Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men won't join the MCU for YEARS...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So Kevin Fegie just said that the X-men won't be joining the MCU films for years. I'm not going to post a link. Just type in X-men into Google and it will come up. With the swirl around Black Panther, cast and director have been questioned if we will see Storm in the future. And the director was unclear and said he wants the X-men in Fegie's control.

SO... It seems even though Marvel owns Fox-- The X-men are still in a bit of limbo still.

Thoughts?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would say the end of 2020 or 2021 would qualify as years. Frankly I don't really care as long as this move fixes the comics push

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I don't want a marvel X-Men movie....

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Good do it right don't rush it just because you have it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I don't want a marvel X-Men movie....

too bad.................at least maybe it would be like the comicbook.......im thinking another dark phoenix sega just like claremont's version .........LOL that would be 3 stories about the phoenix in the x-men movies :P XD XP

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By butterflykyss

i saw those interviews i didnt get impression it was years

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

@butterflykyss said:

i saw those interviews i didnt get impression it was years

That's what Feige said. "years"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/31/fantastic-four-x-men-wont-join-mcu-anytime-soon-according-to-marvel-studios-kevin-feige

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahahahahaha.

There's still hope for some good movies I guess.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
    MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The deal won't even be approved by the government for over a year if I'm not mistaken. Marvel can't do anything. They have to have their movies planed so far in advance and I don't think they can really start on significant plains until the deal is final.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

so will they just be rebooting the x-men? im guessing no one from the original cast right

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

The deal won't even be approved by the government for over a year if I'm not mistaken. Marvel can't do anything. They have to have their movies planed so far in advance and I don't think they can really start on significant plains until the deal is final.

Untrue. Spider-man's movie deal pushed other movie further back when Marvel got the rights to make a spidy film.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adamTRMM

too bad.................at least maybe it would be like the comicbook.......im thinking another dark phoenix sega just like claremont's version .........LOL that would be 3 stories about the phoenix in the x-men movies :P XD XP

Because MCU movies are like comic books? Who is even responsible for this twisted and misleading mythos?

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can't have a dcu xmen movie for years due to the fact that the deal still has to be approved by the federal government. they also have to figure out how they are going to restructure their creative divisions and other stuff.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Because MCU movies are like comic books? Who is even responsible for this twisted and misleading mythos?

With that said... I thought Spider-man (mcu) was kind of off... I felt like it was desperate to be original. Love that it added poc. But still... I want somewhat accurate x-men films. Mystique as the leader is fanfiction...

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Untrue. Spider-man's movie deal pushed other movie further back when Marvel got the rights to make a spidy film.

I forgot about Spider-Man pushing other movies back. Still this deal is very different than that. It involves way more than just X-Men and its so long that the government will take a very long time to actually approve it I'f I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure production for a movie takes a very long time and and pre production as well. I'm pretty sure most movies like this take years to develop. I believe they announced the Spider-Man deal in 2015. They had over two years to make a Spider-Man movie. Marvel can't just start the process of making these movies until they actually know for certain that the deal is going through. Or at least that is the way I'm interpreting the situation. I may be missing something though.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

.. I want somewhat accurate x-men films. Mystique as the leader is fanfiction...

Mystique didn't really lead the X-Men considering there was no actual team in the movies where she was younger. Also, the X-Men has be retconned so much in their history that most of the franchise just seems like fan fiction anyways at some points. Mystique has been a member of the X-Men on multiple occasions.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I heard that they're going to be moving forward with Gambit, and they lost their director again. It would be nice if they have time to make a Dark Phoenix part 2, if it is supposed to be two parts. Ending the franchise on a cliff hanger would be dissapointing.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:
    @adamtrmm said:

.. I want somewhat accurate x-men films. Mystique as the leader is fanfiction...

Mystique didn't really lead the X-Men considering there was no actual team in the movies where she was younger. Also, the X-Men has be retconned so much in their history that most of the franchise just seems like fan fiction anyways at some points. Mystique has been a member of the X-Men on multiple occasions.

I am well aware of the time alter in history. I'm also well aware that they said time is like a river and can correct itself. Having Mystique be the face of Mutant kind and leading the X-men at the end of Apocalypse was solely because of JLaw's fame. I promise you.. if she played Emma in First Class we would have been seeing more of Emma instead now. Making the X-film's plot revolve around an actor instead of the comics' story is fan-fiction to me.. Especially when the relevance is off. Mystique is RARELY ever this much of a main X-men character. Bad guy, sure... Main X-men Team member... Yeah.. NO. Singer thought people wanted more JLAW and it failed.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
    @poisonfleur said:
    @amcu said:

I forgot about Spider-Man pushing other movies back. Still this deal is very different than that. It involves way more than just X-Men and its so long that the government will take a very long time to actually approve it I'f I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure production for a movie takes a very long time and and pre production as well. I'm pretty sure most movies like this take years to develop. I believe they announced the Spider-Man deal in 2015. They had over two years to make a Spider-Man movie. Marvel can't just start the process of making these movies until they actually know for certain that the deal is going through. Or at least that is the way I'm interpreting the situation. I may be missing something though.

You're right... But I'm confused. Why is the government having such a big say in the film rights? Espcially after the merger and lauren shuler donner said she is wants to colab with Fegie. I don't understand the hold up, i guess.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're right... But I'm confused. Why is the government having such a big say in the film rights? Espcially after the merger and lauren shuler donner said she is wants to colab with Fegie. I don't understand the hold up, i guess.

I'm honestly not totally sure all that the government as doing. I think that part of it was to make sure their isn't a monopoly. They talk about some of it in this article

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/disney-fox-deal-antitrust-enforcement-1202637338/

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I want to mention two things. First the Spider-man deal was different. This was a deal over sharing the temporary(Spider-man and others goes back to Sony once the allotted time is up) rights to the character and Marvel had already 2 versions of the Civil War script one with and without Spider-man. This was not a purchase of Sony like it is with fox. This was a simple deal that went through once the ink was dry because it nothing like the fox deal.

Second the Fox deal is a massive deal. This deal is not just about the rights to the Xmen but the rights to every thing under the 21st Century Fox umbrella including licensing deals for Tv shows and Movies on Fox Tv shows. This is such a massive merger. That the Government checks to make sure everything is on the up and up no shading business like for Disney to be given a Monopoly. The Deal will go through probably unless for an unforeseen circumstance. It will take 12-18 months for it to be finalized. There is no reason for Disney to act like they own the Xmen yet when they don't. No reason to plan so early in case the deal falls through. I'm sure as we get closer to the 12-18 months end we will start hearing stuff about the Mutants showing up in the MCU. If Kevin Feige stay in charge of marvel then we probably won't see mutants till like end of 2020 or 2021.

LawCol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this only for the X-Men or the whole of mutants?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@amcu said:
    @poisonfleur said:

I'm honestly not totally sure all that the government as doing. I think that part of it was to make sure their isn't a monopoly. They talk about some of it in this article

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/disney-fox-deal-antitrust-enforcement-1202637338/

It's much like @darkpesmerga10: says, the issue with the Disney/Fox deal is that it's one major operator within a field thats taking control of another. And in the case of the government, thats a problem because the fewer big players there are on any given field of buisness, the greater the say the individual company has to say about whats going on. As such the Marvel part of all of this really doesn't enter into it.

It's sort of the same problem Fox has run into in Britain with their attempted purchase of the Sky network, and the current deal has been deemed by the UK gov to not be in favour of the British public... since Murdoch already owns a huge part of the British tabloid press.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Amcu

@outside_85: Yeah that's kinda what it sounded like to me. Thanks man.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am well aware of the time alter in history. I'm also well aware that they said time is like a river and can correct itself.

Are you??

Having Mystique be the face of Mutant kind and leading the X-men at the end of Apocalypse was solely because of JLaw's fame. I promise you.. if she played Emma in First Class we would have been seeing more of Emma instead now. Making the X-film's plot revolve around an actor instead of the comics' story is fan-fiction to me..

There is no question that Jennifer Lawrence's popularity coincides with how they use Mystique but her usage isn't anything different from other comic films. Many characters that aren't that prominent in the comics are prominent in the MCU films, and your last statement is kind of silly, nearly every super hero film relies on the popularity of the actor, and the X-Men films do rely on the story.

Especially when the relevance is off. Mystique is RARELY ever this much of a main X-men character. Bad guy, sure... Main X-men Team member... Yeah.. NO. Singer thought people wanted more JLAW and it failed.

Mystique has been a "tweener" for quite a long time. She had a pretty large role in the 80s X-Men titles and helped the X-Men during Fall of the Mutants and aided them against The Reavers, and has consistently had a place on an X-Men related team in nearly every decade since then. You could even argue her love triangle with Xavier and Magneto is based on the Ultimate version of her....but that's "fan fiction" to you I guess. Anyways, it's more like the studio heads wanted to feature Lawrence more prominently, Singer has always liked the Mystique character though, considering she had such a large role in the first two X-Men films.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I mean, this is fairly obvious. It will take years for them to plan, cast, film, and release a movie. They already have several movies in the pipeline that were planned before the Fox acquisition. It's ridiculous to think that we would get an MCU X-Men film immediately.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone have the link of Fegie talking about it?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyiena said:

Good do it right don't rush it just because you have it.

Right. As much and BADLY I want them in the MCU now....I want them to take their time.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things you will never see in a MCU X-Men movie....

Loading Video...
    DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: @hawk2916: It’s probably later than that since Bob Iger and others suggest that the slated planned films are going to happen.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be kinda stupid to go thru everything to reacquire the Xmen and Fantastic Four, just to sit them on the shelf. I kinda see it being like what they did with Spiderman which seemed to move pretty fast. But who knows....as I've said here quite a bit, frankly I don't really care about the movies. Give me good comics and I'd add do some good cartoons and that works good enough

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

It would be kinda stupid to go thru everything to reacquire the Xmen and Fantastic Four, just to sit them on the shelf. I kinda see it being like what they did with Spiderman which seemed to move pretty fast. But who knows....as I've said here quite a bit, frankly I don't really care about the movies. Give me good comics and I'd add do some good cartoons and that works good enough

I hope to God they don't wait entire mcu phase before the X-men join the mix... We all aren't getting any younger.. And I need my X-men cartoons, games, and merch.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: one wouldnhooe. But they are very stubborn and stupid and spiteful. I could see them doing it just because

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@hawk2916: The deal had nothing to do with the Marvel properties. It was about streaming services.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@poisonfleur: one wouldnhooe. But they are very stubborn and stupid and spiteful. I could see them doing it just because

*ULTIMATE EYE ROLL*

Tbh... I feel some of these titles are dumb. Ant-man, Inhumans, Iron Man 3, Thor 1 & 2.... But I'm a minority in all this.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@hawk2916: I mean it wasn’t much of a priority and not the reason why Disney wanted to buy Fox.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666: Ok? It was part of the reason Disney bought Fox. Let's not act like Disney buying Marvel and then Marvel wanting all their properties back so that under Disney they could make more movies and merchandise and own it all this making Disney money, did not play a factor in the purchase at all. However small or insignificant as you may say it is. It mattered. Sure there are other reasons, no one is stupid. But what I was discussing was the impact of comics and movies. And again as I've said plenty of times here, I could care less about the movies really. Just make the comics better. The fact that Disney wants to gobble up so much of the industry and spent big bucks to do it, in my opinion means that no property purchased no matter how big or small will or should be left on the shelf and that if they could earn a profit of one cent on the dollar of the money spent they'd do it.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@hawk2916: If it was then I’m sure Kevin Feige would known about it so he could make plans. Apparently he didn’t’ even know about the deal until it was publicly announced, which had been going on for a year.

Yeah, comics will be better now. But probably not too soon since Bob Iger implied that Fox’s plans with the Marvel property happen before they return to Marvel.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My biggest worry is that the X-Men's individuality will be sacrificed. Homecoming was fine but it felt like they were trying too hard to fit Spidey into the "Avengers" block when he has always worked so well on his own. It would be great to see the FF or X-Men in the MCU but ONLY if they are individuals. Last thing I'd want to see is Reed playing second fiddle to Tony Stark or Xavier answering to Nick Fury. I get that the Avengers built the MCU but the X-Men and FF built Marvel.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest worry is that the X-Men's individuality will be sacrificed. Homecoming was fine but it felt like they were trying too hard to fit Spidey into the "Avengers" block when he has always worked so well on his own. It would be great to see the FF or X-Men in the MCU but ONLY if they are individuals. Last thing I'd want to see is Reed playing second fiddle to Tony Stark or Xavier answering to Nick Fury. I get that the Avengers built the MCU but the X-Men and FF built Marvel.

THIS^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.