Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Young Justice 126 "Auld Acquaintances" Spoilers

• 54 results
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bestostero

A great conclusion to season 1, and I'm excited that they're jumping right into season 2 next week, given all the breaks and hiatuses they have thrown at us, we shouldn't have to wait anymore...but I'm sure soon enough we'll have another mid season break...

We find out the real Roy Harper has his arm missing and is under Ra's al Ghul's custody in one of those cadmus pods, could that mean Roy will have a similar story to Jason Todd and turn into Arsenal and be a villain alongside Cheshire like in TITANS while coping with his missing arm and so fourth? What about the Red Arrow clone?

Where was Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, John Stewart, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter for those missing 16 hours? Apokolips? With the use of boom tubes and what not, and the idea of "Invasion" from Apokolips could be reasonable...

And of course, if you haven't seen already, the new preview for the next season unveils some new possible members for the team!

BatBen9135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BatBen9135

I loved how the six members missing were the members from the roster in the Justice League series. It was a nice easter egg. Loved this series, and Invasion looks awesome. Can't wait for next week!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bestostero

@BatBen9135: Yes! I picked that up too...of course Wally is excluded though...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Most likely the real Roy would die.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bestostero

@Jnr6Lil: I hope not! Why do you think he'll die? I think it will follow the Rise of Arsenal story arc where Roy loses his arm and turns to drugs and becomes a villain working with Cheshire.

No Caption Provided
    Justice League: The Rise Of Arsenal #1

...but anyways, forgot to say the nicest part imo was when Superman FINALLY acknowledges Superboy and was happy he chose the name Connor Kent and revealed his name was Clark Kent...

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@Bestostero: I doubt they will have Roy fall into drug addiction, since this IS still a Cartoon Network show, regardless of the older target audience. However, the Roy in the pod at the end did appear to be missing an arm, and I do very much expect him to wind up working with Cheshire.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bestostero

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@Bestostero: I doubt they will have Roy fall into drug addiction, since this IS still a Cartoon Network show, regardless of the older target audience. However, the Roy in the pod at the end did appear to be missing an arm, and I do very much expect him to wind up working with Cheshire.

I agree with both points! It's makes complete sense to me to have Roy with Cheshire, since Cheshire's main partner (Sporstmaster) has been subdued by the team in Usual Suspects....

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By YoggSaron

@Bestostero: Wally was excluded because the people depicted were more likely an homage to the Justice Lords, who's Wally was killed by Lex Luthor.

The kissing scene at the end was a little rushed and came across as kind of awkward, as did Superman's acceptance of Superboy.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Bestostero said:

@Jnr6Lil: I hope not! Why do you think he'll die? I think it will follow the Rise of Arsenal story arc where Roy loses his arm and turns to drugs and becomes a villain working with Cheshire.

No Caption Provided

...but anyways, forgot to say the nicest part imo was when Superman FINALLY acknowledges Superboy and was happy he chose the name Connor Kent and revealed his name was Clark Kent...

Because the clone has gotten way more development then him.

Rise of Arsenal? Turns to drugs? 1. This is a cartoon show so no drugs here. and 2. You guys are making the story more complicated than it is. You should know that this show has no relation to the comics whatsoever, so don't expect them to use DC Storylines.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bestostero

@YoggSaron: good call! didnt realize that

@Jnr6Lil: i didnt say they would use the exact storyline...i was just explaining what happens in the Rise of Arsenal storyline lol and i disagree, while i dont think they copy storylines exactly, i feel they do take a lot of inspiration and elements from the comics...

kg1507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kg1507

@YoggSaron: Maybe it was a little fast for Superman to reveal his identity, but I've been waiting so long for Superman to finally accept Superboy that I don't even care lol

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatteredArmor

Ah, it's out I can finally uncensor my commentary from last week and insert names instead of the word blank

@Bestostero said:

oh yes, get ready for A LOT of pis in the next episode...worst than the Injustice League episode lol

True there is no way in hell that Robin and Superboy could hold there own against Batman and Superman especially with Superboy being untrained and Robin being so young, maybe if Robin and Superboy had gone in with a plan I could buy it but them seemingly just magically working in perfect tandem in order to beat Batman and more importantly Superman is complete PIS and BS

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bestostero

the kiss scene was a bit awkward even if it was new years lol

did Robin kiss Zatanna? i think all the other couples did but i dont remember if Zatanna and Dick kissed...

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By not2baad

@Bestostero said:

the kiss scene was a bit awkward even if it was new years lol

did Robin kiss Zatanna? i think all the other couples did but i dont remember if Zatanna and Dick kissed...

yes right before rocket kissed aqualad

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skaddix

I think we already had Drug Addiction. Superboy using Sheilds is the rough equivalent of an athlete using performance enhancing durgs.

CorporalAtlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CorporalAtlas

@BlackArmor: They gave the reason for this in the show. Klarion was controlling them so none of them were fully capable.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatteredArmor

@CorporalAtlas: Still a feat of PIS

CorporalAtlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CorporalAtlas

Klarion not being able to manipulate a number of people at once to maximum efficiency? The only reason Joker was able to do that across the globe with such skill was because this incarnation, "had practice juggling multiple personalities" and the only reason Klarion was probably even able to do that with multiple people was because chaos is his element. This show has stressed how a wandering mind effects combat performance so it really all seems to add up.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Skaddix

Not to mention when in fiction has mind controlling heroes ever proofed as effective as those heroes working on their own.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By krspaceT

You know, I was actually a little dissapointed, I was expecting the team to get cut off from the Justice League controlled by the light and get claimed as rogue.....

I was also expecting Aqualad to turncoat

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@BlackArmor said:

Ah, it's out I can finally uncensor my commentary from last week and insert names instead of the word blank

@Bestostero said:

oh yes, get ready for A LOT of pis in the next episode...worst than the Injustice League episode lol

True there is no way in hell that Robin and Superboy could hold there own against Batman and Superman especially with Superboy being untrained and Robin being so young, maybe if Robin and Superboy had gone in with a plan I could buy it but them seemingly just magically working in perfect tandem in order to beat Batman and more importantly Superman is complete PIS and BS

They didn't really beat them. They just got one attack.@Bestostero: I don't see it. They use elements from DC but not storyline ideas considering this takes place in the beginning of superheroes.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dhor

i prefer that they use some elements from the comics and create different storylines. it`s better then a retelling of old stories. I think this show is great and it`s gets better and better the more episodes you watch . it`s probably the best show right now and one of the best of all times. the only problem i have is that they used heroes from different generations. i love the Superboy / Robin combo when they are Conner/Tim and i love the Kid flash/Robin when Wally/Dick. for them to mix generations seem the be a mistake since most of the characters act like their comic conterpart from the other generation (dick=tim, wally=bart)(at least that`s how i see em). Anyway great series and a great ending for season 1 . i really hope there are more seasons to come (6 seasons and a movie :D)

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Atari_Graphics

One of best shows on television and I'm not just talking about animated shows. It could be argued that Young Justice belongs in the discussion for top 10 best shows on TV period. Along with Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, etc.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By krspaceT

@Atari_Graphics: Never heard of them

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dhor

@Atari_Graphics: i was thinking the same . i mean there are a lot of Tv shows that don`t have a writing team this good. i watch a good deal of shows and i can agree with you 100%

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skaddix

Cartoons don't get respect especially not if they are tv shows. Only Pixar Cartoons get any real respect.

PoachedPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PoachedPig

I guess its a good episode. But I think the whole episode happened so so fast.

Plus the kissing scene is like meh. Do they really have to kiss? All of them? I can understand Superboy and Megan and probably KF and Artemis. But the Zatanna - Robin and Rocket - Aqualad was is too much!

Can't wait for the Invasion though. Are going to have a time skip? Like 1 year? Batgirl and Robin seems a bit older in the trailers...

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By jrock85

It was a pretty good episode.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Mega_spidey01

yeah, it was great.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By ComicStooge

Best part of the episode, and maybe the whole season, was Robin\Superboy vs Batman\Superman.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wonderbrezzy
    @ComicStooge: That  was  unrealistic, thats like  R2-d2 and C3Po  vs a Terminator and robocop and beating them  no way!
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ComicStooge

Well Robin wasn't able to land a tag on Batman, despite the fact he was mind controled. He also used gas grenades and escrima sticks, mind-contolled Bats just used his fists. Superboy only survived his fight against Superman because of his durability.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmoothJammin

Not to mention both leaguers were basically grunts, following instructions set by Vandal Savage. I believe there's an instance during the episode where one of the sidekicks remarks, if the adults had full control over their bodies and minds there's no doubt The Team would have likely been killed already. It definitely says alot that zombie Bats/Supes came close to taking them down.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ComicStooge

Yeah, KF said it. I thought it was really cool when Robin looked away from Bruce for a second and he appeared behind him and punched him down that hole.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cattlebattle

Great episode, great season finale

I love the retrospective of Red Arrow, you can actually go back and watch his episodes and blatantly see hints of his story...for instance, whenever asked about the League he always responds "born that way" I'm sure its just a saying but if you think about it, he was technically "born" to join and betray the JL, so I thought that was kind of ironic

Despite all the action I was glad to see Zatanna try to remove Fates helmet from her father, most shows would have forgot about a story arc like that in such an intense season finale, It was a nice touch...

The League members that went missing were the same roster as the Justice Lords from the JL show....very nice homage, its also interesting to see where they went and what they did.

and finally, I am not very knowledgeable of Vandal Savage, other than his appearances on the JL show and some appearances in the comics, but I thought his speech and overall plot were reminiscent  of Apocalypse from X-Men lore, he had also been around a very long time and had believed in survival of the fittest nd believed in domination through all sorts of ill gotten gains...actually there has been several things in YJ that reminded of X-men...but that could be the writers drawing inspiration from not only the source books, but from all sorts of places

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Atari_Graphics

@PoachedPig said:

I guess its a good episode. But I think the whole episode happened so so fast.

Plus the kissing scene is like meh. Do they really have to kiss? All of them? I can understand Superboy and Megan and probably KF and Artemis. But the Zatanna - Robin and Rocket - Aqualad was is too much!

Can't wait for the Invasion though. Are going to have a time skip? Like 1 year? Batgirl and Robin seems a bit older in the trailers...

Sounds like somebody has never been kissed before. Be patient, everybody matures differently.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Here are my thoughts on the season finale:

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By joshuagamer

I loved it! I'm really glad that Icon and Rocket have been incorporated into the show and really look forward to Blue Beetle and Wondergirl (because I was pissed at the beginning of the show when I found out they didn't have the rights to her and because of the potential for a love triangle to form with her, Superboy, and Miss Martian). Hopefully, Young Justice can do for these Milestone characters what Justice League did for John Stewart. I hope they keep the clone Roy around, as he's pretty beast and he would offer an interesting element once they gt back the real one.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By krspaceT

@joshuagamer: seeing as Artemis is in the Culling, perhaps we can see that

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By X9

: Well, I can actually see point. It's not a matter of never have been kissed before (¬¬) but it was a bit forced to make ALL the team members end up as possible couples. Especially Rocket, her crush on Aqualad came so out of the blue, like the creators were sorry for him,as the oldest of the team, don't have a girl :P

Anyway, they've already said not all of these couples are really gonna be couples on Invasion, so... yeah, less unecessary episodes about relationships and bla bla. (I'm not really having patience with these teen issues right now :P)

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@cattlebattle said:

Great episode, great season finale I love the retrospective of Red Arrow, you can actually go back and watch his episodes and blatantly see hints of his story...for instance, whenever asked about the League he always responds "born that way" I'm sure its just a saying but if you think about it, he was technically "born" to join and betray the JL, so I thought that was kind of ironic Despite all the action I was glad to see Zatanna try to remove Fates helmet from her father, most shows would have forgot about a story arc like that in such an intense season finale, It was a nice touch... The League members that went missing were the same roster as the Justice Lords from the JL show....very nice homage, its also interesting to see where they went and what they did. and finally, I am not very knowledgeable of Vandal Savage, other than his appearances on the JL show and some appearances in the comics, but I thought his speech and overall plot were reminiscent of Apocalypse from X-Men lore, he had also been around a very long time and had believed in survival of the fittest nd believed in domination through all sorts of ill gotten gains...actually there has been several things in YJ that reminded of X-men...but that could be the writers drawing inspiration from not only the source books, but from all sorts of places

But Batman didn't go missing.

PoachedPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PoachedPig

@X9: exactly what I meant...

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bestostero
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Bestostero: Interesting, No Flash

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Atari_Graphics

@X9 said:

: Well, I can actually see point. It's not a matter of never have been kissed before (¬¬) but it was a bit forced to make ALL the team members end up as possible couples. Especially Rocket, her crush on Aqualad came so out of the blue, like the creators were sorry for him,as the oldest of the team, don't have a girl :P

Anyway, they've already said not all of these couples are really gonna be couples on Invasion, so... yeah, less unecessary episodes about relationships and bla bla. (I'm not really having patience with these teen issues right now :P)

Who said anything about couples? Besides Conner and MM which was a developing thing. The team won a big fight and they celebrated a little bit, they are all attractive teenagers and making out is not uncommon for this breed. If you are not attractive and have bad memories of teenage rejection than I can see where this scene felt forced to you. Get over it, some teenagers made out without you. Don't read to much into it. (I'm not speaking to anyone specifically, just my general point of view)

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By X9

: "Not attractive, bad memories of teenage rejection"... dude, I didn't know there had to be so much phycological burden for someone not to go crazy about six fictitious characters kissing ¬¬

Yeah, you're right. That's a normal thing, happens a lot, that's why it's tiring to see it happening again. And we know anything is gratuitous when it comes to series/comics. As I had any idea of what might be coming in Season 2, I was just hoping that the creators wouldn't try to develop each of the couples. (couples = a male individual + a female individual)

Anyway, just saw the episode. This season seems promising...

Atari_Graphics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Atari_Graphics

@X9 said:

: "Not attractive, bad memories of teenage rejection"... dude, I didn't know there had to be so much phycological burden for someone not to go crazy about six fictitious characters kissing ¬¬

Yeah, you're right. That's a normal thing, happens a lot, that's why it's tiring to see it happening again. And we know anything is gratuitous when it comes to series/comics. As I had any idea of what might be coming in Season 2, I was just hoping that the creators wouldn't try to develop each of the couples. (couples = a male individual + a female individual)

Agreed, exciting first episode, it's going to be great peeling back all the layers of time that have passed since we last saw them all making out gratuitously. I'm just glad there are still competent storytellers out there who you can count on to consistently produce amazing content. We're lucky, all animated series could be like Ultimate Spiderman, completely worthless.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Atari_Graphics said:

@X9 said:

Agreed, exciting first episode, it's going to be great peeling back all the layers of time that have passed since we last saw them all making out gratuitously. I'm just glad there are still competent storytellers out there who you can count on to consistently produce amazing content. We're lucky, all animated series could be like Ultimate Spiderman, completely worthless.

How about the next episodes be flashbacks from 2011-2016.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By X9

: It could work for a few episodes. But I don't think it's happening till episode 3...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@X9: Just a way to explain the gap between 5 years. 5 episodes could cover that. 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.