Follow

Zealot

Character » Zealot appears in 370 issues.

Zealot is a Kherubim warrior that was stranded on Earth when her ship crashed thousands of years ago. She founded the Coda and joined the WildC.A.T.S to fight the Daemonites.

Zealot capability thread

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Edited By Saren

I think these showings have been culled from a collection of around 90% of all Zealot's appearances, so they should be fairly comprehensive. ComicVine informs me that there is a three issue series from the 90's called Zealot, which I never even knew about. So I've made a capability thread about a character without ever having read that character's eponymous series. Such is life.

I made this thread after a user on the Battle Forums told me that Zealot would curbstomp Batman no matter how much prep he had, because apparently she's beaten Majestic. Seriously? Majestic? People think Zealot can beat Majestic?

That aside, here are her some of her best feats compiled in one blog post. Feel free to tell me if I've missed something or add it yourself if you have it.

No Caption Provided

WildC.A.T.S v1 #2: Friendly match with Warblade and Maul, where she outreacts Reno and kicks Maul in the gut hard enough for him to feel it. At that size, he's about a 40-50 tonner. She then punches one of the Black Razors hard enough for him to feel it on the same page where another Black Razor showed they were strong enough to hurt Maul in that form.

WildC.A.T.S v1 #8: Beats up some random guys in a bar fight.

WildC.A.T.S v1 #10: Kills a Daemonite (superhuman strength, durability, blah blah)

WildC.A.T.S v1 #12: Uses magic to revert Slag back to his human form.

WildC.A.T.S v1 #13: People who insist Zealot will slaughter everyone via uber deadly bolts of magic should pay attention here. Voodoo conducts psychic surgery on Zealot's soul to disable her magic. She does not have it anymore.

WildC.A.T.S v1 #36: Knocks Majestic back into a wall hard enough for him to put a sizable dent in the wall.

I am not entirely sure how she accomplished this. Might be PIS, might be Deathstroke-kicking-down-Legacy-in-Deathstroke #5. Anyways.

Backlash #31: A short fight with Backlash, one of the very best H2H fighters in Wildstorm. He remarks that he hasn't had a workout like this in a while, which can partly be attributed to him having avoided costumed heroics for a portion of his series, but given his caliber of skill it says something that he wants to see who's the better fighter between him and Zannah.

Wildcore #3: Another fight with Backlash. Marc gets the better of Zealot in H2H combat, she returns the favor in a sword fight. Which is how it should be.

WildC.A.T.S/Aliens: Zealot killing some xenomorphs from the Alien movies. This crossover is canon for Wildstorm, it takes place in between Stormwatch #10 and #11.

WildC.A.T.S v2 #5: Slaughters something like two dozen members of the Coda sisterhood, who are usually all highly trained assassins (the Coda culture revolves around the glorification of combat), quite a few trained by Zannah herself.

WildC.A.T.S v2 #23: Defeats Grifter while not....really....trying....all that much.

Wildstorm Summer Special 2001: Tosses an apple into the air, and then takes down some thugs in the time it takes for the apple to make its descent and then catches it. That's what, 3 or 4 seconds? How long does an apple take to fall?

WildC.A.T.S v3 #13: Fights another pair of Coda assassins. Before she reaches them, she takes a bullet to the arm and leg. Doesn't slow her down or indeed bother her at all, and she still manages to kill them with style.

Captain Atom: Armageddon #4: Zealot vs Captain Atom. Her kusar blade blocks one of his energy blasts. Note her comments about its capabilities. She manages to knock Atom off his feet somehow, and then gets KO'd by an exploding gas main.

Majestic #7: Another example of how sharp kusar blades are; they can pierce Majestic's skin.

Majestic #11: Zealot and Majestic vs Helspont. The same blow that knocks Majestic away is blocked by Zealot's blade; she dodges a punch from him and seemingly cuts his armor (or maybe just made a clanging noise) after Majestros softened him up a bit.

Majestic #14: Carves up a few members of the Shapers' Guild, who are all basically Warblade-lite:

WildC.A.T.S: Nemesis #3: Zealot vs Nemesis (another Coda warrior who can predict attacks and movements by sensing emotions around her, she's kind of a Mr. X/Cassandra Cain mix) in unarmed combat. It is roughly even more or less until Charis taunts Zealot about Savant's parentage; an angry Zannah starts to throttle Nemesis until Daemonites attack the stadium.

DC/Wildstorm: Dreamwar #3: This was a 2008 crossover between DC and Wildstorm, which is canon for the WSU. Zealot fights Batman, and the only reason Bruce even lasts that long is jobbing on Zealot's part (this crossover was filled with horrible writing, like Batman using knockout gas on Spartan and Grifter gunning down Dr. Fate). Still, she guts and beheads him.

Wildstorm Revelations #5: Another fight between Zealot and Nemesis. It's pretty short and even.

WildC.A.T.S v5 #16: While we're on the subject of capabilities, this is how a serious fight between Zealot and Majestic would go:

He'd slap her weapon aside and punch her head clean off. That's about it. I don't know where people got this idea that she can take down Majestic. She's good, but she's not that good.

WildC.A.T.S.v5 #25: Zealot vs Midnighter!

I don't really approve of using this showing to show off Zealot's prowess, mainly because in my opinion it's her best feat (or close to it) ever, so it may be too high-end a showing to serve as a definitive example of how good Zealot is on average. Anyway, she fights Midnighter H2H for 4 hours non-stop, and then they switch to fighting with weapons, where Midnighter is at a disadvantage because all he's got to counter a kusar blade is a staff. Zealot gets into his head a bit by taunting him about not being able to save his daughter, and then they're both trying to throttle each other until Maul intervenes. I just call this one a draw. Honestly though, Midnighter should have done better.

That's all I got.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Billy Batson

Bah, I was expecting a Mr. Majestic blog when I saw your uploads. You disappoint.
    BB

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

hey i liked dreamwar! okay i liked the idea of dreamwar , midnighter almost losing to joker, the legion becoming mass murdering psychos.zealot as u mentioned fighting kinda handicapped with batman . that was kinda bad . but that apollo, majestic, superman vs doomsday was cool and amazons vs vampires c'mon!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I've always heard two things about Zealot:

• She's the greatest, but I don't have a lot of scans to prove it.
    • She's vastly overrated.

Now I'll have the chance to read through all of this and hopefully form a half decent opinion of my own. Keep up the great work with the blog-type threads,

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

This is amazing :D

You're gonna want to have a look at this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saren

@Billy Batson said:

Bah, I was expecting a Mr. Majestic blog when I saw your uploads. You disappoint.
    BB

Would I make a Majestic capability thread when Buckshot's already done that? YOU disappoint.

@k4tzm4n: @Mercy_: Thank you muchly.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Mercy_ said:

This is amazing :D

@Gambler You're gonna want to have a look at this.

Badass.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

@CitizenBane:

You could always try to outdo him^^
    BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

@Billy Batson: Yeah, that'll happen.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Billy Batson

@CitizenBane:

No Caption Provided

BB

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Zealot would stomp out Batman but it has nothing to do with whether or not she can beat Majestic. She has over a centuries worth of combat skills. This would include tactics not just physical prowess.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saren

@Gambler said:

Zealot would stomp out Batman but it has nothing to do with whether or not she can beat Majestic. She has over a centuries worth of combat skills. This would include tactics not just physical prowess.

Way more than a century.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Primmaster64

....Superman took out Helspont alone....lol

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

@Primmaster64: Didn't take him out, lol. Helspont just left abruptly.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane:

I have a question. Aren't Kusar Blades and Creation Blades the same thing?

What can one do that the other blade can't?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Saren

@majestic99: No, they're not. The Creation Blades are indestructible and can cut through anything, including abstracts. The kusar blades are not and cannot.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

Wow, that was extremely informative. Excellent thread CB.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Purgy

That is awesome. But i wonder if they'll add her to the new DCU?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@Purgy: They already did. She's currently in Deathstroke's book.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Purgy

Really? then i have to check that out.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane said:

@majestic99: No, they're not. The Creation Blades are indestructible and can cut through anything, including abstracts. The kusar blades are not and cannot.

I thought Kusar Blades can cut through anything as well. I remember reading Captain Armaggedon #4 and Zealot stating her blade can "cut the rough edges off an electron." Doesn't that mean it cut through any form of matter?(when has it been stated her Kusar Blade isn't indestructible)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

@CitizenBane said:

I thought Kusar Blades can cut through anything as well. I remember reading Captain Armaggedon #4 and Zealot stating her blade can "cut the rough edged off an electron." Doesn't that mean it cut through any form of matter?(when has it been stated her Kusar Blade isn't indestructible)

I doubt it would imply that. Green Lantern rings can split atoms but there are things that they haven't been able to destroy.

In the WildC.A.T.S/Aliens crossover, the Xenomorph's blood was corroding the blade and there was an issue of WildC.A.T.S v1 where the Kheran Coda placed some kind of bomb in Zealot's sword. I don't remember what happened but I think it was destroyed in the explosion.

Zealot's statements might not necessarily be fact, she talks a lot and can bloviate on occasion. The Kusar Blade piercing Majestic's skin is a better indicator of its capabilities than Zealot's word.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By majestic99

@Gambler said:

Way, way, way more than that.

For virtually all of her life(which are tens of thousands of years in the very least, due to Kherubim being enormously long-lived, if not immortal, warrior race)Zealot has mastered virtually all known forms of combat and weaponry,both human and alien in origin.

Not to mention it's been stated that to attack Zealot when she possesses a bladed weapon(mainly kusar blade) is considered near suicide.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane:

Thanks for the info. And nice respect thread for an underrated female superhero.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@CitizenBane: nice blog....i have never read a comic book wit zealot... so can u tell me...if her power levels are those of a kherubim lord or just normal kherubim? since i think majestic's powers were enhanced by some aliens on top of the powers of kherubim lord.. i m kinda confused on the difference in power levels of normal kherubims, kherubim lords and mr majestic

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saren

@cloudzackvincent: There are no standard power levels for Kherans. They are divided into different classes, and the members of each class have different powers and thus different stats. Majestic belongs to the Pantheon, which consists of men with powers like him, so they're the most powerful members of the Kherubim. Zealot, Nemesis, Savant and so on belong to the Coda, which is an all-female class. Their stats are on average about upper-street level, certainly above peak human but nowhere near Majestic's level. Then there's the Shaper's Guild, which consists of people like Warblade and Javen, and the Titanothropes, which consists of people like Maul.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@CitizenBane: ok thanks .. and ty fr d blog again..this is the frst time i have learned so mch abt zealot

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By jrock85

I nearly collapsed in agony when I found out that DC was giving her to Liefeld.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

A couple comments:

I don't know how accurately Maul's strength can be stated at any size. It's always seemed to me that his strength and intelligence were better correlated than his strength and his size (though all things vary). At Strong Guy size (and still fairly intelligent) he claimed that his fist had the mass of an aircraft carrier. Just lifting that fist would require strength well beyond the 40-50 ton range.

With Zealot knocking Majestic back, I don't think it's PIS or anything of the sort. Majestic doesn't weigh much (relatively) so if he's not actively resisting her strength, then it's not a big deal. The dent makes it still a show of strength, but it's not like she's overcoming his strength.

It always bugs me when people call all Kheran blades Kusar blades. They may well be, but there's nothing stating that. Majestic calls his blade a Kusar blade, but I don't recall that showing up anywhere else. Majestic has actually grabbed Zealot's blade before (check where she knocks him back) and didn't receive the kind of damage he got from touching his sword with his thumb.

Think I'd disagree with Zealot "throttling" Nemesis since all it really was was Zealot tackling her and being on her for a single panel. I think elsewhere though Nemesis says that she and Zealot are the best. My thought is generally that Nemesis is better in any fight...unless Zealot has a sword. Though I think in their fight on the rooftop, where they fought evenly, Nemesis had been drinking.

The only other stuff I might add is how often she blocks/deflects bullets/lasers, but that's kind of all over and inconsistent.

Excellent job though. Some days I consider giving you my title of Resident Wildstorm Expert because youre online more....Some days...

hmmm, idea, we could unite and simply be referred to as The Authority. fitting i think.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By kheranlord12

@Buckshot said:

A couple comments:

I don't know how accurately Maul's strength can be stated at any size. It's always seemed to me that his strength and intelligence were better correlated than his strength and his size (though all things vary). At Strong Guy size (and still fairly intelligent) he claimed that his fist had the mass of an aircraft carrier. Just lifting that fist would require strength well beyond the 40-50 ton range.

With Zealot knocking Majestic back, I don't think it's PIS or anything of the sort. Majestic doesn't weigh much (relatively) so if he's not actively resisting her strength, thenit's not a big deal. The dent makes it still a show of strength, but it's not like she's overcoming his strength.

It always bugs me when people call all Kheran blades Kusar blades. They may well be, but there's nothing stating that. Majestic calls his blade a Kusar blade, but I don't recall that showing up anywhere else. Majestic has actually grabbed Zealot's blade before (check where she knocks him back) and didn't receive the kind of damage he got from touching his sword with his thumb.

Think I'd disagree with Zealot "throttling" Nemesis since all it really waswas Zealot tackling her and being on her for a single panel. I think elsewhere though Nemesis says that she and Zealot are the best. My thought is generally that Nemesis is better in any fight...unless Zealot has a sword. Though I think in their fight on the rooftop, where they fought evenly, Nemesis had been drinking.

The only other stuff I might add is how often she blocks/deflects bullets/lasers, but that's kind of all over and inconsistent.

Excellent job though. Some days I consider giving you my title of Resident Wildstorm Expert....Some days...

hmmm, idea, we could unite and simply be referred to as The Authority. fitting i think.

I reckon Nemesis is slighty better then Zealot despite the fact that she has more experience then her due to the fact that her training was more brutal.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@CitizenBane said:

@cloudzackvincent: There are no standard power levels for Kherans. They are divided into different classes, and the members of each class have different powers and thus different stats. Majestic belongs to the Pantheon, which consists of men with powers like him, so they're the most powerful members of the Kherubim. Zealot, Nemesis, Savant and so on belong to the Coda, which is an all-female class. Their stats are on average about upper-street level, certainly above peak human but nowhere near Majestic's level. Then there's the Shaper's Guild, which consists of people like Warblade and Javen, and the Titanothropes, which consists of people like Maul.

Just adding: There are also the Brotherhood of the Blade, which are basically the male equivalent of the Coda, and lower classes including the Adrastea (of which Nemesis is the most well known member) who apparently regularly manifest psychic abilities like hers.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@Buckshot: thkns fr reply...but i always thought majestic's kheran physiology is what gave him most of the powers.... is there any explanation given why the kheran power levels are vastly different among different groups?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@cloudzackvincent: There is no real explanation for the difference among the pure classes (Coda, Brotherhood, Pantheon). The titanthropes are another race entirely and they are pretty consistent. The shapers aren't really like the other Kherans and are again pretty consistent in power level within their group, but they are considered part of the race. What makes sense to me with regards to the pure Kherans (and this isn't anywhere, just like "pure" classes or Kherans isn't anywhere, it's just how i make sense of something that's largely unexplained) is that the default physiology is like that of Zealot. The Coda and the Brotherhood of the Blade are all this way, and the lower classes like the Adrastea, from what has been shown, are also physically like Zealot. Then there is the Pantheon, which are physically beyond the rest and often have psychic or energy powers of some sort. Psychic abilities don't seem to be the norm for the default Kheran physiology, but it appears in lower classes and the Pantheon in different amounts. So to simplify it I guess, you might consider the generic Kheran not like Majestic, but like Zealot, a low level superhuman. There are some Kherans that are higher level superhumans with a basic Superman powerset. Psychic and energy abilities can appear in the normal or super population. Living with the Kherans are other races (titanthropes, shapers) that have more consistent phenotypes.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Saren

@Buckshot:

Yes, but this was from a very early point in Maul's history, only his second appearance, and his strength at that point wasn't as considerable as how it would later be written at. He also got dumber and more savage at smaller sizes back then. In the issue right after that, the Wildcats fought Youngblood, and Maul completely lost control of himself. In that instance, he was described as being the size of a house. He was much bigger when he tussled with Defile during World's End, but even there he retained at least some semblance of intelligence.

With Zealot knocking Majestic back, I don't think it's PIS or anything of the sort. Majestic doesn't weigh much (relatively) so if he's not actively resisting her strength, then it's not a big deal. The dent makes it still a show of strength, but it's not like she's overcoming his strength.

Makes sense.

I've only ever seen Majestic possess two kinds of blades, the kusar blade and the quantum-folded blade. When I see Majestic using a sword I tend to think it's one of those two. The latter is easily identifiable since the blade is broader than a typical sword, so if it's not the quantum-folded blade I assume it's the kusar blade. Majestic fought a few Coda assassins later on in that series though, and clashed swords with them without their blades breaking on contact. Zealot's blades might not (probably aren't) the same as Majestic's blades then. I've never seen her or anyone else call her blades kusar blades, they're always just called Kheran blades. My bad.

Majestic grabbed Zealot's blade, yes, but again this is from a time when her blades weren't written the way the way they would later be written. Right before Zealot accidentally killed him, Jeremy said her blade could could cut through anything on a molecular level. Such descriptions weren't going around during the first volume of WildC.A.T.S.

Think I'd disagree with Zealot "throttling" Nemesis since all it really was was Zealot tackling her and being on her for a single panel. I think elsewhere though Nemesis says that she and Zealot are the best. My thought is generally that Nemesis is better in any fight...unless Zealot has a sword. Though I think in their fight on the rooftop, where they fought evenly, Nemesis had been drinking.

Throttling may have been a bit much. I don't remember Nemesis really being drunk in that fight or at least drunk enough to affect her actions (she had a conversation with Zealot about Kenesha shortly after that and seemed sober enough).

Everyone does that, I guess.

Excellent job though. Some days I consider giving you my title of Resident Wildstorm Expert because youre online more....Some days...

LOL. Thanks, man.

cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@Buckshot: ok thanks fr the reply...it has helped clear a lot of confusions

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cameron83

that zealot and batman thing was the biggest piece of crap i have ever seen

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dondave

Awesome Thread

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.