Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Solo Movie Ideas

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Koays  Online

A spin-off of sorts from my Launch your own X-Men Cinematic Universe thread.

Post your ideas for different X-Men characters solo movies, including plots, villains, possible stars and or directors.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Dazzler film with 80s aesthetic that gets insane. It would start out with her gaining fame and going on tour and her tour bus travels through different dimensions until she ultimately has to defeat Mortis, who has absconded with The Adversary in a bid to rule the Omniverse.

Villains: I just told you, primarily Mortis and Adversary with other underlings like the Gladiators.

Supporting cast: O.Z Chase, Haunch, Beefer, Marx, Lila Cheney, Strong Guy, Dazzler's lawyer.

Actors: Haha, I know next to nothing about modern day Hollywood or modern pop music, so, I don't know, Samara Weaving I guess.

Director Nicolas Winding Refn

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Also , a bit more extreme choice to direct could be Gaspar Noé

Check this shit

Loading Video...

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

•Sinister

Plot: An Englishmen searches for the answers regarding his newfound superpowers through experiments of his fellow mutants to find the most powerful mutant combination.

Characters: Sinister (through the years), Selene (through the years, and some cameo appearances

Antagonists: Apocalypse, Ozymandias, Living Monolith, Mikhail Rasputin, Holocaust

•Captain Britain

Plot: An English superhero searches for his sister who has been kidnapped by a secret Japanese organization.

Characters: Captain Britain, Meggan, Psylocke, Longshot

Antagonist: Kwannon, “The Hand”, and a Secret villains ( I already put a hint as to who the real villains are)

•A Way Past to a New Future (a Kitty Pryde solo)

Plot: Kate Pryde, Rachel Summers, Phoenix Force, Wolverine

Antagonist: Ahab, Sentinels, unnamed Hounds, Nimrod, Mastermold

(Yeah, a lot of bad guys, but not everything would be solved in a solo)

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@cattlebattle: check out my list for a Dazzler film set in the 70s with Mojo as the lead villain

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

@pyrofn: this feels like an excalibur film

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pyrofn: Love the idea of a Sinister solo.

It's actually who I thought about when I saw this thread.

Mine would be a horror sci-fi film and sort of a prequel possibly even establishing origins for Scott Summers and even Gambit along with others.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Same, Except I also would’ve added Madelyne as well, a Sinister through the years sort of thing. Mine would be more a Frankenstein’s monster type deal, where we would see the results of his tests and their affect on the world around them. Apocalypse is an antagonist at first and for most of the story, with it ending with them partnering.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

@payneintheass:Thanks and yeah, that movie looks...interesting. Gaspar Noe also made "Enter the Void", which was somehow simultaneously the most interesting and boring movie I have ever seen.

@ravenvice01: Yeah, I would save the Mojoverse for a sequel. Longshot's lore could facilitate its own franchise to be honest.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before Magneto

(part of the foXverse)

We've seen Erik operate as a legit headhunter in FC. But how he became one? What came before the final steps in becoming the infamous Magneto and how a tortured young man was turned into a cold blooded killer?

Somewhat based on the ideas I exchanged with @payneintheass

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine: Acts of Violence

Plot: Logan is abducted by an unknown enemy, and set against deranged superpowered serial killers for the entertainment of a deprived director.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily

We need the HOM movie when the X-men and fantastic four are officially inducted into the marvel universe.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adamTRMM

@kasya_carey said:

Easily

We need the HOM movie when the X-men and fantastic four are officially inducted into the marvel universe.

No Caption Provided

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey:

Oh, I just expressed my feelings on the issue.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm: that's hilarious. My feelings as well LMAO!

Another idea for a movie I guess that could operate as a solo might be doing one on Maddie Pryor. But they should change her origin somewhat...talk about a tragic character.

An Emma Frost solo based on her series from back in the day and leading up to her joining the Hellfire club might be interesting.

I've toyed with Cyclops solo but I think it should be more like a mystery type movie in which some of the O5 adventures are told in flashbacks similar to how Godfather 2 did or more recently how Days of Future Past told the story in two timelines but to a lesser extent. But the "present day" movie would be about the assembling of the Giant Size Xmen as we know it and rescuing the original team from Krakoa. Also Krakoa wouldn't be a living man island or whatever (soooo stuuuupid!!)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A salient problem for the X-Men is that not many characters could uphold a very interesting solo film, let alone a series of films. You have a small contingent of characters that are popular enough like Wolverine and Deadpool and then there are characters who have a lot of their own lore but it's not a guarantee that they will make bank like Cable, Gambit, Dazzler, Longshot etc. I don't know, it's a gamble.

I'd be interested to see if there were any Netflix type series that would spin out of the films. I have some ideas for something like that. Maybe someone should make a thread about it.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By phisigmatau

@adamtrmm said:
    @kasya_carey said:

Easily

No Caption Provided

what he said.^

@cattlebattle incredible idea.

@pyrofn sinister solo sounds awesome as well

Storm, Gambit or Cable movie would be dope...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By adamTRMM

I actually can see LOADS of potential in a Gambit movie. It could be another breakout CBM if done right. And I'm not even the biggest fan.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of Netflix or now Marvel series based on Xmen characters.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Handling the X-men movieverse is hard. No matter what company has them Fox or Marvel. Marvel had the inhumans and that didn't do to well quality wise or reception wise. I hate when people say(Not on this thread) that Marvel would do better with the X-men than Fox. Add in the fact I don't see the point of the MCU adding mutants when they have Inhumans which fit way more into the MCU lore than Mutants. Don't get me wrong I love the X-men more than the Inhumans especially as I don't care for the Inhumans and the only marvel comics I buy is X-men.

If I were to have handled the X-men franchise I would decide who gets solo movies based on:

-Story potential

-Character potential

-Box office potential based on current trends

Based off this I would do:

Storm Solo due to the high success of Wonder women for powerful women and Black panther for powerful entertaining black superheros. Storywise I would keep it move close to her African roots expanding more on her mystical side and not just on her mutation. Unlike Black panther I wouldn't make it technology advanced I would make it more about going back to the roots and seeing the beauty of a world through its natural state. Villain wise I would make it the African god Kovlfur.

Summer brothers Solo focus on their trip throughout space with their father. Keep some bits of his origin true like him not being able to control his powers or his mother and little brother supposedly dying. However I would have had his father survive and him and Alex never separated. Instead of would have had them come into their powers when they were teenagers and taken to an area 51 like location. This is where I would have them steal a space ship and travel the cosmos. Story about them discovering more about themselves, their powers and family bond. Villain I would have made an alien species. I also would slightly change their powers. Not in a way that changes anything from the comics but more so expand on the information given in the comics. Like Cyclops and his eyes opening up to another pure energy dimension would be explored more. Have him come across Alien tech that allows him to channel that Concussive energy through his hands and legs to increase his speed and strength.

Rogue Solo focusing on her being an assassin used to gather info on enemies using her Absorption power to absorb the knowledge they posses like the comics as far as her powers are concerned. Kept the southern accent and attitude but only when she was being herself. When she was on a mission impersonating someone I would have her develop a personality akin to that. I would make the plot about her infiltrating and putting down a secret organization designed to harvest mutant abilities to take over the world. Villain would be the the Hetacomb(Redefined) as the collect energy and powers of 100's of mutants. Add in Gambit for a more Mr. and Mrs smith feel.

Then of course other soles like:

-Magneto/Charles combined Solo

-Jean Solo feautring Beast, Angel and Iceman(?)

-Wolverine Solo

Leading into the group movies of:

-O5 Teaming up in a movie against Sentinels

-The gang(O5, Storm, Rogue, etc) against Sinister/Hellfire Club

-Apocalypse movie

-Phoenix Force movie

Had it ordered like:

-Magneto/Charles Solo

-Summer Solo

-Jean+Co solo

-O5 Sentinel team up movie

-Summer 2 Solo

-Storm Solo

etc

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cosmiccelest The big problem with the X-Men compared to the Avengers is that the X-Men are built from the ground-up to be a team. Using solo movies to build them like they did with the Avengers would never work because the entire concept of them requires them being a team first and individual heroes second. I think that they could definitely having amazing solo movies after their first introduction, but not before.

What Marvel needs to do is start seeding the concept of mutants early on. Have people in the shows who possess powers without knowing where they came from. Have the Fantastic Four postulate about a link between the development of post-human abilities by Spider-Man and the Hulk where ordinarily they might've died. Use the Scarlet Witch show to propose the idea of there having been superhumans before the Avengers. Then, in Phase 5 or later, then introduce the M-word. In a Fantastic Four movie, ideally, and then the after-credits can show Xavier assembling the children. It doesn't need to be anything flashy or crazy, just the idea of a subspecies of superhumans who are popping up more and more. Have something happen that builds the idea of the fear a bit which then sets the stage for Magneto to rise up to "liberate" mutants and the X-Men to stop him.

After that there could be solo movies. Storm's history with Black Panther is a good one, as would be a Rogue/Captain Marvel conflict. But the X-Men are an ensemble cast and honestly they just don't work being split up. Cameos? Sure. But Marvel knows that it is better to make 4 or 5 AMAZING X-Men movies than 15 mediocre ones.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.