Follow

Youngblood

Team » Youngblood appears in 219 issues.

Youngblood is a team of superheroes formed by the United States government to be the next generation of heroes.

Where to start

mmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mmm

I wanted to start reading this title and i'm not sure where to start. Can anyone recommend there favorite storylines or a good starting point for a new reader?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zoom

I'd try reading Wolfman's New Teen Titans and Nicieza's X-Force.  Maybe some Kirby Fantastic Four. 

Most of the Youngblood characters are lifted straight out of those three books and since Liefield wrote and drew Youngblood, the book is significantly worse. 

I mean seriously.  Why would you want to read something that is regarded as one of the worst comic series of all time?
    mmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mmm
    @Zoom:
    wow i had no idea that its that bad! I was considering picking up youngblood or wildcats, i think i'll go with wildcats.
    shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
    @mmm said:
    " I wanted to start reading this title and i'm not sure where to start. Can anyone recommend there favorite storylines or a good starting point for a new reader? "
    The series got a reboot with issue 9 so if you want to know whats current, that'd be a place to start. The Derec Donovan/Joe Casey run is available in TPB I believe.  
    Thumb through an issue or the TPB on your own before you buy it, see if you like it.  Don't let other people choose what you like.  
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By IrishX
    @Shatterstar said:
    "Don't let other people choose what you like.   "

Agreed.
    Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Demonturtle

If your gonna start to read the series.....start with Volume 1 from 94 or so.  The artwork is great, story is good and its not to bad.  The only problem I ever had with Youngblood (other than relase date issues from day 1) was to many crossovers.  But thats just me.
    AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AskaniSon295

The Truth about Youngblood it is Some of Greatest artwork in the history of comics unfortunatley the stories are probably some of the worst but alot of stories carried on in Team Youngblood, Brigade,Bloodstrike, Newmen, Prophet, Supreme & Glory are some of the best. So if you want to get in youngblood start with original 94 series and the switch over to team youngblood and strikefile oh and the most important thing to rember it's a 5 issue limited series and the last issue is behind Brigade 4. I allways get so frustrated when I forget that imagine being a 14 year old boy used to montly comics waiting 3-4 months if not longer for a story to end than finding out you had to buy another comic. I think I bought my first issue of Rai and The Future Force after that.

Eyelash30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#8  Edited By Eyelash30

Considerate some of Alan Moore's work on the series, potentially 'Judgement Day'. Youngblood became heavily ripped off from X-Men spin-offs, Liefield's stories are bad yet his art is good 30% of the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.