Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23658 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman is soo underestimated..

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

"Batman is over rated! Batman shouldn't have won!"

"Batman Fanboys are the worst! They think he's invincible"

Well, look.. the reason batman haters say "Batman's over rated!" is because you can't stand the fact he could out-smart his opponents who are physically better than him. Batman's speed, deception, smarts, and skill make him the perfect human. Which you batman haters love to underestimate him, you underestimate how smart someone can be, you underestimate how fast, strong, I bet none of you would even believe a human can lift over 1000+ lbs if that one human hadn't done it in real life. But you had to see it. In other words, you underestimate your own race until someone makes you eat those words.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

"Batman fanboys are the worst! They think he's invincible" That's only some. Not all, I know batman is mortal, but batman's definitely damn near above humanity. IMO, I consider him a semi-superhuman because he definitely isn't a super-human but he is waaaay too good to be considered just "a human". Ever heard of the Bruce Lee saying *"I wouldn't be worried about the man who's practiced 10,000 kicks, I'd be worried about the man who's practiced 1 kick 10,000 times"*?In other words, it's saying Quality doesn't equal Quantity. Well, batman's practiced 1 kick over 10,000 times (he mastered it..) and practiced 10,000 kicks(an exaggeration to say he's mastered many many many kicks), he's got Quantity and Quality. What would Bruce say to that? Ever heard the saying "Brains beats Brawn"? Batman's got both. The hell do you expect when someone like batman is going against someone like Capt. America who has *mostly* brawn?

Batman has the tendency to outsmart his foes. A lot. I'd say if he had a superpower, it'd simply be to stack the odds into his favor. Batman plans and plans and plans. And by planning I mean during a battle. He's observant. He uses his analyzing skills in fighting and observes everything his opponent does. Sometimes he could simply win by sheer skill, others, strategic planning. Batman doesn't need to do a whole preparation before a fight. He could prep during a fight, honestly. He has all he needs. His brain, his brawn, and his gadgets. Specifically, his tactical awareness, his skills and talents, and his gadgets.

Now I don't want batman to win each and every single fight, because at the end of the day, he's human. No human is perfect. Plus batman winning fights back-to-back would just be boring. Maybe that's superman's issue. His creator tried to make him perfect.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jb681131

The thing is really, is that now there are too much stories, titles, series, mini-series, one shots, movies and games involving batman that it's hard to keep up. Also in this flow of stories, lots have a mediocre scenario (mainly the main Batman title, Detective comics and the Nolan's movies - Because of these people nowadays have a false vision of who Batman is and what a good story can be).

If there was less things revolving around Batman, he might not be considered an Over/Under-rated character (depending on your point of view). And if they stopped writting bad stories, people would really see who Batman/Bruce Wayne really is and clearly understand your point without needing explenations.

But recently I find that the main qualities of Batman have been ignored. He has poor detective qualities for exemple sur as in "death of the family", also I'm not fan of him using too much exosuits to save himself.

His plans to stop any Justice League member is told in the "Tower of Babel" arc/tpb by the way. Batman can be annoying and selfish sometimes, that's why some people don't like him and prefer superman.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bahahaha are you serious?!

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TL;DR

Batman is overrated by some and underrated by others.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

The thing is really, is that now there are too much stories, titles, series, mini-series, one shots, movies and games involving batman that it's hard to keep up. Also in this flow of stories, lots have a mediocre scenario (mainly the main Batman title, Detective comics and the Nolan's movies - Because of these people nowadays have a false vision of who Batman is and what a good story can be).

If there was less things revolving around Batman, he might not be considered an Over/Under-rated character (depending on your point of view). And if they stopped writting bad stories, people would really see who Batman/Bruce Wayne really is and clearly understand your point without needing explenations.

But recently I find that the main qualities of Batman have been ignored. He has poor detective qualities for exemple sur as in "death of the family", also I'm not fan of him using too much exosuits to save himself.

His plans to stop any Justice League member is told in the "Tower of Babel" arc/tpb by the way. Batman can be annoying and selfish sometimes, that's why some people don't like him and prefer superman.

This. Well said.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Man, you Batman purists are fun. And you just had to throw at shot in at superman at the end.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is not underrated. That is utterly ridiculous.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

Man, you Batman purists are fun. And you just had to throw at shot in at superman at the end.

Like the Superman forums? where they throw a shot at Batman every two days and once the process starts pretty much everyone else follows.

Better than billionth Batman is overrated thread.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
    No Caption Provided

LOL.. he would make a great interviewer

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jackiplier

@theexile285:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/why-batman-is-ridiculously-overrated-1561630/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/is-batman-the-most-overrated-superhero-in-cv-battl-1591869

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/batman-recently-became-overrated-1588405/

Ask me for more, I dare you.

Edit:

In another thought... How about I take this offensively?

No Caption Provided

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackiplier: I'm sensing a theme...think Batman might be overrated?

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: The problem is, everyone is now saying Batman is overrated. The more you say it, the less overrated he is. Batman is a very old character, he built his reputation through time. I wouldn't call him overrated at all.

People nowadays just call things overrated because they do not like that specific thing while it is popular. It quickly became the exact same thing as when people used to call Aquaman lame and Superman being OP

Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
    SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a joke thread?

Dude there are plenty of underrated characters under Batman in DC.Like...all the characters that are under Batman in DC lol

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read about half of this and got bored

Batman has no real good feat and prove me wrong if you can (without the hellbat)

And no, beating Depowered JLA who were playing the whole time using their weaknesses that allow about anyone who can beat a human take them down isn't a good feat

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jackiplier

@tantani: New 52 Batman has no real feat or the canon Batman in general? Because that would be an entire different thing.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani said:

Batman has no real good feat and prove me wrong if you can (without the hellbat)

And no, beating Depowered JLA who were playing the whole time using their weaknesses that allow about anyone who can beat a human take them down isn't a good feat

That is the whole thing that makes Batman the greatest Hero, other than acrobatic skills as well as detective skills, he has no god like feat...So, he inspires people to believe that You too can be a superhero and all you need is some training and your heart in the right place..He breaks the stereotype that if someone has powers, then automatically he is better than ordinary people...But also his characterization and tragic story shows that no one should want to be in his shoes....He witnessed his parents die while Superman didn't know his Kryptonian parents died until he was in his late teens...Sure his earth parents died, but there is no emotional connection between 2 stories as some writers focus on his kryptonian parents death and some focus on his Earth parents death...And Batman also has surrounded himself with people who have gone through the same tragic trauma and made them smile(All the Robins were happy as Robin) by taking in their pain and directing their energy in a positive direction....While Superman inspires hope in people, Batman did the same within Robin...But he himself could not inspire himself...

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani said:

That is the whole thing that makes Batman the greatest Hero, other than acrobatic skills as well as detective skills, he has no god like feat...So, he inspires people to believe that You too can be a superhero and all you need is some training and your heart in the right place..He breaks the stereotype that if someone has powers, then automatically he is better than ordinary people...But also his characterization and tragic story shows that no one should want to be in his shoes....He witnessed his parents die while Superman didn't know his Kryptonian parents died until he was in his late teens...Sure his earth parents died, but there is no emotional connection between 2 stories as some writers focus on his kryptonian parents death and some focus on his Earth parents death...And Batman also has surrounded himself with people who have gone through the same tragic trauma and made them smile(All the Robins were happy as Robin) by taking in their pain and directing their energy in a positive direction....While Superman inspires hope in people, Batman did the same within Robin...But he himself could not inspire himself...

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: much better (because it is short enoagh to read lol)

batman is over rated because he may be smart but it isn't make him invincible

his fans are like: "wow! batman have 5 minutesprep? and he face the whole Marvel, DC, Image universes and Saitama (OPM) at the same time? over kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the first 4 minutes he will lern everything about them with his detective skills and the last minute he will builed gudgets than will one shot all of them at the same time"

in your way of looking at him we can say that tony stark or reed richard are the strongest characters in fiction

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani: Ok.. idek if batman fans are like that..

And if you didn't read my OP... I already said I know he isn't invincible.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman fans are keep stating he will win with prep even when he get only few minutes of prep and face being stronger than superman

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#24  Edited By KrleAvenger

I never saw someone who is underrating Batman.I just saw his fanboys who think he can beat Cosmic Entities with prep (truth).I love Batman and I am never underrating him but I hate when someone is overrating their favorite characters.My favorite hero is Iron-man and even I admit that he is overrated sometimes.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are people on the battle forum who try to low ball his high end feats. I remember seeing a battle: 'Batman (with the Hellbat) vs Spiderman'. This was an obvious mismatch and yet it went for 4 pages. People trying to justify trading blows with Darkseid wasn't a big deal.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OrangeBat

@tantani said:

@batmanplusjay said:

batman fans are keep stating he will win with prep even when he get only few minutes of prep and face being stronger than superman

Rarely if ever, but people love to drag this out for some reason. It's one of those mindbogglingly popular anti-Batman myths that keeps persisting, much like the "Superman is too overpowered!" myth.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani said:

@orangebat: go to the battle foroum

I do. Are you one of those people that can't detect sarcasm in a post?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarKnightHun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Batman is over rated! Batman shouldn't have won!"

"Batman Fanboys are the worst! They think he's invincible"

Well, look.. the reason batman haters say "Batman's over rated!" is because you can't stand the fact he could out-smart his opponents who are physically better than him. Batman's speed, deception, smarts, and skill make him the perfect human. Which you batman haters love to underestimate him, you underestimate how smart someone can be, you underestimate how fast, strong, I bet none of you would even believe a human can lift over 1000+ lbs if that one human hadn't done it in real life. But you had to see it. In other words, you underestimate your own race until someone makes you eat those words.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

"Batman fanboys are the worst! They think he's invincible" That's only some. Not all, I know batman is mortal, but batman's definitely damn near above humanity. IMO, I consider him a semi-superhuman because he definitely isn't a super-human but he is waaaay too good to be considered just "a human". Ever heard of the Bruce Lee saying *"I wouldn't be worried about the man who's practiced 10,000 kicks, I'd be worried about the man who's practiced 1 kick 10,000 times"*?In other words, it's saying Quality doesn't equal Quantity. Well, batman's practiced 1 kick over 10,000 times (he mastered it..) and practiced 10,000 kicks(an exaggeration to say he's mastered many many many kicks), he's got Quantity and Quality. What would Bruce say to that? Ever heard the saying "Brains beats Brawn"? Batman's got both. The hell do you expect when someone like batman is going against someone like Capt. America who has *mostly* brawn?

Batman has the tendency to outsmart his foes. A lot. I'd say if he had a superpower, it'd simply be to stack the odds into his favor. Batman plans and plans and plans. And by planning I mean during a battle. He's observant. He uses his analyzing skills in fighting and observes everything his opponent does. Sometimes he could simply win by sheer skill, others, strategic planning. Batman doesn't need to do a whole preparation before a fight. He could prep during a fight, honestly. He has all he needs. His brain, his brawn, and his gadgets. Specifically, his tactical awareness, his skills and talents, and his gadgets.

Now I don't want batman to win each and every single fight, because at the end of the day, he's human. No human is perfect. Plus batman winning fights back-to-back would just be boring. Maybe that's superman's issue. His creator tried to make him perfect.

Agree

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@orangebat said:

@tantani said:

@orangebat: go to the battle foroum

I do. Are you one of those people that can't detect sarcasm in a post?

No. Cause this isn't the internet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.