Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

So far the Team has accomplished nothing this season

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By srk12

If you think about it, they really have not accomplished anything other than finding out that Reach was the Light's hidden partner. Even that discovery was useless because they found that out at the exact time when the Reach exposed themselves to the world as friends. Outside of that, its hard to see any good that they have done. Their HQ got destroyed. Blue Beetle who was free of the scarab before has now brought himself under Reach control due to his paranoia. Kaldur's brain got fried and he is now the target of Cheshire's wrath. Miss Martian and Artemis are essentially trapped on Black Manta's submarine. Superboy, Mal, Bumblebee, Batgirl, Robin, Impulse, Beast Boy, and Cassie have now been captured by the Reach. Lagoon Boy I assume is out of commission with an injured leg. That leaves Nightwing and Arsenal (presuming he escaped) as the only remaining team members unless I'm missing someone. I hope Nightwing has a plan of some kind because he has come off as a pretty poor leader this season. None of his plans have worked and he has pretty much stopped going out in the field.

Avatar image for thavoiceofthevoiceless
    Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The loglines for the "The Hunt" which will air February 23 says that Lex Luthor will give Static and the crew the mission to rescue the team. With that in mind, I'm assuming that The Light is going to see the The Reach's true intentions.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

Yeah, you are right. They haven't really done anything. But it's hard to do something when there's about 10-20 subplots going on at the same time.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By marvel123

give it some time time (or at least whatever little it has left), hopefuly they can tie up every thing well in the end. just be a little patient, at least the suspense keeps us watching.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheCannon said:

Yeah, you are right. They haven't really done anything. But it's hard to do something when there's about 10-20 subplots going on at the same time.

This.

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jasontodd7

@Thavoiceofthevoiceless: i think the light alrdeady know the reach true intentions..

It remain to be seen what they actually needed from them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give it time, if the writers are as brilliant as I think they are, we're in for something really good.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By srk12

@Wboy: We are 15 episodes into the season with only 5 more left before the show ends. How much more time do we give them??? Not even the best writers can wrap up all the mess of this season in 5 episodes without making it feel like a rushed ending. I felt something similar about season 1. The first 24 episodes were wonderful build up but the climax in the last two episodes were rushed and anti-climactic. I fear something similar here except to a higher degree. We have had 15 episodes with multiple parallel storylines all of which have moved forward at snails pace. In order to wrap up at least most of the storylines, the writers will have to rush through at least some of them.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SupBatz

As much as I do enjoy the show, I agree. It's disheartening to see the team fail week after week. I get that they want to make the bad guys seen formidable but to have them always come out on top and have every detail of what goes on in each episode completely planned out is just bad writing.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By papad1992

There's like 5 episodes left, I believe!

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jasontodd7

Arsenal could call for help.. Blue beetle was already seen to be vulnerable to magic and Dr Fate, the world's best sorcerer and Captain Marvel are out in deep space, close enough to beat BB ass.

And let's make this clear, i still doubt that Blue is still 100% on -mode.

1. why he didin't just kill the team.

2. That "hermano" thing sounded more like Jamie than the scarab.

Somehow i still doubt/hope that we didin't see yet the full story of green bettle reprograming jamie.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Beetle will be fixed. Kaldar will be fixed. The Reach will be exposed as invaders. The Light will be held responsible for the Justice Leagues' attacks and The Runaways will become the next generation of Young Justice. Nightwing and Arsenal might get help from Red Arrow to rescue the team. He might also convince Chesire to cease her attempts at killing Kaldar as it was all a hoax. Hopefully these events will transpire.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SuperJedi17

@Oscars94 said:

Blue Beetle will be fixed. Kaldar will be fixed. The Reach will be exposed as invaders. The Light will be held responsible for the Justice Leagues' attacks and The Runaways will become the next generation of Young Justice. Nightwing and Arsenal might get help from Red Arrow to rescue the team. He might also convince Chesire to cease her attempts at killing Kaldar as it was all a hoax. Hopefully these events will transpire.

Well after this weeks episode,we know Chesire won't go after Aqualad anymore.Kinda felt weird that Nightwing couldn't figure out the truth about BB until the end of this week's episode.He was trained by batman after all,and not just pyhsically either.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@papad1992 said:

2-3

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SuperJedi17 said:

@Oscars94 said:

Well after this weeks episode,we know Chesire won't go after Aqualad anymore.Kinda felt weird that Nightwing couldn't figure out the truth about BB until the end of this week's episode.He was trained by batman after all,and not just pyhsically either.

Nightwing needed proof of Jaime's treachery. It's a little hard to accuse a hero with an unblemished record. Especially when that hero begged to have his powers removed. Besides, what evidence did Nightwing have to go on before he found Robin's batarang? The one time Jaime acted out beforehand was on a solo mission. If Miss Martian had cleared Green Beetle properly, "War World" wouldn't have played out like it did.

@srk12 said:

If you think about it, they really have not accomplished anything other than finding out that Reach was the Light's hidden partner. Even that discovery was useless because they found that out at the exact time when the Reach exposed themselves to the world as friends. Outside of that, its hard to see any good that they have done. Their HQ got destroyed. Blue Beetle who was free of the scarab before has now brought himself under Reach control due to his paranoia. Kaldur's brain got fried and he is now the target of Cheshire's wrath. Miss Martian and Artemis are essentially trapped on Black Manta's submarine. Superboy, Mal, Bumblebee, Batgirl, Robin, Impulse, Beast Boy, and Cassie have now been captured by the Reach. Lagoon Boy I assume is out of commission with an injured leg. That leaves Nightwing and Arsenal (presuming he escaped) as the only remaining team members unless I'm missing someone. I hope Nightwing has a plan of some kind because he has come off as a pretty poor leader this season. None of his plans have worked and he has pretty much stopped going out in the field.

Surprises don't equal bad planning. 1) Nightwing and Aqualad hatch a plan to uncover the Light's partner 2) Artemis is "killed" to join Aqualad as Tigress 3) Aqualad and Tigress blow up the HQ to keep character 4) Miss Martian mindwipes Kaldur before the Reach formally announce themselves. This was the first real curveball 5) Miss Martian suffers a depression, fails to properly scan Green Beetle 6) Green Beetle brainwashes Jaime 7) Jaime sabotages the "War World" mission, giving Nightwing his first clue into his "betrayal".

Hell, Batman said himself that teams -and their leaders- prove themselves when reacting to a failed plan.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By SupBatz

@VampireSelektor: It's not so much ineptitude that makes Nightwing come off as a bad leader this season. Like you pointed out, he couldn't have known Jaime would be a traitor or predicted all of the variables that occurred.

He can, however, be held accountable for the repurcussions of his plans. He has told a lot of lies and kept a lot of secrets all of which have fallen apart and are costing the team dearly. The fact that he hasn't been able to control a plan that he created - and a very high stakes plan at that - is the reason I haven't been able to call him a very good leader this season. Hopefully in the next episode we'll see him somewhat redeem himself. The way the last episode ended off gave me the impression that next episode is going to put a lot of focus on Dick.

...On a different note, only four episodes remaining.

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SupBatz said:

@VampireSelektor: It's not so much ineptitude that makes Nightwing come off as a bad leader this season. Like you pointed out, he couldn't have known Jaime would be a traitor or predicted all of the variables that occurred.

He can, however, be held accountable for the repurcussions of his plans. He has told a lot of lies and kept a lot of secrets all of which have fallen apart and are costing the team dearly. The fact that he hasn't been able to control a plan that he created - and a very high stakes plan at that - is the reason I haven't been able to call him a very good leader this season. Hopefully in the next episode we'll see him somewhat redeem himself. The way the last episode ended off gave me the impression that next episode is going to put a lot of focus on Dick.

...On a different note, only four episodes remaining.

This is Nightwing's first test as an adult, and the plan hasn't failed entirely. The world may have accepted the Reach, but Aqualad and Tigress are still undercover in Black Manta's organization. Now Nightwing's figured out Green Beetle's deception. This is his time to turn the tables.

I'm curious to know why Cartoon Network is still dead set on cancelling two of their most popular, well-received shows. The sheer amount of comments from angry fans on their Facebook page should mean something to them.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

2-3

4.@TheCannon said:

Haha,this show is biting off more than it can chew,the conclusion is gonna be amusing.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe the Young Justice members are just underachievers. Infiltrating the Light is some kind of achievement. Rescuing the metas is also some kind of achievement and in a future episode it seems the metas will be sent by Lex Luthor to rescue the Young Justice betrayed by the Blue Beetle. Very easy to wrap up the Reach story in the last episode when Young Justice, the Justice League, the metas, the Light teams up. They might even give a teaser of Darkseid from the aborted next season. If the show was not cancelled, the next villain was probably Darkseid since Godfrey has been preparing the way for Darkseid for many episodes already.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SuperJedi17

@VampireSelektor said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@Oscars94 said:

Nightwing needed proof of Jaime's treachery. It's a little hard to accuse a hero with an unblemished record. Especially when that hero begged to have his powers removed. Besides, what evidence did Nightwing have to go on before he found Robin's batarang? The one time Jaime acted out beforehand was on a solo mission. If Miss Martian had cleared Green Beetle properly, "War World" wouldn't have played out like it did.

But hadn't Beetle basically said it was some surprise(true)snatch and grab,type of scenario? The way he explained(lied) about the event he made it sound like there was no struggle at all but, Dick finds a scuff on the floor,a damaged airlock control panel(at least that's what i think it was)and Robin's birdarang? And he doesn't seem to know until it's made all to obvious on tv? All i'm saying is that dick is also a detective,not just an acrobat,and he was trained by the world's greatest detective in detective work(included with the pyhsical training,all part of the "Bat adoptee package).All i'm saying is,with the lack of having dick in the field,it's extremely frustrating when he doesn't a chance to at least show his skill as a detective as well.I LOVE THE SHOW but stuff like this just piss me the *%&# off,moreso with the cancellation looming over our heads. Also,come back wally,for at least an episode.

Edit:Also Fair point about Miss M.She's been bugging me ever since she's been brain blasting people this season.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@SuperJedi17 said:

But hadn't Beetle basically said it was some surprise(true)snatch and grab,type of scenario? The way he explained(lied) about the event he made it sound like there was no struggle at all but, Dick finds a scuff on the floor,a damaged airlock control panel(at least that's what i think it was)and Robin's birdarang? And he doesn't seem to know until it's made all to obvious on tv? All i'm saying is that dick is also a detective,not just an acrobat,and he was trained by the world's greatest detective in detective work(included with the pyhsical training,all part of the "Bat adoptee package).All i'm saying is,with the lack of having dick in the field,it's extremely frustrating when he doesn't a chance to at least show his skill as a detective as well.I LOVE THE SHOW but stuff like this just piss me the *%&# off,moreso with the cancellation looming over our heads. Also,come back wally,for at least an episode.

I think Dick had pieced everything together before the news broadcast on TV. That was just additional evidence to me.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Twentyfive

Hence why I said this show sucked. And still does.

And the second and final season will end without the feeling of accomplishment. No definitive outcomes...

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperJedi17

@John Valentine said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

I think Dick had pieced everything together before the news broadcast on TV. That was just additional evidence to me.

Well,they should try to make it a little more obvious,maybe not a long piece of dialogue(he is alone at the scene after all) but maybe have him say something like"Jaime" or "Beetle",so we have a good idea on where he is in the investigation.Its not like he seemed to have an idea of what those damages came from.The beetle .....antibodies?(sorry but i have mostly no clue about blue beetle)on robin's birdarang.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SuperJedi17

@Twentyfive said:

And the second and final season will end without the feeling of accomplishment. No definitive outcomes...

Why do you not like this show?I love it,but i would like to know reasons you don't enjoy it.Personally i think the action's great,the storytelling is far beyond most "adult" tv shows,the animation is fluid,and there are many likable characters,but with maybe too many characters overall.Please try to be civil about what you dislike about the show,like some people say,don't speak ill of the dead(in this case just don't talk about like a sterotypical 12 year old call of duty kid would talk $^&* about things)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By John Valentine

@SuperJedi17 said:

@John Valentine said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

Well,they should try to make it a little more obvious,maybe not a long piece of dialogue(he is alone at the scene after all) but maybe have him say something like"Jaime" or "Beetle",so we have a good idea on where he is in the investigation.Its not like he seemed to have an idea of what those damages came from.The beetle .....antibodies?(sorry but i have mostly no clue about blue beetle)on robin's birdarang.

Well, yes. Why would Blue Beetle's antibodies be on Robin's birdarang? Why would Robin need to throw a birdarang in the first place? Mongul was defeated. Second to that, why was the airlock damaged? What kind of weaponry could damage it in such a way? Etc etc.

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SuperJedi17 said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@Oscars94 said:

Edit:Also Fair point about Miss M.She's been bugging me ever since she's been brain blasting people this season.

Well yes, he's the most senior member of the Team. Someone has to sit back and play leader. Recap: Nightwing listened to Jaime's story, then did his research. There was evidence that suggested something funny, but not enough to make an accusation until the press conference.

EDIT: I agree with . Tact also plays an issue here.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twentyfive

@SuperJedi17: It's cool. I'm not going to be a... you know what because you don't agree with me.

Out of the how many episodes we have, I feel that the best we have gotten was "Good". Nothing outstanding, or even great. Just good. The plot tried to be too elaborate. So much so in fact that it began to annoy me. That's not to say I can't keep up, no. It is quite easy to follow that show. Too little got done, and the main bad guys are still roaming free and doing what they are doing. I understand why they are too. Who is supposed to expect a bunch of kids to take out the light and it's constituents (minus Queen Bee)?

Those are A-List villains, and they have no business being that show to the extent that they are. That is why they are still around. Also, the show is way, way too serious, which also impedes any type of enjoyment I can extract beyond the action scenes. Anyway, I don't want to get too much into the character tropes and all the other little things that annoyed me.

Let me sum it up in one short idea: That show tried too hard to be too serious, and in doing so, it lost it's focus.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@entropy_aegis said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@papad1992 said:

2-3

4.@TheCannon said:

Haha,this show is biting off more than it can chew,the conclusion is gonna be amusing.

Tell me about it, You can tell these last episodes are going to be rushed simply for the sake of plot conclusion.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By colonyofcells

The show has accomplished a lot in Invasion. Looks like Superboy and Miss Martian will hook up again and this seems to be the main purpose of the whole season. Should be easy to drive off the Reach. Miss Martian or Martian Manhunter should be able to easily reprogram the blue beetle to beat the Reach.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SuperJedi17

@VampireSelektor said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@Oscars94 said:

Well yes, he's the most senior member of the Team. Someone has to sit back and play leader. Recap: Nightwing listened to Jaime's story, then did his research. There was evidence that suggested something funny, but not enough to make an accusation until the press conference.

EDIT: I agree with . Tact also plays an issue here.

Yeah,i just find that fact really irritating.I just would like to see dick the detective as well as the great leader,acrobat,and combat expert.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SuperJedi17

@John Valentine said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@John Valentine said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

Well, yes. Why would Blue Beetle's antibodies be on Robin's birdarang? Why would Robin need to throw a birdarang in the first place? Mongul was defeated. Second to that, why was the airlock damaged? What kind of weaponry could damage it in such a way? Etc etc.

That's kind of what has bugged me.It just doesn't parallel with Blue's story very well,so why would blue have to lie?,the only thing i think he would have to think is that there's the reach apocalypse that impulse told them all about.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#32  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

SO SAD THE SHOW IS GOING AWAY TO THE BLACK HOLE. SAVE YJ BATMAN!!!!

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#33  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@SuperJedi17 said:

@Twentyfive said:

Why do you not like this show?I love it,but i would like to know reasons you don't enjoy it.Personally i think the action's great,the storytelling is far beyond most "adult" tv shows,the animation is fluid,and there are many likable characters,but with maybe too many characters overall.Please try to be civil about what you dislike about the show,like some people say,don't speak ill of the dead(in this case just don't talk about like a sterotypical 12 year old call of duty kid would talk $^&* about things)

He probably loves Ultimate Spiderman.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SuperJedi17

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@Twentyfive said:

He probably loves Ultimate Spiderman.

I won't lie,i watch ultimate Spider-Man.I know it's not great or anything,but i find it funny.Not that it's got much else going for it,but hey.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Twentyfive

@MadeinBangladesh: Even if I did, that is no grounds for insulting me. If you feel differently from me, say it in a more mature manner than you did, instead of using a fool's argument. Jeez...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jnr6Lil

The show is feeling rushed now though, They're easily trying to fit everything together considering there's only 1-2 episodes left, literally.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.