Follow

Zapp Brannigan

Character » Zapp Brannigan appears in 38 issues.

Zapp is the rude, woman loving, twenty-five star captain of the Nimbus. He is also the captain of DOOP, or the Democratic Order of Planets.

Futurama: Your Thoughts on the New Season

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cafeterialoca

I thought the first episode was GREAT!
    I thought the second was good up til the third act.  They were winging it then.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Cafeterialoca
    @aztek the lost: I have a habit of doing that.
    Whitehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Whitehawk
    @aztek the lost: Don't you live in Canada? Where are you watching this, and where can I?!
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DH69

dont get comdey central sadly

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg

I loved both of the new episodes, but I'm not the person to ask for an unbiased opinion. It will probably take a few more episodes for them to really hit their stride, but I definitely enjoyed the first two. I liked the consistency of picking up where Into The Wild Green Yonder left off. We get some immediate changes in the Fry/Leela relationship. The scene where Fry is trying to choose which Leela to shoot, only to shoot himself was an instant classic, especially since the robot Leela admitted she was the robot. The entire business of Farnsworth proving Leela was in a coma was also pretty great. Zapp's re-entry into the series was also hilarious and appropriate.  

The second episode was also fairly good, IMO. The invisible ship which leaves Leela and Zapp visible was a nice little homage to Wonder Woman's invisible jet. Zapp realizing what it would take to actually propagate the human race was a great moment - "Eeeeuuuch! Is that really what happened in the Bible?!" The way he greeted Nixon was especially hilarious to me. A very respectful "Mr. President.", followed immediately by "What the hell?". Also liked the fact that the planet that was last destroyed was the Nude Beach Planet from Bender's Big Score. The Chamber of Understanding was a great concept/gag. Clearly related to The Angry Dome, which is an old favorite of mine. 

Like aztek said, it will take a few more viewing to completely memorize the episodes (OK, that's not what aztek said, but it's what I'll do), but I enjoyed them. I thought Rebirth to be a much stronger episode. It was written by David X. Cohen, while In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela was written by a new writer on the series. I'm looking forward to more new episodes, and as I said, I think they will get better as the season progresses.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I was really pleased with the new episodes 
    it has me very excited for the new season

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.