Follow

Xavin

Character » Xavin appears in 64 issues.

Xavin is a Skrull who came to Earth to marry Karolina Dean, a member of the Runaways. To avoid a multi-planet disaster, Karolina agreed to marry Xavin. Xavin is also training to become a Super-Skrull.

Why doesn't Xavin stay in its female form?

SupaMan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SupaMan64

In one comic when Molly asked why didn't he stay he just gave this lame excuse about how everyone's different.

ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ForbushBug

Easier to use public restrooms as a male.

redtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By redtha

Didn't Xavin once say something along the lines of enemies finding his male form more intimidating or something? Been awhile since I've read anything Runaways related, I could be wrong.

SupaMan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SupaMan64

Yes. I guess I am. Maybe I was asking more of your opinion than what it says clearly then. :/

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Well Xavin feels that people will take her more serious while she is in her male form, and because up until she met Karolina, she had been in her male form her whole entire life.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ForbushBug said:
    " Easier to use public restrooms as a male. "
    LMAO
    SupaMan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SupaMan64
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Another, kinda question. I know this is weird but.. what would you say her sexuality is? I mean she goes from male to female. LOL.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @SupaMan64: Well seeing how she was a male her whole life, and liked Karolina as a male too, and still thinks like a man, i would say straight i guess.. idk lol
    SupaMan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SupaMan64
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx:  Yeah I think he's just posing as a female to please her lesbian side and his straight side which is weird because if she's lesbian then she's attracted to lesbians so then she can't be attracted to Xavin because he's technically straight but he's also technically lesbian because you can't have sex with a girl and be a girl and still be straight unless it's one time thing but I'm sure it's happened on numurous occasions. Confusing. hahaha
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @SupaMan64 said:
    " @xxCellPhoneGirlxx:  Yeah I think he's just posing as a female to please her lesbian side and his straight side which is weird because if she's lesbian then she's attracted to lesbians so then she can't be attracted to Xavin because he's technically straight but he's also technically lesbian because you can't have sex with a girl and be a girl and still be straight unless it's one time thing but I'm sure it's happened on numurous occasions. Confusing. hahaha "
    You'd think wrong. 

It's a matter of habit.  To a shape-changing race like the Skrulls, gender is as mutable as which pair of shoes you want to wear today.  So when someone is used to wearing a male face then they slip back into that like an old comfortable pair of trainers/sneakers. 

However, when the team were sent into the past, Xavin reverted to a female form without even being conscious about it.  Xavin had reached a point where being a woman was more normal than being a man.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.