Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Xorn's Manipulation of Gravity

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In New X-Men, Xorn stated that he can speak and understand other languages just by "shaking gravitational particles in the air around him." How is that possible? I know this is a comic book and not everything has to make sense (comic book logic lol) but this has really been bugging me. How does one manipulate gravity to understand and speak other languages when people are talking to him? I understand that originally Xorn was supposed to be Magneto and he was fooling the X-Men into accepting him (which explains why he could speak English) but..............that idea has been retconned and turns out that Xorn is a Chinese mutant who impersonated Magneto by changing his face to look like Magneto. And apparently, his peaceful brother, Shen has the same ability as well.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you assume that Xorneto was lying when he said that, then everything else makes sense.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's Morrison and should largely be forgotten

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked how he was able to sustain the miniature star for the entire time, but wouldn't show any energy projection when he finally was unleashed.

I mean, even by logic Xorn being the impostor works better than it being the actual Magneto.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

@adamtrmm: Honestly if Xorn had been replaced by Magneto instead of being him all along, or if i was revealed that he was using Xorn to amp his powers or...... smh not gonna do this with Xorn.

They messed up long and short of it.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a big problem.

Avatar image for professorrespect
    ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

No one even knows for sure if Xorn even existed, the history of the character is a mess and full of retcons.

I assume that statement was down to the following reasons-

A. He was just lying, finding a reasonable excuse to get away with randomly knowing English perfectly even through he's Chinese (which was likely the original reason before the retcon)

B. His powers don't actually work in that way that he states and he has some sort of secondary mutation

C. His powers violate the laws of physics and somehow do translate languages.

Only A makes sense with the rest of his history pre rubbish retcon so I'd go with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.