Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men Run vs Run 2.0- X-Force v3 (Kyle and Yost) vs Uncanny X-Force (Remender)

• 48 results
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Koays

Poll X-Men Run vs Run 2.0- X-Force v3 (Kyle and Yost) vs Uncanny X-Force (Remender) (32 votes)

K&Y's X-Force 28%
    Remender's Uncanny X-Force 72%

Match 7 of the new tourney

Previously-

Match 1- In a rematch from last year Morrison once again "Murderstomped" Bendis' run.

Match 2- Saw Joss Whedon's Astonishing defeat Lobdell's Uncanny X-Men run. (Though the battle continues

Match 3- Is seeing an interesting battle between Claremont and Davis' Exaclibur and Peter David's X-Factor with X-Factor seemingly in the lead.

Match 4- Has Jason Aaron's WatX-Men run against Austen's Uncanny X-Men run. With a Austen in the lead via the poll.

Match 5- Has a solid victory for Cullen Bunn's Magneto over Carey's X-Men Legacy

Match 6- Has a tight match between Fraction's Uncanny and Claremont's X-Treme, with Claremont in a slight lead.

(All battles are ongoing until end of R1)

NOW

Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost's X-Force v3 picks up after Messiah Complex, with Cyclops deciding, following the Decimation of all but 198 mutants, that a team would need to be formed to go after and permanently put down threats to mutant kind. The team of Wolverine, Archangel, X-23, Warpath, Wolfbane, Domino and Elixir would go after the Purifiers and Bastian, The Leper Queen, Cable and Stryfe, as well as the Facility; all while Selene and her army of familiar, yet undead forces slowly move forward in their plans. Can the team complete their bloody assignments while battling there own individual demons and adversaries?

VS

Remender's Uncanny X-Force picks up following the disbanding of the previous X-Force team by Cyclops. Wolverine recruits Psylocke, Fantomex and Deadpool to join Archangel and himself as they attempt to make life safe for the small number of mutants remaining, this time without even Cyclops knowing of the teams existence. Wolverine leads his team through many dangers including Apocalypse, Deathloks, the alternate universes and even one of their own. Can X-Force survive the tasks at hand or will they destroy themselves in the process?

so.....Which do YOU think is better?

Feel Free write your pros and cons for both titles.....ALSO any suggestions for other good runs.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

• 
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved K&Y's X-Force. I've read it a few times. They really created a sense of urgency that made you believe in the necessity of X-Force. Elixir and X-23 also had a lot of great moments through the series and they are 2 of my faves, so bonus points for that.

I read part of Remender's run and couldn't finish it. I think I got a little bit past the dark angel saga or whatever it was called and then just started reading something else and never went back. I just found it boring after a certain point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Uncanny X-Force because Psylocke and Opena's art. I also like how unrelentingly bleak and nihilistic it is.

The art in X-Force vol. 3 is ugly, dark, digital crap. I mean, if you're going to give us nothing but excessive violence with a paper-thin plot, at least make it pretty.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remender.

The story is more interesting, the ending has a finality for some characters (which is apparently ignored now), the villains are interesting, Openas art is glorious, it makes use of old plot elements that you would think have lost steam, like Apocalypse and Archangel and AoA. Even characters that are usually unlikable like Deadpool and Fantomex are likable in it.

I have never understood the Kyle and Yost hype train. I have never liked anything they have produced except maybe what they have worked on in animation.....because they are better fit for writing stuff for kids apparently. Clayton Crane's art is ugly, the gore is excessive and feels like it's done for shock value, the villains are bland, even the roster is kind of lame, I like Wolverine, Rahne and Warpath...but everyone else in that book gets a resounding "meh" from me.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny X-Force.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Uncanny X-force. I found the book and the X-force team more interesting

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#9  Edited By time1

I voted for Kyle and Yost X-Force. The stories are better and so most of the artwork. It actually feels like the X-Force, with Domino and Warpath in it. Uncanny X-Force felt more like the X-Men than a X-Force title.

@sprior93 Kyle & Yost X-Force is ugly and digital crap. Are you serious?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By adamTRMM

No, no, no. I'm on my phone and won't be near pc for at least a couple of days and people on here rustle my jimmies and long expositions are not for the phone so until I'm home I shouldn't be getting anywhere near this because for me it's KY's supremacy and it's not even close. Anyone who disagrees will be challenged.

Sprior be ready.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: I thought the art was very beautiful, but I do remember seeing panels where the bodies would be drawn out of proportion. When I first saw the art I liked it, but the more I read the more flaws I would see in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

UXF. It was the first comic series I ever loved.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@time: I thought the art was very beautiful, but I do remember seeing panels where the bodies would be drawn out of proportion. When I first saw the art I liked it, but the more I read the more flaws I would see in it.

Hit the nail right on the head. When I first saw it I thought it looked great then I turned the page and thought "Why is one of wolverine's arms bigger then the other." While it often looked like perfection it would also look flawed on the next page.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

No art is perfect in all titles. Both titles had good artwork and not great artwork. Any one remember the artwork from Otherworld story arc in Uncanny X-Force, that artwork was dreadful. Clayton Crain artwork in K &Y X-Force is not great, but a least in fits the tone of the book.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

GODDAMMIT @koays.... why would you do this to me!!!

Both series were great in my opinion. Liked the roster a little more in Xforce. The only downfall of Uncanny was the inclusion of Fantomex and the needless Deadpool. Gambit and Cable would have been so much better here.

Its a hard choice here.... I just.. ijust....I cant... I cant right now....*covers face, utters a sound thats a cross between a cough, asob and a growl and then runs from the room*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: stiff, dull and unappealing

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: lmfao, this one was totally based on a suggestion...I just put it in the que. Though i do love how all hell has broken loose so quickly because of this.

Idk about the art guys....like there were some bad off model images in X-Force, but the colors in Uncanny X-Force could and did ruin entire issues, and never does uncanny reach the sheer awesomeness of X-Force when its having a good day.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93:

Don't worry, you'll have cattlebattle on your side, he's also on the list.

Dam I'm in minority, feel so Xmen right now.

Mutant pride hashtag righ here.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm ..... Do I have to only pick one?

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K/Y for me.

While I do like Remender's run, I enjoyed the cast and stories in K/Y better. Nihilism as a theme for a story is contradictory. If everything really is pointless (I am not saying that life does, or doesn't have a point), then where is the conflict? Why would anyone on the team care to do anything? Wouldn't killing yourself be easier, that way you didn't have to endure being conscious and thinking about how bleak it all is?

Oh and I love Crain. His work in Rai is amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked uncanny but it was a tough choice :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: The themes of Uncanny X-Force are 'violence begets violence' and 'optimism vs cynicism'. It's about how the ideology of X-Force is incredibly flawed.

Every member of the team has been brain-washed to kill at one point in their lives; it's ingrained in their being. Throughout the series they struggle to justify their actions and are ultimately tainted by them. Each character, in their own way, comes to realize that it's choice(free will) that makes a hero, not power or destiny. Heroes should strive to be better, even in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Frankly, I've never enjoyed X-Force comics outside of Remender. Preventative termination is simply beneath the X-Men, and it's a mockery of what they stand for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@

@sprior93 said:

@dman1366: The themes of Uncanny X-Force are 'violence begets violence' and 'optimism vs cynicism'. It's about how the ideology of X-Force is incredibly flawed.

Every member of the team has been brain-washed to kill; it's ingrained in their being. Throughout the series they struggle to justify their actions and are ultimately tainted by them. Each character, in their own way, comes to realize that it's choice(free will) that makes a hero, not power or destiny. Heroes should strive to be better, even in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Frankly, I've never enjoyed X-Force comics outside of Remender. Preventative termination is simply beneath the X-Men, and it's a mockery of what they stand for.

You should be saving some of that mojo for when @adamtrmm comes after us lol

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: i can see your point man. I mean, both are loads better than Leifeld's X-Force....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: Everything is better than Liefeld's X-Force lol.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dman1366

@sprior93: The weird part about that was they took New Mutants, a bunch of kids taught not to be killers (even Magneto taught them that), and turned them into killers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izzy0292:

Yep your tough decision put you on my list as well.

But it's ok to be misguided, it's not if you won't admit your mistake lmao

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#33  Edited By McKlayn

It comes down to one simple thing.

One team has Warpath who is by far one of the best, under used characters in X history

the other has Fantomex, which is (ewww + YUCK - anything good) So yea X-Force wins lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

It comes down to one simple thing.

One team has Warpath who is by far one of the best, under used characters in X history

the other has Fantomex, which is (ewww + YUCK - anything good) So yea X-Force wins lol

(Insert *Warpath Button* joke)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: The real difference being that Fantomex was complex and had a clearly defined character arc, while Warpath was just the edgy dude with knives.

#letsbereal

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally need 3 more runs to round out the tournament so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: You should do Ultimate by Mark Millar if it's not already on your list.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Claremont's Uncanny(2004) vs Brubaker's Uncanny

Millar's Ultimate X-Men vs X-Statix

Millar's Wolverine vs Nicieza's Cable & Deadpool

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I still have been unable to decide on this one. I may take the b*tch route and abstain from the vote

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K&Y all the way.

At least that one had an actual reason for existing besides "Oh Cyclops disbanded X-Force. Let's just continue it behind the back of everyone."

Cast was way better too. Fantomex is just a big no.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@koays: Lobdell Gen X, Claremont New Mutants, Gillian Uncanny X men, Brubaker Uncanny

Honestly Brubaker vs Gillian is pretty fair in length iirc

Stan lee vs Roy Thomas Old school runs lol

Mike Carey X men run before it became legacy,

Joe Casey?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@koays: Lobdell Gen X, Claremont New Mutants, Gillian Uncanny X men, Brubaker Uncanny

Joe Casey?

Man, this would be a way to weed out the real hardcore X-Men fans, but it would also be completely one sided seeing as Stan Lee established some of the most popular characters and Roy Thomas torpedoed the series to the point where it was canceled.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

Joe Casey?

Man, this would be a way to weed out the real hardcore X-Men fans, but it would also be completely one sided seeing as Stan Lee established some of the most popular characters and Roy Thomas torpedoed the series to the point where it was canceled.

lol thats my major problem, half the 90's runs i don't think some people are aware of who the writers were and what they contributed...though marvel seems to have the same problem...and the late 80's/early90s stuff i just don't think some people have read outside of the main 2 titles...same with almost all of the solos.... I'm trying not to lock people out, even though it seems like the best debates are coming from the people i know to be well read.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remender.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really enjoyed both series but I think Uncanny X-Force takes it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, that thread... My legacy and unfulfilled promises haunt me even from the oblivion... As the saying goes, big things have small beginnings so let's start with something small I just spotted:

@sprior93 said:

@mcklayn: The real difference being that Fantomex was complex and had a clearly defined character arc, while Warpath was just the edgy dude with knives.

#letsbereal

Sorry but that quote makes me feel you never truly read X-force. Warpath questioned himself the whole time, which is a question in itself if it was in character or a K/Y character bending, point is they explored his doubts even beyond the needed to give him complexity.

Kind of the opposite of that claim of yours.

Shots fired.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamTRMM

I truly read it, and I found Warpath to be truly boring.

stab stab pew pew

"Killing is bad wrong. I'm good boy. I should no kill. But kill I must because angst drama."

stab stab pew pew

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.