Follow

Aquaman

Character » Aquaman appears in 4628 issues.

The son of an Atlantean queen and a lighthouse keeper from the town of Amnesty Bay, Arthur Curry would grow up to become the superhero Aquaman, and later take on his birthright as the King of Atlantis. He is a founding member of the Justice League and is among DC Comics' most recognized heroes.

Aquaman Discussion Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
    deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aquaman comics since rebirth has been really good and I don't see any threads made to discuss his stories. So I have made this thread to discuss everything related to Aquaman post rebirth. Keep this thread active, lets give Arthur the respect he deserves.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Haven't read Aquaman since Bunn's short lived stint....glad he's doing well!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know why Mera vs Justice League issue of JL is cancelled?

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone hate this new artist everyone is circlejerking about? And why does every comic now devolve into making some right wing nationalist a villain. Been downhill HARD starting with dead water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: Ughh. I'll be pissed if true.

It was solicited for Justice League 25. But it has been re-solicited now, Hitch is writing a new story about a cosmic evil awakening on Earth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace said:

It was solicited for Justice League 25. But it has been re-solicited now, Hitch is writing a new story about a cosmic evil awakening on Earth.

EDIT : Ecstatic, a mistake has happened. JL vs Mera hasn't been cancelled. It is solicited for JL #24. Hitch's story is JL 25.

namelessnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone hate this new artist everyone is circlejerking about? And why does every comic now devolve into making some right wing nationalist a villain. Been downhill HARD starting with dead water

Loading Video...

I don't care for the way Aquaman is being drawn, the long wild hair and beard went out in the 90s. The Far left and liberals have pretty much taken over the entertainment business and that would include comic books as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man, where's this hate for issue 25 of Aquaman coming from? That was a MASTERPIECE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recent JL issue was good. Mera has got some good showings and obviously JL members had few low showings. But it was fun reading the issue and the art was absolutely gorgeous. Churchill should be made regular artist in JL/Superman/Action.

Man, where's this hate for issue 25 of Aquaman coming from? That was a MASTERPIECE

It was.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: it wasnt though.... In literally anyway. Art is decent, story is bad, dialogue is decent

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel said:
    @ecstaticgrace said:

EDIT : Ecstatic, a mistake has happened. JL vs Mera hasn't been cancelled. It is solicited for JL #24. Hitch's story is JL 25.

why is she fighting the JL?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@farkam: mera was super badass. She tried to raise the ocean and destroy the magical shield around atlantis. But it didnt break it. It did, however,create the wave that threatened the eastern seaboard. After kicking their collective asses she was invited to join the league.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that was pretty cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been loving most of Dan Abnett's run so far, but I hope after this arc we get short-haired Aquaman back.

I would also like to finally see the wedding between Arthur and Mera soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

getting bored with Aquaman comics...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underwater mutants is an interesting idea. Aquaman 26 was good as usual.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans Black Manta story has been exceptional...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: @ecstaticgrace:

Aquaman was pretty cool in Metal, with him surviving in space without difficulty along with Wondy and Supes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera's been appearing in Justice League recently, and I noticed that the covers have been coloring her costume to look just like Aquaman's (even though she's in her normal all-green costume in the pages). What's up with this?

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been reading Peter David's Aquaman run, pretty damn good stuff. I think I actually like the Barbarian Hair, Beard and Pincer-Hand for Aquaman. Gives him his own distinct look. No wonder those DCEU guys went for that look instead of the orange-green princely look.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The writing has been kind of average in the last arc. Abnett is kind of shiting on Aquaman, to play up other characters. The overall plot is cool, but Arthur is getting shit on in every issue since 24 (although 27 was the best so far). And the possibility of Atlantis possibly electing someone like Mera for their leader in the end of this arc is ridiculous and contradicts the entire run so far.

My guees is Mera will be queen and Aquaman will be joining JLA full time and live on the lighthouse. And he gets the Trident back for good (see Metal) with extra powers or just more consistent use of it's existing powers, (multiple upcoming covers seeem to confirm that)

On the other hand Metal has been perfection, and Aquaman has more great moments in the 2 issues of Metal than in issues 24-28 of his own run (although I believe Abnett will unleash him on issue 30). Metal is shaping up to be one of the greatest DC events ever, pure fun and celebration of DC's history, concepts and world.

Teet Titans / Black Manta crossover was short and great. One of the better contained Manta stories and a cool story under Jackson's belt (great use of his powers also).

Can't wait for Hitch to leave JL. The funny thing is, that his best story so far has been the first arc (issues 1-5), and everything else has just gone downhill from that. And considering the reaction that story got, this automatically makes this one of the worst JL runs ever, ending with the disaster this last arc with the JLChildren is.

@farkam: He has been great in many of his guest appearances at tha period too. Mostly JLA, but some other issues also.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the way Aquaman was written in JLA Y1, soft-spoken, shy guy looking to belong with a lot of resentment and anger under the surface.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman 29:

Damn, I did not see that ending coming. Another solid issue. Excited to see how Underworld ends.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome to hear Mera's getting her own mini-series. It's about time DC gave her the spotlight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, excited for Mera's mini.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So still reading PADs run; Orin > Arthur in terms of character arc and personality. With all the other stuff i've been reading about pc aquaman i can clearly see why he ended up as some disgruntled beared guy who was ok with a harpoon hand. Arthur > Orin in terms of badassness. Arthur is much more regal and godly and clearly has complete confidence in himself despite all the put-downs he suffers from others lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know if you folks already know this, the second arc of Snyder's Justice League is a big Aquaman story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/994207322929950720

Expect a team up with Diana and a trip to Earth's core.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Once again Aquaman and Wonderwoman were written as physical equals in the latest justice league book. Cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace said:

@farkam: I haven't been keeping up with JL but I'll check it out. Especially wasn't expecting Snyder to give Aquaman any justice after being trapped by bubblegum as Batman's contingency or talking to fish in Metal.

So pretty excited to reading it

Snyder's Aquaman is just...there. He lacks an independent voice. The fight between Aquaman and Wonderwoman lasts just two panels, so I wouldn't get wet over it, but it shows them both equaling one another for the ??fourth?? time in these characters history.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Super worried about Kelly DeConnick apparently taking over the Aquaman book next year. She's from that crowd of sjw feminism that destroys everything in its path.

Dan Abnett has been doing a pretty good job on Aquaman with great artists such as Stjepan Sejic and Riccardo Federici really giving the book some life and power.

A little bummed story-wise that Arthur and Mera won't have a more personal hero lifestyle a la Brightest Day or early New 52 Aquaman which was so good.

I just want the two to get officially married and be King and Queen of Atlantis even after Arthur's screw ups as king.

Now in the solicits for Drowned Earth it seems it will end with Aquaman making a huge sacrifice and I don't like the sound of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.