Y: The Last Man Thread

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By SavageDragon

So recently I re read all of Brian K. Vaughan's epic series Y: The Last Man and it just reminded me and refreshed my memory of why it is one of my favorite if not my all time favorite self contained series. I realize the book is not for everyone, some people might feel it doesn't have enough action, or others feel the art is not detailed or vibrant enough for their taste. Personally I feel like the series was an achievement in comic book writing. One of the reasons why is it was able to tell a sci-fi post apcolyptic tale and yet staying very true and grounded in what we accept as "reality" and how people react. For me, what did it was the dialouge. It's just so smart. Whether it is Yorick Brown's banter and pention for saying the wrong thing at the right time for the reader's enjoyment, or how the situations the main characters become intangled in can be so emtionally charged and honestly gut wrenching (for me at least). This is just an appreciation thread because like I said, I re read my hardcover collection of the book and I really loved it even more the second time. In comics there is tendency to cycle, that nothing ends it just keeps going and gets re booted, usually there is nothing wrong with that. And yet with self contained books with an end like Y, or Sweet tooth will be, you can appreciate true story telling without the need to keep it going infinitely. I love me some super hero books but I love Y: The Last Man in a different way. The end shows us that life will find a way to push on. but not always with the happy ending we want. So any fans of the book out there on the Vine?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

It was an amazing book, definitely a master piece in its genre as far as I'm concerned

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Personally, it's my favorite comic book series too...like, ever. AND Just like the Walking Dead..it deserves a Tv show...but, maybe on HBO....

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Katie24

A damn near perfect comic.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SavageDragon

@The Stegman: Cool its one of my faves as well. Yeah HBO would be awesome, no commercials and nudity lol

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SavageDragon

@cattlebattle said:

It was an amazing book, definitely a master piece in its genre as far as I'm concerned

Totally agree.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @SavageDragon: I think a premium channel would be the only ones that COULD show it with the amount of violence and nudity on it...then again, AMC isn't that bad with pushing the envelop what with Breaking Bad and Walking Dead.
    SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SavageDragon

@The Stegman: Yeah true. Im a big fan of both Shows. On another note i heard AMC is considering doing a Thief of Thieves show based on the Kirkman comic. It would be a 2 hour Kirkman block lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.