrowding.

Avatar image for technobacon2014
    TechnoBacon2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why so many people are being so pessimistic about this ._.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: I guess you could do bullseye. I just fear having too much and overdoing it...overcrowding.

Well they do have a 13 episode run time and that's one of the many aspects of the show that made the storytelling so cohesive and condensed. Ether way, I really want Elektra and the Hand. Stick was so awesome too. Almost a show stealer if you ask me. I would love to see more of him

I don't understand why so many people are being so pessimistic about this ._.

I understand it. I'm a very optimistic person, so I'm extremely excited but I understand their objective opinions. They just want the show to succeed.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By RedAlert539

@redalert539 said:

While i loved DD and want a second season i'm not sure i like this. Like someone else said it feels rushed out just because the first season was so succesful. They had their plan(DD, J.Jones, L.Cage, Iron Fist and then Defenders) and now they seem to just try and shoehorn a second season in the overall storyline. I hope i'm wrong and this won't affect anything, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

trust me a possible second season was always in the works they just needed to see if daredevil would be an epic failure or an epic success before they announced it and it was an incredible success so here comes season two

I hope you're right.

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staphin: It was a Netflix show, so all the episodes were released simultaneously on 4/10.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great show but I hope they are not rushing in for the second season.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not yet finish season one. It just does not catch me. I am still waiting for the great show everybody is talking about but up to episode four it is mainly boring. I will watch it to the end, but at the moment I am very disappointed...

But it is nevertheless good to hear that there will be second season. May the MCU grow!

That's crazy.

Anyways, if the end of episode two didn't attract you...you might as well stop trying. This clearly isn't the type of superhero you are looking for.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_ said:

YEEEHEHEHHEEYYEHHH

For me, if they change his suit by making it more "comic" like, I will dislike it. I think what he wears at the end of the show is perfect for the "realistic" Daredevil character...as I've always favored practical and modern takes on suits.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only two episodes into the current season on Netflix and I'm loving it...so far! I heard great things before I started watching and I must say this series is living up to (and topping) the hype! Great stuff. Glad to hear there will be another season to look forward to.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#77  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome News! Hopefully, they stick with the 13-episode formula.. Not 10. That number doesn't seem enough to expand the story a bit more. There's a Netflix Non-Marvel show, Hemlock Grove that started with 13 episodes then later Season 2 came 10 and the upcoming Season 3 will also be 10. So hopefully, Season 2 of Daredevil will still have 13 episodes.

Game of Thrones could have done the same thing. As much I loved that show, I just wish each season had 13 episodes. We're talking about a lot of characters here.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Yay!

Although they shouldn't push back Iron Fist's TV Show as that's the one I'm looking forward to the most!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Excellent news, this was a damn fine show.

BubbaDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this is great! I'm really happy this netflix-marvel thing is taking off.

I can't wait for Iron Fist.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10 said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: yeah im not reading anyones personal emails but thanks for the info. i know its because of spidey that they pushed the movies back which is why they should have just left him at sony but they love that spiderguy

Nah, Sony was about to kill the Spidey movie franchise forever. I'm glad Marvel got him so that they can breathe new life into the character.

And don't forget this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=111109

Spidey sells more merchandise than Superman, Batman and the Avengers COMBINED. Of course Disney would want him back.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Did everyone finish the season already? I'm barely on episode 8? I think it's 8. The one where Sticks is introduced. I mean damn, y'all binge watch like crazy. I don't mean that in a negative way. I just can't watch anything for more than 2 hours after that I'm not really paying attention. (+)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
    deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a really bad day. This thread made it better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
    deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ms-lola said:
    No Caption Provided

Exactly how I feel about this not-so-surprising news.

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#87  Edited By sladewilson30

We should see the return of Leland owlsley as the Owl, more of the Hand and Stick, Electra, Bullseye, Carl creel becoming the absorbing man, David angar becoming the screamer, Typhoid Mary, at least some appearance by shield, whether large or small, the introduction of phineas mason the tinkerer, thereby creating villains such as stiltman, the mauler, killer shrike, and the constrictor, and of course, frank castle the punisher

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitality said:

@testament said:

@thecomedian_ said:

YEEEHEHEHHEEYYEHHH

For me, if they change his suit by making it more "comic" like, I will dislike it. I think what he wears at the end of the show is perfect for the "realistic" Daredevil character...as I've always favored practical and modern takes on suits.

I love more realistic suits, but DD is probably the only exception for me. I didn't like DD's costume. Almost at all. I think they need to redesign it for sure. It doesn't need to be spandex or whatever, but I really want it to be all red. His mask needs to be drowned in acid as well.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

We should see the return of Leland owlsley as the Owl, more of the Hand and Stick, Electra, Bullseye, Carl creel becoming the absorbing man, David angar becoming the screamer, Typhoid Mary, at least some appearance by shield, whether large or small, the introduction of phineas mason the tinkerer, thereby creating villains such as stiltman, the mauler, killer shrike, and the constrictor, and of course, frank castle the punisher

DeKnight said that Leland's so would become the Owl we know from the comics

comicnerd86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the first season of dirt oval was amazing love the cast and all the action however I wonder if next season if the one going to introduce more characters or cameos of other superheroes like moon night Luke Cage or iron fist

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.