Follow

Zatanna

Character » Zatanna appears in 1684 issues.

A good stage magician and daughter of magician Giovanni John Zatara, Zatanna, the Mistress of Magic, after her father vanished, kidnapped by an old foe she delved into his library and learned about her ancestors, Zatanna taught herself how to get access to her power by speaking her spells backwards, and became one of most powerful magic-users in the DC Universe.

New 52

FrostChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FrostChild

Zatanna has always been a favorite of mine but I haven't had time to dive into this new 52 stuff. So I was hoping if anyone could tell me how they are treating my girl. One of the tings that first appealed to me about Zatanna was that she was extremely powerful but still really down to Earth. Thanks for the help fellow comic lovers.

1. Is she an playing an important role? If so what is it?

2. How powerful is she?

3. Does her personality compare to her former self? Does her power compare to her former self?

4.What are her new feats? (please post scans if possible)

5. How well is she fitting in with her team (Justice League Dark) as well as any other team.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

@FrostChild:

1. Member of Justice League Dark, earths foremost magical defense team

2. Significantly depowered how much exactly is unknown

3.Her personality is.......... basically the same I guess, a little less fun so far

4. She hasn't really done all that much, no really notable feats

5.No they all hate each other over at JLD, she's still friends with Batman and to a lesser extent the regular JL

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

The OP sounds like a concerned mother who hasnt seen her daughter in months. But BA has the gist of it.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

Darn I was afraid they would depower her. After all the years DC spent building her powers up just to weaken her. Maybe the process will repeat itself and she will get stronger.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MenaceForever2

She sort of looks like a sex object in the new 52

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.